Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2013 10:28 PM

Dec 2011
Loved that Alibaba and Morgiana moment!! KYAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!

XD

YES A SECOND SEASON
Apr 1, 2013 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
Emobaba
This episode was pretty lame.
RX-782Apr 1, 2013 11:19 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:11 PM
Aug 2011
Glad I decided to pick up the manga early on. I will say this the show was doing great till it took it's own path. It should of just continued animating the original story and just stopped till the next season instead of having a big finale of sorts.

My biggest issue is what they did with Alibaba's character. They took him to places he would have never gone in the manga. Changes his character too much.

Anyway before it decided to do it's own thing it was getting an 8 from me. I give it a 7 and I'll still check out the second season, I don't have high hopes though.

Edit:

Also with Cassim and being in Alibaba in relation to the manga what what they will do next season.

Tired_SmurphApr 1, 2013 11:45 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Whatever they do to redeem Alibaba, it's not faithful to the source material much less its world's mechanics. Once one falls into depravity, they are bound to die soon after.

I read your comment before I watched the episode, so I tried to see what they did to resolve it. I think it was because part of Cassim was part of Alibaba, and he helped Alibaba not fall completely into depravity, if I'm not wrong. I think it's a little of stretch to make it so that it does work with the world of Magi, but meh, it works...I guess. (Yes I would've also liked it better if this hadn't even happen to Alibaba in the first place but oh well)

Also, I was pretty sure Dunya should've died after getting stabbed like that in the last episode :/ Maybe it wasn't as serious of a stab as I thought it was? o_O At least her not dying goes along with the manga.

It was a nice and peaceful ending, a pretty good way to lead to the next season. The anime by itself was good as well, for the most part, even if I am a huge manga fan of Magi. Aside from the fact that it wasn't fully faithful to the manga, the only problems I had with the anime is some of its lazy animation and rushed pacing at certain parts. And also, that one episode with horrible bgm. But plot wise, it was still good, I wouldn't say great, but it wasn't horrible either. Hopefully the second season will be more faithful to the manga.

Dr_Smurph said:

My biggest issue is what they did with Alibaba's character. They took him to places he would have never gone in the manga. Changes his character too much.

Oh yeah, that too. I thought Alibaba was ooc in the last episode. It kind of made him seem weak and not as levelheaded as he really is. If they were going to make it so that Alibaba redeems himself by not wanting to kill that masked guy, they should have just not make Alibaba fall into depravity in the first place. It was too fast of a change. In less than ~15 minutes, he went from being vulnerable to the black rukh and cursing his fate, into his normal understanding self.
tingyApr 1, 2013 11:19 PM
Apr 1, 2013 11:31 PM

Feb 2012
A second season for Mage?!!! Now I'm satisfied. So many new characters introduced in the latter part of the episode. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next season.

Dang, the Kou princess is strong and cool! I'm liking her even more. And Morg and Alibaba moment was so <3. I know this anime doesn't focus on romance but I happy to see bits and pieces of romance in it. Sinbad is badass awesome!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 2, 2013 12:01 AM

Oct 2011
This show was good up until the middle of the Balbadd arc imo, from there onwards it dropped in quality due to its use of bad cliches and being awfully predictable. Despite this, Magi was quite the guilty pleasure and I might end up reading the manga in the near future to see it in better light.

Apr 2, 2013 12:06 AM
Aug 2011
tingy said:

Also, I was pretty sure Dunya should've died after getting stabbed like that in the last episode :/ Maybe it wasn't as serious of a stab as I thought it was? o_O At least her not dying goes along with the manga.

It was a nice and peaceful ending, a pretty good way to lead to the next season. The anime by itself was good as well, for the most part, even if I am a huge manga fan of Magi. Aside from the fact that it wasn't fully faithful to the manga, the only problems I had with the anime is some of its lazy animation and rushed pacing at certain parts. And also, that one episode with horrible bgm. But plot wise, it was still good, I wouldn't say great, but it wasn't horrible either. Hopefully the second season will be more faithful to the manga.

Oh yeah, that too. I thought Alibaba was ooc in the last episode. It kind of made him seem weak and not as levelheaded as he really is. If they were going to make it so that Alibaba redeems himself by not wanting to kill that masked guy, they should have just not make Alibaba fall into depravity in the first place. It was too fast of a change. In less than ~15 minutes, he went from being vulnerable to the black rukh and cursing his fate, into his normal understanding self.

Well, Zagan grew a wooden arm for Hakuryu, and that was almost on a whim. Considering Zagan is supposed to be a djinn that specializes in life magic, hence their motive for the dungeon capture in the first place, I wouldn't consider that too much of an inconsistency as far as Dunya surviving.

I haven't read the manga, and I still didn't feel like the anime as a whole was paced very well. In the beginning it went along fairly well, but the random timeskips and abrupt changes in character were scattered throughout, and those are definitely not positive qualities for a standard linear plot. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of shounen, as pointed out, but that's not saying much.
Apr 2, 2013 12:16 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
technozombie said:
tingy said:

Well, Zagan grew a wooden arm for Hakuryu, and that was almost on a whim. Considering Zagan is supposed to be a djinn that specializes in life magic, hence their motive for the dungeon capture in the first place, I wouldn't consider that too much of an inconsistency as far as Dunya surviving.

I haven't read the manga, and I still didn't feel like the anime as a whole was paced very well. In the beginning it went along fairly well, but the random timeskips and abrupt changes in character were scattered throughout, and those are definitely not positive qualities for a standard linear plot. It's certainly not as bad as a lot of shounen, as pointed out, but that's not saying much.

Yeah I know, I was just a little skeptical because I thought she had died XD There's plenty of anime where characters look like they were mortally wounded but somehow were still alive...

Oh really? I haven't seen many (or any) non-manga watcher of the anime that has felt the same way as you, or maybe they aren't as vocal about it. Or I could have just missed those comments. I think everyone can agree that Magi had some problems with pacing, which I hope will be fixed with the next season. Hopefully they change the scriptwriter...
Apr 2, 2013 12:39 AM
Sep 2012
This finale wasn't bad at all. At least it was a satisfying finale compared to many other finales that I've seen these past 2 weeks.

I liked how we got to see everyone back together again - including Morgiana, YAY! Morgiana and Hakuryuu to free Alibaba was a treat, but I wondered why Aladdin didn't do anything other than Solomon's Wisdom and how the fuck did Hakuryuu get that djiin in the first place? Yamuraiha having her ornaments and her top blown away was a treat. LOL

Can't wait for season 2. 6/10
Apr 2, 2013 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
I think the combination of Zagan's powers and the influence of the light rukh fluttering around the place can provide enough rationale for Dunya remaining alive (although still seriously injured by all appearances). Since her "death" was a big complaint regarding lack of fidelity to the manga, that may resolve some potential plot holes. I will add the manga on my "to read" list as a result of watching this season and I'll watch in the fall and those are both indications that this had some entertainment value despite some of the problems with pacing. 8/10 which will end up being below the mean MAL rating for this show.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 2, 2013 1:22 AM

Oct 2012
The episode was ok as well as the whole series. The best part was the brief history of Solomon and the Djinns were previously humans from the other world, I completely forgot about that and it connects to what's going on in the manga right now.

A second season of Magi is welcomed even though this one wasn't perfect but still enjoyable and allowed me to find an amazing series.
Apr 2, 2013 1:59 AM

Jan 2011
was a okay finale felt like i seen the ending of this arc before in the other ones though lol

as a anime only viewer i liked magi but it did start to go down hill at some point but that was mainly because of A-1

time to read the manga so that i can rage when S2 comes out fall,...however if it was madhouse that picked it up that's a different story (HXH) became one of my favorite Shounens

8/10
Apr 2, 2013 2:34 AM

Nov 2011
I'll pretend I didn't read the manga

It was a good episode. We get to see the Kou princess and Sinbad's djinn equips. Though I am rather displeased that we didn't get see the transformation for the princess.

Anyway, Sinbad being halfway falling into depravity is sure to raise an eyebrow. Wonder what happened to him.

It seems part of Kassim is inside Alibaba, no homo. It show him leaving but I also saw a tiny bit of his rukh seems to be entering Alibaba's earring.

The scene at the end was a nice addition. Showing the characters for the second seasons. Ishida for Yunan is a really great choice.

Even though they messed up the adaption at the near end, I hope they will make the second season more than enough to make up for it.

Apr 2, 2013 3:15 AM

Apr 2011
By the way, the first people who subbed the last episode is a group named "Oni"...never heard about them before, but it's a good sub.
I am also an Anime only viewer. I understand when people read the Manga they have a lot of expectations and if they even change the story it can be annoying.
But for me it was just a very nice Anime. Like I said, I don't know the Manga, but without any knowledge from it I can just say, it was "very good". I also thought it was a nice finale.
Will definately watch the next season.
8/10
Apr 2, 2013 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
I sense some bromance.
Apr 2, 2013 4:34 AM
Jun 2012
I don't see how any of the changes from the manga were that immense or pivotal. I think its just usual manga purists being ornery as usual. You see them in every anime thread complaining so and so was better in the manga. I am anime only watcher. Have tried countless times to read manga, but it always just looks like a flat undetailed picture with a bunch of lines that are suppose to be action. I might be able to trudge through by borrowing visuals and voices from the anime, but in the end its a hopeless cause for me. Maybe manga readers have a lot of imagination and are just getting mad when the anime doesn't fit their exact mold, which is completely different from person to person. Also, a good example of not following the manga closely being a good thing, is Fullmetal Alchemist. The old one with original motives and endings was completely different and way better than the newer Brotherhood one that followed the manga.

For Magi they had some really poor pacing with the Balbadd stuff. That was the point where the show got really boring for me. It was new and wondrous and reefreshing at first, but then they went to balbadd and beat the deadhorse that is Kassim and Alibaba's angst and the country's silly problems. What should've been maybe 3-4 episodes became way more than that. Endless talking rehashing the same stuff. And also endless fighting. It suddenly turned into endless shounen fight sequences. The adventuring and wonderment all gone. There's a review of this show on Kotaku that describes this sentiment exactly, where it went from exciting adventure to endless shounen powerfest.

Not that I don't love sparkly stuff and battles, but they have to have a reason and be well prepped and paced and be logical. The earlier battles were good but it just gets crazier and crazier at the second half and you just have to resign that everyone has DBZ destroy the world magic powers shootign everywhere willy nilly with no strategy and no way to gauge any of it.

Yeah the pacing in the second half was way too quick and staccato. Little to no exposes on most of the characters making you not care for any of them. Nor any revelations about the world or the overall plot. And its so colorful and childish the story and characters just takes a backseat to boobs, power, and endless Aladdin friendship speeches and Alibaba stricken face syndrome.

Most of the stuff is there for a great anime. The animation and characters and setting and underlying plot. It just wasn't put together as well as it should have been, or paced right. It's still a unique show that is memorable, only one of a few animes I've been watching for the past few months. This is probably the only new shounen/adventure show I'm willing to watch, since it has the right animation and everything else, though flawed. I'll give it an 8/10, because even with its flaws, I still think its way better than anything else out there, the show is unique, and there's nothing else I really want to watch or is even available. There's so many slice-of-life, romance, comedy, and girly shows with eyes half the size of their head my anime queue is completely empty.
Apr 2, 2013 4:38 AM

May 2010
funny how some ppl are mad about season one not being true to the manga. i really dont give a shit aslong as didnt read it :D --- it doesnt bother me at all.

i enjoyed watching magi overall..yeh it had some really bad animation fails but i can look past that easily. im happy for a second season to be honest.

5/5
8/10

this show has some really interesting characters :)
Apr 2, 2013 5:08 AM
Aug 2011
katsu044 said:
was a okay finale felt like i seen the ending of this arc before in the other ones though lol

as a anime only viewer i liked magi but it did start to go down hill at some point but that was mainly because of A-1

time to read the manga so that i can rage when S2 comes out fall,...however if it was madhouse that picked it up that's a different story (HXH) became one of my favorite Shounens

8/10

Read it from the beginning is my suggestion! The anime stays pretty close the the manga till a certain point but there are plenty of differences to keep you interested. Plus it's honestly not that long.

katamari201 said:
I don't see how any of the changes from the manga were that immense or pivotal. I think its just usual manga purists being ornery as usual. You see them in every anime thread complaining so and so was better in the manga. I am anime only watcher. Have tried countless times to read manga, but it always just looks like a flat undetailed picture with a bunch of lines that are suppose to be action. I might be able to trudge through by borrowing visuals and voices from the anime, but in the end its a hopeless cause for me. Maybe manga readers have a lot of imagination and are just getting mad when the anime doesn't fit their exact mold, which is completely different from person to person. Also, a good example of not following the manga closely being a good thing, is Fullmetal Alchemist. The old one with original motives and endings was completely different and way better than the newer Brotherhood one that followed the manga.

Manga isn't for everyone, and that's okay. Though yes there are the typical manga readers who hate anime adaptations no matter the reason or make up reasons. When reading original source material it's hard not to view the changes sometimes and feel it could of been done better.

I didn't pick up the manga till like 7 episodes into Magi and it followed very close to the material. Near the end they rushed and combined and made up things that they didn't have to, just because they didn't want to leave it open ended. Which feels like a slap in the face when they decided to renew the show.

I would say none of the changes were really detrimental to the story, definitely rushed and the pace was off but combining things didn't ruin it. As I previously stated the only issue I really have with the new story was Alibaba's character, his changes affect his overall character negatively and in an ,for lack of a better way to say it "un-king like" way.

On FMA well that's a different story I could argue good and bad from both but ratings and fans alike usually sway towards Brotherhood for a reason.
Tired_SmurphApr 2, 2013 5:23 AM
Apr 2, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
okay, where do i start...

i just started the manga 2 days ago (i'm at chapter 32 atm), so i can't compare that much. but i still felt that a lot of stuff was missing. all these attacks were too sudden without any explanation, especially during the last episodes. it was like they tried to throw in as much stuff as possible. not their best idea.

i was happy to see kassim for a second, though.
and sinbad looked just badass lbh.
i also liked that they introduced new characters at the end and yes, i'm excited about season 2.

7 or 8/10 for the whole show. i don't know what to choose yet, but i'm prone to give 8 points because magi was definitely one of my favorite anime this season, but i also felt that it was too rushed. i would have rather seen 100+ episodes with fillers instead of 25 rushed episodes.
Apr 2, 2013 5:36 AM

Sep 2012
So far I've read up to the 116 chapter, and after watching the last episode of the anime, I can kind of understand why they took this approach. It would be difficult to follow the manga exactly with only 25 episodes. It seems apparent that they had to quickly wrap up the season in a way that opens up to a new one. Their solution? A-1 made changes in order to make way for a finale.

Honestly, I don't very dissatisfied with the ending. The changes from the manga may be debatable, but they lead up to the same results:

Bad guys died in places and times where they weren't suppose to, things got shifted around. There were some big changes, but really? It could've been a lot worst. The plot itself wasn't affected in a heavy manner. Yeah, of course it irks me a bit, but overall the results weren't that devasting. However, like I said, I'm only on chapter 116, so maybe I'm wrong.
IronLobsterApr 2, 2013 5:45 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 2, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2010
loved yamuraiha's fight...it was great anime well i am not a manga reader so...9/10:D
Apr 2, 2013 6:18 AM
Oct 2011
IronLobster said:
So far I've read up to the 116 chapter, and after watching the last episode of the anime, I can kind of understand why they took this approach. It would be difficult to follow the manga exactly with only 25 episodes. It seems apparent that they had to quickly wrap up the season in a way that opens up to a new one. Their solution? A-1 made changes in order to make way for a finale.

Honestly, I don't very dissatisfied with the ending. The changes from the manga may be debatable, but they lead up to the same results:

Bad guys died in places and times where they weren't suppose to, things got shifted around. There were some big changes, but really? It could've been a lot worst. The plot itself wasn't affected in a heavy manner. Yeah, of course it irks me a bit, but overall the results weren't that devasting. However, like I said, I'm only on chapter 116, so maybe I'm wrong.

You forgot the characters. Alibaba was supposed to have character-development after Balbadd and become a better character overall (actually he was never as much of a pussy as the anime made him to be in Balbadd), and now he's cursing his fate and turned emo? (from what I read here) Hakuryuu was supposed to take Alibaba as a role model btw. How can an emo take another emo as a role model?

Aladdin forgot he has a first friend that disappeared and moved on as if nothing happened. I mean, since the first chapter in the manga we know how dear a friend for Aladdin is, and now his first friend disappeared and Aladdin was apathetic about it. Seriously? Though now that I mention it, they never animated the first chapter and they never focused on how much a friend is important to Aladdin, so I guess that doesn't make him a hypocrite, since he was one-dimensional from the very beginning.

Morgiana clearly points out that she love Alibaba. Did the anime show it as much as the manga did? I don't think so. Mor is mere fanservice btw.

Kassim was a horrible character in the anime. Jamil was one-dimensional as fuck. Judal seemed more one-dimensional as well.

Sinbad was supposed to show his ulterior motives when Hakuryuu said Sinbad is a liar, and that was REALLY obvious in the manga. Sinbad's expression was priceless. Did the anime show Sinbad's ulterior motives or not yet? (just wondering)

Al-Thamen seems like any group of villain, they just appeared out of nowhere in the anime without any foreshadowing and they have no depth to them. In the manga there were some symbolism and sculpture like panels that showed their role in the series as Ugo was talking to Aladdin in Balbadd.

Kouen has been foreshadowed as well in the first Sindria arc, but the anime staff deemed it unnecessary and just went on in their mess.

Markkio was left out and he was deemed unnecessary.

hmm, who's left?

Basically:
Firs impression for villain was bad as fuck, 'cause of no foreshadowing or derp-faces.
Foreshadowing was left out completely, unless added, once iirc.
Good guys turned to either fanservice, one-dimensional, or their characters turned into a mess.
Candor123Apr 2, 2013 6:30 AM
Apr 2, 2013 6:29 AM

Feb 2013
Good series and a good ending, but you can tell that the ending was rushed. Even so, the overall anime was great, i had a lot of fun with it and hopefully they will follow the manga more in season 2.
Apr 2, 2013 7:55 AM

Mar 2008
Last ep was pretty cool! Didn't expected to see Sin in action again! The only things I didn't liked is how Zagan "fixed" Hakuryuu's arm. I expected he'll attach the original one or something ( ´∀`)
Also didn't liked how Morgiana suddenly recovered. She was in a such bad condition, and then boom, she's alright.
But anyway I enjoyed this ending. Will look forward to next season, which is not that far.
Apr 2, 2013 8:16 AM

Oct 2011
Can't wait for season 2
Apr 2, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2011
Yeah! it's very different from manga but overall, not bad 7/10
Apr 2, 2013 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
antonnn said:
If it wasn't already, R.I.P. Magi anime forever if there is indeed a season 2.

All we can hope for is a HxH 2011 to happen to Magi. Difference is, the original HxH was good.

Secunded. And im watching HxH 2011 atm, but some parts are even better at original.
But im expecting someone to start Magi from scrach, and follow the manga, they dont even need fillers until anime reaches the manga.
Apr 2, 2013 8:50 AM

May 2012
I haven't read the manga but the ending episode felt incredibly rushed and just awful.

Final rating: 5/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Apr 2, 2013 9:57 AM

Jan 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
i dont like the ending but im happy to see yunan and schehezerade(so cute :D).. they also spoil mogamet, ren brothers and hakuryuu's mom.. it would be great if they just follow the manga..
6/10
-1 from animation
-1 from weird BGM
-1 from character messed up
-1 from plot change

Weird BGM? So you wanted to hear a generic anime soundtrack playing in the background that sounds like hundreds of other anime BGM tracks? The soundtrack was one of the stronger points of this anime.
Apr 2, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2008
i thouth it was a good anime, gonna miss that morgiana happy face
aaaand so, i was hopping that alladin would got back his flying carpet, just sain' XD
antonnn said:
If it wasn't already, R.I.P. Magi anime forever if there is indeed a season 2.

All we can hope for is a HxH 2011 to happen to Magi. Difference is, the original HxH was good.
lol,really? i'm so reading the manga rigth away, since i liked the anime, but if you compare this to the original hxh, and say that, i MUST reat it rigth now
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 2, 2013 10:19 AM

May 2012
penguindrum264 said:

The soundtrack was one of the stronger points of this anime.

i dont think so. i say yeah from first to balbad arc i guess.. then from sindria to ep25 it feels random..

So you wanted to hear a generic anime soundtrack playing in the background that sounds like hundreds of other anime BGM tracks?

yeah i would preffer those rather than this magi BGM..

Apr 2, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2012
That was beautiful ending, I shed a manly tear when the ending credits were rolling, with them showing people who will play good roles in s2 (especially my man Yunan), and dat music was perfect.

Can't wait for S2, great anime, loved it and enjoyed to death.
Apr 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2013
Episode 5 with Paimon was my favourite •3•
Apr 2, 2013 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
Magi as an anime works fine IMO, the plot gets through and there's a good amount of adventure, humor and political aspects. The scenery has always been portrayed beautifully and the voice-cast is quite impressive. As a manga reader myself I know what the differences are and I like the adaption anyway. I won't hate it, it's just that I can find it disappointing that we are missing out on extended scenes and many character interactions are overlooked. The manga always has more to offer e.g.

-Real Zagan may seem nice when he appears in this episode, though he's actually still an annoying bully by nature.

-The relationship between our main heroes and their masters Sharrkan, Yamuraiha and Masrur is all about hilarious rival competition on 'whose got the best student' and at the same time some genuine caring for each other. I didn't get this from watching the anime and therefore hope to see this included next season.

-I have one more thing, it's about the sight of destruction of Alma Toran...

Anime-Alibaba going emo during Zagan-arc is depressing and I only get the feeling of "why is he even worthy" of the trust and support he gets. His determination and leadership are what I like about his manga counterpart, it makes him more worthy and developed in my eyes.

I love the scene at the end with Aladdin officially calling Alibaba his king candidate. I really appreciate this was added here and it settles the motivation to move on.
mikadocsApr 2, 2013 11:19 AM
Apr 2, 2013 11:18 AM

Mar 2008
It was a bit rushed episode but not too bad for introducing the new season and i liked at the end and that feeling that everything is starting, proly cuz i know that will be second season xD

Also possible spoiler,

Anyway really nice shounen IMO, it gets 9 from me.
DeadhouseApr 2, 2013 11:21 AM
Apr 2, 2013 11:24 AM

Aug 2009
^I understand why you would believe that xD But it's actually a funny story; the writer planned Aladdin to be a girl to begin with but then she decided to change the gender. The bandages where kept on because the design looked nice.
Apr 2, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
Deadhouse said:
Also possible spoiler,

i'll use a spoiler because you used one, even though it's just an assumption :D

edit:
mikado34 said:
^I understand why you would believe that xD But it's actually a funny story; the writer planned Aladdin to be a girl to begin with but then she decided to change the gender. The bandages where kept on because the design looked nice.

oh well. there we have an answer :D
Apr 2, 2013 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
Hm. The ending was a happy one, but its not that good. Quite meh. The perverted old man destroyed Yamuraiha's clothing. Also, nekkid Yamuraiha is damn sexy.
"You want to live, don't you...? So live! As long as you're alive, live!" ~ Takeshi Kuranari
Apr 2, 2013 1:17 PM

Feb 2009
Glad it's over, I probably won't watch the second season because I was bored every episode I watched. I guess it just isn't for me. 5/10
Apr 2, 2013 1:59 PM
Oct 2011
mikado34 said:

-I have one more thing, it's about the sight of destruction of Alma Toran...

One more thing to complain about it seems. Don't A-1 read the manga and the recent chapters or is Mr. Yoshino Hiroyuki writing the script out of his ass? From that alone you got one thing about character-development ruined in the 2nd season, and it didn't even start yet.
Candor123Apr 2, 2013 2:03 PM
Apr 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2009
^ To be frank A-1 might not have known the meaning behind this at the time ep25 was scripted, so I think it can be excused. I only pointed it out because I've been thinking about it lately.
Apr 2, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
my hopes for a better studio to remake magi got killed /sigh
Apr 2, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
AMAZING, second season WWWWWOOOOOOOO!
Apr 2, 2013 3:35 PM

Dec 2011
The kind of ending I expected. It was nice to see Paimon and Zagan in their human form. Didn't expect the masked man to be the magi of the past during Solomon's rein! Damn.

Second season is announced!!! Can't wait to see it... but now going to read the manga soon enough.

Yamraiha getting her clothes ripped so hot!!! And shit always hits the fan when Sinbad transforms! Didn't expect he is actually cursed. Can't wait to see what his past is like.

It was nice to see the Kou empire people, and even the other Magi! It is voiced by Akira Ishida! Ooh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2013 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
I know it bothered manga readers, but this was a very enjoyable series for us anime-only viewers. And I'm happy about season 2!
8/10
Apr 2, 2013 3:59 PM
Oct 2011
Fiji said:

Yamraiha getting her clothes ripped so hot!!! And shit always hits the fan when Sinbad transforms! Didn't expect he is actually cursed. Can't wait to see what his past is like.
Sinbad's backstory is gonna be serialized in a separate series in WSSunday starting from May I believe, so I doubt it's gonna be animated, soon at least. So, if you want to know more about his backstory start from the "Sinbad no Bouken" one-shot which was released a couple of months ago.
Apr 2, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
my god. dem boobs. holy shit 8/10
Apr 2, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
It was a good series to watch, I'm happy about season 2 :)
Sinbad is such a badass. 8/10
Apr 2, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Finally got a chance to see this episode...

But it felt... rushed. It felt like they attempted to cram so much into one episode, but I still found it to be a generally good final episode overall. It did, at least, provide me with a satisfying conclusion, not that I found it direly necessary since there's a 2nd season announced. I'm so glad the thing with Alibaba and the dark djinn didn't take up very much of the episode, because that was probably the weakest among all of the different things going on in this episode, and Alibaba just looked ridiculous anyways. I haven't gotten this far in the manga yet, so I don't know how the changes will affect the story of the 2nd season adaptation down the line, but I quite liked the resolution to Isnan, albeit rushed. I also liked how some of the characters that have fallen by the wayside a bit each got their moments, like Hakuryuu, Kougyoku, and some of the Eight Generals, and Sinbad's scene was just awesome to watch. I wish these scenes could have been extended a bit though. The biggest flaw was the pacing though; I think everything would have been ten times better if the final episode were to be stretched out into two episodes and not as ridiculously rushed. Just a few final thoughts on this specific episode: the music was kind of funky at times, but I have to say, I'm glad they turned the animation up a notch for the finale, especially with some of the weird animation blips we've been experiencing over the course of the series.

Overall, the show definitely had some major flaws and some series problems which prevented it from being truly great. But I still found it really enjoyable, and it's definitely among the better shounen series out there. I was planning on giving this one a 6/10, but after seeing the first season conclusion, I'm going to give it a 7/10.
Apr 2, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2011
2 SEASON YEYE
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.