Forum Settings
Forums

Girls und Panzer Goes on Hiatus Until March

New
Dec 15, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2008
According to the official blog, episode 11 of Girls und Panzer was postponed and another recap special will be aired instead. The remaining two episodes will be aired in March.

Source: Girls und Panzer official blog
NaruleachDec 20, 2012 12:00 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 15, 2012 5:35 PM
Jun 2011
Now that's late.
Dec 15, 2012 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
Seriously?
Sad news...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 15, 2012 5:50 PM

Apr 2010
That's a really weird time to post pone something too.
Dec 15, 2012 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
>Hiatus after a cliffhanger episode
Why

Edit: oh never mind we still get ep 10
VioLinkDec 15, 2012 6:03 PM
[center]
Dec 15, 2012 5:53 PM

Jan 2011
This irks me.
Well maybe not that much.
ReaperCreeperDec 15, 2012 5:58 PM
Dec 15, 2012 5:55 PM
Oct 2012
First time i will have watched an anime with two .5 episodes in 12.
At least we get Monday's.
Dec 15, 2012 5:56 PM
Sep 2012
On hiatus til March and another recap episode:(

This is worse than Last Exile Fam-Fam whatever it's called.

RECAPS SUCK!
Dec 15, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2009
Imagine my dismay to finish the first 9 episodes in a couple of days and really enjoy the series....only to find out it is going on hiatus. If the last couple of episodes are solid, though it'll be worth the wait.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 15, 2012 6:00 PM
Jun 2009
.......well that's annoying.
Dec 15, 2012 6:01 PM

Feb 2012
Why.. just why..

I can understand delaying for a week or two to increase the quality of the remaining eps, but to delay it by months?

There must be some serious incompetence going on in the studio.
Dec 15, 2012 6:04 PM

Nov 2011
Yvese said:
Why.. just why..

I can understand delaying for a week or two to increase the quality of the remaining eps, but to delay it by months?

There must be some serious incompetence going on in the studio.

Time slots are also a problem.

Kyobotte said:
Yes!

You aren't even watching the show, so why do you care?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 15, 2012 6:08 PM

Apr 2011
WHAT!? Are they f*ckng kidding me!?!?

I can't believe this! Say it isn't so!

This sucks! This was my most enjoyable show and they had to delay it!
Dec 15, 2012 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
Any one know why they will do this?
Dec 15, 2012 6:18 PM

Feb 2009
First walking dead goes on break till February now Girls Und Panzer wants to wait till march
i mean seriously...march
MARCH!!!!

THE **** YOU MEAN MARCH!!!!
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Dec 15, 2012 6:40 PM

Dec 2011
SCREW YOU MARCH!!!!! I FUCKING HATE YOU NOW!

Oh well can't be helped there's probably a problem going on and probably a big one i guess.
Dec 15, 2012 6:51 PM
Jun 2008
say WHAT?!

we have wait til march madness for remain 2eps really something going like add more etc or secret plans for season 2 on the way or spinoff?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 15, 2012 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Well now that's sad because I was enjoying this one very much D;
Dec 15, 2012 7:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
*sigh* So after I watch episode 10, I'll be in for a long wait... That's a frickin' long hiatus! I wonder what's the reason for this... :(

Man, and just when I was recently getting obsessed with Mako Reizei... >////>; I won't be seeing her and the rest of the girls for a while after this week! Dx

;_;

Well I really hope it'll be worth the wait.
Dec 15, 2012 7:44 PM

Feb 2012
Glad I didn't start it then. Wait till march to get my GuP fix.
Dec 15, 2012 8:12 PM

Jul 2011
That's some long delay there, sorta reminds me of Madoka, gotta wait till March then.
Dec 15, 2012 8:25 PM
Feb 2012
Meh , at least I read this before catching up.
Dec 15, 2012 8:31 PM

Mar 2009
ohh no T_____T

Why God? why?
Dec 15, 2012 8:46 PM

Jun 2009
The Hell March that is stupid!!! If they do more than 12 it will be worth it.
Dec 15, 2012 8:47 PM

Jun 2009
Felchenerow said:
First walking dead goes on break till February now Girls Und Panzer wants to wait till march
i mean seriously...march
MARCH!!!!

THE **** YOU MEAN MARCH!!!!

I agree What the F***!!!!!!!
Dec 15, 2012 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
Haha haha.

I've got a feeling....

That tonight's gunna be a good night.
Dec 15, 2012 9:29 PM

Apr 2011
WTF?! The most enjoyable anime this season (at least for me) has been delayed for a season?! I mean WTF?
Dec 15, 2012 10:17 PM

May 2012
Maybe they found out the girls with tanks don't make any sense.
Dec 15, 2012 10:21 PM

Apr 2009
Gorou said:
Maybe they found out the girls with tanks don't make any sense.

This just in, the next episode of Magi has been put on hold until June 2013 because a member of the production staff reminded everyone that magic doesn't exist.
Dec 15, 2012 10:44 PM

Apr 2010
Are you fucking kidding me?

Shit it's like waiting for the next 6 episodes of Uchuu Senkan Yamato to be released on Blu-Ray.

Dec 15, 2012 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
So they can't fit in this seasons timeslot so decided to delay it so much. What a pity. I planned to watch the series after it ends. And now I'll have to wait more.
Dec 15, 2012 11:24 PM

Apr 2011
This is complete BULLSHIT. #truefacts #pissed
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 15, 2012 11:30 PM

Nov 2011
Now entering rage mode.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 15, 2012 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
Not only that, but the director also said that the animation quality of Ep.10 will not be up to what he wants but he will fix it in BD/DVD. Given that they could not even get ep.10 finished to what the director has in mind, there is no wonder that that the next 2 episodes is even trickier for them. The fact that this is the first major work by this weak studio (Actas) may be one reason, but a lot may rest on the bad time and work scheduling by the director as he admitted in his announcement.

The delay may have to do with the difficulty to find a timeslot on TV to broadcast those episodes, but it may also have to do with the resource management of the studio. There is also speculation that the director may now want to modify the ending a bit to accommodate the potential for a second season. However, a delay of 2 or 3 months of broadcast of a final episode has never been heard of. What impact it has to its BD/DVD sales is still very much unknown. The only thing that is clear is that if GirlPan had not been such a big success it would have got a lot of backlash -- it still got quite a bit of criticism on the net but apparently many fans are persuaded by the promise of quality and the possibility of a second season. It may even help sales if they re-broadcast ep.1-10 just before they broadcast ep.11/12 - anyway we are charting new territory here, no one is sure what will happen to the reputation and popularity of this show (and people who work in it).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 11:40 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Just watched episode 9. Maaaaan, if they left us at that until March I'd lose my mind, but thank goodness we get episode 10 first. Really unhappy about the staff's inability to stick to a schedule for twelve measly episodes though.
This time it is mostly not just a staff. The director admitted as much that it is his responsibility. In any case, there is never any evidence that the first delay is because of one staff. The tweet some fans quoted (when Mizushima apparently got angry with one staff) was dated long before the GirlPan show started. It has nothing to with this show. And I don't think the matter is as simple as one staff being incompetent. It should have higher level reason in terms of estimation of work required, work/time scheduling, ability of studio to mobilize its staff and other subcontractor studios etc.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 15, 2012 11:43 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Not only that, but the director also said that the animation quality of Ep.10 will not be up to what he wants but he will fix it in BD/DVD. Given that they could not even get ep.10 finished to what the director has in mind, there is no wonder that that the next 2 episodes is even trickier for them. The fact that this is the first major work by this weak studio (Actas) may be one reason, but a lot may rest on the bad time and work scheduling by the director as he admitted in his announcement.

The delay may have to do with the difficulty to find a timeslot on TV to broadcast those episodes, but it may also have to do with the resource management of the studio. There is also speculation that the director may now want to modify the ending a bit to accommodate the potential for a second season. However, a delay of 2 or 3 months of broadcast of a final episode has never been heard of. What impact it has to its BD/DVD sales is still very much unknown. The only thing that is clear is that if GirlPan had not been such a big success it would have got a lot of backlash -- it still got quite a bit of criticism on the net but apparently many fans are persuaded by the promise of quality and the possibility of a second season. It may even help sales if they re-broadcast ep.1-10 just before they broadcast ep.11/12 - anyway we are charting new territory here, no one is sure what will happen to the reputation and popularity of this show (and people who work in it).
They should have decided what they were going to do with the show long before episode 10 was supposed to come out. If they couldn't find a time slot to air the last 2 episodes then they should do a hour special and air both at the same day.

What makes me really angry is that the wait is only for 2 episodes. For a wait that long there should be some extra episodes to make everything worth the wait.
Dec 15, 2012 11:44 PM

Apr 2011
ARE YOU KIDDING!!! I BEEN WAITING FOREVER!!! F#CK OFF ACTAS!!!
Meruru_ArlsDec 16, 2012 12:01 AM
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 15, 2012 11:44 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
What impact it has to its BD/DVD sales is still very much unknown.

I don't see why there would be any impact... if anything, there should be a positive impact since it shows that the production team cares about quality over rushing the anime. I don't see anyone actually cancelling preorders just because they have to wait a couple months for the series to end.

Meruru_Arls said:
ARE YOU KIDDING!!! I BEEN WAITING FOREVER!!! F#CK OFF SENTAI FILMWORKS!!!

What does Sentai have to do with anything?

Dec 15, 2012 11:47 PM
Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:

I don't see why there would be any impact... if anything, there should be a positive impact since it shows that the production team cares about quality over rushing the anime. I don't see anyone actually cancelling preorders just because they have to wait a couple months for the series to end.
The fans might lose interest in the show after a long wait like that and not buy the BD's. There are lots of other shows airing in the middle of the hiatus.
Dec 15, 2012 11:48 PM
Nov 2010
Cries me a river. =x
Dec 15, 2012 11:51 PM

Apr 2010
AiCon said:
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:

The fans might lose interest in the show after a long wait like that and not buy the BD's. There are lots of other shows airing in the middle of the hiatus.

But the BD/DVD schedule wasn't changed... they still come out the same time, so I don't see why that would make any difference. Maybe it would impact the final volumes sales, which is where these 2 episodes will be, but thats not even coming out till like May or June.

Dec 15, 2012 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
They should have decided what they were going to do with the show long before episode 10 was supposed to come out. If they couldn't find a time slot to air the last 2 episodes then they should do a hour special and air both at the same day.
Well, the way anime production works is that usually the story got decided before the anime series started (of course) but the actual animation and voice recording is done alongside the broadcast of the show. For this show, the work scheduling may have been made worse by new cuts and scenes added (as Mizushima himself said the reason of the delay is the substantial increase of cuts than originally planned). And it is not that rare to see everything done for TV broadcast only 1 or 2 days before the broadcast date. I bet that director Mizushima tried everything to see if it could get the schedule back on course but when he realized he could not even get the quality he wants for ep.10 he knew he is in a deep hole.

And I am not too sure what is the difference between 1 hour special and broadcast of 2 episodes. What I said there may be no timeslot for the 2 episodes, I already assumed that even a 1-hour special timeslot is not available.

Apr 2011
RyanSaotome said:

lol...that is one of the producers for this show.
Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
AiCon said:
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:

But the BD/DVD schedule wasn't changed... they still come out the same time, so I don't see why that would make any difference. Maybe it would impact the final volumes sales, which is where these 2 episodes will be, but thats not even coming out till like May or June.
Part of the reason why fans buy the BD/DVD is the excitement they get from watching everything to the end without breaks in between. If they watch something that they haven't seen in a while because of the hiatus, they might be less excited than if they had watched it straight through and thus - not as willing to buy.
Dec 15, 2012 11:56 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
I wrote the following in another thread, but might as well copy and paste it here:

If anything, the delay even boosted Bake's sales! One reason is that the delay is a form of "marketing by making news" (even if the news is not a positive one). This may happen to GirlPan but on the other hand Bake has strong and solid fanbase from the novel, where GirlPan is an original anime which means its fanbase may not be as loyal as in Bake's case. So far GirlPan's ranking is little budged in Amazon, but it is hard to tell what will happen when the Winter anime starts to air and provides new distraction for anime fans who may decide to divert their fund to buy the BD of the new shows instead.

It is absolutely lucky that GirlPan got really high opinion among anime fans, which makes the backlash muter than it should have. It is universally agreed that delaying a final episode for almost 3 months is not acceptable, but the quality of the anime so far (and promise of good quality for ep.11/12 as well as possibility of a 2nd season) persuaded the fans to go relatively easy on the director and the studio. Yet it does not mean that there will not be any impact on the sales. I guess the fairest way to say is that we just don't know what impact it will have.
symbvDec 16, 2012 12:09 AM

Dec 15, 2012 11:57 PM

Apr 2011
Whatever...I'm still in rage mode. My favorite is now f*cking GONE UNTIL MARCH!!! fkskfnskankkafnks
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 PM

May 2012
I'm kinda sad that we will have to wait for the conclusion(or possibly continuation to a 2nd season) of Girls und Panzer. But on the other hand if the quality of the 2 episodes will be intact and the battle between Oarai and Black Forest will be epic, the wait will be worth it in the end.
Dec 15, 2012 11:58 PM

Apr 2010
Meruru_Arls said:
RyanSaotome said:

lol...that is one of the producers for this show.

No.. they're the company that licensed it for American release. They have nothing to do with the production of the show.

AiCon said:
Part of the reason why fans buy the BD/DVD is the excitement they get from watching everything to the end without breaks in between. If they watch something that they haven't seen in a while because of the hiatus, they might be less excited than if they had watched it straight through and thus - not as willing to buy.

Didn't hurt Madoka. And I would think that having new episodes later on would spark some newfound interest in people buying the later BDs volumes that they might not have had previously.

Dec 15, 2012 11:59 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
And I am not too sure what is the difference between 1 hour special and broadcast of 2 episodes. What I said there may be no timeslot for the 2 episodes, I already assumed that even a 1-hour special timeslot is not available.
I assumed by your statement that there wasn't any timeslot available on it's regular airtime. That's why I suggested that it air both episodes at another timeslot.
Dec 16, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Didn't hurt Madoka.
Don't forget Madoka was delayed by just a month and with a reason that did not alienate anime fans (big earthquake). A delay by almost 3 months for a final episode is never heard of in anime TV series, and it is due to a mess-up by the director/studio/producers.

As for sparking new interest, if they find a way to rebroadcast the first 10 episodes before they air ep.11/12 it would definitely help.
symbvDec 16, 2012 12:10 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

6 by DrHizzle »»
54 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

9 by Maumuu »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
7 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.