Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 1, 2012 5:50 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new editor did sense that it's not done by himself. lol @ the editors of ex-salaryman and university girl.

Past life of Nanamine. He was lonely and made friends thanks to Kane to Chie and his father's money. Later new editor found out and forced to join.

Niizuma doesn't get interested in Nanamine. The pair's editor, too, sensed something weird (+ the pair accidentally said they are crushing him a+ the new editor's face).

A bit of Azuki practicing at the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Kazuya is all love dosey now after Yukiro accepted his feelings, lol.

Wonder how long Tooru can keep his shenanigans running before it overwhelms him.
Dec 1, 2012 9:44 PM
Jun 2010
I don't really get this arc. First off, Nanamine is in total chuu2byou mode, which is annoying (you're not some evil genius, ok kid?). Second, what he's doing is hardly shocking. It's certainly bad that he's taking credit for other people's ideas, but if his group is making good manga, what's the problem with writing as a group instead of an individual? It's not uncommon for movies, for example, to go through dozens of drafts, each one with different writers, until the final script is complete, at which point the story is tweaked further by storyboarding, the actual filming, and editing. It's a messy process, but if it makes the final product better, it's worth it. Manga is different from movies, but if the product is good, the editors ought to be completely OK with a large crew doing it (as long as it's not too expensive to pay them all). There is no reason to be appalled when an artist takes advice from others.
Dec 3, 2012 6:29 PM

Jan 2012
Nanamine will not go too far...
Dec 8, 2012 2:00 AM
Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are finally out!!! :D Nanamine bullying his editor! Honestly, with all the hype on his manga, all the more i wanna read it. Glad that Eiji wasn't impressed with Nanamine. Even though he said that Nanamine is Ashirogi Muto Version 2.0, he is a fan of the original Ashirogi Muto but doesnt acknowlege Nanamine..hehe..Hatori is pretty sharp. ;P and the cliffhanger at the end, even though nanamine sounds as good as in. Glad that Aoki got in!! *poor Hiramaru*

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 8, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2012
great ep, poor kosugi, nice eiji reaction. nanamine hate levels gonna be on the rise

bahahahaha
Dec 8, 2012 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
Nanamine's philosophy derives from Ashirogi Muto's first one shot.

Eiji knows something is off about Nanamine. I think he realizes that there writing style and artwork doesn't follow one trend... or something.

I feel bad for Newbie Editor Kosugi, he's stuck in the middle feeling as if his views are not important... hopefully Hattori or the rest of the Editor dept help him out.
Dec 8, 2012 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Kosugi.. First artist he gets hooked up with turns his job into a huge mess :( Not sure if i'l be digging this Nanamine arc. So far the series has done well with turning Characters that give off an Evil/selfish/unlikeable character at first glance, into really likeable characters. Lik Aoki, or Hiramaru. (specially hiramaru.. he is awesome)

Looking forward to episode 10, and not looking forward to this series ending.. its without a doubt one of my favorite series of this decade.
Dec 8, 2012 5:59 AM

May 2008
I was kinda hoping Kosugi would punch him in the face but oh well. Though it seems that it may be because of Ashirogi Muto that he became the person he is today .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 8, 2012 8:16 AM
Jan 2011
Man, somebody has to teach Nanamie some manners.

Whoa, Katou is back with the duo.
Nasty001Dec 8, 2012 8:46 AM
Dec 8, 2012 8:29 AM

Aug 2010
I'm surprised how much I'm liking Nananmine even though he's so hatable XD
His personality deriving from Ashirogi's first one shot was a nice touch imo.
Loved how Eijii doesn't care about his manga much...the dude is a genius :D

Didn't Hattori say Hiramaru shouldn't have a problem, while Aoki well have it tough?
But in the end Hiramaru got screwed lol...poor Hiramaru, hope he does better nxt time.

Also intersted in the new manga Takagi and Mashiro are gonna do.
Dec 8, 2012 9:26 AM
Mar 2011
eh, boring arc - this anime has been great, maybe my expectation is too high

they dont have his gf in the op anymore?
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 8, 2012 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
I love how Eiji is already suspecting something. I hope this asshole gets put in his place soon.
Dec 8, 2012 9:40 AM

Jun 2012
WHAT PEOPLE FEELING BAD FOR YUUKI KAJI!? JK :P

I guess Bakuman finally found a sub group! The wait was killing me but it's over now. The only problem I see with Nanamine's method of creating manga is that there's no leader. Nanamine is just following a group consensus which there are times can be wrong. Whether he gets the final say out of the collective 50 people or one of them someone needs to have the last decision. For all the people feeling for Kosugi now, I'll just say he'll get his time to shine.

The best part of the episode though for me was Ashirogi Mutou's reaction to his method. I love how they're playing it cool and waiting to see what happens instead of being hot headed like other shonen protagonists. I guess that comes with being serialized for a while, it gives you clarity. Yoshida and Hiramaru were pretty funny this week though, with Yoshida showing once again how much of a manipulative bastard he is.

The intros and outros to the OP and ED were pretty awesome and got me pumped for Bakuman.

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention was Ashirogi's last meeting with Hattori, when they said they were going to crush Nanamine. Hattori's surprise made me realize that while authors of Jump are all competing with each other in the same magazine, they still want everyone to do well; a friendly rivalry. However since Ashirogi Mutou knows Nanamine's true intentions, the wording they used insinuated otherwise.
HybridMBLDec 8, 2012 10:00 AM
Dec 8, 2012 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
Poor Kosugi. I loved how Ohba and Obata made Kosugi's character so that he'd be easily taken advantage of by Nanamine. It really makes you feel bad for the guy because he's relatable. I really want to see some Kosugi character development; maybe he exposes Nanamine or calls him out or something like that.
Dec 8, 2012 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:

I guess Bakuman finally found a sub group! The wait was killing me but it's over now. The only problem I see with Nanamine's method of creating manga is that there's no leader. Nanamine is just following a group consensus which there are times can be wrong. Whether he gets the final say out of the collective 50 people or one of them someone needs to have the last decision. For all the people feeling for Kosugi now, I'll just say he'll get his time to shine.

I agree with you. Nanamine just follow whatever the 50 peoples suggested & sometimes not all of the peoples who give the ideas are there which can create some inconsistencies in his manga. Can't wait to see Kosugi's badass moment after this.

Interesting that Nanamine adopt his philosophy from Ashirogi's Intelligence Money manga. Kind of pity because Nanamine is really a big fan for Ashirogi's work.

Oh Yoshida trolling Hiramaru is the best. Can't wait to see next ep because of Yoshida's funny reaction & certain someone return.
Dec 8, 2012 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
Hiramaru is amazing. Him and Yoshida make the best comedy due ever. I look forward to every bit of Hiramaru and Yoshida in every episode i see.
Dec 8, 2012 11:44 AM

Jun 2011
arena149 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

I agree with you. Nanamine just follow whatever the 50 peoples suggested & sometimes not all of the peoples who give the ideas are there which can create some inconsistencies in his manga. Can't wait to see Kosugi's badass moment after this.

Interesting that Nanamine adopt his philosophy from Ashirogi's Intelligence Money manga. Kind of pity because Nanamine is really a big fan for Ashirogi's work.

Oh Yoshida trolling Hiramaru is the best. Can't wait to see next ep because of Yoshida's funny reaction & certain someone return.

And if you think of that there are many other backfires.
For example, one of those fifty people can easily betray the group if their ideas aren't used or if the other members of the group treat them like crap. That person could easily have the power to just post their conversation on the internet using some blog and screen shot! You cant put so much amount of trust into fifty people you know nothing about, for God knows what some of the people making up the ideas may be some Middle schooler who reads a lot of manga. Besides the people who post ideas are completely biased, they just post what they want to see and what they believe is the best.
Dec 8, 2012 1:11 PM

Dec 2011
As a manga reader... I felt a lot of content is compressed, but I guess it is still good.
I love how Nanamine is using unconventional methods... it won't last him long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2012 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
''I'm a 30 year old virgin who loves Jack'' lol
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Dec 8, 2012 2:43 PM

Dec 2009
First time in a while that I'm actually excited about Jack.

Too bad this current arc has one big weakness: the editor and Ashirogi both know Nanamine's secret. This is just poor.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 8, 2012 3:35 PM

Feb 2012
Damn Nanamine is playing dirty.

ZappaBappa said:
Hiramaru is amazing. Him and Yoshida make the best comedy due ever. I look forward to every bit of Hiramaru and Yoshida in every episode i see.

Agree here lol :D
Dec 8, 2012 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
So now his editor knows? Nanamine's just digging his grave.... he's entertaining as hell & I'm going to enjoy the ride.. and when his dirty laundry is revealed.
Dec 9, 2012 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
I don't really believe what Nanamine is doing is wrong. To me, it's like getting a tutor before taking an exam. He's just getting inputs/tips from other people. In the end, he writes it out himself. That said, 50 people is just too much. Any originality will be lost, as there's going to be too many drastic changes.

And Shuujin is right, he's naive. You can't just let a bunch of people in on your secrets. People in general aren't very receptive/open-minded.
KurogashiDec 9, 2012 7:46 AM
Dec 9, 2012 9:28 AM
Oct 2012
itsvero said:
Poor Kosugi. I loved how Ohba and Obata made Kosugi's character so that he'd be easily taken advantage of by Nanamine. It really makes you feel bad for the guy because he's relatable. I really want to see some Kosugi character development; maybe he exposes Nanamine or calls him out or something like that.

Kosgui's character blows, honestly. He's just incredibly weak and doesn't do a good job as an editor.
Dec 9, 2012 9:29 AM
Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:
I don't really believe what Nanamine is doing is wrong. To me, it's like getting a tutor before taking an exam. He's just getting inputs/tips from other people. In the end, he writes it out himself. That said, 50 people is just too much. Any originality will be lost, as there's going to be too many drastic changes.

And Shuujin is right, he's naive. You can't just let a bunch of people in on your secrets. People in general aren't very receptive/open-minded.

He's having them do all the work and pretty much just draws it, that's not wrong? He's taking all the credit.
Dec 9, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
EricJonRussell said:
itsvero said:

Kosgui's character blows, honestly. He's just incredibly weak and doesn't do a good job as an editor.

Exactly. If it had been Hattori, heck even Miura, Nanamine would have been rejected on the spot.

I don't agree with the way that Nanamine does things. Sure, the world runs on money, that is an unchangeable fact. But it can't really buy you "friends" or anything of that sort.

As for using 50 people as input for his manga, while unorthodox, it is one of the stupidest things a "pro" can do. A "pro" is responsible for his own work. If others interfere, it would create a mess and ruin the entire work. Miura, of all people, said that to Ashirogi Muto last season. You would think their biggest fan would know enough to avoid making a similar mistake. And it is bound to backfire as well. As a wise man once said, "Don't trust everything and/or everyone you meet on the internet. It will come back and bite you in the ass." (Yeah, yeah. No wise man said that, who cares? I just did.).

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nanamine. I disagree with him on his way of thinking as it is insulting to authors (as I'm aspiring to become one myself) all around the world.

Overall, the episode was fine, 4/5. And the ending is starting to grow on me. The OP, not so much (still sounds ridiculous).
Dec 9, 2012 5:32 PM

Jun 2009
Least favorite arc tbh. What the hell is Nanamine thinking? He thought that Ashirogi would clap him and congratulate him for using his money and connections to make a 'better' manga? If Nanamine was the fan he says he is, he would have noticed that, even though Ashirogi made a crude manga about money being everything in the world, they clearly don't think like that... if they did, they would have stopped making manga a long time ago.

Also yeah, Kosugi is pretty much the weakest character ever. If he didn't like the way Nanamine was doing his manga (before knowing about the 50 people online) he should have told Nanamine to freaking stop, because he's the one who has control over him and if Kosugi says he's not content with Nanamine's work no one else in the goddamn magazine would publish it. So yep, he lacks a lot.
Also, after knowing about his cheating ass, HE SHOULD JUST SAY NO AND GO TO THE HIGH UPS AND TELL THE TRUTH. He's just making a big mess like this even though he's trying to 'teach him a lesson', and that's why this is the only arc I truly ever hated on Bakuman, sigh.
Dec 9, 2012 5:50 PM
Oct 2012
cant wait to see that guy get exposed on wat hes doing lawl but i feel bad for his editor since i mean it was kinda sad how he had to join he didnt want to but i mean in a real world perpestic everyone would probably have joined. =P
Dec 10, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Eiji~!! =D
Dec 10, 2012 5:20 PM
Mar 2011
The classroom of truth protagonist looks like light yagami
Check out my blog @ displacedmodernity.blogspot.com
Dec 12, 2012 11:39 AM

Sep 2009
Nanamine act like he is a genius, but in truth he is just a useless dog that can't live without the other 50 people's help.

yhunata said:
Using 50 people as input for his manga, while unorthodox, it is one of the stupidest things a "pro" can do. A "pro" is responsible for his own work. As a wise man once said, "Don't trust everything and/or everyone you meet on the internet. It will come back and bite you in the ass." (Yeah, yeah. No wise man said that, who cares? I just did.).
Agree with whatever you said. You are the wise man haha.
shinki7Dec 12, 2012 11:48 AM
Dec 17, 2012 3:56 PM

Jul 2009
Nanamine was always such a lame character. The anime hasn't done anything to improve him either.
Feb 17, 2013 12:05 PM

Jan 2011
Nanamine will get screwed later on when people decide to just leave him on the internet. They may even start asking a lot of money for it. And it's not easy to find new, experienced people. Not as easy he thinks it is.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
so, they basically want to draw like Kubo? lol
Do pop-up headlights really endanger pedestrians that much?
May 30, 2013 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
Hmmm, hopefully PCP doesn't get canceled.
Sep 12, 2013 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
Why can't Kosugi just show some guts and reject someone like him? It's exactly as he wants it to be, with money he can reach anything (right now at least).

I'm glad Niizuma wasn't all that fond of him. :D
Dec 11, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2012
Ain't that cheating? 50 man oh wow well, let's see what happens next but it doesn't seem all too good!
Jan 22, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2012
I hate when people just let the "bad guy" have his way instead of stopping him, find it annoying as hell.
Feb 7, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
That young new editor is in the shittiest situation he could have been. I don't envy him...

As I thought in my last post, Takagi and Mashiro did create a monster with Money and Intelligence. It's pretty sad when we think about it...

Hattori seem to suspect the fraud more and more.

Ashirogi Muto have too much pride, they need to denounce him, for the good of the other mangaka that put effort in their work...

Aoki passed finally. I'm pretty sure Hiramaru will get rejected, it looked in the preview like Nanamine won.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 12, 2014 10:16 PM

Jul 2008
Kurogashi said:

I agree with this. Though, it's not too difficult to include some ideas and leave others out to make the manga consistent.

I think most of the readers wouldn't give jack shit as long as they get their quality manga high. If FMA or Berserker were written this way, would we care so much? Probably not because it's good.
Nov 10, 2014 2:36 AM

Jan 2013
That guy reeks of Kira all over the place.
I wonder when this will end, they won't drag it until the end, will they?
Jan 17, 2015 10:31 PM
Jun 2013
As I suspected. The Nanamine is a complete phony. He has no respect for the business.

It's an interesting wrench to throw into this anime though. This guy practically worshiped Ashirogi Muto since grade school. I think it's a common thing for kids to be impressionable to certain materials and stories and incorporate aspects of those into their daily lives, but this guy has retained that since of impression and admiration for a long time. It's immaturity at it's finest.

And it's funny how in Nanamine's manga if you lie you disappear. Could be a hint as to how this will end.
Mar 30, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2014
Always thinking one step ahead , Are we ? Just like our Protagonist .
I completely forgot . There is still the cunning and 'experienced' Yoshida-san .
Pride of a Professional . Overlapping works .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2016 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
Lol the original is always better!
Mar 1, 2019 9:39 PM

Aug 2017
I don't like this arc.
Nov 2, 2019 11:36 AM

Oct 2017
Niizuma was right on the spot again when he says, "but unlike Ashirogi Mutou, I can't see the author's face!"

Of course you can't see the author's face. He doesn't really have one. With 52 people helping create his manga, there is no true face for the author...

Brilliant!
Dec 18, 2019 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Lel the new editor's in a pinch! Hopefully Hattori catches onto this and puts a stop to it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2020 3:30 PM

May 2017
Well now cute "girl" shiratori is gone , we got cute girl katou

Dog vs cat who win ?! Of course the puss*cat 🤤
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Dec 6, 2020 11:52 AM

Jan 2019
I don't mind what Namamine is doing BUT the fact that he's revealing it to everyone like an idiot makes me wish it backfires, which will definitely happen.

That said, the new editor is pretty pathetic, I felt sad for him at first but I got over it when the guy chickened out at what Nanamine said.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2012

117 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 27, 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.