Forum Settings
Forums

Episode 6 of Girls und Panzer Postponed One Week

New
Nov 5, 2012 3:41 PM

Feb 2008
According to the official blog, episode 6 of Girls und Panzer was announced to be postponed due to various circumstances and will be aired on November 19th. The special program "Episode 5.5: I'll introduce!" will be aired on November 12th instead. As a result, the airing of the final episode could be delayed more than one week. The airing date of the final episode will be announced before episode 11.

Source: Girls und Panzer official blog
NaruleachDec 16, 2012 3:46 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 5, 2012 3:44 PM

Jan 2008
5.5 so it's not a recap, that's good.

Nov 5, 2012 3:49 PM

Feb 2012
Noooooo!

I'm glad we atleast get an ep. Really hope it's not some recap.
Nov 5, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2010
What is this tomfoolery!

Nov 5, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2008
crono22 said:

Not sure. Can be a recap plus live program with actors and staff.
Nov 5, 2012 3:57 PM

Jan 2011
crono22 said:

What they would even recap anyway? I don't see enough material to do such thing.
Nov 5, 2012 3:58 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
And 12 will have to be streamed then. Ughh, if they use this as an excuse to drag their feet for months like most other "streaming only" episodes I will be very pissed. Especially if Crunchyroll can't get it for streaming.

While I'm not someone who refuses to use fansubs, I can imagine quite a few people who only use legal streaming would be upset if the series isn't complete on Crunchy. I'm sure they'll get it there somehow, since they likely agreed to get all 12 episodes to begin with.

I don't see why this means it HAS to be streamed though... maybe just air at a different time for the final week?

Nov 5, 2012 4:05 PM

Mar 2011
I'm glad we still get something in place of ep 6. I wonder why they postponed it in the first place.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Nov 5, 2012 4:18 PM

Oct 2009
Well, at least we got 1 more episodes... Hopefully it's not recap... Filler is fine, though.
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Nov 5, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
Oh I certainly use fansubs when no good simulcast options are available, but the only fansub option for this a joke so there's no way I'd use anything but CR in this case. Well unless another group steps in.

If you're talking about Commie, they have a second subtitle track named "No fun allowed", so there's no reason to not use it.
Nov 5, 2012 4:27 PM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
That's only part of their much larger problem. In general you couldn't pay me to watch a Commie release, even when they're not going out of their way to troll. But in any case, this isn't a thread for discussing that in depth. The point is that I want this on CR like all the other episodes, and that's where I'll watch it if possible.

Not trying to get in depth either, but they use the same CR script, with a 10-bit video. I can't stand artifacts in my chinese cartoons, but I get what you mean.
Nov 5, 2012 4:36 PM

Apr 2010
I just watch Hiryuu. Its quicker than Crunchy and fixes any issues I had with Commies over-German track.

jmal said:
Minene-sama said:
I'm glad we still get something in place of ep 6. I wonder why they postponed it in the first place.

https://twitter.com/tsuki_akari/statuses/248809494556065792
That's the GirlPan supervisor publicly saying one specific person screwed up bad, and he seems... very pissed. Surprising for someone on the staff to single someone out publicly (even if he doesn't say the name of course), so you know he's pretty damn mad.

Thats a tweet from before the show even started. How is that relevant?

Nov 5, 2012 4:39 PM

Jun 2009
this what the tweet means in english literaly just put it through Google Translate:
Because of the quick-and-dirty work of a single person, big trouble for everyone. I will never forget the name of that person.
Nov 5, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
The chances of 5.5 being a recap is extremely high

Sad to see it postponed as it got good in this week's episode as well as last week's.

Nov 5, 2012 5:20 PM
Sep 2012
I have no idea why they would do a recap so soon other than someone really fucked up or they decided to add some side story/background stuff to it. Most likely someone fucked up.

Guess I have no choice but to wait another week for the real episode to come up.
Nov 5, 2012 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
While I'm not someone who refuses to use fansubs, I can imagine quite a few people who only use legal streaming would be upset if the series isn't complete on Crunchy. I'm sure they'll get it there somehow, since they likely agreed to get all 12 episodes to begin with.

Oh I certainly use fansubs when no good simulcast options are available, but the only fansub option for this a joke so there's no way I'd use anything but CR in this case. Well unless another group steps in.

Hiryuu?
Nov 5, 2012 5:23 PM

Dec 2011
Aww but thats ok. As long as their is more eps, I dont care.
Nov 5, 2012 5:42 PM

May 2011
Hmm, that's kinda disappointing.
Nov 5, 2012 9:03 PM

Sep 2012
crono22 said:
Looking at the title "Let's make an introduction!", most likely it will be a recap, perhaps with some filming with some live guest (because not enough material to go for a recap for half an hour).

Niyawa said:
What they would even recap anyway? I don't see enough material to do such thing.
If they are forced to delay the ep.6 because they ran out of time and/or resource, then there is no choice, right? It does not seem to be planned but instead a decision taken hastily.

jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
Thats a tweet from before the show even started. How is that relevant?
::looks:: Oh huh, so it is. Someone linked me that in reference to this, but it looks like they didn't see the date either, hah. Thanks for pointing that out. Deleted my post to avoid spreading misinformation.
That tweet got widespread publicity in 2ch, and quite many people just took it as the reason without checking the date. My guess is this is happening to fans outside 2ch as well. Really unfortunate.
jmal said:
Now I *really* wonder what the heck that was about then.
Most likely there is sakuga / animation delay, not unlike problems happened in other studio (e.g. BokuH, Bake etc).
symbvNov 5, 2012 9:59 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2012 9:11 PM

Feb 2012
crono22 said:

Same case happened with Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, but it was a recap.
Nov 5, 2012 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
If they are forced to delay the ep.6 because they ran out of time and/or resource, then there is no choice, right? It does not seem to be planned but instead a decision taken hastily.

I see, thanks for the information. It's probably just going to be like Gosick recap then. Some live show with their respective VAs as guests. Cool thing. Will it even get subbed I guess? Fansubs are usually ignorant towards those.
Nov 5, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2012
I want this episode 5.5 to be an information about GuP world like explaining the history and rules of Sensha-do or if not, introduction to the cast to get to know them better. If it's a recap though, I'm fine with it, I guess.
Nov 5, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 2010
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't be a recap *crosses fingers*.
Nov 5, 2012 11:13 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder if having to do an emergency recap episode will have an effect on the series beyond just 5.5 (and the problem of how and when to air the final episode). One might figure that having to do this unplanned recap, dealing with whatever delayed episode 6, and then maybe preparing for episode 7's production will cause a domino effect that may last the season.

This has happened in the past many times, I'm assuming, and those series have been able to recover, right?
Nov 5, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
right when get to the good part щ(ಥДಥщ)
Nov 5, 2012 11:38 PM

May 2010
i'd rather have them take their time than rush it, love the show so far

high quality
Fiction Responsibly
Nov 6, 2012 1:26 AM
Sep 2012
Nah. I think one of the shows that'll be replacing GuP in the winter will have only 11 episodes and they have no choice. Might be also a marketing tactic. We'll never know.
Nov 6, 2012 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
My worry is that as the story should lead us to more and more battles with stronger and stronger team, the animation work can become more and more demanding, which may in turn impact the quality or the schedule.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 6, 2012 6:02 AM

Sep 2010
Oh no no more new lolis with tanks for the week what devastating news whatever will I do?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 6, 2012 6:13 AM

Jan 2011
jmal said:
I'm hoping Crunchyroll will stream 5.5 as well, but I guess they didn't do so for Gosick's? I forgot that had something like this, and I don't remember it being on CR, but I might not have bothered to check.

No one did it. Until today there's no subs for Gosick's recap.
Nov 6, 2012 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
DAMN!!! I hope its not a dumb recap!!!
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Nov 6, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2010
After just watching ep 5 I'm mildly pissed now. A break after last episode would have been way less anooying.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 6, 2012 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
don't really care about this anime

So thats why you post in threads about said anime?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 6, 2012 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
Haha, one day after my birthday!
Nov 6, 2012 7:11 PM

Jul 2011
Gah, as if it didn't feel bad enough having to wait a week after each episode to find out what happens next...
Nov 6, 2012 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
Gah! This is frustrating!
Nov 7, 2012 7:11 AM
Jun 2012
Ugh, having not catching up episode 5 is not enough, now I ahve to wait 2 weeks to get episode 6...

Most likely episode 5.5 is not a recap, but rather, an introduction about the characters in full description. The official website gives us brief info, but not full info.

Mod Edit: Removed quote that was removed.
LunaNov 10, 2012 1:04 AM
Nov 7, 2012 8:56 AM

Apr 2011
00_Raiser said:

Most likely episode 5.5 is not a recap, but rather, an introduction about the characters in full description. The official website gives us brief info, but not full info.

I sure hope so. With so many going on they yet to full introduce everyone. Also hoping for explanations about the world settings, and why they made those giant carriers.
Dec 10, 2012 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13354.html

ATX confirms they'll air the 12th episode on January 9th... so no worry about having to wait a while for it to be streamed somewhere. Dunno if Crunchy will have this episode though, since I don't believe their stream is through ATX.

Dec 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
RyanSaotome said:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-13354.html

ATX confirms they'll air the 12th episode on January 9th... so no worry about having to wait a while for it to be streamed somewhere. Dunno if Crunchy will have this episode though, since I don't believe their stream is through ATX.

Other sub groups sub it before CR anyway, so its not that big of a deal.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 15, 2012 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-15/girls-and-panzer-delays-episode-no.11-tentatively-until-march

Apparently that ATX thing was wrong and the final 2 episodes are being delayed until March. Bleh.. its gonna be Madoka all over again.

Dec 15, 2012 1:58 PM

Oct 2007
Not really, in case of Madoka there was good reason for delays. More like Bakemonogatari.
Dec 15, 2012 2:18 PM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
Yeeeeep, Mizushima, Actas, and friends, way to royally screw this one up. Studios are getting far too comfortable with the whole "Herpderp we'll just finish the show later. At some point. Or something." approach to production. Even worse when they do it to one of the biggest surprise hits of the year.

Will it really hurt the sales though? Bakem had the same thing and it still sold like hot cakes. I don't see people cancelling their preorders because of this... I'd rather have higher quality episodes than rushing them, which a lot of lesser shows would do.

Dec 15, 2012 2:45 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
jmal said:
Yeeeeep, Mizushima, Actas, and friends, way to royally screw this one up. Studios are getting far too comfortable with the whole "Herpderp we'll just finish the show later. At some point. Or something." approach to production. Even worse when they do it to one of the biggest surprise hits of the year.

Will it really hurt the sales though? Bakem had the same thing and it still sold like hot cakes. I don't see people cancelling their preorders because of this... I'd rather have higher quality episodes than rushing them, which a lot of lesser shows would do.

Disc 6 doesn't come out until June anyways, assuming this doesn't delay it further...

I am looking forward to the improvements in addition to the OVAs. First disc should be in my house in a week and a half or so!
Dec 15, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2012
Either way, this kinda suck :P

Well, will wait with ep 10 also then and rewatch the whole thing when we get closer~
RabbiacDec 15, 2012 3:26 PM
Dec 15, 2012 3:28 PM

Apr 2009
I want to die.
Dec 15, 2012 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
The studio needs to handle their anime better, it's bad for sales of BDs although I doubt it in this case.

Dec 15, 2012 11:48 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
If anything, the delay even boosted Bake's sales! One reason is that the delay is a form of "marketing by making news" (even if the news is not a positive one). This may happen to GirlPan but on the other hand Bake has strong and solid fanbase from the novel, where GirlPan is an original anime which means its fanbase may not be as loyal as in Bake's case. So far GirlPan's ranking is little budged in Amazon, but it is hard to tell what will happen when the Winter anime starts to air and provides new distraction for anime fans who may decide to divert their fund to buy the BD of the new shows instead.

It is absolutely lucky that GirlPan got really high opinion among anime fans, which makes the backlash muter than it should have. It is universally agreed that delaying a final episode for almost 3 months is not acceptable, but the quality of the anime so far (and promise of good quality for ep.11/12 as well as possibility of a 2nd season) persuaded the fans to go relatively easy on the director and the studio.

Dec 16, 2012 12:30 AM

Feb 2008
News of delay of episode 11 and episode 12 in this thread : http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=532648.

Please stick to the title of the thread which is about episode 6.
Dec 16, 2012 12:37 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
If anything, the delay even boosted Bake's sales!

Not sure about boosted. It had better first week sales, but only because everyone had ages and ages to preorder it, so it was the most front-loaded volume.
That is what I meant by boost. Front-loaded maybe but it still is a better first-week result, and this front-loading is due to the delay, which is one reason I said there is a boost caused by the delay.

EDIT: see the mods advice. Let's continue in the other thread if there is a desire to continue the discussion.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.