Forum Settings
Forums

Winners of the 2013 Tokyo Anime Awards Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 25, 2013 1:02 AM

Dec 2012
Ponpokopii said:
well i guess i have shit taste then.

That's impossible you have Senjougahara and Bakemonogatari in your favorites ;)
Mar 25, 2013 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
Only something related to SAO would get this many posts. Oh MAL.
Mar 25, 2013 1:29 AM

Oct 2011
nice to see ookami get the recognition it deserved! one of the finest (and most moving) anime films i've had the pleasure to see.....also, didn't think sword art online was all that bad, but definitely not worthy of best of the year - a fairly average, if entertaining watch...would have been nice to have seen mine fujiko or tsuritama or a number of others to win instead...
octal9Mar 25, 2013 1:35 AM
Mar 25, 2013 1:30 AM

Oct 2012
Tyrel said:
Only something related to SAO would get this many posts. Oh MAL.

True that.
Mar 25, 2013 1:35 AM

May 2012
Wonder why no one is bitching about shoujo basketball
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Mar 25, 2013 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad Kuroko no Basket won best anime of the year. It really deserves it, freaking love that anime. Totally excited for season 2. I still gotta watch Wolf Children, clearly it's an anime movie that shouldn't be missed. SAO winning anime of the year is quite controversial. Personally I don't think it's that awesome, but ah well Japan loves it. :P Yuuki Kaji winning best voice actor is perfect. He does an awesome job at voice acting, it's just that most of the roles that he gets happen to be whiny/pussy characters. At least Alibaba is an awesome one.
Mar 25, 2013 2:01 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
SAO!!
Mar 25, 2013 5:31 AM

Sep 2012
Yuuki Kaji is an amazing voice actor.

Quit bitching if you didn't like shu.
Mar 25, 2013 5:37 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
Ponpokopii said:

Not everyone can enjoy that though, in contrast of SAO and KnB, even a non-gamer or a non-basketball-fans can enjoy them..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 25, 2013 6:21 AM

Dec 2012
Natsu12345 said:
tsudecimo said:
Ponpokopii said:

Not everyone can enjoy that though, in contrast of SAO and KnB, even a non-gamer or a non-basketball-fans can enjoy them..

Hmmm?

Red_Keys said:
Yuuki Kaji is an amazing voice actor.

Quit bitching if you didn't like shu.

I didn't even realize he voiced Shu makes sense though.
Mar 25, 2013 7:05 AM

Nov 2008
lol what a crazy list but i did enjoy kuroko no basket and sword online
Mar 25, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
Who should have won =/

Award Winners: Anime Works

Animation of the Year

Hellsing Ultimate/Gundam Unicorn[/url]

Television Category
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Shinsekai Yori
Fate/Zero
Lupin: A woman named Fujiko

Feature Film Category
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki

no arguments here

Award Winners: Individual

Best Director
Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

against deserved it IMO

Best Original Story
Shinsekai Yori

Best Screenplay
Satoko Okudera, Mamoru Hosoda (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

Agree

Best Art Direction

Gundam Unicorn

Best Character Designer

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Best Voice Actor

Norio Wakamoto... all year every fucking year

Best Music
Youko Kanno (Sakamichi no Apollon, Aquarion EVOL)

I somewhat agree, but I enjoyed the Lupin: A woman named Fujiko OST more

This is just my opinion =/

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 25, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
Shinsekai Yori and Psycho should be in the Original Story categories as well.

Ookami Children, congrats! Definitely deserved it.

Nothing to say for SAO. Kind of disappointed that it even made it up this list. But meh. Ookami crushed them all.
Mar 25, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2011
Took me a day to read through this thread. MAL is awesome as usual.

Congrats to the winners.
Mar 25, 2013 3:24 PM
Sep 2011
I'm happy for Wolf Children and Kuroko's Basket ball.
I am definity dissapointed that Fate/Zero won nothing. And I am kind of annyoed SAO won for "best origional story", if SAO was "best animation" or "best character desgins" or any catagory other than story I wouldn't care because SAO was decent in those respects...but SAO had an awful story, it had so many plot holes, ass pulls and just generally things that didn't make logical sense. I'm not calling it a bad show, but they are clearly just pandering to fans by giving SAO that award.
(edited: I was mistaken with Kuroko no Basket's award, yes it does deserve its award, good job Kuroko's Basket)

My overall opinion: I'm happy with every award except for one. However I don't think they put any thought into the "best story" catagory since the shows that won, while okay, is clearly not good for its atrotious story aren't their story.
edl01Mar 25, 2013 3:42 PM
Mar 25, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
>Sword Art Online anime adaptation
>Winning anything

This world is rotten to the core
Mar 25, 2013 7:17 PM
Jul 2012
Tommk said:
Wonder why no one is bitching about shoujo basketball

Not alone. Really overated shit! SHIT! show
Mar 25, 2013 7:43 PM

Apr 2011
I thought Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki was good, but not that good. Ah well...Congrats to all winners!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Mar 25, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2010
Sword art original? fuck off
Mar 25, 2013 10:39 PM

Nov 2007
I am surprised that none of you are commenting anything on how they decided not to give the OVA of the Year Award this year.

F*CKING UNBELIEVABLE!

And here I was ready to open a champagne to celebrate GUNDAM UNICORN making a hattrick of winning that award. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 26, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2012
Why are you even complain about 'Kuroko no Basket' and ' Sword Art Online'???

are you stupid? its definitely best of 2012 and the other i hope for get award probably 'Kokoro Connect' but well....

and other i dont even understand why many people gave F/Z high rating higher than those two... its kind piss me of...

and quality proved everything....

Cheers for KnB and SAO i hope for 2nd Season for BOTH!!!!

Mar 26, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2007
If we took some guy who knows the market decently (numbers data like box office) but haven't seen a single anime in 2012, his choices would be exactly the same.
I wouldn't be surprised if half of people who voted for Kaji haven't even seen Aquarion.

ryshin said:

are you stupid? its definitely best of 2012 and the other i hope for get award probably 'Kokoro Connect' but well....

and other i dont even understand why many people gave F/Z high rating higher than those two... its kind piss me of...

You should watch more than three anime a season, that could help your tastes.
Mar 26, 2013 3:24 AM

May 2012
Progeusz said:

Yes. This applies to a high number of fans actually. This, or they simply have screwed up taste.
Mar 26, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2011
ryshin said:

No, KnB and SAO are not the best of 2012. I don't know about Fate/Zero S2 since I'm still in the midst of watching it, but KnB and SAO are definitely not the best of 2012 (Fall 2012 alone had two shows better than them both). The thing is, this award, is most likely based on sales, where KnB and SAO both triumphed. I'm not a hater, I even enjoy watching both KnB and SAO, but I know they have flaws. Flaws that make them weak. Also, if you didn't know, KnB has a second season scheduled to start airing later this year.
Mar 26, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
ryshin said:

and other i dont even understand why many people gave F/Z high rating higher than those two...

They did it to spite you, of course.
metamorphiusMar 26, 2013 4:04 AM
Mar 26, 2013 4:51 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
ryshin said:

No, KnB and SAO are not the best of 2012. I don't know about Fate/Zero S2 since I'm still in the midst of watching it, but KnB and SAO are definitely not the best of 2012 (Fall 2012 alone had two shows better than them both). The thing is, this award, is most likely based on sales, where KnB and SAO both triumphed. I'm not a hater, I even enjoy watching both KnB and SAO, but I know they have flaws. Flaws that make them weak. Also, if you didn't know, KnB has a second season scheduled to start airing later this year.

just your opinion... i dont mind if its different... i wouldn't say something bad about anime that i havent watched yet... so i know what i say.

so what the best in your mind? i know fall anime was good.. (better than winter 2013, ithink)

and yeah i know KnB has season two, and what i say is i wait it. i am not say i dont knw about news yet. but airing date is still unknown.

metamorphius said:
ryshin said:

and other i dont even understand why many people gave F/Z high rating higher than those two...

haha, here F/Z fans... (hello) gahaha..... are you mad bro??? i've already watched it and its good but i rather say nothing special about that show.. most of it kinda creepy me out. full of insane people. so what's your opinion?
ryshinMar 26, 2013 4:56 AM

Mar 26, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 2008
Quite content that the composer for Sakamichi no Apollon won. :)
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Mar 26, 2013 5:09 AM

Oct 2012
Progeusz said:

i kinda forgot about you sorry... :D

got it///you are senpai, so i wont debate it with you (i just active last year)... but if you say my taste was bad, i will not hesistate to punch you... XD

people have different taste. why would i make my taste same as you, theres no point to do it. but i will never forgive someone who tried to force their opinion to other.

so i just want to say dont get a head of yourself because you are more experience than me.!!!

Mar 26, 2013 5:14 AM

Apr 2011
ryshin said:
yhunata said:
ryshin said:

just your opinion... i dont mind if its different... i wouldn't say something bad about anime that i havent watched yet... so i know what i say.

so what the best in your mind? i know fall anime was good.. (better than winter 2013, ithink)

and yeah i know KnB has season two, and what i say is i wait it. i am not say i dont knw about news yet. but airing date is still unknown.

Likewise, what you said was also your opinion. In my opinion, Shinsekai Yori and Psycho-Pass were both better than KnB and SAO. Fate/Zero is also quite good. It might be a recent fanboyism I've found for Urobuchi Gen, but it's rather different from the anime we usually get. As for winter, I found the gag anime to be much better than the rest.
Mar 26, 2013 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Actually we would be glad if you at least tried to use proper grammar and not act like a spoiled child.

You said it yourself: Opinions. Going by the opinions of most active MAL users in this thread, I'd say it is obvious that the consensus here is that SAO is not the best anime of 2012.
Uchuu Kyoudai, Jinrui, SSY are better fit imho.

By the way, expert-layman-communication exists in anime as well.
NidhoeggrMar 26, 2013 5:25 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 26, 2013 5:29 AM

Oct 2012
yhunata said:
Likewise, what you said was also your opinion. In my opinion, Shinsekai Yori and Psycho-Pass were both better than KnB and SAO. Fate/Zero is also quite good. It might be a recent fanboyism I've found for Urobuchi Gen, but it's rather different from the anime we usually get. As for winter, I found the gag anime to be much better than the rest.

so what i said back then... oh. sorry i kinda overreacted about it. i just give back what people say about SAO and KnB.

but i confused, yeah i havent watch both. (Shinsekai yori & psychopass), but that both was ended in 2013 and does it include to 2012? is it that good? if yes then i will tried it. about winter most of it was knda average in my eyes. but i enjoyed one of them.

Mar 26, 2013 5:29 AM

Oct 2007
I was just bothered by quite offensive remark "are you stupid? its definitely best of 2012". Not even people who watched majority of anime in said year should be allowed to say such things.
Personally I would place KnB somewhere in the lower half of my 2012 top10 (that means it's still great anime, just not a masterpiece of SpaceBros/Jinrui/AKB0048 level) but with Sword Art Online... I'm not even sure if it deserves to be in my top50 of 2012.
Well, I doubt you would agree now but in two-three years, if you keep watching more shows you'll know it's right.
Mar 26, 2013 5:43 AM

Oct 2012
Progeusz said:
I was just bothered by quite offensive remark "are you stupid? its definitely best of 2012". Not even people who watched majority of anime in said year should be allowed to say such things.
Personally I would place KnB somewhere in the lower half of my 2012 top10 (that means it's still great anime, just not a masterpiece of SpaceBros/Jinrui/AKB0048 level) but with Sword Art Online... I'm not even sure if it deserves to be in my top50 of 2012.
Well, I doubt you would agree now but in two-three years, if you keep watching more shows you'll know it's right.

ah i see... about that words then i apologize, since you are far more experienced than me. could you delete it for me? since its too troublesome.. hehe :D

i quite understand why you mad at me, yeah. but most of the reason i just want to kill the hater... thats all. why would say something bad about anime. if you enjoyed it. if they hate it just dropped it and shut the mouth up.

and that day i dont watch alot, more than that 50 anime in the 2012.
ryshinMar 26, 2013 5:50 AM

Mar 26, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2011
ryshin said:
but i confused, yeah i havent watch both. (Shinsekai yori & psychopass), but that both was ended in 2013 and does it include to 2012? is it that good? if yes then i will tried it. about winter most of it was knda average in my eyes. but i enjoyed one of them.

Depends. If you like dark, serious anime then you're likely to like both. Both of them are very dark, which is kinda obvious for PP considering Urobutcher was the one who wrote it. As for ending in 2013, that might be one the reasons why they weren't considered, which is why I asked for the time period the anime had to be in to be nominated earlier this thread, which went unanswered.

Nidhoeggr said:
Actually we would be glad if you at least tried to use proper grammar and not act like a spoiled child.

You said it yourself: Opinions. Going by the opinions of most active MAL users in this thread, I'd say it is obvious that the consensus here is that SAO is not the best anime of 2012.

Uchuu Kyoudai is from 2011, not 2012.
Mar 26, 2013 6:25 AM
Jun 2009
yhunata said:

Spring 2012 actually.
Mar 26, 2013 6:40 AM

Apr 2011
Trisection said:
yhunata said:

Spring 2012 actually.

Really? My mistake.

Zergneedsfood said:
yhunata said:
ryshin said:

Depends. If you like dark, serious anime then you're likely to like both. Both of them are very dark, which is kinda obvious for PP considering Urobutcher was the one who wrote it. As for ending in 2013, that might be one the reasons why they weren't considered, which is why I asked for the time period the anime had to be in to be nominated earlier this thread, which went unanswered.

Nidhoeggr said:

Can't speak for Shin Sekai since I dropped it really early, but Psycho Pass was not that dark. I think it had mature material but to say that it was "dark" kind of gives too much credit to a world that relied heavily on graphic material to come off as dark.

I dunno. The society building, the true nature of the Sibyl System and the ending and stuff were pretty dark to me.
Mar 26, 2013 7:06 AM
Feb 2012
Congrats to the winners. May not necessarily agree with it all, but kudos.
Mar 26, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2009
ryshin said:

metamorphius said:
ryshin said:

haha, here F/Z fans... (hello) gahaha..... are you mad bro??? i've already watched it and its good but i rather say nothing special about that show.. most of it kinda creepy me out. full of insane people. so what's your opinion?

Unfortunately, I will have to disappoint you since I am not one of the F/Z fans. My opinion of the series is that it is very well made and has great production values, but it is not one of the shows I would put on the pedestal as the best of the last year. To me, it somewhat lacked emotional impact, mostly because I always cared more for the side characters than the protagonist(s).

The only reason why I jokingly replied to your comment about you not being able to understand why some people would like F/Z better than your favourites and consequently being upset about it is because I found that statement amusing and silly. It implies you may either not understand that different people have different views and opinions or simply dismiss their opinions as inferior (as your "are you stupid" comment leads me to believe) which is even worse.
metamorphiusMar 26, 2013 2:48 PM
Mar 28, 2013 3:31 AM
Jun 2009
Gotta watch Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki. XD
Mar 28, 2013 7:53 AM

Apr 2011
I like SAO but it is most overrated anime ever. But grats to all the winners.
Mar 28, 2013 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
All the more reason I'm inclined to watch "Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki" because of this.
Mar 28, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2010
What Is This Ookami Kodomo. Better Start Watching It.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
10 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.