Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 16, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
wasn't expect to feel such emotion considering the same old protecting school/house theme that's been done a million times...

well done..
Jan 19, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2008
Absolutely the best episode so far kept tearing up during the speech it was really well done with this episode alone it got a 10 from me but hopefully for the last episode it doesnt go down to a 9 or an 8 for me but only the next episode will tell so on to the next
Jan 22, 2014 6:50 AM

Dec 2013
This is the best graduation scenes I have ever seen in an anime and the best episode of the series. 10/10
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
- Dr. Hiluluk
Jan 25, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2013
That wS retarded. You give a speech to the whole school, and you only talk about your friends? Great way to alienate everyone else. Jesus they need to get off their high horse and realize that there were other ppl in that auditorium that didn't give two shits about their silly ass hall. Can't believe the staff didn't stop her....
Jan 29, 2014 1:27 AM
Aug 2007
It was definitely a bit self-centered to be talking about just your own friends and memories during a graduation speech, but to be honest I didn't care because it was excellent.. that is how you make an emotional episode. It didn't feel forced like in the previous few episodes. Definitely invoked those bittersweet memories..

I agree that it is one of the best graduation scenes I've seen in anime.

10/10 episode.
Feb 6, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2013
Oh.. i cried so much... that speech...
Mar 5, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
Goddamnit Misaki, why did you had to make such an emotionnal speech, I had to stop the video to get the kleenex :')

Fuck the authority!

Ryuunosuke being a badass tsundere as always. I thought he would talk about the ''conspiration'' behind the destruction, but it would have been anticlimatic.

I was a bit cynical and thought that maybe even with all their effort, maybe Sakurasou would still have been destroyed, but from the next episode title, it look like Sorata gang will welcome their new kouhai :)
But it will feel a bit empty without Misaki, Jin and also Nanami - NANAMIIIIIII!!! :'( - since she was suppose to quit Sui if she failed her audition...

Anyway, way to end a show. I think I'll have the anime blues...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 30, 2014 3:58 PM
Dec 2012
I cried so much, haven't happened in a while from an anime
Apr 11, 2014 1:06 AM
Aug 2013
I love that speech!
Damn it i really like this show and so far im really sad that it will end soon :(
Apr 28, 2014 12:17 PM
Jun 2013
i did NOT cry on this episode and i definitely did NOT got jealous cause of their bonds... oh what the heck! its the total opposite! i was crying during the entire graduation ceremony,and that speech was AMAZING! the song-no matter how childish it may seem it touch my heart and it may even be become one of my fav songs! their goodbye's to each other! and that painting *o* sigh how i wish i can find someone who i can share those kinds of bonds,friendship with.
May 12, 2014 12:18 AM

Jun 2011
guybye said:
I don't get how everyone here felt like crying...

imo it was the worst episode, it felt so forced and it was so predictable and generic that it just turned out to be pathetic...

Maybe it's because of the effect of reminiscence, it usually works.
Cupquake said:
That wS retarded. You give a speech to the whole school, and you only talk about your friends? Great way to alienate everyone else. Jesus they need to get off their high horse and realize that there were other ppl in that auditorium that didn't give two shits about their silly ass hall. Can't believe the staff didn't stop her....

LOLOL so true, that's the typical speech though, it felt like "try harder to pump out more feels" to me, which it somewhat succeed but can't help but feel it was cheesy as hell.

LOL @ Sorata with the mike, he just fucking made and ruined the episode at the same time, if that makes sense. In this type of anime, it often shows students are wittier than their educators. Lol.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 13, 2014 8:14 PM

Feb 2013
I cried during Misaki's speech. That scene felt like it was the graduation scene from Angel Beats. T__T
I'm lying if I say that I didn't think that it sounded self-centred but all speeches are like that. The speaker only talks about his/her life and all the people in it.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 2, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode,i'm still in tears.It was so fantastic that i can't say my thoughts about it.
Why do i always feel sad when one of the episodes of the anime that i like have a graduation episode?Maybe thats because i'm in my last year of school and even saying that school sucks i still love it and will miss it :)
Misaki speech <3 No words,i don't even know what to say in moments like this,i cried so hard but they were tears of happiness.From the beginning i liked her so much,she is a very simple girl and very cute,she is just different....as we all are.Jin is a great guy,he was the best friend for Sorata all this time :D Shiina & Ayamo <3 are lovely girls with good friends ;)
Ryuunose in the end ahaha even he cried,that was a difficult moment to resist,Rita cried too xD I hope they stay together.
They changed the opinion of the school director to not demolish Sakurasou,because the students voted agains it because it was impossible to not get touched in the heart with that Misaki speech.They were so freaked after everyone turned agains them even the president of the student council (friend of Jin,i just don't remember his name),was agains it,he even said he was jealous to see how much they love eachother and all the fun they have there.
So Sakurasou was originally build for the students that like art so they could develop their love for art more without being criticized by the society,wow.
Again thanks Misaki for that amazing speech that made me cry <3
I simply loved so much this anime :D

10/10 :)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 3, 2014 1:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I find anime graduations more emotional than real life high school graduations. I'd rather have Misaki give the speech at graduation just to take in all the beautiful moments with me.

Aww Ryuunosuke x Rita scene was cute. They both blushed as well.

Wouldn't a staff putting their hands on a student be considered physical assault? I mean the guy knocked Sorata down, got on top of him, covered his mouth rather than asking Sorata nicely to get off the stage. If I had a son and a staff or teacher put their hands on him or her in a violent/physical way, they will wake up at the hospital with their arms broken.

Jun 9, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
Another reason why I love Misaki. Strongest female character in the entire show, along with Aoyama.
Jun 9, 2014 4:21 PM

May 2014
Started off to be what would have been a great tearjerker, but then it became somewhat cheesy. But, hey, it did squeeze some tears out of me, so who am I to complain? Could have been less cheesy, Misaki didn't have to make the speech so personal to the point where she singles out who her friends are, could have just said "people at Sakurasou". Singling out her friends and thanking them leaves the audience feeling like a third wheel.
4/5
Jul 5, 2014 5:47 AM
Dec 2012
Such a heart warming episode - I was tearing up!
Jul 7, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
What an episode. Miisaki is the greatest character, and her speech had me crying for a full five minutes. SO so sweet ughhhh this was one of the best graduation scenes ever done in an anime

Jul 11, 2014 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
Jesus christ, I've been crying for 3 whole episodes now.

This show, the feels :(
Jul 11, 2014 9:48 AM

Nov 2013
That was the best ceremony speech I'ver ever watched! Tears just flowed during the whole episode.
"Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall..."
Three circles make a triangle ▲, four a square ■ and five a star ★
Click the circles
...to the beat

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Hotchy.gif

[center]

Jul 13, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2014
Aaaw man never cried so many tears of joy. What a fantastic episode, and a great speech from Misaki! Only one more episode left...
Jul 14, 2014 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
omg. i cried so much! i was sobbing! seriously i haven't cried like this with books or anime in a while.

but it sure was nostalgic, brought me back to the days i was in highschool. i wonder if it'll be the same when i end college...
Aug 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Jun 2014
Absolutely the best graduation speech, I was bawling.

I love Misaki and was so happy she got to speak.

The strong bonds between everyone and their friendships are so evident in this episode too, which was so much more than just satisfying.
Aug 7, 2014 11:31 PM

Apr 2011
Been awhile since a almost cry over an anime. The backgound music get me everytime, great episode
Aug 11, 2014 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
This episode gave me goosebumps, and put me on the verge of crying.

Not a lot of anime can do that to me.

5/5
Aug 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Apr 2014
I watched this anime months ago, but Misaki's speech is still one of the best things I've ever seen in an anime, and Misaki is the best anime girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2014 6:47 PM
Jul 2014
I can't think of anything that has made me cry so much since I read Katawa Shoujo. I Can't wait to watch the last episode; I must watch it now!
Sep 24, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
Maaaaaaaaaan. This anime is so good.

I cried so many manly tears all throughout the episode. My girlfriend will never let me live this down after seeing me in my emotional wreck afterwards.

5/5. Best graduation speech/episode of all time.
Nov 21, 2014 5:47 PM

May 2009
I don't think there was a moment of this episode where my cheeks weren't wet. I remember logically thinking to myself "Wow, she's really taking this speech just for herself and her friends" but the other half of my brain was just like "Ehrmahgerrd it's beautiful! Pure love and friendship! Waaaaah!".
Nov 30, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2014
2 much recap, it's great how she is remembering all the great memories that only involved 7 of the entire school. As a speech representing the graduating class, I'm disappointed.

Dec 7, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2014
Man, I did shed some tears. Not for the first time in the last episodes. This show is great really, and got very emotional in the last few eps.

Nice episode, loved the speech, especially the part about Ryuunosuke and Rita being together, I hope it does turn out this way, heh :3
Dec 27, 2014 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
Everyone crying at a graduation ceremony. Wtf Nihon.
Meh, this series is seriously dropping in quality in the second half.
Jan 4, 2015 6:01 PM
Aug 2014
God i hate sentimental bullshit, was so hard to watch.. worst episode for me.
Jan 23, 2015 2:27 PM
Nov 2013
The speech part was awesome. It felt a bit forced that the graduation speech of the class only included two people of the class, while the rest is four kouhais and one teacher, but it was really good anyhow so I liked it.

What happened AFTER was extremely cheesy, and I'm not talking about the voting but rather the elementary school graduation song. Unnecessary. Very good episode though.
Apr 2, 2015 5:22 AM

Sep 2014
Awesome speech.. I love it.

I Liked to hear 1st OP Theme :)
Apr 2, 2015 11:19 PM
Jun 2012
Damn, i was tearing up when Misaki made her speech. So touching T^T

But those faculty members are such assholes >_<
Apr 18, 2015 12:16 PM

Jan 2010
Politics and personal interests of those in power. A thunderous response from the student body. Crying everywhere. It feels like this show is overdoing it.
May 16, 2015 5:00 PM

Aug 2009
i came here for the lol, not for the feels!

fucking speech, wild feels outta nowhere, glad i had fucking tissues nearby

gj council prez

lol the old teacher near principal

glad theres 1 more ep to make a even better closure
May 20, 2015 10:22 PM

May 2014
Seriously, the best episode of any series I've ever watched. If there was ever a point I wasn't sure if this was my favorite anime of all time, this would reassure that it was. Watching this a second time almost a year later, knowing what was coming, I somehow ended up crying even more than last time. Nothing else has come close to filling me with emotions this powerful, honestly.
Jul 5, 2015 12:58 PM
Apr 2015
This episode had some comedic goldnuggets.

But apart from that the Misaki's final speech to Sorata (not the whole one, got mixed feelings) was really touching, it would make a great ending.
Sep 1, 2015 11:22 AM

Jun 2009
easily the best episode of the series.
Sep 1, 2015 5:51 PM

Mar 2014
Holy crap I didn't expect to get attached to these characters so much, was tearing up with that song at the end :c

Wouldn't mind a nice romantic conclusion especially with Nanami x Sorata but something tells me that's not gonna' happen.

Damn, never expected so much emotion when I began this show but it's been such a nice ride.
Trash mammal
Sep 29, 2015 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
Beautiful episode. Would've been a perfect last one, wonder what will happen in the actual last one.
Oct 5, 2015 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that speech! What a cheap way of trying to force tears out of your audience. Maybe if I actually gave two shits about annoying hyperactive Misaki then I would have enjoyed it.

I just cringed throughout the whole thing and started laughing when I saw the reactions of the students that they were actually crying from her speech, even though she was just talking about herself and her friends. It's not like they could see the flashbacks... And of course Kanda has to start screaming like stfu no-one cares. I thought that this series was going to focus mainly on Shiina and Sorata's relationship, but these shitty side characters are taking up more screen time than them. And now there's only one episode to deal with Shiina x Sorata. Even if I see a kiss I won't give a crap because you have to have a decent build-up to it. Reducing score to 6/10. This episode was almost as bad as the shit-fest that was "Bokura wa Minna Kawaiisou".
ittou_shuraOct 5, 2015 5:53 PM
Nov 3, 2015 11:35 PM

Jun 2015
Guooo that speech, it really makes me cry T-T, 10/5 to this episode
Nov 23, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2011
Graduation ceremonies in anime are always so sad.
Dec 2, 2015 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
This episode made me cry but it felt good it was a wonderfull episode
Dec 13, 2015 2:46 AM

Dec 2015
I was ok until Aoyama started talking
Apr 21, 2016 6:17 PM
May 2010
so they were collecting signatures for 3 episodes and couldn't get 2/3 of students to sign the petition and suddenly whole school is cheering for them? yeah whatever...this could have been a great series but that ending killed it for me, really dissapointed
May 24, 2016 3:58 AM

Jul 2013
If this was a realistic situation someone would have shouted Misaki to shut the fuck up halfway.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

640 by MrChopper07 »»
May 8, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.