Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 26, 2008 11:28 PM

Aug 2007
Charliehsv said:
Ipod touch

this, but it was originally one man's trash. Dx
Dec 26, 2008 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Bakayaro said:

windy said:
W_K said:
Axe deodorant gift set
THROW IT OUT! D:
I personally vote blow it up, but whatever works.

I like the blow it up idea. But I went with emptying the entire can of spray on my little brother forgot that I actually have to smell the stuff after I was done :(.
Dec 26, 2008 11:39 PM

Mar 2008
Maora said:
Charliehsv said:
Ipod touch

Your dad found it while working at the dump right?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 27, 2008 12:01 AM

Nov 2006
W_K said:
Bakayaro said:

windy said:
W_K said:
Axe deodorant gift set
THROW IT OUT! D:
I personally vote blow it up, but whatever works.

I like the blow it up idea. But I went with emptying the entire can of spray on my little brother forgot that I actually have to smell the stuff after I was done :(.
Hahahaha your poor little brother! I hope he can get it out of his clothes!
Dec 27, 2008 12:36 AM

Sep 2008
Baby_Naruto said:
Maora said:
Charliehsv said:
Ipod touch

Could of just been bought secondhand...
Dec 27, 2008 3:08 AM

Dec 2008
Money, clothes, and a digital camera!
:)

Rpgwiz said:
Baby_Naruto said:
Maora said:
Charliehsv said:
Ipod touch

Could of just been bought secondhand...

But that's not as interesting.
Dec 27, 2008 3:30 AM
Dec 2007
Oh Oh, I got a PS3, an Xbox 360, an Iphone , 5 games for each system and a big fat HDTV.....NOT !

So, from what I see here, thankfully I was not alone in the pain of NO GIFTS. Or rather, I got gifts, but the kind of gifts no one is looking for, clothes. To be especific, it seems that since I have hit the special age of 22, I'm no longer entitled to fancy gifts, and all I need are shirts and pants to wow the ladies.

Money...as a gift? By the amount of clothes I got I got the hint they wanted me to get of my butt and look for a job, hence why they wanted me to not look like a bum anymore.

Well, I got candy canes, and a gingerbread cookie from my friends (Yeah, as a bday present...after I got them each a CD and expensive clothes :-/ ).

Well, now it's time for me to go "buy" my gifts instead of waiting to "receive" them.

Dec 27, 2008 3:33 AM

Dec 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Oh Oh, I got a PS3, an Xbox 360, an Iphone , 5 games for each system and a big fat HDTV.....NOT !

So, from what I see here, thankfully I was not alone in the pain of NO GIFTS. Or rather, I got gifts, but the kind of gifts no one is looking for, clothes. To be especific, it seems that since I have hit the special age of 22, I'm no longer entitled to fancy gifts, and all I need are shirts and pants to wow the ladies.

Money...as a gift? By the amount of clothes I got I got the hint they wanted me to get of my butt and look for a job, hence why they wanted me to not look like a bum anymore.

Well, I got candy canes, and a gingerbread cookie from my friends (Yeah, as a bday present...after I got them each a CD and expensive clothes :-/ ).

Well, now it's time for me to go "buy" my gifts instead of waiting to "receive" them.

*pats*

Slightly bitter there.
But you'll probably get better presents next year... a whole year away...
Hmm...
Dec 27, 2008 3:45 AM

Nov 2008
I got the Schoold Rumble DVD collection <3
a few Mangas and had a good time with my friends.
I am not a big christmas fan but nevertheless it was a great!

Dec 27, 2008 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
Tao-san said:

How can you not be a big fan of christmas?
Unless you don't celebrate it of course.
Dec 27, 2008 3:47 AM
Dec 2007
Oh, don't worry, I will feel all better when I get my hands on an HDTV. That's the plan anyway. Last Year I bought a Wii and a PS3 around the same time of the year (because of the same reasons).

Dec 27, 2008 3:48 AM

Dec 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Oh, don't worry, I will feel all better when I get my hands on an HDTV. That's the plan anyway. Last Year I bought a Wii and a PS3 around the same time of the year (because of the same reasons).

That's cool then.
I love my PS3... well it's not mine. The HDTV is my Dad's and the PS3 is my brother's but in my world it's mine.
Dec 27, 2008 4:04 AM

Jul 2006
Love.. Sweet sweet love.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2008 4:05 AM

Nov 2008
some money . .
Dec 27, 2008 4:17 AM

Dec 2008
virgo_sama said:
some money . .

Loads of people are getting money this christmas...
People are getting lazy.
Dec 27, 2008 4:33 AM

Mar 2008
My Christmas presents are: Zack & Wiki, Animal Crossing: City Folk, Dragon Quest IV and Metroid Prime Pinball.
Dec 27, 2008 4:37 AM

Nov 2008
SpunkRansom said:
Tao-san said:

How can you not be a big fan of christmas?
Unless you don't celebrate it of course.

hmmm
I hate people which pretend they are in a good mood.
It makes me sick.
Dec 27, 2008 4:41 AM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:

If the clothes is something you can wear then it's not so bad. I hate it whenever i have to go out and spent my money that i worked so hard for on new clothes. And believe me they are not that cheap. Am like thinking, why are my old clothes getting destroyed by time and now i have to spend more money on clothes? Am not a woman to like going out for shopping and having many different clothes to were. Maybe when you will have to work for your money and they stop giving you even clothes then you will understand.

SpunkRansom said:
virgo_sama said:
some money . .

People are getting lazy.

Yes they are. But nobody can complain about money.
Dec 27, 2008 4:47 AM
Dec 2007
NOTHING
Dec 27, 2008 4:59 AM

Dec 2007
Leon-Gun said:

When people reach a certain age it's not right to give them presents anymore. I'm at that state too. I ask for Action Figures indirectly, or posters of hot guys, and I get shoes. Awesome shoes, that probably will bring me hot guys anyway.

SO CHILDREN! Enjoy while you actually get stuff you want. Soon enough you'll just receive a picture frame, from your parents. And maybe some socks.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Dec 27, 2008 7:07 AM

Apr 2007
Here's what I got for Christmas:

A pair of winter boots
Kirby Super Star Ultra for the DS
Another makeup kit this year......
An exercise ball
A book of how to learn Japanese w/DVD included

And of course....L-O-V-E from my family.

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Dec 27, 2008 9:07 AM

Feb 2008
Zoki-chan said:
Pokemon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew DVD
Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys DVD
Soccer Ball
PJs
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D Starter Pack
Bakugan Pyrus Dragonoid 470Gs
Bakugan Poster Signed by the Creator of Bakugan

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility Wii Game
Headphones for my iPod

Can you guess what I loved the most?

OH !! Your Bakugan Poster. <33 xDD That's all chu talk about on the phone ^^

What I got:
1- $20 Gift card for Wal-Mart
2- Sweater Vest (Pink/Brown criss-cross pattern) With fur on hood.
3- Horse Tracer
4- Eyeshadow ( VERY NICE )
5-Macara
6-$2
7- Hair Bands
8- Shower Gel
9- Orange
10- Voice mixer thing
11- Good purple earphones
12- Schick Silk Effects Plus Razor
13- Fuzzy Purple Cloves
14- m&m's
15- Mp3 Player
16- Horse Calendar
17- Bracelets with 1 music download ^^
18- EyelinerSweet Seduction lip gloss
19- Guitar Hero III
20- Wii
21- Pink Watch
22- Spyro Wii Game
Dec 27, 2008 11:21 AM
Dec 2007
Monad said:

If the clothes is something you can wear then it's not so bad. I hate it whenever i have to go out and spent my money that i worked so hard for on new clothes. And believe me they are not that cheap. Am like thinking, why are my old clothes getting destroyed by time and now i have to spend more money on clothes? Am not a woman to like going out for shopping and having many different clothes to were. Maybe when you will have to work for your money and they stop giving you even clothes then you will understand.
Regardless of my bitterness, I am quite content with the clothes. I have no sense of style, so I'm actually glad they spent the trouble of choosing for me. Still, it's kinda weird everyone decided it was a "shirt" christmas or something.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes them to stop giving me anything but socks. xD Maybe when I finish College.

Dec 27, 2008 2:17 PM

Oct 2008
I had a rather unpleasant time. (laugh)
Dec 27, 2008 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Monad said:
Leon-Gun said:

SpunkRansom said:
virgo_sama said:
some money . .

People are getting lazy.

Yes they are. But nobody can complain about money.

Yeah it's better than gift vouchers I guess but still.
Presents.
It's so much more special.
I mean it's christmas. It should be presents not vouchers or money.
Dec 27, 2008 2:30 PM

Dec 2008
Shiki-san said:
NOTHING

*Hugs*

Oh how sad.
Dec 27, 2008 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
hmm let's see if i can translate them in english XD

- cooking book
- candles
- bathsoap
- frying pan
- sheets
- a shirt
- towel
- desk lamp
- nail kit
That Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie And With Strange Eons Even Death May Die
Dec 27, 2008 4:41 PM
May 2008
I got volumes 3-6 of the XXXholic manga, volume 5 of the Mahoromatic manga, and volumes 1-5 of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni on DVD. :3
Dec 27, 2008 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
today I got a Christmas card from my grandma with a $25 gift card to Target.

Dec 27, 2008 7:59 PM

Apr 2008
I got cash which then I wasted on a promise ring for my gf, FAIL!
Dec 27, 2008 9:34 PM
Dec 2007
Lachy said:
Actually, if I were her, I'd be pretty pissed at the fact you used other people's money to get it.

Dec 27, 2008 9:38 PM

Apr 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Lachy said:
Actually, if I were her, I'd be pretty pissed at the fact you used other people's money to get it.

Well I had to put up more than half of the money from my own pocket on top of what I got as a gift :)
Dec 27, 2008 10:06 PM

Aug 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Lachy said:

Its a gift. It shouldn't matter how somebody acquires the money to get it.
Dec 27, 2008 10:23 PM

Sep 2008
Nvidia GeForce 6200 (I only wanted it to run Aero, I don't game)
2GB DDR RAM (Old Computer is old~)
Some other nonsense.

Meh, I didn't really want much.
Dec 27, 2008 11:03 PM
Dec 2007
Some clothes, Guitar Hero World Tour, FMA volumes 8, 9, and 12, Mushishi voume 2 (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, are still being shipped >_<), A new video camera, "Christine" by Stephen King, Super Paper Mario, and some money and gift cards.
Dec 27, 2008 11:34 PM

Dec 2007
A hoodie and some deodorant.

Yeah, I'm at that age where you don't normally expect to receive much, so I was pleased.
Dec 28, 2008 1:01 AM

Jul 2008
Am I the only one who is thrilled when they get clothes? My sense of style... well... sucks and when it comes to looking good, I trust what someone else picks out more than I trust what I, myself, pick out.

I love getting clothes.
Dec 28, 2008 1:55 AM

Jun 2008
A freaking muscle ache, Sayonara Zetsubou series and a kiss from my sister.
Dec 28, 2008 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Nothing yet. But my mom owes me an iPod, a good one! Getting a crapload of clothes as well (never trust others to buy something for you, you'll either look like a hippie or a degenerate rap artist xD)
Dec 28, 2008 10:00 AM

Apr 2008
the Black Knight DVD, Brisingr Book and money. Oh well... and I could sleep the entire day so I'm very happy
Dec 28, 2008 4:21 PM

Nov 2008
7+ Books
MP3 player
Guitar Hero
Clothes
Cash
Dec 28, 2008 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Did anyone say lump of charcoal yet? Hmm, no confessors.
Dec 28, 2008 5:36 PM

Dec 2008
3 Louis de Funes movies (DVD)
Futurama season 1 (DVD)
Borat (DVD)
Seinfeld season 7 (DVD)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (PS2)
Dec 28, 2008 5:43 PM

Dec 2007
I got 2 sweaters. They weren't exactly given as gifts, but I didn't want to go shopping that day so my dad got them for me. *shrugs* Not that I'm complaining, they're very nice sweaters. :)
Dec 28, 2008 5:53 PM

Jan 2008
PS3 (yay!)
Persona
Code Geass Part 2 Limited Edition
When They Cry volume 2
Manga
Dec 28, 2008 6:22 PM

Apr 2007
Momo-Hime said:
I still have one more family gathering on Sunday, but they always give me things that were sitting in their attic so I'm not really expecting anything.

Well it looks like I was wrong. Instead I got:

perfume (which I am allergic to)
make-up kit (I will never use it)
a purse (same as above)
a music box
angel candle holder
huge traveling bag (awesome)
soap
$25 Best Buy gift card (hell yeah!)

My family knows I would never use the top three things, but they buy 'em anyway. Luckily I know people who would enjoy them more.
Dec 28, 2008 8:09 PM

Nov 2008
sseth672 said:
Did anyone say lump of charcoal yet? Hmm, no confessors.

My parents actually gave me and my brother coal as a joke one year.
They waited an hour after we stopped crying to give us our presents.
Dec 28, 2008 8:26 PM

Dec 2008
Lol I have a big family so I'll try to list what a got...
A new sling bag lol, some T-shirts, 2 new pairs of jeans, 2 sweaters, foot weights lol, a skull candy headphone (even though I already have one..), a total sum of $500 from various relatives, and a scholarship...(LOL didn't know whether I should count this in or not, but my university sent me a scholarship for distinction and it happened to arrive on the morning of the 24th aha!).
Dec 28, 2008 8:50 PM
May 2008
Well I got a lot of things from Christmas/my Birthday (the day after Christmas).

Here's what I got (all from memory).

Video Games
Eternal Sonata - PS3
Call of Duty: World at War - PS3
Animal Crossings - Wii

DVD's
Anime

DBZ - Season 1 Box Set
Red Garden - Box Set 2
Azumanga Diaoh - Box Set
Case Closed - Season 2 Box Set, Season 3 Box Set
Le Chevalier D'Eon - Complete Collection Box Set
Gurren Lagann - Set 01

Movies
Planet of The Apes - Box Set (all the original movies)
Ben Hur
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
The Mummy 3

Random Stuff
Also I got lots of clothes and two belts, lots of little things, a thing that lets my ipod work in the car, a Coldplay CD, lot's of money, and 3 gift cards to Best Buy.

Dec 28, 2008 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
psp slim, pandoras battery and mms ($30)
:D
lol
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.