Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2013 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat smile:

>Bitchslap
Heh, seems like Takao made some progress or what not with Nanako.
Apr 26, 2013 1:09 PM

Apr 2012
God damn, that new OP is great. Can someone confirmed if it's Mariko from ミドリ on the vocals? I swear it is.
Apr 26, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
Hehe that smile when Nakamura sees them together, it burned a hole in my soul.

I was expecting the story to go into a bit of a lull after the library scene last episode. However I was pleasantly surprised by this weeks revelations. I think it's rather predictable as to what will happen next, but I am waiting to be proved wrong next episode.

Also haters will hate but I thought Nakamura was especially hot this episode... Would bang. 5/5

ReasonDesuApr 26, 2013 2:17 PM
Apr 26, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2011
It seems that Kasuga's father doesn't really care about his problems, since they're all "puberty" to him.

Saeki had a pretty face in this episode, by the way
Apr 26, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Dat smile:

dat smile

Kasuga is really helpless against Nakamura's manipulation game
Apr 26, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
My initial reaction to this series was i HATED the anime. When i saw the PV for the anime months back and they only showed scenery shots and nothing more i was curious, so i went and read the manga. I said to myself "I'm only gonna read chapter 1 so get a sense of the story and leave the rest of the surprises to the anime" but i ended up finishing all the chapters in 3 days. It was that addicting. Than the anime came out and i was all "WTF have they done to my new favorite manga?!!??!"
The animation was ugly as hell,they only covered 19 FLIPPING PAGES FROM CHAPTER 1. and the music was weird. It was to terrible to be true, i was trolled, out of all the anime they could have done this to, it had to be done to a series i like.

That was my initial reaction. With episode 2 the pacing had gotten MUCH better cause stuff actually happened, and i've warmed up to the animation. The longer i watch this, the harder i find it would be to take this anime as seriously as it's supposed to with normal animation that looks like the manga. When reading the manga, it felt more like an super addicting black comedy to me. It was funny, but a dark, sick kind of funny. With the anime i get more of a psychological, unsettling, dramatic kind of feel. If you view the manga and anime as two different types of mediums like i've warmed up to the idea of doing, you see them both as there own brilliant forms of work. With each passing episode i find myself enjoying the anime more and more. When push comes to shove, it was the addicting story of the manga that i feel in love with and kept me coming back for more, not the art. While the art is alittle off putting in the anime, it's still the same story, the same characters, the same Aku No Hana from a different point of view, and now i love the anime. The Flowers Of Evil will continue to bloom from here on out :)
Apr 26, 2013 2:19 PM

Feb 2013
ReasonDesu said:

I was expecting the story to go into a bit of a lull after the library scene last episode. However I was pleasantly surprised by this weeks revelations. I think it's rather predictable as to what will happen next, but I am waiting to be proved wrong next episode.

Also haters will hate but I thought Nakamura was especially hot this episode... Would bang. 5/5

have you read the manga?

im curious to anyone who hasnt read it thinks what will happen next
Apr 26, 2013 2:22 PM
Mar 2011
episodes just keep getting better

nakamura is getting creepier and creepier

black and white at the end (nakamura and saeki's clothes)

love it!
"....i am the villain in this story"
Apr 26, 2013 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
P-Bunyan said:
ReasonDesu said:

have you read the manga?

im curious to anyone who hasnt read it thinks what will happen next

Nope I haven't and please don't spoiler me... welp. But I will say what I think will happen.

Apr 26, 2013 2:28 PM

May 2010
I think they're doing the adaption almost perfectly so far, though I am a bit worried about the pacing and how much of the manga they'll fit into 13 episodes. This story is even more screwed up than School Days, yet it's actually done well, and that's one reason I love it. The creepy music they added at Nakamura parts was perfect, and really adds something to Aku no Hana that the manga couldn't do. Can't wait for the rest.
Apr 26, 2013 2:28 PM
Mar 2012
What's up with the new OP song? SO cool, it just keeps adding to the OST's greatness! Is it Saeki's song? Since the first OP was "Aku no Hana: Kasuga Takao", it makes me wonder. Very nice and strong vocals. I'm glad the last bit was kept. (So the OP wil gradually change?)

About the episode, I only have two words to describe it; SO AWESOME! This anime keeps getting better 'n better! The tension, the music... even the art is getting slightlyyyy better (or I'm just growing accustomed to it.)

My only preoccupation is that we have only reached chapter 7 so far.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler. See the first post: do not discuss the manga beyond this episode.
LunaApr 27, 2013 5:41 AM
Apr 26, 2013 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
Shit, I was scared a little when Nakamura's shadow was shown behind Kasuga and Saeki. Then this happened:

I swear that freaking ED is creeping more into me every episode >_<

To think that I actually synthesized with Nakamura a bit last ep...ugh.. There are only two ways to deal with her now: kick her ass, or run away; and Kasuga cannot do either. This guy is too frail while Nakamura is like a bull dog lol. We all see that her slap sent him spin drop to the ground xD
ThangLongApr 26, 2013 2:50 PM
Apr 26, 2013 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
ReasonDesu said:

Nope I haven't and please don't spoiler me... welp. But I will say what I think will happen.

That might very well happen. But that would mean the end of Saeki-Kasuga's relationship. I think Nakamura would allow Kasuga's happiness to stay a little longer, so she can toy with him even more *shudder*

Apr 26, 2013 3:02 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
Dat smile:

Dat nice ugly smile.
Apr 26, 2013 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
Yay it's finally getting to the part where sh*t happens :D lol
Really it's pathetic how much of a weakling Kasuga is...

The new opening makes me think Nakamura is actually the one that is singing with those translated lyrics ._.

Apr 26, 2013 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, this is getting good.
Apr 26, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
I'm enjoying this show so much! Probably my favourite of the season. But damn Kasuga is a little bitch, I just wanna slap him. Nakamura is creepy as fuck. The music throughout the episode was so unsettling.
Apr 26, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2012
Love the new version of the OP, the music direction in this show is actually quite marvellous.

Nakamura's scream, man that was great to see and hear in anime form. Getting more used to the art, still don't like how they don't add in facial features from afar. I wanted to see Takao's stupid grin lol.
Apr 26, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
I really learned how to enjoy this series, it's an adaptation of my favorite manga anyway!
If the anime finishs at chapter 33, i think it'll be perfect.
Apr 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Feb 2012
Another great episode, this show is just too strong.

I can't believe she made him wear that, and he even got slapped lmao.

Glad to see he's getting good with Saeki, but dat Nakamura damn.

Also wtf was with that mangaka's note at the end "Thanks for watching, I'm a dumbass" - Oshimi, Shuuzou, lmao.
Apr 26, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2008
I don't mind the animation too much, but the actors are awful.

Still enjoyed the episode though, really liking the anime and love the manga.
Apr 26, 2013 4:52 PM

Nov 2012
im really liking it so far.
i dont mind the animation..im watching on how story goes.
Apr 26, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2009
ReasonDesu said:

I think she looks great in non-uniform clothes. especially in that black dress. I'd totally go lesbian for her.
Apr 26, 2013 5:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That OP was...interesting? And here I was thinking that the first OP was weird. That scene with Saeki preventing Takao from falling down the stairs was kind of cute. And wow, the anime makes Nakamura seem even more insane than in the manga, which is good. Her screaming made me scared for Takao.
Apr 26, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2008
millhiore15 said:
im really liking it so far.
i dont mind the animation..im watching on how story goes.

Absolutely me too.

Apr 26, 2013 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, they should adapt it til Cap.33... but with the current pacing, I don't know how they'll do that.
Very good episode.
Apr 26, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2010
these eye shots are really something...

this last one especially.. you know shit was gonna hit the fan when he talked about her being jealous.

Apr 26, 2013 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
Why is he still keeping those clothes? Burn them, trash them, cut them to ribbons and throw them away! Get rid of the evidence man!

Now I started to see how this class and Kasuga are the worse, no wonder Nakamura acts the way she does, and without knowing it Saeki is putting salt into the wound.

For someone who reads a lot Kasuga is not very bright is he? And Nakamura is deliciously evil though.

I think the art goes nicely with the story, the art in the manga is kinda to cute for the story.
Apr 26, 2013 6:52 PM
Mar 2013
i'm onboard til the end, sharing the sentiments that the artwork is morphing for the 3 important characters into something that might possibly please the eyes, that, or the art style is subjecting the viewer to stockholm syndrome, or the newer episodes have the kinks worked out of the production line.

my experience with aku no hana was a weird one, i was a fan of Yuutai Nova which the author had done, found out he was serialized again, checked into the early chapters, and checked myself out of aku no hana the manga at around what is episode 3's content never had i had such a repulsion to a reading a manga before.

1st episode and the rotoscoping made me read all the manga that is currently readable.

shame they had to dress the show with such a polarizing art style, it excludes those who would have given probably the best reactions to the shenanigans that the later story will dish out.
Apr 26, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2009
This show is so damn tense! Despite all of the life or death situations many anime offer up on a regular basis almost none of them have me on the edge of my seat like Nakamura does.
Apr 26, 2013 7:10 PM

Jul 2010
Every episode I'm in awe just staring at the beautiful artwork, sometimes I don't even bother to read the subs first time round! Yeah but really, this show is great so far. I really wish people would give it more of a chance. Nakamura is strangely cute when she is uh, excited?
Apr 26, 2013 7:36 PM
Jun 2009
Yuyunarutoballz said:
My initial reaction to this series was i HATED the anime. When i saw the PV for the anime months back and they only showed scenery shots and nothing more i was curious, so i went and read the manga. I said to myself "I'm only gonna read chapter 1 so get a sense of the story and leave the rest of the surprises to the anime" but i ended up finishing all the chapters in 3 days. It was that addicting. Than the anime came out and i was all "WTF have they done to my new favorite manga?!!??!"
The animation was ugly as hell,they only covered 19 FLIPPING PAGES FROM CHAPTER 1. and the music was weird. It was to terrible to be true, i was trolled, out of all the anime they could have done this to, it had to be done to a series i like.

That was my initial reaction. With episode 2 the pacing had gotten MUCH better cause stuff actually happened, and i've warmed up to the animation. The longer i watch this, the harder i find it would be to take this anime as seriously as it's supposed to with normal animation that looks like the manga. When reading the manga, it felt more like an super addicting black comedy to me. It was funny, but a dark, sick kind of funny. With the anime i get more of a psychological, unsettling, dramatic kind of feel. If you view the manga and anime as two different types of mediums like i've warmed up to the idea of doing, you see them both as there own brilliant forms of work. With each passing episode i find myself enjoying the anime more and more. When push comes to shove, it was the addicting story of the manga that i feel in love with and kept me coming back for more, not the art. While the art is alittle off putting in the anime, it's still the same story, the same characters, the same Aku No Hana from a different point of view, and now i love the anime. The Flowers Of Evil will continue to bloom from here on out :)

I still have not read the Manga yet, but the story and the tempo is making me accept the anime as it is..
Apr 26, 2013 7:50 PM
Mar 2013
new op is nice, definitely less jarring then the first one was, the ED still gives me a chill when it starts up at the end even at episode 4
Apr 26, 2013 7:53 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode, Nakamura can tear my walls down anyday. Seriously though, I can't see how people could still question the animation. This is literally where I had stopped reading the manga, and the anime adds so much more atmosphere and realism to the story with its animation style. The eyes alone make it worth it.
Apr 26, 2013 8:02 PM

Jun 2007
Watching Kasuga get psychologically dominated by Nakamura is very...emasculating, to say the least.

I'm wondering what exactly Nakamura means by "tearing down the walls." If she just wanted to see Kasuga despair in anguish by revealing in front of Saeki that he stole her gym clothes, it could be easily done and would fulfill her wish for Kasuga's "true perverted self" to be exposed. Though, I suppose she is more interested in the journey of Kasuga's moral corruption rather than the result. I don't blame her; Kasuga is a pushover.

The first thing that comes to mind is lust. After all, most of the depravity thus far has been driven by a form of lust (stealing the gym clothes, Nakamura finding pleasure in having Kasuga secretly wear Saeki's clothes during the date, etc.). Outside of lust, it could be the general desire to just expose what's "hidden underneath" and to reveal the "truth." That would certainly explain her frustration against society; the idea that everyone is perverse and indulges in carnal pleasures is perhaps what Nakamura wants expose and prove to the world. Kasuga, or more so his blackmailing, is outlet in which she herself embraces the "deviance" she keeps referring to, though it seems that she has always accepted it from the start.
Kjeldoran109Apr 26, 2013 9:36 PM
Apr 26, 2013 8:05 PM

Jun 2012
I swear... Every episode of this show has a genius ending so far, and the music keys in at the perfect time.
Apr 26, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
might be a stretch to some people, but the pacing reminds me of the atmosphere setting pacing of samurai jack and i really enjoy that. it gives you time to think about what happened and for it to sink in.
Apr 26, 2013 8:36 PM

Mar 2013
Man, I honestly believe it to be the best shit I Watched this year, It's so dark, and deep, and amazing, and fucking awesome, Nakamura is my Waifu!!!!!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 26, 2013 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
HOLY FUCK at the tension, man. I can't sit still while watching this. The art actually matches the mood pretty well; I don't think it would be quite the same with moe looking characters. Glad I stuck for the ride.
Apr 26, 2013 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
few anime can leave my stomach in knots like this show can
Apr 26, 2013 10:28 PM

Aug 2012
That scream Nakamura pulled in the toilet cubicle sounded like she had an orgasm.
Just saying.
Apr 27, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2010
I like the new OP, reminds me of Bjork.
I play, the haters lose.
Apr 27, 2013 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
This guy got slapped by a woman and flopped to the ground crying. LOL
This show would be more tense if I could be made to believe in the actions of the MC. So far it's like he's taking all the worst possible actions on purpose. I have to assume he's either a masochist, or the dumbest kid ever.

I'm disappointed. This show had potential to be good.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 27, 2013 1:04 AM

May 2012
AWESOME 12/10.

Wow that atmosphere when Nakamura pays him a night visit :)

Second OP kicks major ass!

Finally we get to know Saeki more, not mention hear more than a few words from her, voiced by none other that Yoko Hikasa (K-ON´s Mion-chan), I actually like her voice a lot, a loved her tone and texture for Saeki.

Now what kind of DEVIANTS think Saeki is not beautiful? WOW, just look at her, you blind obstinate people. Not only that but all the moe-ness from Saeki :) As expected of the 4th most moe girl this season.!!! :) :)

But NAKUMURA IS SUPER HOT I prefer her.

Ive become bewitched by that ED, I like more and more each episode.

On a side note, "haters" fucking where??? Guess too many are crying in a lonely corner due to Kyoani´s new swimming anime :)

BEST ANIME THIS YEAR SO FAR As much as I am loving Shingeki no Kyoujin, Aku no Hana is number 1.
9988Apr 27, 2013 1:17 AM
Apr 27, 2013 1:25 AM

Jun 2011
ReasonDesu said:

lol don't say that man, she isn't hot at all in the anime
u should try reading the manga

Im getting used to the animation, n the pace is gettin better. i wonder where will the anime stop.
LunaApr 27, 2013 5:45 AM
Apr 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Jun 2012
This show is getting better and better
ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
Apr 27, 2013 1:51 AM

May 2008
Nakamura is creepy as heck, i feel so bad for Kasuga =/

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 27, 2013 2:04 AM

Jun 2012
Favourite episode of the show so far.
Apr 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Dec 2012
Well many of the supposed dramatic and suspenseful scenes are still sending me into a fit of giggles, but I've gone from simply laughing at Aku no Hana to actually enjoying it a bit now. Really interested to see how Kasuga will be able to hold out on his trip to the bookstore.
Apr 27, 2013 5:04 AM

Feb 2011
NO DERP FACES THIS WEEK ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And no half-man half-women anymore .
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

131 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.