Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2013 6:50 PM
Dec 2012
I want to join some other anime-centered forums, preferably large communities. Know any?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2013 6:51 PM
May 2012
You're on one.
Jan 11, 2013 6:53 PM
Jan 11, 2013 6:54 PM
Nov 2007
Narutofan is big but kinda sucks these days, here is probably the best
Jan 11, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2012
I heard

Don't quote me though, I just heard it from a little bird.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 11, 2013 6:55 PM
Dec 2012
Other than here, smartasses.
Jan 11, 2013 7:02 PM

Oct 2010
ForumSuki is a pretty decent anime forum.

But they don't have -Miyu- so you're better off here.
Jan 11, 2013 7:04 PM
May 2012
ReiSaya said:

Cmon, Did you REALLY not expect this? Haha
Jan 11, 2013 7:05 PM

May 2012
You only made 6 posts and you already looking for a different forum :O
Jan 11, 2013 7:06 PM
Nov 2010
Well my friend, I'm afraid you heard wrong.
Jan 11, 2013 7:06 PM
Nov 2007
JeremyA said:
ReiSaya said:

Cmon, Did you REALLY not expect this? Haha

still annoying, too many damn trolls these days
Jan 11, 2013 7:07 PM

Oct 2010
Mkayyy said:

He met you
Jan 11, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2012
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you
Nah i'm pretty sure its cos he met u and miyu :P
Jan 11, 2013 7:10 PM
May 2012
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you
Guys, be nice. "He's" a "she."

On a serious note, idk any other forums. I only read the title of the thread before. Gomeeennnn.
Jan 11, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
>Anime forums
>Good
Pick one
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 11, 2013 7:12 PM

Nov 2010
anime-planet and animedb are both anime list sites that have a forum, don't know how active they are though.
Jan 11, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2012
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

On a serious note, idk any other forums. I only read the title of the thread before. Gomeeennnn.

Blame Hyack for that, I just wen't with what he said.
Jan 11, 2013 7:13 PM

Oct 2010
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

Taku, mebbe I should be more stalkerish and check the profile out before picking a gender :/
Jan 11, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2012
Hyack said:
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

Taku, mebbe I should be more stalkerish and check the profile out before picking a gender :/

-WARNING- STALKER ALERT! -
Jan 11, 2013 7:22 PM
Nov 2007
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

why bother posting then?
Jan 11, 2013 7:28 PM

May 2012
moose1 said:
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

why bother posting then?
There was no need, the same way there was no need for your post and my post.
Jan 11, 2013 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
What's wrong with MAL?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 11, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2011
There are good anime forums?
Jan 11, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2009
this one is my favourite, ive tried crunchyroll..but it is composed of many young and immature people

this is personally my favourite
Jan 11, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2012
rkell48 said:
this one is my favourite, ive tried crunchyroll..but it is composed of many young and immature people

MAL isn't?
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Jan 11, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
MAL is full of plebs, so I can see why you want to leave.
Jan 11, 2013 10:47 PM

Jun 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
rkell48 said:

MAL isn't?

Most forums are from my experience.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 12, 2013 5:49 AM

May 2009
You better be off not joining any kind of forum.
Jan 12, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
This place isn't bad. Crazy maybe, but these are my kind of people. *prison snapshot* Bakabt I'm a member of but its system is screwy, as in I haven't been able to activate my forum account there, so can't speak much for it.

4 Chan is a riot..though I avoid it given the questionable sanity. There are a few others but I haven't posted on them/read them.
Jan 12, 2013 6:23 AM

Feb 2009
I am not on MAL to list anime I have any interest in.

I didn't come here for the forums that are no better than anything Google will offer when you type anime forum.

I'm only really here, because the 20+ club is a handful of friends that like to chat and it makes it a nice place to drop by periodically.

Does anyone really give a darn talking about anything at all with people that they really don't know?

I mean, I post in a few Casual Chat threads here at MAL occasionally, but, I don't really expect anything to ever come out of participating. No common ground. Most of you are teens that have almost no life experiences and likely will tire of anime in a couple of years and suffer what some call 'growing up' (you have my sympathies). Very few of you are old buggers like me.

I've been liking anime now since the mid 90s I guess. Longer than plenty of you have been breathing :)
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jan 12, 2013 6:36 AM
Jun 2012
-Miyu- said:
You're on one.

He said a "good" anime forum.
Jan 12, 2013 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
Lesley_Roberta said:

I didn't come here for the forums that are no better than anything Google will offer when you type anime forum.

I'm only really here, because the 20+ club is a handful of friends that like to chat and it makes it a nice place to drop by periodically.

Does anyone really give a darn talking about anything at all with people that they really don't know?

I mean, I post in a few Casual Chat threads here at MAL occasionally, but, I don't really expect anything to ever come out of participating. No common ground. Most of you are teens that have almost no life experiences and likely will tire of anime in a couple of years and suffer what some call 'growing up' (you have my sympathies). Very few of you are old buggers like me.

I've been liking anime now since the mid 90s I guess. Longer than plenty of you have been breathing :)

Do you have this post stored somewhere and you copy paste it?
Jan 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
Pff, I only come here for the the off-topic discussion. Nothing else on ANY anime forum is more entertaining than that.
"He's not dead, he's Katsura."
Jan 12, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
Define "good" OP.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
If we knew a good one, we'd already be there :P.
Jan 12, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2011
Lesley_Roberta said:

Wut? You're only two years older than me.

And you're not even 20 yet.
Jan 12, 2013 8:13 AM

Oct 2012
onedaysnotice said:
Lesley_Roberta said:

You made the same mistake I did when she proclaimed being really older than must of us from another post a few weeks ago. Just read her bio.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 12, 2013 8:19 AM

Jun 2011
Tavor said:
onedaysnotice said:
Lesley_Roberta said:

You made the same mistake I did when she proclaimed being really older than must of us from another post a few weeks ago. Just read her bio.

Oh. That clears things up then aha.
Jan 12, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
Pretty sure it's a he. Somewhere in his 40s or 50s. Always lamenting on about young people.

Well, I didn't read his bio anyways. Just from what I observed on the forums.
Jan 12, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2009
The old geezer striked again.
Jan 12, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2009
Bloodcalibur said:
rkell48 said:

MAL isn't?

never used to be, ive only recently come back to it
maybe it is now??
Jan 12, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2008
Tachii said:
Pretty sure it's a he. Somewhere in his 40s or 50s. Always lamenting on about young people.

Well, I didn't read his bio anyways. Just from what I observed on the forums.

It seems only few of us old Mal folks exist that know his legendary forum career.^_^
Jan 12, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
-Miyu- said:
Mkayyy said:
Hyack said:
Mkayyy said:

He met you

-WARNING- STALKER ALERT! -

Oh the irony..
Jan 12, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2011
23nv1 said:
TsukiKarui said:
http://bakabt.me/
BakaBT is quite large, though I can't vouch for anything as I don't have an account there myself.

The only other one I could name is 4chan's animu/mango board (4chan.org/a/) though I wouldn't call that much of a community @.@

Please don't go to /a/ op. I'm begging you. And if you do then lurk for at least a couple months before posting and never use emoticons.

/a/ is even worse than MAL anyway.
Jan 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2011
23nv1 said:
Narmy said:

No way. It's pretty bad, but it gets me pictures, it's funnier, the opinions are better, there's always an evangelion thread, etc. Also the discussions are more active. Plus MAL is shit.

Since when is /a/ funny? It's just memes and newfags and nonsense.
Jan 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Nov 2012
23nv1 said:
Narmy said:

No way. It's pretty bad, but it gets me pictures, it's funnier, the opinions are better, there's always an evangelion thread, etc. Also the discussions are more active. Plus MAL is shit.

I came to MAL from /a/ mainly so I could keep track of my anime. That being said I still use both sites, and they both have their pros/cons.
/a/ moves faster I feel like, see the same threads here everyday.

MrWhiteKniightJan 12, 2013 1:04 PM

Im a Devil's advocate. Its just too fun.
Running on borrowed time.

Jan 12, 2013 1:08 PM

May 2009
MrWhiteKniight said:
23nv1 said:
Narmy said:

I came to MAL from /a/ mainly so I could keep track of my anime. That being said I still use both sites, and they both have their pros/cons.
/a/ moves faster I feel like, see the same threads here everyday.

MAL isn't, the community is. You could say, this is the second? stepping stone towards embracing the otaku culture.

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Jan 12, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2012
Lesley_Roberta said:
Hmmm, so you've been watching anime since you were 4-6 years old. Good to know. Guess you totally beat me when I watched Ghost in the Shell back in 1998.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 12, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
Holybaptiser said:
Lesley_Roberta said:
Hmmm, so you've been watching anime since you were 4-6 years old. Good to know. Guess you totally beat me when I watched Ghost in the Shell back in 1998.
Read her/his bio, he/she's really 51.
Jan 12, 2013 1:36 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Holybaptiser said:
Lesley_Roberta said:
Read her/his bio, he/she's really 51.
The existence of Lesley_Roberta is more of a mindfuck than all of the mindfuck series out there. Too many inconsistencies on that profile.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

44 by Vampire_Lord »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
54 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.