Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2013 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
Funny and annoying how some people are talking bad about Judal and the typical "shonen cliches".
How about reading the manga instead?
Then again I guess it can't be helped since A-1 really did a poor adaption...

On topic: This episode was pretty good, but not great imo.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 24, 2013 5:07 AM

May 2013
How can alibaba still consider kassim whos a piece of shit for a person, to be his friend? after everything kassim did hes still hesitating to kill the guy when needed to, its weird and annoying and i dont understand him at all.
When alladin sama finally came i was like yay :3

overall its a very enjoyable episode
Feb 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
See this is why character narration is terrible, that masked guy is breaking up the flow and he's also breaking the 4th wall. They should have had a real narrator. This way, an outside entity talking to us wouldn't feel like they are forcibly pausing real-time story for a character to give us exposition.

So we got a LOT of powerups in the frame of 3 episodes, and still we're at a stalemate. Kassim now feels like a mix between the first Digimon boss and a Final Fantasy boss.
Not that good of an episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
Between Judal and Ali Baba this episode was almost unbearable.

The only character I can stand at this point is Morgiana.
Mar 27, 2014 3:51 AM

Mar 2008
OriginANIME said:
dg20 said:
Somehow I was expecting this to be a bit more epic but the anime kinda went for either really slow/still scenes and slow dramatic music. Kinda ruined Aladdin's entrance...

I actually agree with this.

Don't get me wrong, it was still good, just could have been better. Maybe the last episode set the bar way too high? xD

It's just A-1 sucking as usual.
So many sloppy faces, still scenes etc. they just can't animate shit.
I'm so sad they made a joke out of Magi.
May 24, 2014 1:56 AM

Aug 2013
GarLogan78 said:
Between Judal and Ali Baba this episode was almost unbearable.

The only character I can stand at this point is Morgiana.

Indeed. I almost hit the mute button tbh.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 15, 2014 1:13 AM

Nov 2011
Guys... Y da fuq is Kassim being evil for no apparent reason? Like, he doesn't really want to be king. He doesn't care about protecting the innocent. He doesn't care if he causes bloodshed for no apparent cause. Really? Curse my own fate? What's that about? I seriously don't get it. He's really not helping anything by making people feel depressed. As if he'll experience upward mobility by doing whatever the heck he is. Really, what's killing the monarchy going to do now? He's just hurting Alibaba's feelings; why? Probably because he developed some sadistic fetish as a child, I don't know. Someone needs to teach that boy a lesson =3=
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jun 20, 2014 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
Good stuff. Alladin is da boss.
Aug 18, 2014 2:48 AM

May 2013
Great episode, glad Aladdin returned! Crazy ending, hope we learn what exactly is "Solomon's wisdom". I hope the returning Judal gets beat again. Alibaba continues to gain my respect because of how hard he tries, I love that guy. Mor continues to impress me because of how caring she is to Alibaba, she's really changed since the beginning. Great episode!

Oct 19, 2014 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
So, going to guess that Aladdin is now supposedly OP after obtaining "Solomon's Wisdom" . . . But somehow even after obtaining it he won't actually be OP, they will just say he is OP =/
Dec 26, 2014 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
Aladdin's time to kick some ass, hope Judar gets another good beating.
Wonder how would the fight have gone if Sinbad had his tools.
Feb 11, 2015 3:02 AM
Aug 2014
That fight was rather boring and generic.
Feb 13, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2014
a decent episode, Judal is annoying and I also am struggling to understand all this dark and light stuff mixed with magic and wisdom.
Apr 4, 2015 2:27 PM
Jun 2013
Alladin came in like Goku during the Namek saga lol
Apr 25, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2013
These fights were a bit underwhelming compared to Judal's fight with Ugo in episode 10. These fights didn't have any tensity at all. It was just a lot of shouting and power-ups.

Alibaba sure has become a wimp. *sigh*

It was still a good episode, I just wish the fights were more intense.

7.25/10

May 4, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2012
I got something in my eye :')
Dec 8, 2015 4:47 AM

Jul 2008
Yay Aladdin is back but ugo...cmon Alibaba no time to groan now.
Dec 28, 2015 11:35 PM
Nov 2008
Not sure I can even make it through this episode. It's like A-1 got tired of following any plot and just started copying random shounen anime tropes.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime comes across as pretty generic and nonsensical (the fact that a random dude had to keep interrupting the fight to explain to the viewer what is happening in the fight is a red flag).

Plus Alibaba's character is pretty much relegated to being the "dumbfounded staring" guy that is usually played by some random person in the crowd, not one of the central characters in the show.

It probably wouldn't be so bad if the staring didn't happen while the people he is supposed to be saving are being systematically killed off right in front of him. He might not want be to king of a country, but he appears happy to be the king of watching his allies get killed.
GoronmonDec 28, 2015 11:39 PM
Jan 16, 2016 3:52 AM

Jan 2012
pt1 -- Alibaba is like a fairy tale princess, always in need of saving. If he'd just killed Kassim when he had the chance, he could've saved a lot more lives and avoided this whole battle altogether. I don't really understand why he spared him anyway, I get that they were friends when they were really little but since then, for the most part, Kassim was a complete d*ck to Alibaba and pretty much did nothing but use him.

Also it was Kassim who burnt down the palace and basically killed the previous king, which is the reason Alibaba abandoned the country and never took the throne. This ensured Ahbmad would become king and then go on to f*ck up the country. So not only was Kassim the reason the country was f*cked, he then decided to start a pointless war after the country is saved by Alibaba, because he maybe wants to be become king.

Some claim that Kassim was being influenced or controlled by Ithnan but I think that's only a possibility and to me it seemed like Kassim had a lot of free will for someone who was under hypnosis or whatever. Either way there was no good reason for Alibaba's actions, he literally disarmed himself, fell to his knees and begged Kassim to surrender, SO BAD! (and not in the good way)

pt2 -- Seriously Alibaba was just so useless this who time, it really annoys me because most of the other characters are really likable. I thought he was going to get better after confronting the Kou princess but when it comes to Kassim this guy is just pathetic. He literally gazed like a deer in headlights while Sinbad (who I thought would be able to handle this a little better than he did), Morg and the others were laid into like crash test dummies.

I thought at least Sinbad would be able to handle the situation better than he did, being the High King of the Seven Seas and all that. I think he relied on Alibaba way too much and they're probably trying to hold off showcasing his real power until later (at least I hope this is the case), kinda dumb but might be worth the wait, we'll see.
NekozzieJan 16, 2016 4:01 AM
Mar 4, 2016 3:18 AM

Jun 2013
The return of Judar and Aladdin. Sounds like a Disney movie.
臭い-
Mar 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
It is what every soft people weakness is .
Darkness corrupts but Light will shine in the end .
Had the chances for a one blazing swoop of Amon's sword but whatnot .
The only hope of Illumination . Transmutation of Magic .
Dakara .. There are Second Chances .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah this episode was kind of bad
Aug 13, 2016 3:44 PM
Aug 2013
Aladdin is back and as badass as ever.
Jan 26, 2017 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Kassim for sure was completely out of his mind. Morgiana had noch chance and wenn Judas appeared it seemed to be completely over. He managed to make Kassim as his own Djinn.

Alibaba was hesitating so much before, even when he had the chance to kill this Black Djinn.
And now his sword also broke in two halves.

Aladdins appearence was so epic. He looked so much stronger as before but even then he said he couldn't beat Judas. I hope they will explain what exactly Salomons wisdom is.

Can't also wait to see Sinbad if gets his Djinn vessels back and of course Alibaba and Aladdin vs. Judas :P
Natsu88Feb 4, 2017 11:34 PM

Feb 24, 2017 7:31 PM

Feb 2016
Good on you Ali, fighting hard, but nothing you do will erase your mistakes as useless king candidate who sent the country into a failed state, killed hundreds of thousands of people, let an incompetent king reign and a failure as an executor of justice of ending the life of a terrorist thief that used you again and again and is the cause of the country's complete demise and the reason you became an impoverished errand boy. Fk man, get some perspective. Aladdin you done fked up choosing this idiot with a heart of a lion.

Like another commenter said. Alidumdum is the reason I dislike the show.

Did I miss something, it's getting hard to support the good guys when we know next to nothing about the black rukh and their motivations.
Cloud_IllusionsFeb 24, 2017 7:38 PM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 27, 2017 9:19 PM

May 2009
Cabron said:
Funny and annoying how some people are talking bad about Judal and the typical "shonen cliches".
How about reading the manga instead?
Then again I guess it can't be helped since A-1 really did a poor adaption...

On topic: This episode was pretty good, but not great imo.

Is the manga less clichéd?

This episode was average. But the animation... I almost can't stand it being so bad. Like at least give us fluid fight scenes.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Feb 9, 2018 8:09 AM
Mar 2017
To be honest, I'm kinda pissed that they didn't kill Alibaba
Nov 24, 2018 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
I expected a bit more of Aladdin's new power, a bit disappointed. Now I hope that Sinbad will completely wreck Judal once he gets his items back, in the best case he'll even kill him for all the shit he has done.
Jul 24, 2019 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
FairyNyx said:
To be honest, I'm kinda pissed that they didn't kill Alibaba

and i am kinda pissed they didn't kill judar
Apr 12, 2020 12:21 PM

May 2018
big rip the fight turned into a slideshow
Aug 24, 2021 10:40 PM

Aug 2018
Nice to see those guys trying to return the weapons back to Sinbad!

Aladdin is back! and he has a new power!

Sep 26, 2021 11:11 AM
Aug 2017
Fuck I hate Alibaba. He's such a pussy and would rather see everyone die than to kill Kassim.
Feb 23, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
OMG AGAIN WITH THE STANDING AND WATCHING ALIBABA JUST DO IT 💀
Jun 16, 2022 7:52 AM

Dec 2007
wow, why this episode got so much hate?
is this because the episode ended with normal magi cliffhanger while the plot haven't changed much over the episode?

i agree this isn't the best magi episode, but it's not that bad.

though i must admit, that "rukh" gather at the end and the idea behind this system felt too much like DBZ "i need your power for spirit bomb!". lol
Aug 29, 2023 5:43 PM
Aug 2022
Sinbad savin his ass, Morgiana savin his ass, Aladin savin his ass while he's cryin like a little bitch.

Masrur the powerhouse is seriously underutilized here. He should also save his ass. 

And he broke djin's weapon, what an idiot. Team nato is unorganized and underage, I'm cheering for China from now on.
Nov 28, 2023 10:26 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to i-loathe-sasuke
Sinbad savin his ass, Morgiana savin his ass, Aladin savin his ass while he's cryin like a little bitch.

Masrur the powerhouse is seriously underutilized here. He should also save his ass. 

And he broke djin's weapon, what an idiot. Team nato is unorganized and underage, I'm cheering for China from now on.
@i-loathe-sasuke
Inb4 post gets edited for politics...
#TeamIsrael

--- (if it has to be mod edited please just remove this and the above I'll be on topic below) ---

Can people please be more understanding of Alibaba? He's a freaking teenager! And his enemy used to be his psuedo-brother! You gotta realize how much he used to love Kassim. If your childhood best friend suddenly became your enemy, wouldn't you feel conflicted? Kid's got a heart. And he's really trying. Look how much he's grown in such a short time.

That being said, Morgiana is still my favorite here. She fucking knocked a demon djinn out of the sky. With a kick. Like, u wot m8!? I love her so much 🥴

Also can Judaar please be like purified or something? We know he was good once and turned dark, so maybe just maybe he can be "cleansed" or something? I'd really like to see him with white or silver hair and a loving personality similar to Aladdin.
Nov 28, 2023 11:48 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to GearheadOtaku
@i-loathe-sasuke
Inb4 post gets edited for politics...
#TeamIsrael

--- (if it has to be mod edited please just remove this and the above I'll be on topic below) ---

Can people please be more understanding of Alibaba? He's a freaking teenager! And his enemy used to be his psuedo-brother! You gotta realize how much he used to love Kassim. If your childhood best friend suddenly became your enemy, wouldn't you feel conflicted? Kid's got a heart. And he's really trying. Look how much he's grown in such a short time.

That being said, Morgiana is still my favorite here. She fucking knocked a demon djinn out of the sky. With a kick. Like, u wot m8!? I love her so much 🥴

Also can Judaar please be like purified or something? We know he was good once and turned dark, so maybe just maybe he can be "cleansed" or something? I'd really like to see him with white or silver hair and a loving personality similar to Aladdin.
@GearheadOtaku

Lol i was referring sinbad alliance as nato and judar side as china. It wasnt meant for today's politics, which idc about.

Btw ok i understand alibaba from now on, no worries.
Nov 29, 2023 6:34 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to i-loathe-sasuke
@GearheadOtaku

Lol i was referring sinbad alliance as nato and judar side as china. It wasnt meant for today's politics, which idc about.

Btw ok i understand alibaba from now on, no worries.
@i-loathe-sasuke
Oh, I know you were. I just took the opportunity because I like politics. #Libertarian

Also I wasn't necessarily just aiming it at you, about Alibaba. This whole thread is littered with Alibaba hate lmao 🤣 and he's not my favorite character but he isn't my least favorite either.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.