Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2013 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved some of the artwork in this episode.

The karuta match was okay, still tense. Doesn't seem like Shinobu is too impressed though. Oh and I kinda enjoyed the OST of this episode.
Stark700May 3, 2013 2:02 PM
May 3, 2013 11:01 AM
Dec 2012
Interesting but it was a bit stagnating IMO.
eminagnamMay 3, 2013 11:12 AM
May 3, 2013 1:37 PM
Feb 2011
Slow start, which was to be kinda expected against a more experienced team. A bit surprised Chihaya went behind against Rion and then injured her finger but as I more or less predicted, the reader being so good and giving Rion an advantage since it's her grandma has started to backfire already because Chihaya is just as talented when it comes to hearing.

Eagerly awaiting for Taichi to strike back next week and make their captain eat his words.
May 3, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
I watch sport animes like Im watching the Super Bowl...
Its time for the big game... THE BIG KARUTA GAME ; A ; !!!

So giggily that Queen remembers Chihaya's name

but omg MY BABY CHIHAYA IS IN PAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN T^ T </3 WAAAAH ;___; Feel better bby!

I SWEAR TO GOD... I WISH THEM SO MUCH LUCK!!!!! I WISH THEM SO MUCH LUCK FOR MIZUZAWA TO WIN T.T THEY WORKED SO HARD ; __ ;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WIN T^ T
May 3, 2013 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah the match is tense like usually and magma felt and everyone else stand up expect Chihaya.

Well at least Shinobu remember Chihaya, oh man I doubt we will see a match Arata vs Shinobu.
With this slow pace the final might not end for 2 more episodes or so lol.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Harder, Better, Faster ?

A good episode,especially after last weeks backstabbing recap
May 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
I usually hate the injured handicap thing but Chihaya might learn to use the middle finger style now that she can only depend on that...so it's a good thing hopefully.

Finally Shinobu remembered Chihaya and she so wants to play right now XD

And lol at the end. The Guys are on fire now XD C'mon guys kick ass already!!!
May 3, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2009
I loved the art they used for each of the poems. Though it seems like Misuzawa always has bad luck??

I with Harada-sensei on using an injury to your advantage. A win is a win but I'm sure Chihaya will be able to get some good experience with only using her middle finger.
The Boys need to step it up!! I'm ready for some good playing next week!!!
May 3, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2011
Now it's starting to feel sparkly rather than beautiful...

But, nice episode.

Why does some kind of issue always arise for Chihaya? She better not lose...
I hope she learns to use the new style with more proficiency now.
May 3, 2013 2:45 PM
May 2011
omg hardest match ever...I still believe chihaya could win, but the other 4 guys....it seems they wont win at all........

the only class A player is nishida...and yet he lost 2 times before against not too strong opponents...ane now the guys up against all A class player....

I cant think any of possible plot to make even 1 guy to win, but perhaps nishida could win this time, Im not sure though...really unpredictable match
May 3, 2013 2:47 PM
Oct 2012
I love how far Chihaya has come and how she learns how versatile she has to be when it comes to different players and situations. that's my girl. I just hope she/they win. Come on boys, let that magma fire you up!
May 3, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was great. I'm glad the boys got fired up at the end. Even though I already know the match's outcome, I still can't help but feel excited for next week!

Also, Chihaya, never change xD
May 3, 2013 3:02 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
The wait for next week's episode is going to be so painful :(. Love me some Chihaya!!!
May 3, 2013 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
Tense episode!!! Go Mizusawa !!!
May 3, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2012
Shinobu was super cute this week, I really hope she finally learns the value of the group tournament. Another rocky tournament road but maybe Mizusawa can nail it this time. I'm looking forward to the next ep.

May 3, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't expecting a sports injury from Chihaya seeing as Kana was already hurt : O

Some of the artwork this week was exceptional and I'm not even talking about the obvious ones like the deer shot.

Focus on Chihaya's battle this week but looking forward to seeing the other 4's battles more closely next week
May 3, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2012
MIYUZAWA FIGHTOOOOOOO !!
May 3, 2013 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
With this season being slow paced probably means there's going to be a 3rd season

Dec 2009
c0de_da1sy said:
Also, Chihaya, never change xD

That's my new favorite moment of this season. XD
Ara ara.
Dec 2010
i liked the importance of kana-chan in this ep. she is helping chihaya a lot in the last few matches. and i gotta a feeling that chihaya gonna win and impress the queen. loved the ep
May 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2010
This totally made up for last week's evil recap episode..
I spat out my water when Shinobu sneezed on that guy's sleeve. haha
Chihaya's so tough, but how will she play in the individual matches with her injury? D:

*Sigh* Another week to wait... >.<"
May 3, 2013 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Taichi, Chihaya visualised of Arata when she thought of "The desire to be together..." :(
May 3, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2010
metalman21 said:
With this season being slow paced probably means there's going to be a 3rd season

NO~..
May 3, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2012
baltazak said:
metalman21 said:

NO~..

To be fair it looks very doubtful we will even get to the individual tournament so... YES! I'd love one anyway.
May 3, 2013 4:05 PM

Apr 2010
ReasonDesu said:
baltazak said:
metalman21 said:

NO~..

To be fair it looks very doubtful we will even get to the individual tournament so... YES! I'd love one anyway.

I wouldn't mind a 3rd season. This is one of the more enjoyable series I've watched. And yeah its about time the guys man up and start pulling their own weight. (no pun intended for Nishida) :P
May 3, 2013 4:08 PM

May 2011
Always great how this show fleshes out the oponents as the match goes on. Rion being so worried about the injury as to affect her playing is one of those things that did make me feel more positively toward her. But wow, Chihaya was awesome for just going onward like that. Loved the bits of Tsukuba's match as well. xD
May 3, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
damn, damn, damn, it's way to damn good to wait a week! It's hard to wait!
May 3, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
haha the part where Chihaya couldn't remember the girls first name and gave up.

Also the Queen finally remembered Chihaya and got interested in the match.

ALSO when she sneezed and cleaned her nose with the guy's shirt lmao, just like nothing.

ALSO when they put her in front and everybody's like whaaat??

ok various different funny scenes, but also intense, mostly because Chihaya got hurt and her opponent has a good sense of game too.

can't wait for next ep.
I love this show!! :D :D
May 3, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
The enemy team is strong. Colorful reading? That's why that red hair girl was chosen when her grandma's reading, and shy girl is a fan of that reader. That Chihaya hurting her finger event is... especially when all guys standing up and feeling the heat on the stomach part and Chihaya calling her Yama-chan (lol).

lol @ Queen!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2013 7:19 PM

Nov 2007
Chihaya is . Enough said!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 3, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2010
Kuroneko1415 said:
i liked the importance of kana-chan in this ep. she is helping chihaya a lot in the last few matches. and i gotta a feeling that chihaya gonna win and impress the queen. loved the ep

I was gonna say that too..Good thing you said it already..
May 3, 2013 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
The injury and how it affects the mindset of both players is interesting.I can imagine how much it would suck to slap a jammed finger on a mat really hard over and over, and risk colliding with your opponent and making it worse.

But, I wonder how much it'll end up actually developing the middle finger technique she wants so bad. Either way, if it's badly jammed she's really gonna have to rely on that technique for the individual tourny.

Komano will surely lose this time, so I really hope next episode we'll get to see how Taichi, Nishida, and Tsukuba's matches play out. Taichi and Nishida in particular have some legitimate obstacles to overcome, so I'm expecting some tense stuff.
May 3, 2013 9:16 PM

May 2010
Acropyre said:
MIYUZAWA FIGHTOOOOOOO !!

^ :'D

Good episode imo. Can't wait for next week. I hope Chihaya wins! ; A ;

Also. Chihaya x Arata... (?) ... X3 ♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 3, 2013 10:06 PM
Feb 2011
You know, with all the people worrying about the individual tournament, that injury might change things completely in terms of what we should expect. I have no doubt Chihaya will turn her match around and use the pain to her finger into a training session for perfecting her middle finger grab but it sort of kills expectations for the individual tournament. Rion's mistake causing that injury threw her off her game but Chihaya's not going to have that luxury in the individual tournament one day later. She might have to throw the towel early on because of that.

So the individual tournament might be more about Tsutomu making class B, Taichi making Class A and Nishida... losing somewhere, can't say I expect much from him. Oh, and the Queen's match with Arata of course.
May 3, 2013 10:09 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode and so much tense...I feels like Shinobu wants to play with Chihaya right now and it make up for the last week recap.Can't wait for next episode now that they all fired up...Fight fight Mizusawa
May 3, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2009
hopefully at least chihaya wins for once. she deserves it. i love how she even got the queen's attention.
May 3, 2013 11:01 PM
Mar 2011
if you dont believe in time travel, just watch this series. i swear to god the 20min passes by like its 20 seconds
"....i am the villain in this story"
May 3, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
Yes! And Chihayafuru is back! (Last week's recap just left me disappointed...)

This episode's concept was seemingly so simple, yet it was still really engaging, and I loved seeing Chihaya continually improve her precision and focus. However, the first thing I thought when that injury came up was about how Chihaya is going to play in the individual tournament with a jammed finger. I was honestly more eager to see the individual tournament than the team matches, but it doesn't look like Chihaya is going to be able to pull of her individual matches with the same intensity we've been seeing so far in the team tournament.

I'm still loving the subtle developments with Shinobu each episode. I love the way this show has been handling this character even with a few little scenes of her integrated into episodes.
May 4, 2013 1:42 AM

Feb 2012
Nooooo! I don't want to wait another week!!

The game is getting intense!! My tummy is also feeling magma! :p The queen cracked me up when she wiped her snot on the random guy's sleeve. lol
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 4, 2013 2:10 AM

Feb 2012
Yet another amazing episode that felt like it passed in just a few minutes. I am still so surprised at just how intense this show can get, it just seems amazing how a card game about poetry can be so much more tense and exciting than even the best of action shows.

Can someone tell me if the anime is close enough to the manga to just pick it up from where this episode is in the manga, and if so, what chapter is the anime up to? Thanks.
May 4, 2013 2:44 AM

Jul 2010
Stagnant episode... some internal resolves here and there, but not much progress in the game itself.

It had its moments though. Yama-chan LOL

P.S. I just realized that Chihaya might NOT play in the individual matches due to her injury. So I hope they win this tournament, Arata vs Shinobu, and Mashima winning B class. That is all
BigbuffoonMay 4, 2013 2:49 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
May 4, 2013 3:35 AM

Jan 2012
Aww, Chihaya got hurt. I hope she will last till the end of the match. Also the guys are all fired up, so I hope to see some badass action next time.

May 4, 2013 7:43 AM

Jul 2012
Ncrdrg said:
You know, with all the people worrying about the individual tournament, that injury might change things completely in terms of what we should expect. I have no doubt Chihaya will turn her match around and use the pain to her finger into a training session for perfecting her middle finger grab but it sort of kills expectations for the individual tournament. Rion's mistake causing that injury threw her off her game but Chihaya's not going to have that luxury in the individual tournament one day later. She might have to throw the towel early on because of that.

So the individual tournament might be more about Tsutomu making class B, Taichi making Class A and Nishida... losing somewhere, can't say I expect much from him. Oh, and the Queen's match with Arata of course.

I sense wisdom in your words, great oracle. ;)

By the way, did anyone else had to laugh as hard as me because of this hilariously cheesy fire-up-magma-in-my-stomach-scene at the end? xD
May 4, 2013 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
If there's one thing I don't like about this show, it's that in every single tournament, Mizusawa always has trouble getting into the flow of the game and then in the last few minutes, they start to go badass. Especially Chihaya. She always starts out slow and weak but ends really strong.

Anyway, nice episode. 4/5

By the way, did anyone else had to laugh as hard as me because of this hilariously cheesy fire-up-magma-in-my-stomach-scene at the end? xD

ME! LOL that was so cheesy.
May 4, 2013 2:33 PM
Jan 2011
Too Slow.
May 4, 2013 3:45 PM
Jan 2011
I kind of wish each match has less internal monologue and focus more on the actual progression of the match and so the games won't take 2 or 3 episode to finish. Feels like the episode is just dragging, and could actually flush out the content in less time. This way we could move ahead of the story faster and see more character growth and more story.

Overall my impression of this episode is pretty disappointed with the pacing, but impressed by the artwork. The ending song is still beautiful as ever, and i hope next episode Chihaya can unleash herself >.< Maybe a Shinobu and Chihaya confrontation? :3 Something cute, like noticing teddy bear T-shirt again xD
May 4, 2013 3:47 PM
Jan 2012
Chihaya is sure learning to play in many ways. Hope she wins this one! and the rest of the team too lol they are already fired up!
May 4, 2013 4:06 PM

Apr 2013
boy that went by so fast... I was drinking yogurt while watching and I didn't even get to finish it before the episode ended

Ncrdrg said:

So the individual tournament might be more about Tsutomu making class B, Taichi making Class A and Nishida... losing somewhere, can't say I expect much from him.

Taichi's still in class B...

same, I also picture Nishida losing somwhere...
Chihaya losing somewhere too...
but in the end - gain something bigger that will help them better at Karuta

and oh yeah! ARATA vs. SHINOBU can't wait for that... though it's obvious who'll win XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 4, 2013 5:35 PM
Feb 2011
HidoiSan said:
boy that went by so fast... I was drinking yogurt while watching and I didn't even get to finish it before the episode ended

Ncrdrg said:

So the individual tournament might be more about Tsutomu making class B, Taichi making Class A and Nishida... losing somewhere, can't say I expect much from him.

Taichi's still in class B...

That's the point, to make it to Class A, he has to win a Class B tournament.
May 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2011
HidoiSan said:
and oh yeah! ARATA vs. SHINOBU can't wait for that... though it's obvious who'll win XD

Shinobu-chan? Since Arata stopped playing Karuta for a few years.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.