Forum Settings
Forums

When a girl hits a guy in anime does it piss you off?

New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Sep 2010
From my experience being hit by girls, pain or not, is just a cry for attention. So most of the time I eventually end up giving them the attention they need.

Nov 18, 2012 11:09 AM

Jan 2011
Anime_Name said:
From my experience being hit by girls, pain or not, is just a cry for attention. So most of the time I eventually end up giving them the attention they need.

We both live in different locations so I don't know about there, but here a girl crying for attention is the same as a girl smiling for depression. You probably don't get what I mean, you just need to know it's a bad thing.
Nov 18, 2012 11:11 AM
Dec 2011
Guys in anime are masochist
Nov 18, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2012
Depends on what they're being hit for. If its at a comedic stance then why would I mind? I've seen worse and lets face it, girl hitting a guy is probably preferred over a guy hitting a girl.
..this space under construction...
Nov 18, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2011
I wouldn't be watching anime if such a small thing would automatically piss me off.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 18, 2012 11:18 AM
Jul 2012
No.
Nov 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
No. I don't mind it at all.
Nov 18, 2012 11:59 AM
Jun 2012
It generally doesn't bother me, but....

When done in a comedic fashion, like in Shuffle! where Asa slapped Rin on the back when greeting him, I really don't mind.

But when it goes too far, like in Girls Bravo, I find it distasteful. The main character gets abused regularly by the opposite gender. And he got murked by his female childhood "friend" (who broke into his house and used his shower) for walking into HIS own fucking house and into HIS own bathroom.
Nov 18, 2012 12:25 PM

Nov 2010
Deziah said:
It generally doesn't bother me, but....

When done in a comedic fashion, like in Shuffle! where Asa slapped Rin on the back when greeting him, I really don't mind.

But when it goes too far, like in Girls Bravo, I find it distasteful. The main character gets abused regularly by the opposite gender. And he got murked by his female childhood "friend" (who broke into his house and used his shower) for walking into HIS own fucking house and into HIS own bathroom.
And then she still expects him to believe that she likes him. I hated that part of the anime, totally ridiculous.
Nov 18, 2012 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
I actually find it funny. Well in One Piece at least. I laugh whenever Nami punches Luffy. Zoro, and/or Sanji. It's good comical humor.

As for other non-shonen anime, don't really know. :/
Nov 18, 2012 12:36 PM

Nov 2012
Not really, it's funny imho.

But in Elfenlied I got mad, yes.
Nov 18, 2012 12:36 PM
Apr 2009
Doesn't make me mad, and it rarely annoys me.
Nov 18, 2012 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
I tend to hate it when it's shown as the "logical" fix to a situation and perfectly and effectively absolves an argument and gets the characters all buddy-buddy again. That's just so outside the realm of reality, and it bugs me that some people watch those fictional interactions and then think that that's how you solve arguments and build healthy relationships.

There are some anime I actually really like because a girl will hit the guy and then he'll slap her right back (like Double Zeta with Elle and Beecha, for example...this is also the ONLY time I approve of Beecha even remotely). The reason being that it just goes to show that hitting people just because you disagree with them or are upset isn't cool and if you get assaulted, it's within your right to hit 'em back.

The only exceptions to this are:

1) If it's a villain doing the slapping, as some others have pointed out (the villain is evil, so the slap isn't meant at all to be a "healthy" device for solving an argument/fixing a relationship)

2) It's an adult character slapping a younger child character who really deserves it for being an idiot/disrespectful. The best and most awesome example of this would of course be:

Now true, this isn't a a female hitting a male, but if Emma had slapped Amuro a la Bright style, I'd totally support that.
Nov 18, 2012 12:39 PM
Jun 2012
Lol, I mean, really just like if it were a guy hitting a girl, it all depends on what the hell is going on, man. I have no idea why something like that in general would piss me off. I mean, violence happens a lot in manga and anime, so I dont see the issue.
Nov 18, 2012 12:43 PM

Jan 2011
HappyRadio3000 said:
Lol, I mean, really just like if it were a guy hitting a girl, it all depends on what the hell is going on, man. I have no idea why something like that in general would piss me off. I mean, violence happens a lot in manga and anime, so I dont see the issue.

5/10.
Nov 18, 2012 12:46 PM

Aug 2012
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 18, 2012 12:47 PM
Jun 2012
Well, it does, So I don't see why something like this would piss me off....*shrug*
Nov 18, 2012 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Tsumayouji said:
I tend to hate it when it's shown as the "logical" fix to a situation and perfectly and effectively absolves an argument and gets the characters all buddy-buddy again. That's just so outside the realm of reality, and it bugs me that some people watch those fictional interactions and then think that that's how you solve arguments and build healthy relationships.

There are some anime I actually really like because a girl will hit the guy and then he'll slap her right back (like Double Zeta with Elle and Beecha, for example...this is also the ONLY time I approve of Beecha even remotely). The reason being that it just goes to show that hitting people just because you disagree with them or are upset isn't cool and if you get assaulted, it's within your right to hit 'em back.

1) If it's a villain doing the slapping, as some others have pointed out (the villain is evil, so the slap isn't meant at all to be a "healthy" device for solving an argument/fixing a relationship)

2) It's an adult character slapping a younger child character who really deserves it for being an idiot/disrespectful.

I see inconsistency in this. Usually if you disagree with someone in the heat of an argument, you'll find justification to slap because he or she is an idiot.
The way I see it, sometimes a slap brings a person back to reality and to take a deep breath and reconsider what he or she said.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 18, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
HappyRadio3000 said:
Well, it does, So I don't see why something like this would piss me off....*shrug*

>Violence is reality in anime in manga
>That means we can slap everyone without having to worry about it
>It's not like it hurts or anything, we should just slap each other

Goryo said:

Living the dream.
Nov 18, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 2012
It's kind of funny, especially when the girl hit huge and muscled guy.
Nov 18, 2012 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
Just cover it with "funny" sound effects and everyone will be fooled. Not only in animes, you can also find it in tv series and movies
Nov 18, 2012 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
Tavor said:
Tsumayouji said:

2) It's an adult character slapping a younger child character who really deserves it for being an idiot/disrespectful.

I see inconsistency in this. Usually if you disagree with someone in the heat of an argument, you'll find justification to slap because he or she is an idiot.
The way I see it, sometimes a slap brings a person back to reality and to take a deep breath and reconsider what he or she said.

Note that key term for me though was "AN ADULT" character slapping a "YOUNGER CHILD" character. Kids don't typically have the same level of reasoning as their brains are not developed, so slapping them (and note there's a big difference between a non-abusive slap and an abusive punch, or even a slap on the cheek that leaves a momentarily red spot and a slap that splits a lip or sends you flying), is usually a good form of "hey, not appropriate behavior!" correction.

But if you're both the same age, peers, or romantic interests, then that's not an okay way to settle an argument. You should both respect each other and be mature enough to handle your differences verbally. And two kids hitting each other doesn't work because, again, they aren't mature and don't have the same capacity to think rationally, so they're just being violent because they are upset they aren't getting their way.

So no, I was not contradicting myself. Further, just stop and think about it. If a friend slapped you because you two had a disagreement (and in the case of an anime, the disagreement is you usually not realizing that the other person likes you), would you really be cool if they just hit you and then expected you to apologize? Or what about your significant other? Would you be down for a slap if you had an argument?

I guess in some fringe cases, a slap could be an okay method for appealing to someone. But those situations are extremely rare, and oftentimes, you can still get the same result without a slap. Further, in anime, the reasoning for slapping someone is usually completely ludicrous.

There are some exceptions. Again, see the Bright slap. Amuro gets slapped because they're in the middle of a freaking war where many lives are at stake, and Amuro doesn't want to pilot the Gundam (he's the only one who can) because he feels under-appreciated since they aren't throwing parties for him. So his commanding officer, who is older than he is and a legal adult, slaps him because Amuro is acting like the child that he is, and they frankly don't have time for a pity party.

Now that's a reeeeaaaallly different situation than a the typical female character slapping a guy because he doesn't understand that she likes him.
Nov 18, 2012 1:59 PM

Sep 2011
Its fine.
Nov 18, 2012 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Tsumayouji said:

Note that key term for me though was "AN ADULT" character slapping a "YOUNGER CHILD" character. Kids don't typically have the same level of reasoning as their brains are not developed, so slapping them (and note there's a big difference between a non-abusive slap and an abusive punch, or even a slap on the cheek that leaves a momentarily red spot and a slap that splits a lip or sends you flying), is usually a good form of "hey, not appropriate behavior!" correction.

But if you're both the same age, peers, or romantic interests, then that's not an okay way to settle an argument. You should both respect each other and be mature enough to handle your differences verbally. And two kids hitting each other doesn't work because, again, they aren't mature and don't have the same capacity to think rationally, so they're just being violent because they are upset they aren't getting their way.

So no, I was not contradicting myself. Further, just stop and think about it. If a friend slapped you because you two had a disagreement (and in the case of an anime, the disagreement is you usually not realizing that the other person likes you), would you really be cool if they just hit you and then expected you to apologize? Or what about your significant other? Would you be down for a slap if you had an argument?

I guess in some fringe cases, a slap could be an okay method for appealing to someone. But those situations are extremely rare, and oftentimes, you can still get the same result without a slap. Further, in anime, the reasoning for slapping someone is usually completely ludicrous.

There are some exceptions. Again, see the Bright slap. Amuro gets slapped because they're in the middle of a freaking war where many lives are at stake, and Amuro doesn't want to pilot the Gundam (he's the only one who can) because he feels under-appreciated since they aren't throwing parties for him. So his commanding officer, who is older than he is and a legal adult, slaps him because Amuro is acting like the child that he is, and they frankly don't have time for a pity party.

Now that's a reeeeaaaallly different situation than a the typical female character slapping a guy because he doesn't understand that she likes him.

You're giving too much credit to someone who is older than someone else. There's quite a handful of adults that still act childish that probably should be slapped by someone younger than that adult who in fact has more maturity.
While yes, in regard to, "You should both respect each other and be mature enough to handle your differences verbally." I would agree, but that's not always the case. Person A is fuming head over heels to person B as person B is trying to consul person A calmly, in that case, a slap may be necessary to have person A cooldown enough to have a more civilized conversation.
And I'm not trying to counter your points about "If a friend slapped you because you two had a disagreement (and in the case of an anime, the disagreement is you usually not realizing that the other person likes you), would you really be cool if they just hit you and then expected you to apologize?" because yes, that person has a silly way of trying to get that person he or she slapped to recognize he or she loves that person.

Nov 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Sep 2011
No unless if it's really too much but it doesn't really bother me either.

Nov 18, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
i have no problem with girls hitting guys and vice versa, any other train of thought is sexism

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 18, 2012 2:22 PM

Aug 2012
If it's for a bad reason/ no reason then it can be kind of strange and sometimes even annoying. Meh.
Nov 18, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2010
This is like... uh... anything, isn't it? It all will depend on several situational factors and the development of the characters and their interactions, but is not by itself a bothering situation for me.
Nov 18, 2012 2:44 PM

Jun 2012
Personally.... For me it really depends on the situation... When it's one of those generic Anime with a loli tsundere as the heroine, and a pretty tough MC, and the Mc despite the fact he tries to fight back, gets reamed up the ass every time they have an arguement... Just way too unrealistic for me... :| Atleast in Bakemonogatari the loli still loses the fights, even if just by a little....
Nov 18, 2012 2:45 PM

May 2012
Only if they really deserve it. When it's for something dumb, then it really bothers me. Main reason why I feel negative about tsunderes , they hit boys for the absolute dumbest things. And in real life , you'd lose friends quick like that..like who wants to around someone who constantly abuses them. They'd have to be REEEAAAALLLYY attractive to me.
Nov 18, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
Yea it pisses me off when abuse is portrayed ok, and even for comedic effect, when it is female on male. Basically, if the genders were reversed, there would be a whole shitstorm of people whining about sexism and abuse. 99% of the situations involve something that is completely out of the male character's control, or even the female character's fault. Honestly, situations where the male character gets his ass kicked for no good reason make me roll my eyes. For me, it does two things: portray the female character as an annoying, insufferable bitch, and portray the male character as an incompetent idiot who is unable to use proper words/stand up for himself. It just creates nothing but negative emotion and is completely unfunny. I'll never understand the masochistic attitude that japanese men/boys seem to have, as this trope is so overwhelmingly popular in almost every genre of anime.

However, if the male character deserves to be hit, then no, it does not bother me.
Nov 18, 2012 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
If it comes from a retarded tsundere yes. But what bothers me more if that the guy doesn't try to defend himself or anything, it's stupid.
Nov 18, 2012 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Vanisher said:
If it comes from a retarded tsundere yes. But what bothers me more if that the guy doesn't try to defend himself or anything, it's stupid.

Pretty much this. If a girl (most of the time a tsundre) does it over and over in like evry single episode and doesn't have a good reason for it other than that the guy was looking at another girl character in the series, the other girls are flirting with him, or she thinks that he's "sexually harassing' her, then yes, that bugs me so much. Anime where this happens? Oh, I wonder *coughZeronoTsukaimacough* If the girl is strong and she doesn't do it very often and she's not being abusive or anything, then all right. That's fine. It depends if the guy deserved it for not. And no, looking at another girl is NOT a valid reason. (-___-) I'M TALKING TO YOU, LOUISE!!!
Nov 18, 2012 3:30 PM

Apr 2012
Depends on the context of course, but the frequently seen situation where it happens without adequate reason and the text itself seems to condone the action, treating abusive behaviour as a normal and natural part of human relationships? Yeah, I object to that.
Nov 18, 2012 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
Tavor said:
Tsumayouji said:

You're giving too much credit to someone who is older than someone else. There's quite a handful of adults that still act childish that probably should be slapped by someone younger than that adult who in fact has more maturity.
While yes, in regard to, "You should both respect each other and be mature enough to handle your differences verbally." I would agree, but that's not always the case. Person A is fuming head over heels to person B as person B is trying to consul person A calmly, in that case, a slap may be necessary to have person A cooldown enough to have a more civilized conversation.
And I'm not trying to counter your points about "If a friend slapped you because you two had a disagreement (and in the case of an anime, the disagreement is you usually not realizing that the other person likes you), would you really be cool if they just hit you and then expected you to apologize?" because yes, that person has a silly way of trying to get that person he or she slapped to recognize he or she loves that person.

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. If Person B is honestly trying to "consul" Person A, then no, slapping them is not a good means of "getting them to calm down" just so you can then consul them. If they're that upset, you just leave and let them cool off on their own before you approach them again. I have yet to actually encounter an actual person who slapped his friend in the midst of a disagreement where that somehow made it end nicely, especially in a situation where said slapper was trying to be the other's consul. Have you ever achieved this? If so, I'll happily rethink my position.
Nov 18, 2012 3:35 PM

Oct 2012
Tsumayouji said:
Tavor said:
Tsumayouji said:

Gonna have to disagree with you on that. If Person B is honestly trying to "consul" Person A, then no, slapping them is not a good means of "getting them to calm down" just so you can then consul them. If they're that upset, you just leave and let them cool off on their own before you approach them again. I have yet to actually encounter an actual person who slapped his friend in the midst of a disagreement where that somehow made it end nicely, especially in a situation where said slapper was trying to be the other's consul. Have you ever achieved this? If so, I'll happily rethink my position.

I'll concede to this then.
Point taken.

Nov 18, 2012 3:43 PM
Jun 2012
Churuya_San said:
who wants to be around someone who constantly abuses them?

Nov 18, 2012 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
lina from slayers she pisses me off

it depends on the situation
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 18, 2012 3:45 PM
Jul 2012
Deziah said:
Churuya_San said:
who wants to be around someone who constantly abuses them?

lmfao

but also this guy

Nov 18, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2010
Vanisher said:

Basically this, most of the times.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 18, 2012 3:52 PM
Mar 2011
I find it out of place and out of character. For example in One Piece. If Luffy really wants to do what he wants to do he should be able to avoid this kind of "accidents". And if he's really the captain he should be able to make sure that doesn't happen otherwise it's like a Blackbeard (or Usopp) incident.

But the authors can do what they want. There is no one who can blame them for the things they include in their story, especially if the audience has apparently nothing against it...

In fact for me only explanation of this is "because they are different".
Nov 18, 2012 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
naens said:
I find it out of place and out of character. For example in One Piece. If Luffy really wants to do what he wants to do he should be able to avoid this kind of "accidents". And if he's really the captain he should be able to make sure that doesn't happen otherwise it's like a Blackbeard (or Usopp) incident.

How the hell is this out of character in One Piece? Precisely the fact that Luffy isn't a model captain with full authority skills is an important character trait of him and is developed through the series.
Nov 18, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2012

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 4:08 PM
Jun 2012
Animefreak17a said:
lina from slayers she pisses me off

it depends on the situation

Why? Lina hits everyone and everything, regardless of gender. That, and she actually fights powerful male enemies, instead of just "abusing" her male companions. Hell, even if they did try to defend themselves, she'd burn their asses into a crisp in an actual fight.
Nov 18, 2012 4:12 PM

Nov 2012
If it is a slap that shows affection , I don't mind it. If it's a "know your place ,I'm fabulous" slap , the bitch better be expecting a mawashi geri.
Nov 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2012
If the girl is annoying, then yes.

However if the girl is cute, then I am fine with it.

I wish cute girls would hit me or step on me. Bare feet.
Watching Anime with Real Time Commenting at Anime Front: http://www.animefront.com/
Nov 18, 2012 5:19 PM

Nov 2012
lastsense said:

That kind of defective attitude is what makes you pride mutilated to the extent of never getting any.
Nov 18, 2012 5:24 PM
Jul 2012
lastsense said:

M? I never knew people admitted to having that kind of fetish... well not on this forum at least.
Nov 18, 2012 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
JavierR said:
lastsense said:

M? I never knew people admitted to having that kind of fetish... well not on this forum at least.

I actually came across a user here that had a fetish for umbrellas and feet.

Nov 18, 2012 5:31 PM
Jul 2008
No.

In fact, they should hit them more cos they are all dumbasses.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you update your list with the exact day?

Pokitaru - 19 minutes ago

7 by tchitchouan »»
3 minutes ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - May 10

130 by Shizuna »»
5 minutes ago

» Animes with the best thumbnails?

Animeinsight101 - 1 hour ago

12 by eli_shmeli »»
6 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

58 by HellindiuM »»
13 minutes ago

» Why is there a stigma in the anime community towards people who enjoy children anime? Like YuGiOh, Pokemon, PreCure etc.

removed-user - May 10

32 by Serafos »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.