Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Poor Kagari :(, guess he won't be around much anymore. The part with the brain kinda surprised me. But anyways, some nice explanations of the Sybil System. I think Kasei wants the system to exist forever? Hmm, I wonder how true that goal will become. I feel sorry for her though near the end there. Wow :o
Feb 14, 2013 8:22 AM

Dec 2009
wow~Makishima is kind of cool in this ep. I m starting to like him more and more now...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Feb 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
God I love Makishima more every time I hear him talk.
Feb 14, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2009
I have the bad feeling it's gonna be a nightmare from now on :O.
Thursday, come sooner! xD

Episode was awesome! I hope Makishima is alive because if he is dead it would be such a waste :(.
Feb 14, 2013 9:43 AM
Jan 2013
You need to watch after the credits man.

This episode was great. Now that we know what the Sybil System is I can see Makishima trying get Kogami on his side to bring it down.
Feb 14, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
I'm glad that the creepy Kasei got killed by Mikishima ^^ Makishima ftw!

Feb 14, 2013 9:52 AM

May 2010
This episode was really suprising.
Many revelations especially about the Chief.
I wasn't that suprised of what is inside the Sybil Core though. I expected something human had to be there.
I'm glad that the team doubts that Kagari ran away and I hope they will find out the truth soon.
And I was kind of glad when Makishima attacked the Chief with the book (this sounds so wrong) but afterwards it was ... The killing part was just disturbing.
Feb 14, 2013 9:53 AM
Dec 2012
Thrilling episode. The story was deep and thought-provoking. It questioned us which one is better (or preferable to the majority of humans), an anarchic and chaotic society or a restrained society controlled by a small number of elites (or superior beings). Kasei said Japan was one and only nation ruled by law in the world thanks to the Sybil system, which means all other nations were anarchic and lawless. It's kinda scary. To rely on the Sybil system is like to sell our soul to the devil? Is it a necessary evil? Is it better to restrain our freedom and humanity than to have a society with lots of endless crimes? It's a vexing dilemma and question to me.
Feb 14, 2013 10:05 AM

Nov 2009
Jlakay423 said:

I watched after the credits but i was overwhelmed and couldn't think xD.
Feb 14, 2013 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
:O epic episode
Feb 14, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Mind=blown.

Shogo is super awesome like always, wonder how he'll escape. Watching Sibyl System's true form and the way that Chief b!tch killed Choe and Kagari was painful. Probably Shinya and Tsunemori will also become targets for elimination if they stumble across evidence in the basement.
Feb 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
What is Sybil system - unsurprising revelation

Makishima - way too strong so he is the last boss after all I guess

The Chief - oh wait, gone so quick? that's surprising

And again we have the jacked-up gore and violence - guess Urobuchi just has to write some in
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 14, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, Kagari really is dead then. I did think he'd be dead, but couldn't accept it until I saw this episode.

So glad the chief has been killed, I really hated her, nice one Makishima, very brutal as well!

And now we know what the Sybil System really is too, looks like those who believed it could be made from human brains were right.

So, the weeks wait for the next episode begins...
Feb 14, 2013 10:43 AM
Aug 2011
So take the people that are frowned upon for being different and have them govern everyone else instead.

It was more satisfying than disturbing to me when Makishima twisting limbs and mauling the Chief.

This series makes the one week wait between episodes genuinely difficult for me, good job Psycho-Pass.

Jlakay423 said:

It was all good and serious but then there's Shougo creeping on Kougami.
Feb 14, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Explains a lot.

I'm rooting for Shougo lol. He's one of the best 'villains' I've seen in awhile.
Feb 14, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, this Episode was really good. I like where this is going.
Feb 14, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2010
Lol I saw this comeing. Very interesting but Makishima was too boring; I need to be in the field were the real game is played.

For a cyborg the chief was pretty weak or it just shows how bad to the bone Makishima is.
Feb 14, 2013 10:58 AM

Oct 2010
So it was literally brains in jars. I lolled.
Anyways, good episode, wonder where the show will go next.
Feb 14, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
I love makishima now. i thought it would take till the last episode for that Kasei b***h to pay for killing kagari but he proved me wrong. Thank you so much Makishima ^__^

also a great explanation for the sibyl system. another thing i thought would take forever or at least till 5-6 weeks xD
Feb 14, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2010
so the world is ran by psyco? ironic isnt it?
Feb 14, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2010
Epic Episode ! For the first time in the whole series of this anime i felt good abt shougo makishima's actions . Kagari avenged !!! Kasei b***h killed !!!
Me too thought that it was gonna take the last episode to kill her along with she killing the rest of MWPSB members who try investigating kagari's death in earlier episodes .
Feb 14, 2013 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
The explaination bored me out, but loved the rest!

4 out of 5 for me for this episode!
Feb 14, 2013 11:36 AM
Dec 2012
Hydnlife said:
so the world is ran by psyco? ironic isnt it?

Yeah sadly ran by psycho-ass though they justify themselves. Rulers can always make rules for their arrogant/selfish purpose no matter what they say in public.
Feb 14, 2013 11:43 AM
Oct 2011
You all forget that Kasai is a Cyborg and just one of the Brains in the Sybil System.. So she's not yet Death.
Feb 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Dec 2011
Okay. The Sibyl System is merely a machine. Just as dystopia as I expected.
I knew that Makishima won't give up without a fight. Can't wait to see how they will uncover the Sibyl System itself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2013 11:56 AM
Sep 2011
WTF?!

I KNEW IT!

The VA for Asahina Tomiko is the same VA of Jousei Kasei from Psycho-Pass...

This is... One hell of a coincidence.
Feb 14, 2013 11:56 AM

Dec 2012

Lol, guess whose brain not coming back for the meeting session?

The Chief mentioned 247 brains with only 200 needs to be in session at any given time, which means we will have to deal with 46 more chiefs (all were super criminals in their previous lives I may add). This makes for a very interesting showdown. Hopefully the next cyborg will have better improvements (Dominator body parts for example).

I'm really surprise that my ep 16 prediction actually fits to the tee with this episode, down to the reasoning:

ThangLong said:

I am thinking a massive number of human brains. Here are several reasons for my idea:
_The Sibyl system has to something so outrageous that just seeing a picture of it bring the end for its existence. A robot, or an alien would not do since that's what people of the country would expected, something supernatural. However, if the people see that they are just controlled by normal people like them, there is no way they will accept that.
_Guseong mentioned Sibyl computing power is greater then anything humanity has produced up to this point. Human's brain is a likely candidate since we are only using a tiny fraction of our brain capability. Thus it is not impossible Sibyl used human brains as its processor
_I was wondering for a long time how Sibyl recognizes human criminal tendency by using the simple brain scan. Would it be that scientists have already mapped our brain like they did our DNA, and understood what we are thinking based on the scans? What if it is using living samples of criminal brains? What if people developed Sibyl by gathering all the possible criminals and all the possible crime motives in one place, then use them as samples for the system to detect criminal intents? The reason Touma and Makishia can fool the system is because their situations have not been registered in Sibyl's sample bank yet. The Chief did mention that Touma will help "improve" the system maybe alluring to this fact.

Actually, it's kind of underwhelming seeing packaged brains like that, not something more dramatic like human with tubes in Mass Effect, but this will do. It shows once again Urobochi's ability to build a complete and logical story from beginning to end. Hopefully the anime keeps its momentum.

Unlike most people, I still don't see Makishima as some kind of admirable anti-hero. For me, both the Sybil system and Makishima are deplorable assholes who want control over the lesser humans. One seeks control to mimic god while the other seeks chaos for pleasure. It's a classic showdown between order and anarchy that our protagonists have been thrown into. The answer probably lies somewhere between the two extremes.
As for Makishima, he looks more and more like the Joker in Batman series every time I see him (enjoy people's suffering for amusement). Although, compare to the Joker, he is still a one-dimensional villain up to this point.
ThangLongMar 20, 2013 2:30 AM
Feb 14, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
I knew that's what Sybil will turn out to be (a collection of brains) but I couldn't predict the details (unique personalities...etc)

Anyway Makishima was soooooooo BA, totally felt euphoric when he was kicking that chiefs ass hahaha XD
Also when he suddenly appeared besides Shinya at the end was awesome hehe.

Totally can't wait to see what happens nxt...hope Shinya listens to Shougo and stops serving the sybil system :)
Feb 14, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2011
Getting better and better
Feb 14, 2013 12:13 PM

Jun 2012
Keichi-chan said:
You all forget that Kasai is a Cyborg and just one of the Brains in the Sybil System.. So she's not yet Death.

Well technically speaking there is no she, There is just the brain who was inside the body so touza (i think that was the name) is the one that got killed.

The sybil system was somewhat predicatable, still good though. I like makishima a lot and his voice actor just makes him even better.
jimbob1141Feb 14, 2013 12:16 PM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 14, 2013 12:20 PM
Jan 2013
another exhilarating ending ! this show has the best episode endings i have ever watched I was a bit disappoined first because i had already guessed that the sybil system would be made of human brains but at the end the author of the show cleverly showed that he was conscious of that by deriding this system and ridiculing its suppoed genius and omnipotence through makishima shougou's words and acts, literally smahing it ! i hope there is some foreshadowing in that
it's funny how yesterday our teacher was discussing the influence of Swift on George Orwell in a 1984 lecture and today i find shougou refering to him ! urobushi gen has really done a briliant work !
Feb 14, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2012
I found it very satisfying the way Makishima slowly killed the chief, she deserved it. Is she gone for good or can she just get a new body?
Feb 14, 2013 12:33 PM
Oct 2008
ThangLong said:

Unlike most people, I still don't see Makishima as some kind of admirable anti-hero. For me, both the Sybil system and Makishima are deplorable assholes who want control over the lesser humans. One seeks control to mimic god while the other seeks chaos for pleasure. It's a classic showdown between order and anarchy that our protagonists have been thrown into. The answer probably lies somewhere between the two extremes.

Excellent episode, but I agree with you 100%. I don't understand the vast amounts of praise Makishima and characters similar to him get. I'm still hoping that he gets what he deserves at the end regardless of the "good deed" he did in this episode by going to town on the chief.
Feb 14, 2013 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
rul said:
I found it very satisfying the way Makishima slowly killed the chief, she deserved it. Is she gone for good or can she just get a new body?

Her body is a cyborg so she can switch to the new one anytime. Only the brain is Touma and that individual was killed for good.
Feb 14, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2009
Redqueenrose said:
I'm still hoping that he gets what he deserves at the end regardless of the "good deed" he did in this episode by going to town on the chief.

I'm hoping, too, for our main guys to get what they deserve regardless of the "good deeds" they did from the very first episode and before that :) (with exception of Akane, of course).
Feb 14, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
bakuramariks said:
Redqueenrose said:
I'm still hoping that he gets what he deserves at the end regardless of the "good deed" he did in this episode by going to town on the chief.

I'm hoping, too, for our main guys to get what they deserve regardless of the "good deeds" they did from the very first episode :).

No worries, seeing that it's from Urobutcher, it's not hard to predict a scenario where Ko and Akane shooting at each other because of that Makishima dude (as the OP suggested). I have watched too many anime made by this guy to imagine otherwise.
Feb 14, 2013 12:50 PM

Aug 2010
So the theory that Sybil system contained brains was true. I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't my thoery of it being a more traumatizing view, but it makes sense that it's not because of the nature of the system.

And that Touma was the Chief police (Or a part of her to be correct) was something I did not expect.

The series gets better with each passing episode. I thought it would be better than good, but it might go even futher.
Feb 14, 2013 12:55 PM
Feb 2013
rather than a complex of psychopatic megalomaniac brains it would be more plausible think that Makshima would be used from the system to determinate differences in human cerebral waves between a criminal with a pyshco pass value of 0 and a innocent person with a value of 0, to improve the judgment elaboration.
Feb 14, 2013 1:04 PM
Aug 2012
Hmmm I don't mind the sybil system around it even enforce the REAL LAW!!!
People in terms are still people and not a cyborg

I'm still anti Makishma for using other people and the society as his toys
but overall good episode
Feb 14, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
nereus00 said:

-firstly you can't explain all the sibyll system in 15 fucking minutes on a single episode with a long monologue like that.

The overall on how the Sybil system operates and takes control of the entire society is given in all previous episodes. Its inherited flaws are also explored in great details. This episode only dived into the final piece of this mystery, what the system made of. I'm sure that future episodes will also give more details on the system.

nereus00 said:
-Secondly the explanation of brains is ridicolous, they didn't explained how fucking human brains can judje peaople without ever seen their actions. Do they read their brains or only acts by feeling? it's ridicolous.

Brain Scan can actually reveal what you are thinking by observing chemical maps of your brain and how it changes through time. Scanners of the future probably have the ability to see into the molecular level, which makes it even more accurate. Actions are not needed if you have human brain in your bank that experienced that change in emotion before. That's why you need a lot of samples to over all the basic scenarios.

nereus00 said:

And also 200 brains working parallel have far less computational capability than a supercomputer. Human brain hasn't been made for elaborating lot of datas but to elaborate complex one. And no, we use all our fucking brain, there aren't hidden parts or the evolution would make us to lose them...

It said in the episode that those brains work in conjunction with super computer system. The system refines that mountain of data and feeds it into the brains. They then analyze complex human cognitive thoughts that computers do not understand

nereus00 said:

Then I didn't understan why there is so easy violence on all characters showed like potential enemys like chief and why they are all psychopatic personalities. Old professors have a lot of knowledges and powers but that don't make them forcely monsters.

Well, this show named Psycho-Pass duh, so we should expect some real messed up people ;)
ThangLongFeb 14, 2013 1:54 PM
Feb 14, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 2012
What a great episode. The truth of the Sybil-System is finally revealed. I was pretty close in my assumption that the Sybil-System was really a bunch of people people who scanned the public. Didn't expect that it was really a bunch of brains of serial killers that the Sybil-System couldn't scan. I'm so happy that they didn't drag out what the Sybil-System was until the end and revealed to us the truth in the very next episode.

Poor Kagari. I guess we won't be seeing him anymore. Also, Makishima is still a BA. I liked how he took out the chief with a book and some quick moves. I'm glad to see that this isn't the end for him.

Wonder what he'll try again next time.
Feb 14, 2013 1:19 PM

Nov 2007
This anime! Just wow! #masterpiece.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
So the Sibyl System is composed between a mix of super computers and human brains that give the extra processing power... also the brains come from criminals who couldn't have been judged by Sibyl in the past in order to make itself stronger. Interesting and a nice way to link to some previous cases that happened.

The structure of this episode I definitely liked in how it was unique for an aftermath episode. Usually you see characters just reflecting on what just happened but here we got even more revelations about the world of Psycho Pass. LOL at the Chief(Touma Kouzaborou) for thinking he's hot shit because he can play "God" now only to get owned when trying to convince Shogo to be another cog in Sibyl. As Kagari has said, yes Shogo is douchebag criminal just like others but Sibyl is no better either especially after this week's revelation.

Also add another literary reference to the multitude that are obligatory spewed out every episode. Seriously Psycho Pass?....
Feb 14, 2013 1:27 PM

Oct 2012
So they are going to fight a bunch of brains now?
Feb 14, 2013 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
That's crazy. So the sibyl system was ran by a bunch of brains, but not just brains but apparently psycho paths that the sibyl system aren't able to judge..
Man, I can't help but love Shogoin this episode. It's like through the whole way I hated him, but here I was rooting for him the whole time.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 14, 2013 1:34 PM

May 2011
The sibyl system reminds me of the SAO brain memory factory place lol Anyways, Makishima looked like he was raping the cyborg lady haha ergg Kagari is dead TTATT also..that last scene creeped me out...is he gonna rape Kogami-san lol
Feb 14, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
At least there aren't any slugs.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 14, 2013 1:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that was a very exciting talk between Makishima and Touma. I didn't find it boring at all. But wow, the way Makishima destroyed the body was brutal. The extreme close up of the eye was semi-disturbing. Seriously, Makishima is pretty much a monster. Touma should've been more careful...but he thought Makishima was just like the rest of the members of sibyl system. Ha...how naive. But that last part after the credits...I seriously screamed when I saw Makishima appear next to Shinya. WTF. Talk about a scary hallucination/illusion o_O
Feb 14, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
A disturbing, yet well done episode. It started out kinda slow, but the talk between Makishima and Touma was well executed and I loved the nice citing of Gulliver's Travels by Makishima.

Well, we know that there is no chance of seeing Kagari ever again. Damn...I liked that guy...

Also, that ending...this show never fails to keep me on edge.
Ashen_MikoFeb 14, 2013 2:28 PM
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Feb 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
I have to say I never liked Makishima, but after this episode I changed my mind. I hope he destroys Sibyl system.

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.