Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's pretty clear that Miya's call to Rei a few episodes ago was actually her trying to keep Rei away from Nanako. For whatever reason she seems obsessed with Nanako and I suspect it'll be interesting to find out why.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 4, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2010
I've never seen the old "tricked into being locked in a room" thing be so thoroughly telegraphed.

The manga's quite old, so could it even have invented it?
Mar 3, 2014 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
Kaoru no Kimi to the rescue!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 27, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2013
dang it i didn't scroll down the episode list from where i was watching it and i thought there were only 20 episodes T.T well then

tbh i don't ship rei and nanako is there something wrong with me?

oh my gurd so much more to watch oh my gurd
Apr 8, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2010
I knew Miya would lock her in the storage room. Wonder why she is doing these kinds of things to Nanako?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 20, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2014
Roloko said:
I knew Miya would lock her in the storage room. Wonder why she is doing these kinds of things to Nanako?
Because she's a selfish psycho. Here I thought Mariko was the only psycho in the series lol. I still prefer Mariko over Miya though
Jul 18, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2010
After this ep it is clear that Miya is not so much after Nanako, but rather her brother...

But I seriously can't believe that our main heroine doesn't even suspect her, she was acting all weird before, she was the one who told her to go into that storage room and made her promise not to tell anyone about that... How naive can you be?!
She was lucky that Kaoru came to her rescue.

Oh well, halfway through the series already. Pretty good, but it's dragging quite a bit, I can't watch more than 2-3 episodes per day, even though I'm enjoying it.
Jun 22, 2017 2:55 AM
Aug 2014
Didn't expect Fukiko to try and delay Nanoko by actually locking her up in a basement.

Looks like reverse-psychology works quite well on Mariko.
Jul 13, 2017 12:42 AM

May 2015
What made this episode for me was Nanako hearing the footsteps on the other side of the locked door. I've never seen this happen before. Usually when the door closes and locks, the trapped character doesn't hear anything beyond the door. But in this episode, I was amazed when Nanako heard the footsteps walking away. It gives that bit of an ominous horror element that someone definitely locked her in.
Dec 24, 2018 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
what a manipulative jealous thot that jojo faced croissant hair girl was. on top of that shes ugly af and locks people in like wtf. and who keeps such a "highly valuable" teaset in a dusty old basement full of junk? what even are red flags nanako?
Sep 18, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2015
Man I can't even remember who I talked to a few hour ago but Miya over here having a crush on Henmi since gradeschool without having seen him barely remembering her. Miya really is one manipulative petty psycho for locking Nanako up though not unexpected considering everything she has done up until now

Nov 19, 2020 10:51 PM
Apr 2016
I, for one, started vehemently laughing when Fukiko got the call and slammed the key to the ground! The possessive genuine-Satella had her plans ruined, and it was great!
Mar 14, 2021 12:16 PM
Aug 2018
Why is Nanako so gullible. She keeps getting herself into trouble.

She simply could have said that she doesn't have time in the morning. Say you want to sleep in and have breakfast with your parents or something like that.
Let Fukiko drink tea by herself.

And she acts quiet stupid from time to time. A door with a latch and padlock that locks from the outside.
Who with a right mind would walk inside and leave both key and padlock out there?
Sure, you wouldn't suspect malicious intent from anyone, but you should still either close the lock and take the key or take the whole lock with you.

I still don't get why she even joined the Sorority in the first place. Except of the one time where they studied together and that birthday party, they do nothing significant together. I don't really see the benefit of being in there.
She should have joined the baking club instead. (And have we ever seen her go to the flower arrangement club?)
tr25a3Mar 14, 2021 12:38 PM
Dec 30, 2021 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
Mya-sama's schemes reached the next level or it's rather said a low blow, especially from her. What a downfall if she's so desperate to resort to equally underhanded methods like Aya, the lawyers daughter from early episodes. Even baiting Nanako with the good ol Meissen Porzellan... This basically confirms that she's into onii-sama.

Also, Mariko's aversion for men is still as strong as ever. (another character trait you will see in shoujo series that were inspired by Oniisama e...)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2022 7:53 PM
May 2022
the rose cutting scene was sick asf
Aug 26, 2022 9:08 PM

Apr 2016
It was sooo frustrating to watch Nanako fall for Miya's plan, it's weird she's not even a little wary of her at this point but it made the ending sooo gratifying, when she got the call I was grinning as if my own evil plan had worked :D
Mar 5, 2023 10:25 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
lmao this reminds me of when I hid my ex's phone in my teens. I also sat there watching her struggle and suffer

Good times, Good times
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniisama e... Episode 5 Discussion

fanty - Nov 27, 2009

21 by Ten »»
Today, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 3 Discussion

thisiodfkln - May 1, 2011

19 by Ten »»
Yesterday, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 12 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Oct 1, 2011

31 by Swiggy »»
Apr 2, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 11 Discussion

xchee - Mar 3, 2014

16 by Swiggy »»
Apr 2, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Onii-sama e... Episode 8 Discussion

thisiodfkln - Jul 16, 2011

37 by Swiggy »»
Mar 31, 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.