Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2013 7:02 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NOSEBLEED
Mar 10, 2013 7:51 AM

Sep 2012
Mandatory onsen / swimsuit episode comes in the training camp format. Time to see how our girls nurture bonding inside the team and check out each unique character! As the title says, "Senpai forbidden" - no more senpai or kouhai, just team-mates on equal basis!

Next episode is the Live episode. It's gonna be great !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 10, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
Nico is a pretty good cook and it's nice the group members are going to be treated as equals now.

Whatever you do do not wake Umi from her slumber, she's scary when woken up prematurely.

The concert episode so soon, I hope it turns out great.

Mar 10, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2011
The pillow fight was the highlight this episode.

I lol at Honoka, secretly eating snacks on the bed.

Umi-chan, kowai!

Next episode is going to be epic. Their costumes look awesome and their performing on the rain.

I wonder what Maki and Nozomi are talking about? I guess I'll wait for the subs till then.
MagitoMar 10, 2013 10:09 AM
Mar 10, 2013 11:48 AM

Jul 2010
Fun episode to watch.
Mar 10, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
The concert costume looks like from BiBi ones
Mar 10, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2007
Ahhh I'm so disappointed in this show. This episode and the one before it were SO bland, cliche and predictable. I really hope in the next episode the writing isn't this lazy. I loved this show in the beginning, I feel as if it's lost some of its heart :C

Mar 10, 2013 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
Really? Well That was a Cute Episode I guess not much to say about it besides friendship bonding.

Altho I really hope they just dont rush the ending, I wouldnt mind if this extended this series for the next season but from the preview it looks like they are gonna rush it lol.
Mar 10, 2013 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
I love episodes like these!!! I really really enjoyed this one. :)
Mar 10, 2013 10:04 PM

May 2011
Very slice of lifey episode. Always nice to watch. ^^
Mar 10, 2013 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
Yup, the inevitable beach episode.

Mar 10, 2013 10:45 PM

May 2011
Stark700 said:

They don't always happen.
Mar 10, 2013 10:48 PM
Sep 2012
They put the mandatory beach, onsen and pillow fight episodes in one episode -- LOVE IT!

It's always funny how Umi is always so serious about everything (like training) and how everyone else runs away to have fun. I would have run away too if I had to go through a workout like that day after day. All the girls playing in the water with their bikinis was so cute and it was funny how Umi was so shy as Nozomi was recording everyone having fun at the beach.

Poor Niko sure can't get a break in this show. Everyone thinks of her as a little kid, she out shined by everyone else and she gets hit by by those pillows. LOL @ her facial beauty treatment. If there was a lesson to be learned in this episode it would be: Don't mess with a sleeping Umi or you'll face an angry demon.

Next week, the long awaited performance.
Mar 10, 2013 10:49 PM
Sep 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Stark700 said:

They don't always happen.
They happen often enough.
Mar 10, 2013 11:51 PM
Nov 2012
Next episode looks serious,
Pillow fight scene was good.
Mar 10, 2013 11:57 PM

Feb 2012
Beach ep, fuck yea. 100% approved.
Mar 11, 2013 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
happyhellhound said:
Ahhh I'm so disappointed in this show. This episode and the one before it were SO bland, cliche and predictable. I really hope in the next episode the writing isn't this lazy. I loved this show in the beginning, I feel as if it'slost some of its heart :C

I have to disagree. I think you might have felt that way because the show simmers down into slice of life with group interaction instead of that incredible energy from Honola's push in earlier episodes. However, changing of pace is inevitable since the group just newly formed and they have to straighten-out internal dynamics, relationships, and some members' problem before moving on to the big stage.

Instead of Honoka running the show, now we have Eri, Maki, Kotori, and Nozomi, whose contributions were not apparent before, shines. Not only expanding in width, the show also increases in depth for several characters, especially Kotori, and Maki. This is so that we are able to recognize μ both as a group, and a collection of individuals with different goals and feelings.

Moreover, this is an attempt the get further away from one-dimensional anime tropes such as Tsundere, Moeblobs, Kuudere and the likes, by portraying characters closer to real life. Bonds and friendships are built up with heartwarming depth

So yea, for me, this shows turn out even more wonderful, and with a lot of hearts
ThangLongMar 11, 2013 12:38 AM
Mar 11, 2013 12:45 AM

Sep 2012
^ I have to agree with you, ThangLong. The show has A LOT OF HEARTS and this includes this episode too. This episode is predictable only if you define predictability in a very general term. In hindsight of course anyone can say it is predictable, but I wonder if happyhellhound could have predicted that Maki was the only one acting apart and unkeen regarding others, for example, which is one big theme in this episode. Or could he have predicted that pillow fight featured so much in this episode before he saw it. Or could he have predicted that actually Niko is so good at cooking. Or Umi is the one who is not to be disturbed for her sleep. New revelations abound and as ThangLong said this time we have other girls not Honoka or Eri being the focus.

It is easy to dismiss a show or an episode "predictable" when you have hindsight and selective bias.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 11, 2013 12:47 AM

Nov 2011
I'm left impressed, be it a beach episode they really kept the fanservice to a minimum, this ep was however more of trying to get Maki to open up to everyone.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 11, 2013 1:21 AM

Jan 2013
Just such an adorable episode.
5/5
Mar 11, 2013 2:52 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I wanna try some of Nico's cooking! :) No more senpai/kouhai relationships. They're all equals now.

Oh, and what a fun fun fun pillow fight! <3 I enjoyed every second of it! :'D

Whoa! I can't wait to watch their performance next week!
Mar 11, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2010
Eri and Maki this episode. Omg. Plus Eri with her hair down. HHHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGG.

Nice ep.
Mar 11, 2013 8:36 AM

Jan 2011
This isn't my kinda thing, although I did know that prior to starting this.
It's pretty enjoyable though, but it's starting to feel repetitive right now.
Hopefully something interesting will happen in the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 11, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
I loved this episode! Great to see everyone bonding, especially Maki opening up to the group. Nozomi seems to really like Maki and vice versa. Rin is so cute with her love for Kayochin! Looking forward to what looks like a performance next episode.
Mar 11, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2010
Beach Episode.... Yay....

No Insert Song.... :(

4/5
Mar 11, 2013 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
Holy shit, this was such a good camping/beach/training/vacation episode. Seeing all the characters being informal and friendly(or at least tried to ) really shows how much they have developed, especially Ellie and Maki in my opinion.

And that pillow fight...one of the best ones I've seen from an anime in a while.
Mar 11, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Aww I loved this episode. The pillow fight was hilarious. Specially when they woke Umi up. :D
Mar 11, 2013 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
Umi is scary.
Mar 11, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
Maki was, still is, and likely will be my favorite character from this series ^^
5/5.

Mar 11, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2011
NOZOMI'S VOICE SEEMED WAY TOO DIFFERENT . MASAKA , THEY CHANGED THE VOICE ACTOR ?
Mar 11, 2013 4:24 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Never would have guessed Nico would have been both willing and able to cook for the group, and it looks like she basically chased the others out of the kitchen to have it to herself.
Mar 11, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
I, Love, This, Anime......no other words..
Mar 11, 2013 8:20 PM

Apr 2011
Thank goodness subs came out a bit faster than before.

Maki's family sure is wealth. I think Eri is possibly rich as well. Anyway, beach scene is great! Good to see them in swimsuits. Eri's ass shot at the start is awesome. Thought, Honoka and Eri's top and bottom bikini do not match. I laugh at how the others never thought of Nico as a upperclassman. Nozomi even thought of her as a mascot. I burst out laughing. I'm surprise Nico knows how to cook. It adds more cute points to her.

On a bit of serious part. Nozomi really cares about the team as early as Honoka, Kotori, and Umi started forming the team which gave some good development and knowing more about her. And also Maki's development is here too thanks to Nozomi. Trying to help her become more close to the team and avoid falling behind them. I wonder who Nozomi think resembles Maki which I can guess is Eri. About Eri, well she is a beauty with her ponytail but even more when she let her hair down, which I want to see more.

The most fun and entertaining part was the pillow scene. Umi is a demon disturbing her sleep. Knocking out Nico, Honoka, and Eri. Umi is so accurate at archery, shooting darts, and shooting pillows at supersonic speeds. Thankfully, Maki and Nozomi shot her down and went back to sleep before she can wreck further havoc.

Phew...

I'm really, really having so much fun this episode! I'm excited to see their performance next episode!

Ahh...the lack of Arisa-chan this episode. :(

Anyway, I'm watching this episode again when I get back home.

Gawd, How I love this anime sooooo...much! XD
Mar 11, 2013 9:14 PM

Jul 2009
dafaq is harasho

but holy shit. these chars are so amazing. nozomi, honoka, eri, they are all so distinct and contribute to what make u's so special
Mar 11, 2013 9:43 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
It is easy to dismiss a show or an episode "predictable" when you have hindsight and selective bias.
You could also say that this show isn't trying to be original - all it's try to do is to hit all the right spots and make a fun, heartwarming show.
Mar 11, 2013 10:04 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
symbv said:
You could also say that this show isn't trying to be original - all it's try to do is to hit all the right spots and make a fun, heartwarming show.
Which is fine and we do not need every anime to be full of originality. Personally I don't mind an anime being generic or full of tropes - at the end it is how it is executed and presented that is most important. And this is where Love Live shines.

Mar 11, 2013 10:59 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
symbv said:
Which is fine and we do not need every anime to be full of originality. Personally I don't mind an anime being generic or full of tropes - at the end it is how it is executed and presented that is most important. And this is where Love Live shines.
It's not like every other show out there is original either. Nearly all of the shows airing right now have things done before, but as long as they're really well made and the characters are interesting and fun to watch -- I could care less and I'll enjoy every minute of it.
IconicMar 11, 2013 11:02 PM
Mar 11, 2013 11:06 PM

Sep 2012
According to Twitter by Jukki Hanada (Series Composition for this anime) you can find hint about this episode from the front jacket of the latest single from Love Live (Wonderzone). See if you find it?

Hint:

Mar 11, 2013 11:21 PM
Sep 2012
^ Nozomi pointing at Maki for being a party-pooper. LOL
Mar 12, 2013 2:28 AM

Jun 2008
Bonding episode. It felt slightly boring but the good stuff comes next week so it was like a pause before the big event.
Mar 12, 2013 8:16 AM

Apr 2011
I like how Nozomi is the mother figure of the group. Ever since the group was formed, she was always watching them, supporting them, advising them when they needed it, and genuinely cares for everyone. :)
Mar 12, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
symbv said:
According to Twitter by Jukki Hanada (Series Composition for this anime) you can find hint about this episode from the front jacket of the latest single from Love Live (Wonderzone). See if you find it?

Hint:
Nice find.
Mar 12, 2013 4:40 PM
Jan 2013
in this episode eri-chan keeps saying "harasho", do any of you know what that means?
Mar 12, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2011
Nico-senpai XD
Mar 12, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
Isybel said:
in this episode eri-chan keeps saying "harasho", do any of you know what that means?

i think harasho means thanks in russian

I Love ERI!!
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Mar 12, 2013 6:24 PM

Nov 2010
-Fuji- said:
Isybel said:

I Love ERI!!

Wouldn't the meaning of harasho = хорошо be fine/okay/good?
Mar 12, 2013 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
kuroikishi said:
-Fuji- said:
Isybel said:

I Love ERI!!

Wouldn't the meaning of harasho = хорошо be fine/okay/good?
Yeah, I think that's it.

And I've just realized that FFF spells Niko's name "Nico." Does anyone know why?
Mar 12, 2013 10:04 PM

Dec 2012
destructo22 said:

And I've just realized that FFF spells Niko's name "Nico." Does anyone know why?

It's another way of Romaji I guess. Although written differently, "k" and "c" are pronounced the same, just like " Seiyu" and "Seiyuu."
Mar 13, 2013 1:53 AM

Sep 2012
Watching the episode a few times (FOUR times in fact) got me notice a few more things:

- The beach scene looks familiar to me, and only later did I realize the idea is that Nozomi and Eri were filming the PV for Muse's 3rd Single "Natsu-iro Egao de 1,2 Jump". The part of Nikoni grabbing the watermelon before Kayochin could smash it is clearly taken from the PV (check 2:48 in the PV below)

- The 3 Baka (Nikoni, Honoka, Rin), who had to retake exam earlier in the series, are also the 3 shown to be most want to play. Only the three wear swimsuit when the girls came to listen to Umi about the training plan. Only those three rushed to roll around on the futon bed when they came out of the bath.

- Umi's "supersonic pillow" is indeed "deathly". I counted she struck down Honoka, Eri, Niko and all the subsequent scenes before the next morning we never see those 3 again as if they were indeed knocked out LOL

- Comparing the location of the girls before the pillow fight and where they are the next morning, I notice that Umi actually stays at the same location where she was "knocked down" by Nozomi and Maki with pillows. On the other hand, Nozomi seems to have switched from a place to the left of Maki to a place next to Niko.

- LOL Niko
symbvMar 13, 2013 1:59 AM

Mar 13, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
I lol at Umi's scary face. It's like it came out from a horror scene XD

Scary Umi-chan is scary! 0_o;
MagitoMar 13, 2013 6:52 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.