Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 31, 2013 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
lol I wonder how many people that asked are actually getting the raws..

I wish the festival arc would have had at least one more episode, would've liked to see more of what was going through Suzuhara's head throughout the spell, but good job at the end on showing bits of her old frightened self. We see how much she's grown while still wishing not to be noticed.

Takayanagi's group sure had an eerily malicious atmosphere with that spell.
Jun 1, 2013 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
Cratex said:
It appears Sagara rejected Mayura Souda's proposal, but I'm not sure.
I also think he rejected her proposal, and I think he also let out the truth about Izumiko's real identity, which is a very convincing reason why he could not take up her proposal.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 1, 2013 4:17 AM

May 2013
witchhuntress said:
I agree that the screenwriting is not great. I actually expected a lot from the adaptation because the author, Ogiwara(?), had written the fantasy novel I'd liked very much—Dragon Sword and Wind Child. The writing was great in that one (It's translated to English), and after the great adaptation of SSY, I was hoping RDG could have the same...

Yes, Ogiwara Noriko is also the author of 'Dragon Sword and Wind Child'. I love this novel too ^^

Personally, I think RDG can't be compared with SSY even though they're both fantasy novels. To me, SSY is far more superior in every way. But anyway I got your point, if such a novel like SSY, which contains lots more complicated details than RDG, could be adapted into a great anime, so why can't they make RDG a good one?

symbv said:
Cratex said:
It appears Sagara rejected Mayura Souda's proposal, but I'm not sure.
I also think he rejected her proposal, and I think he also let out the truth about Izumiko's real identity, which is a very convincing reason why he could not take up her proposal.

Jun 1, 2013 4:20 AM
Jan 2011
nice2meetu said:
-Yumaol- said:
niaxato said:
Mind putting a spoiler of what that final scene is in the last novel? I am really curious especially when you say it won't be animated.

Send me a pm if you don't want to put the spoiler up here. Thanks.
valoon said:
Would like to know the end too. Can somebody pm it to me? :)
And i liked the scene when they were in the haunted house.
halftonecircle said:

Could you PM me the end too please?

For me too? =/

me too !!

Me too^^
Jun 1, 2013 5:02 AM

Sep 2012
@minuetto

So the anime cut out everything about Miyuki's mom... That's a shame but I guess for a cour adaptation some choices have to be made. Anyway, the anime has succeeded - in my case at least since it got me to buy the novels after all. I think I just need to get going and start to read it.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 1, 2013 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Bet that puts a bit of pepper in the story, I liked the indecent proposal of Mayura, but the obvious answer of Miyuki, made ​​me fall in his arms. A real shame to have only 12 episodes available, you knew that they would leave things hanging, but at least I hope that we can have a second season. I hope that the final episode is a masterpiece. Fabulous designs, pleasant colors.
Jun 1, 2013 9:06 AM
Jan 2012
muddkitty said:
Shiyumi said:
1idd0kun said:
jose21 said:

I searched, but I couldn't find neither the raws or translations of the novel.

I have the raws. It's probably against the rules of the board to post it here so I'll PM you.

Can you you PM me too!

And me! :D I've been stalking these discussion boards for awhile now for this show because people had some good input as to what was going on and so I decided to make an account. x3

Could you PM me too? I just saw the last ep so I kind of want to see Volume 6... thanks! XD
Jun 1, 2013 11:08 AM
Mar 2013
okay i got a lit bit confused - what happened in the end?
is the next ep last one? i mean seriously not close being enough to make things clear
Jun 1, 2013 2:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Pleistoros said:
okay i got a lit bit confused - what happened in the end?
Izumiko blew up, kicked ass, and generally made a mess. I figure next episode Sagara and Mayura will have to clean up the mess.
Jun 1, 2013 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
The ending was pretty good.
Jun 1, 2013 11:28 PM

Mar 2012
It's a shame that the storytelling feels so incoherent, because this series really has some amazing scenes and really interesting concept elements in it sometimes. If only those elements fit together better. With some better execution, this show could have put its fantastic potential to some better use. I would love to see an English translation for the novels, because I love the concept of the whole series, but the anime adaptation's execution is lacking. I have to say though, the last scene between Izumiko and Takayanagi in this episode was really enjoyable to watch. I hope the last episode keeps this up.
Jun 2, 2013 11:25 PM

Feb 2012
That was a bad ass moment by at the end by Izumiko. Looking forward to seeing how the anime wraps out in the next episode.
Jun 3, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
Characters like Takayanagi make me want to see his balls get crushed by a horse.

I hope Miyuki gets some more limelight next episode.
Jun 4, 2013 3:05 AM

May 2010
Can someone PM me? ive been so lost these last couple episode i dont even care if you spoil it for me, i just want to know what going on again, i have a some what idea but that about it.
Jun 4, 2013 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
^ Perhaps you can just write it out here and put it spoiler, so more people can have a look and possibly help you.

Jun 4, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2013
Finally, Izumiko stood up for herself.
But her powers are too strong.

Something will probably happen schoolwide. And someone's bound to fix it.

I wonder what will happen. I wonder if I won't ever be confused again.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 7, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
one of the best episodes. 5/5 so mysterious, strange, and great.

i just really wish this show would get more episodes to explain all this stuff going down, 'cause i don't get it still T_T

badass izu :D

one more ep...and it's still not subbed omfg
Jun 8, 2013 3:42 AM

Oct 2012
Hime-shogun, WTF?

And Izumiko to forget him this way felt rushed and it wasn't believable. Heck, everyone has their own petty problems and it's so boring to watch and follow them.

I have to admit that the scene where Izumiko cast her defend spell was good.

But I thought Izumiko would finally defend what she believes is worth of defending no matter to revealing herself but it seems she forfeited her godly power in the end. It a shame.

Either original novel is bad or anime creators are doing terrible job. Or both.
Jun 8, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2009
I really like Masumi. He's so cute wearing that kimono :)
He's my favorite in this series...
Jun 9, 2013 1:16 PM
Sep 2009
omg this is my favourite episdoe of the whole anime!!! Loved this! :D I liked how she's opening up to her abilities and she did it without turning into the goddess. I would really like to see her progress further. I sad it's just gonna end without development.
Jun 9, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
So Izumiko finally did something... it seemed so OOC, lol.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 9, 2013 11:59 PM
Dec 2011
1idd0kun said:
jose21 said:

I have the raws. It's probably against the rules of the board to post it here so I'll PM you.

Can you please pm me it too ? Im desperate!! >_<
Jun 11, 2013 4:34 AM
Jun 2013
Hyoni said:
1idd0kun said:
jose21 said:

Can you please pm me it too ? Im desperate!! >_<

Me also want! tried googling in 3 diff lang and cannot find it LOL. pm me thx !
Jun 12, 2013 6:42 PM

Jan 2010
Most of the comments here seem to be about the future rather than this episode. As I don't want to know anything before it airs (in decent resolution), I'll have to step aside and return later.

Interesting episode, though. A lot of effort was put into the ambience and it was really good. It still felt a bit rushed. Not in a bad way but as though the episode would have benefitted greatly by being 30-35 minutes in length. It took a while for me to piece things together (e.g. uniform colours, offensive/defensive, the Princess General, etc…) which could probably have been dealt with more thoroughly beforehand if there were a few more minutes to play with.

The 'suggestion' use was neat as well. As with Izumiko, it wasn't really clear that anything was going on for a while. It felt that way but….

Finally, great tension in the final scene. I left my now too strong tea to steep too long as I forgot about it once that scene began. One of the things I like about this show is that you (meaning me) never really know what's going to happen when the magic and the spirits are put into play. Even the characters don't know. Then there's the tension between the politics and these spiritual powers, combined with the intelligence that they are able to gather. A lot of stuff is happening, all at once and it's tough to know how things will break until they do. I'm really looking forward to next episode but with that episode, the show will also end. Sigh.
Jun 12, 2013 8:04 PM

Dec 2012
I haven't read the novels (althought I'd really love to, but it looks like there are no translated versions around...), but I think making the series longer would only make people complain more about it being too slow, and maybe they'd be right. I mean, I like when a show take its time to develop story and characters, but a weekly anime like this needs something big to happen at the end of each episode, or people won't feel hooked.

Maybe it'd work with only 1-2 additional episodes, since it seems like they're gonna skip an entire volume, but I don't think making it a 2-seasons show would.

The story ends on the 6th novel, right? I guess you should forget what I said if not. =P

Anyway, about the episode:

"Don't give me that!"
"I won't fall for that!"
*stomps ground*
I love how Izumiko responded to Takayanagi's attempts to get her back under his control.

BADASS.

Also:
"You look like a vengeful spirit." - Takayanagi to Izumiko
"The only so-called 'vengeful spirit' still about would be myself" - Himegami
Hmn...
TulicloureJun 13, 2013 12:14 PM
Jun 12, 2013 9:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ok there are definitely not enough episodes to cover all the volumes... I think it would have been better with a few more episodes at least.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 12, 2013 10:58 PM

Aug 2010
Izumiko was seriously badass cute near the end - love it.

But I love her pouting face (when Miyuki talks about the Himegami again) more.

*sigh* one more ep. Why can't RDG be 2cour? T__T
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 13, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2010
minuetto said:
Next week is the last episode and so the climax of volume 5 will be in the next episode. Now it seems obvious that they skip the whole volume 6. :(

This series should have like 18-20 episodes instead of 12.

But if they don't do Volume 6, that means they are probably going to do a movie!!!!! If not, they're idiots! (PA Works has done that recently with Hanasaku Iroha, other studios are doing it to... Moretsu Pirates, Steins;Gate, Anohana... lots of movies after the season... let's hope!)
Jun 13, 2013 8:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Hah xD Now it finally became exciting and interesting ! . Cant wait for final ep .. though il doubt il rate it over 8/10 ..
Jun 14, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2011
Holy shit things got intense there at the end. It was great to see Izumiko break outta Takayanagi's spell like that and scared the crap out of those guys. I also loved the way she lashed out and used her commanding voice and power to blast everything away. Can't wait to see what'll happen next in the final ep though it is sad to see this getting rushed a bit with how much of the story is left.

I really liked that scene where Izumiko was falling into the abyss as well. Got me to understand why she was so shy and scared to be around people before since she can't be normal if her himegami side gets discovered.
Jun 15, 2013 4:54 PM

Feb 2013
I knew I kept watching this for a reason. :) Finally getting good.
Jun 15, 2013 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
some shit gonna happen next week.... XD
Jun 17, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
Easily the best episode of this show. It's the only time I didn't feel like I was forcing myself to watch it.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 18, 2013 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
Oh Shit Izumiko got all destructive on our ass. So she doesn't need the goddess personality to use the power, she already has the power.
Well they better start running now.
Jun 18, 2013 10:15 PM

Jun 2012
She finally stands up for herself, that was kind of cool.

I like the school festival ^^

Jun 20, 2013 12:12 PM

Nov 2012
wow.. shit is just getting serious rifht now! :3

so yamanagi is like controlling izumiko? I know it! -_- he is so annoying in this episode.. -_-

in the end izumiko true power is show up.. well it is gonna be awesome! XD

looking forward for the final episode :)
Jun 24, 2013 9:44 PM
Jan 2013
I still can't tell what's going on in this show. I don't think it'll be able to get to a good ending point in just the one episode left.
This was my least favorite episode in this intriguing series.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jun 26, 2013 6:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Perhaps there will be a Season 2 in the near future. This anime has a lot of potential to be better, and I would have liked RDG to be at least 24 episodes long rather than a rushed 12 episode series.

About the episode dang Izumiko going DBZ lol

Jul 10, 2013 4:25 AM

Dec 2011
No more secrets. It's too late for that now.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 12, 2013 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, time to kick ass!

With one episode left I'm not sure how they plan to end this. I don't have high expectations for the ending. It feels like they are cutting a lot from the original source material. I might just head over there.
Jul 14, 2013 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
One of the better episodes. Izumiko was awesome when she confronted Takayanagi. Not really sure how they're going to wrap this up satisfyingly, guess I'll have to read the original stuff to see how everything ends properly.
Aug 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Dec 2010
Man, why did this get so good when it's just about to end and a continuation is very unlikely..
Aug 5, 2013 7:24 PM

May 2012
Interesting, the ending sure got intense! Well lets see what the last episode has to offer!
May 29, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
what did sagara told mayura before the explosion? did he said no or what did he said?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.