Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They're fallinggggg. Silly.

Mm, some of the girls looks cute in their maid outfits I guess. Well actually now that I think about it, the episode kinda made me hungry. That beetle thing they fought was weird though.

Apr 20, 2013 11:24 AM

May 2012
Loved it~
it feels like you're watching an RPG play out!
I really hope this gets made into a console game (or on the Vita would be fine too) at some point. I know it's just going to be a phone game for now, but that's too limiting on how much fun this could be~
Apr 20, 2013 12:05 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not sure whether to say this was "Awesome in a silly sort of way" or "Silly in an awesome sort of way".

They all made a new friend. But, it seems Leviathan may have made more than a friend ;)
Apr 20, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
Cratex said:
Not sure whether to say this was "Awesome in a silly sort of way" or "Silly in an awesome sort of way".

They all made a new friend. But, it seems Leviathan may have made more than a friend ;)

Poor dragon though, Levi's probably already got her eyes set on a certain fiery-tempered individual ;)
Apr 20, 2013 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
I was half expecting a battle for this episode with the dragon, but this turned out much better than i thought it would be. I hope they keep up this pace for the series, i love the light hearted attitude of this anime :3
Apr 20, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2012
bwahahaha! totally didn't expect that xD simply hilarious! an epic looking dragon do all sort of funny stuffs for a few girls in its stomach xD
Apr 20, 2013 1:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Cratex said:

I'd vote for "Silly in an awesome sort of way"
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 20, 2013 1:14 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was hilarious. Yes, I like innocent humor. Anyways So the Dragon turned out to be good, and shy lol. Blushing when telling the girls to put on clothes. And I'm guessing it started liking Leviatan.

And awww, I feel bad for that other girl, the one who owns the bar, the place got destroyed again.
Apr 20, 2013 1:24 PM

Apr 2010
Another somehow funny episode to watch and the inn was destroyed ones again.
The scales have definitely something to do with them being nude seeing as how ashamed they all reacted towards it.
This episode was ironic Yurlungur is a mythical snake in Aboriginal mythology who had eaten two sisters which he had to trow up out again.
Basically the same happened in this episode.

Speaking of mythology the names of the girls are also from mythology.
Leviathan is a sea monster described by both the Jews and the Christians in the old testament.
Jormungandr was one of the three children of Loki in Norse mythology together with Fenrir and Hel he was thrown into the ocean around Midgard and is big enough to encircle the Earth.
Bahamut is a huge fish that supports the Earth in Arabian mythology.
The things the have in common is that the are all sea creatures and all three of them most likely had scales.
Apr 20, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012
Aversa said:
Another somehow funny episode to watch and the inn was destroyed ones again.
The scales have definitely something to do with them being nude seeing as how ashamed they all reacted towards it.
This episode was ironic Yurlungur is a mythical snake in Aboriginal mythology who had eaten two sisters which he had to trow up out again.

Speaking of mythology the names of the girls are also from mythology.
Leviathan is a sea monster described by both the Jews and the Christians in the old testament.
Jormungandr was one of the three children of Loki in Norse mythology together with Fenrir and Hel he was thrown into the ocean around Midgard and is big enough to encircle the Earth.
Bahamut is a huge fish that supports the Earth in Arabian mythology.
The things the have in common is that the are all sea creatures and all three of them most likely had scales.

I knew about Leviathan, but the info behind Jormungandr and Bahamut was pretty new to me. Since Bahamut's usually a flying dragon in stuff.
Thanks for the interesting lesson, and it finally explains why they are what they are fully ~
Apr 20, 2013 2:39 PM
Feb 2013
winter_mint said:
an epic looking dragon do all sort of funny stuffs for a few girls in its stomach xD

Soshintsu said:
That dragon sure has good taste in girls

The double meaning in these phrases amuses me.

As for the names of the girls, I think the mythological references are more generic than all that. Jormungandr is meant to be a dragon associated with earth, Bahamut is meant to be a dragon associated with fire, and Leviathan is meant to be a dragon associated with water. Given the rather light nature of this series, I don't think they intend for anyone to read any deeper into it than that.

I wouldn't call that "ironic." A name like that isn't something you give a character by accident. They clearly set up the situation to have him parallel the myth. It is interesting, though. Someone there is doing a bit of research.
Apr 20, 2013 4:21 PM
Mar 2013
Great Episode, was funny to see Yurlungur going out of his way to get the Girls some Food so they wouldn't eat his Giblets XD. and yes the Bar was Destroyed AGAIN poor Bar owned..... was also pretty cool to see how leviatan can manipulate really any kind of Liquid and turn it into an attack, Barley Tea Water Slash OP XD this anime has such a laid back kind of Feel to it really loving it, tho going off the kind of Serious and fast paced opening i'm guessing things start to get a bit more serious as the Story Unfolds, and the girls Become more Adept mages, can't wait for next episode
Apr 20, 2013 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
I never realized that the expression "a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down" is also true in reverse: lots of sugar needs a little bit of medicine to make it palatable. There is just enough hints of bitterness and darkness that gives edge to this show.

Madcat6204 said:
As for the names of the girls, I think the mythological references are more generic than all that. Jormungandr is meant to be a dragon associated with earth, Bahamut is meant to be a dragon associated with fire, and Leviathan is meant to be a dragon associated with water. Given the rather light nature of this series, I don't think they intend for anyone to read any deeper into it than that.

You know, I would hold off saying that this show is generic (or even lighthearted). The writers do know their mythology. Don't forget that everyone on this planet is about to be punished by the Demiurge, which in ancient Greek and Gnostic tradition is the fake god who is the one who created reality. The way they keep hinting that some big time trouble is approaching (last episode the father running off, this episode the three men climbing in the crater) while weaving some pretty good cynical humor into this show, is good evidence that the writer knows what he/she/they are doing.
Apr 20, 2013 6:45 PM

Oct 2012
This is just getting better but poor shop owner she just got the worse luck
Apr 20, 2013 10:12 PM

Feb 2010
That was kind of weird, 0.o funny how he literally went to go get them their food lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2013 11:00 PM

Jan 2012
> the inn is,, messed up again xD
> that dragon lol,, how gentleman eh is xD
> dragon x levi? hmmmm nope? xD

> TEA POWAAAH
Apr 20, 2013 11:04 PM

Jan 2013
This was better then I could hope for.
It was actually pretty funny
Apr 21, 2013 12:04 AM

May 2012
I expected a battle against the dragón ;~;
Apr 21, 2013 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
Leviathan is really something... Her fighting scene was awesome.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 21, 2013 8:47 AM

Jan 2008
Oh god this entire episode.. dem of ecchi/crude jokes.

Episode title = I'll Go Deep!
At first I had assume scales were equvilant of their breasts but apparently it's their undergarments.

Oh and my favorite part.

Nodo-chinko = uvula

The reason Bahamut didn't finish the word is because ochinko means penis in Japanese. Then we get Levaithan saying 'It's huge.'

/lmao

NSFW(?)

/shipping Leviathan and that dragon.

This episode... so much doujinshi material.
Apr 21, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2011
A new pickup line for the bar: "Hey babe, did you know I have a huge uvula?"

Once again the Madoka rule works and it took until episode three to realize that this show is actually pretty good.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 21, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
This was a really funny and cute episode, I never would have guessed that they would enter the dragon's stomach. The character interaction was great. Daijoubu Innkeeper-chan, Bao in Roanapur knows how you feel! "What cute scales" that was adorable. Fighting huge metallic bugs with slicing Barley Tea. Now I've seen everything. 5/5 I was throughly entertained for the whole duration of the episode.
Apr 21, 2013 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
Paul said:
At first I had assume scales were equvilant of their breasts but apparently it's their undergarments.

Hmm? I didn't see any strong evidence suggesting that their scales aren't still part of their bodies.

Oh and my favorite part.

Nodo-chinko = uvula

The reason Bahamut didn't finish the word is because ochinko means penis in Japanese. Then we get Levaithan saying 'It's huge.'

*laughs* Okay, I missed that one.
Apr 21, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2010
This episode.. ಠ_ಠ

Apr 21, 2013 8:41 PM
May 2008
lol I just watched the nodo-chinko part over again listening to the actual words, it made me lol quietly irl. Maybe the subbers should have called it throat penis to try and keep the humor lol.
Apr 22, 2013 2:07 AM
Jul 2012
Ears hell. Audio, what has happened to you? The first two series were amazing. And now -- this. T_T
Apr 22, 2013 3:31 AM

Apr 2011
LOL never expect this anime to be hilarious.

I lol at the dragon blushing all the time, like when he ask to girls to dress and when the girls said he had a huge uvula.

I laugh at when the dragon panicked when girls wants to eat something inside of him scrambling to find some fruits and even crashing to the bar that's just been repaired.
Apr 22, 2013 3:38 AM

May 2009
Innuendo went rampant in this episode. Not that I'm complaining, was good for a few laughs.

Yulungur seems to have taken a liking to Leviathan. Not sure if she feels the same way.

The plot starts to thicken. We'll probably learn the true issue behind those bugs soon.

And again, the bar got (partially) destroyed. I'm assuming this will become the show's running gag.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2013 4:36 AM

Feb 2011
Dropped . This is a fucking waste of time.
Apr 22, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2012
Paul said:

Nodo-chinko = uvula
NSFW(?)
The ecchi humor is not lost among the Japanese fans and discussion of this episode revolves a lot around the title and that scene X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 22, 2013 9:35 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
different said:
lol I just watched the nodo-chinko part over again listening to the actual words, it made me lol quietly irl. Maybe the subbers should have called it throat penis to try and keep the humor lol.
Some sub groups will add 'translator notes' when a joke or a concept is lost by translation, and personally I'd prefer that rather than they try to force it.
Apr 22, 2013 9:54 AM

Feb 2012
Was expecting some kind of action... got trolled :D
Not that I didn't enjoy it though~

And it's really good to see I'm not the only one enjoying this show. I was starting to doubt myself lol

Innocent show and yet those jokes~
Apr 22, 2013 11:01 AM

May 2009
Cratex said:
different said:
Some sub groups will add 'translator notes' when a joke or a concept is lost by translation, and personally I'd prefer that rather than they try to force it.

As proven by a line further on: "You lung?", which is a pun based on the fact that 'lung' and 'yes' are homonyms in Japanese. Oyatsu tried basing it off 'rung', but used the wrong tense of 'to ring' in the process and thus failed to make the joke work properly.
Apr 22, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
I really disliked the first two episodes of this show, but I thought this one was really funny for some reason. I think I'll keep watching for now.
Apr 22, 2013 3:18 PM

Jan 2012
When Leviathan transformed in this episode, it so reminded me of a pokemon evolving. I nostalgia'd pretty hard... Just saying :P

Also lol at the dragon trying to pick her up. This episode made me giggle quite uncontrollably. It's stupid and generic, but I'm still kinda liking it.
ReasonDesuApr 23, 2013 3:09 PM
Apr 22, 2013 4:12 PM
Oct 2012
ReasonDesu said:
Also lol at the dragon trying to pick her up. This episode made me giggle quite uncontrollably. It's stupid and generic, but I'm still kinda linking it.

I don't think a "stupid and generic" show would get you to giggle uncontrollably. I think what you meant to say is that you thought that show would be "stupid and generic" but the writers are surprising you by taking one of the most overused genres (magical girls) and doing something unique and fresh with it.

The only way what you said would be true would be if the writers didn't mean for you to find what they were doing funny, but there is no doubt in my mind that they meant every blessed joke. It really makes me want to find out what they are going to do next week. I mean how do they plan on topping this episode? Yet somehow I think we will all be here next week going "oh god, I can't believe they did THAT" again.
Apr 22, 2013 8:03 PM

Feb 2008
symbv said:
Paul said:

Nodo-chinko = uvula
NSFW(?)
The ecchi humor is not lost among the Japanese fans and discussion of this episode revolves a lot around the title and that scene X-D

i somewhat had an idea that the inuendo was obvious but not understanding Japanese really sux. the reference was fairly obvious though.
Apr 23, 2013 4:02 AM

Oct 2012
I liked this episode.
If the series goes to a 'cute girls doing cute things', I'm happy...

And the ecchi joke really surprised me. haha!
Apr 23, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
ReasonDesu said:
Also lol at the dragon trying to pick her up. This episode made me giggle quite uncontrollably. It's stupid and generic, but I'm still kinda linking it.

I don't think a "stupid and generic" show would get you to giggle uncontrollably. I think what you meant to say is that you thought that show would be "stupid and generic" but the writers are surprising you by taking one of the most overused genres (magical girls) and doing something unique and fresh with it.

The only way what you said would be true would be if the writers didn't mean for you to find what they were doing funny, but there is no doubt in my mind that they meant every blessed joke. It really makes me want to find out what they are going to do next week. I mean how do they plan on topping this episode? Yet somehow I think we will all be here next week going "oh god, I can't believe they did THAT" again.

Well I struggle to find rude jokes and a magical girl format "fresh" I'm still rather enjoying this show, even though in my opinion it is rather stupid and generic. I agree with a lot of your post too, the jokes were funny and the show is entertaining, kudos to the studio.
Apr 23, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
I'm lovin' this series.. There cute and somewhat stupid..xDD
Apr 23, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
Cute episode :)

lol although the going into the dragon isn't really realistic... it wouldn't be that empty :3 well that's anime for ya

I laughed when it was like "and leviathan... you can call on me even when you're not in trouble"
Apr 23, 2013 4:03 PM
Oct 2012
ReasonDesu said:
Well I struggle to find rude jokes and a magical girl format "fresh" I'm still rather enjoying this show, even though in my opinion it is rather stupid and generic. I agree with a lot of your post too, the jokes were funny and the show is entertaining, kudos to the studio.

Well, by that definition there is very little new in this world. However, good artists take a standard trope and do something unique with it, which is what makes it fresh.

The Dragon scene was a great parody of the "lion's paw motif" (helped animal promises to return assistance) that is typical in fantasy series, only in this case the promise assistance was then extended into a horrific pick-up line. Either one separately would have been stale, what made it so funny was the pairing of the two (well that and the image of a 50 foot blushing dragon asking a 5 foot girl out).
Apr 23, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
dat repeated frames
dat resized 3d model

^ Why isn't this updating...
Apr 24, 2013 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
Paul said:

Oh and my favorite part.

Nodo-chinko = uvula

/lmao

NSFW(?)

/shipping Leviathan and that dragon.

This episode... so much doujinshi material.

This got me.
It's a pretty enjoyable episode. The only episode in this series that doesn't make me yawn.
Apr 25, 2013 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
bahamut is so cute
Apr 26, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
I'm still expecting some awesome battle scene involving all 3 of them.
The episode was fun and entertaining, but there's still something missign. 4/5

Apr 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Apr 2009
Blushing CGI dragons and troll fairies, oh my. That was quite... unexpected. I was predicting a battle, but not that way. Nodochinko... hahahaha; and then Yurlungur went out of his way to find specific food for the girls... Oh man, this episode was far funnier than I expected. +1 step into the Fantasy Adventure + comedy route.

Summon get! Our part-time RPG party of three dragon girls and a fairy finished a quest and got a nice summon as a reward.
Apr 26, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2010
What a pointless episode, but also oh so cute xD Was so cute and funny seeing Yurlungur crush on Leviatan
Apr 30, 2013 10:38 AM
Jan 2007
The "it's huge" thing (Sugoku... ookii desu) was word for word from Kusomiso Technique (Yaranaika)
May 18, 2013 4:15 AM

Jun 2008
AO968 said:

Yulungur seems to have taken a liking to Leviathan. Not sure if she feels the same way.

Shipping the all the way. Best couple of 2013, lol.
As about her feelings, well she already got excited seeing he has a huuge one.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

51 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

27 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

30 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:57 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

20 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:52 PM

Poll: » Zettai Bouei Leviathan Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

25 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.