Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 26, 2014 11:41 PM

Dec 2013
All around pretty good series have on the side. While the concept was interesting I don't think the show nailed the delivery very well. Story felt slow and mechanical at times, like it was following a structured script. Almost everything was pretty damn predictable, I mean you knew Saya wouldn't kill herself the moment you learned of the promise. Animation was great for the time and all the op's and ed's we're extremely catchy. Really enjoyed Crispin Freeman playing Haji, god that man has the voice of an angle. This series was fun to watch and was a good show to turn your brain off and enjoy.

9/10
Nov 10, 2014 4:46 PM
Sep 2014
sadcyborg said:
Golden_oozaru said:
I did like this series but was just too slow placed, I got bored watching it and it was a struggle making it through some episodes. I liked the plot and the characters. The ending was good and it made me appreciate the anime more.

i agree on the last part. the actual plot and characters is what made me love Blood+. the pacing never bothered me once either, i enjoyed her journey from beginning to end. This will always be one of my favorite anime. (:

Indeed, really well done characters. Even if you didnt like them at start, you will start liking them sooner than later and you will have a need for more after ending like this. There dont even need to be more blood, just to see what happened after she woke up again. Where did Hagi went after NYC, What is Nathan( well, her mother chevalier, but they dont know that i guess), what happened with the twins. Meh, i just want to cry now :(
Nov 16, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2010
I liked the anime alot and the characters were amazing. I was just pissed once in a while because of diva (and especially saya starting from the ep 36). I was too sad when solomon and haji died. </3

The ending was crappy and made me just say wtf out loud...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2012
I started watching this because I remember one of my best friends from middle school talked about it fondly. This series felt really dragged out to me and probably could have been done better in a single season. In the second season especially, it was a struggle to watch more than two episodes without starting to fall asleep and I'm talking about without even being tired. I can understand Haji surviving since he "died" off-screen but why the hell is Nathan alive? Ignoring the how, he asked Saya to kill him.

Didn't really like any of the characters too much either. The majority of the good guys were useless. Even Saya and Haji were weak in comparison to Diva's Chevaliers, then suddenly Saya's a match for her and Haji can take down Amshel. Honestly, I think I give it a 6/10 instead of 5/10 just because I don't want to admit I wasted so many hours of my time on this.
Dec 11, 2014 4:10 AM
Jul 2014
Mehhhh tbh the first 25 episodes were pretty boring x: Saya being weak and all.. Made me rage like mad~ xD But the ending is fine! I'm sad though >: Solomon, Riku, Saya's Dad, and all of the Schiff except one died... I rly didn't want Solomon and Schiff to die xP
Side note: I think Diva is kinda scary.....? In the sense that she raped Riku to have his children.... ((A 100+ YEAR OLD WOMAN HAVING SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH A 10+ YEAR OLD KID?!?!?!?!?!?!?))
Haji didn't die though, YAYYYY :'D DAT KISS <3
Jan 8, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2013
Wait, this blonde guy around minute 13 was Nathan? How did he survive? Saya slashed him with sword with her blood on it?!?!?!?
Anyway, Im glad hes alive. He dont seem evil, and he seems to enjoy live with humans.
Jan 14, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
I still think she should have turned Kai because his character was much better in second half of series. Overall anime had a lot of ups and downs I hated the first half all the characters were wimps but second half got a bit better. Defiantly not one of my favs but an ok watch.
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Jan 18, 2015 9:27 PM

Aug 2014
Alright how did Nathan survive?

Overall a pretty overrated series. Moved at a very slow pace where I feel they could have made it around 15 episodes shorter and still cover all the important parts. Haji and Saya pretty much get their asses kicked for the entire series but somehow are able to deafeat Diva and her gang at the end?
Feb 24, 2015 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
After such a long series ( even 26 episodes are long for me) its always hard to just let it go and watch something else, i always want to look back at the best parts of it. Even in this case, although i cant look much at many, since i quite disliked the anime. I tried to like it since: it got good animation, artstyle overall, music and a story which isnt as clichee as most of the anime that come out nowadays, but "Blood+" got too many flaws in my opinion. Overall the anime started off quite ok, then became rather boring ( after ep 5 i had it on my on-hold list for about a year after i tried to go into it again).. later on the explanation part was done very fine (ep20-35) and i really liked the past of the characters (even though they could have made more out of it). The last 15 episodes however were for the most parts unendurable for me. Thats the part where i really wanted to see the main battles and the saya kicking some butts and going full op at the end.. but no, they put in way too much happy moments ( i dont freaking know why.. too make it look like saya is a normal girl or what??) The end is also for me a bit too mysterious and weird ( i mean what happend after the fight... they dont show much.. like how those 2 kids are going to be raise or if saya is dead or just sleeping. ( yeah you could say that up too the viewers imagination but i think in a 50 ep anime there should be much more of an ending)

About the flaws I think the anime has: 1. the villains (especially Diva) are way too flat written and uninteresting (especially when you consider that they tried to make you care about them.. after all saya is all whiny about diva dying at the end... the show pretty much astablished that she is a psychopathic bitch who kills people for fun, even little kids. ( i can accept them being flat written if kicking their asses and being cool in it is all the show wants, but this was not the case here)
2. the whole "saya being raised (after her sleep) with a happy family in a normal highschool was completly uncesessary and contradicts every aspect of "red Shields" plan.. it was just there too have the clichee setting of "highschool girl now finds out she has to find monsters"
3. Also the good guys are not very well written. You can only see character development in Kai, from a stupid little boy too a more thoughfull adult.... but Saya stayed a highschool girl for the entire series, which a few moments of selftorture and flat consideration.

For anyone who didnt noticed it: the music is from Hans Zimmer, which i found to be a very funny fact.
Also worth mentioning is that the 3rd opening was very nice, not only from the music part but also from the visuals.

Overall I think this anime wasted much of potential considering the nice ideas it had and the qualitiv representation(audio and visual) it was made of.
LockensockeFeb 24, 2015 5:59 PM
Jan 24, 2016 8:27 PM

Nov 2014
I'm wondering if Nathan is actually the original chevalier of the mother of Diva and Saya, or even their father... if so.. that makes the end way, way different.
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Jan 31, 2016 6:30 PM

Sep 2013
An ok watch, felt like it had a lot of minuses. The battle sequences were lacking, the villains too, very generic themselves. Some side characters were useless in the long run and the pace was the worst part, it was too slow for its own good.

Despite that, the soundtrack was good and the animation, while a bit inconsistent, was good. It had a good concept going for it backed by some interesting characters.
Mar 8, 2016 7:44 PM

Sep 2014
So nathan is the Chevalier of Saya's mom I guess.

Haji put the rose was pretty obvious since once Saya said she didn't like the pink roses.

I liked the two girls ask Kai for a piggy back, that was pretty sweet.

Although Kai's ending is really sad, he has the two girls and his friends from red shield. But Saya, Ruki, and his father are pretty much out of his life. For the most part.

Pretty disappointed Kai and Mao didn't happen. Mao clearly loved him, yet he ignored her feelings all the time without ever telling her to stop chasing him. (Glad SayaxKai didn't happen it would've been stupid).

I'll miss it overall :')
Jun 21, 2016 11:26 AM
Jan 2013
Clairseana said:
Fawilia said:
But didn't anyone else wonder why Nathan seemed to be alive in the end even though he asked Saya to kill him? He was in the press after the opera house had been destroyed..

I wondered about him as well. I'm pretty sure she sliced him up....who knows...maybe there wasn't any blood left on the blade.

The twins are ADORABLE!

I kinda wished Kai would become a chevalier, but maybe one of the twins will change him. =P

I'm assuming Julia and David FINALLY got together, since she is pregnant. Yay!

Kai carrying Saya up the steps to the tomb...sigh. Bittersweet ending. Happy to see the rose with the ribbon and knowing that Haji is still alive. <3

9/10

Well he said something to Amshel about it being possible that there were still chevaliers from the previous Queen alive. So maybe Saya's blood was not poison to him.
Jul 24, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2016
what was with that amshel still alive?? he was practicaly incinerated for crying out loud :))
and solomon's death, oh how cruel!

anyways, it was so damn moving when saya cried when realizing her time is up, then kai's tears
all those people will be old or dead when she'll wake up

and haji... heart breaking! he finally's selfish, he confesses his feelings, he finally kissed her *felt bad for kai*, only to wait another 30 years for her to wake up.

overall it was a good anime.
Oct 20, 2016 12:24 PM
Oct 2016
I love this anime so much, I watched when a was little and for being able to watch it again.. was so melancholic ugh. I'm crying 〒▽〒

Okay let's talk about the end.
It was a memorable end to be honest.

Just yesterday I watched and I'm still sad and I'm feeling quite miserable right now.
Diva died so easily, I was disappointed about that, Saya crying for diva was really understandable she was her sister and she knows how bad was her story. Im happy that she didn't kill her nieces, oh my goodness the kiss between haji and Saya was the thing that I was expecting since forever I was so happy but I felt sorry for kai, he was there watching it *but the kiss could be longer u know*
I was hoping to Saya and haji and the rest of the group live happily ever after BUT that didn't happened either a bomb was sending to the opera and that scene broke my heart in pieces, Saya screaming haji's name ugh I was screaming too, his last words were "nankurunaisah. I love you" oh God why?! (;゚д゚) I love you too!! (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)
I'm never gonna get over it & I'm not even sorry.
I'm happy because David and Julia are gonna have a baby FINALLY and well Lulu is alive but Moses (ToT)...
I still don't get how the hell is Nathan alive I mean when I watched his face for 3 seconds I almost had a heart attack,I was happy he didn't deserve to died, I always expected to see him around I loved every time he tried to flirt with haji ugh what a nice fan service. Actually he was a pleasant character u can never be boring of him and he never tried to murder saya. But why Solomon had to died, he was in love he only wanted to be loved by his precious one and never wanted something in return. Why?╭( _ )╮
When saya and kai going to where "everything started" and saya was in his back then she falls sleep ugh I cried like a baby. I was wondering "were the heck is haji, u know is already ending!!"
I loved to see her with her friend at begging it, I hope the reporter and Mao were together but I think it happens actually.
The best part of all well the second bc the kiss was the better, when the babies going to see saya's grave with kai and he founds out a blue rose I screamed literally I screamed with tears in my eyes, HAJI IS ALIVE!! Now I can die. And also I cried because of the background music so painful. Okay Theyre gonna be together!! but I don't like he has to wait thirty years for that, that's cruel. So romantic, he always gonna wait for her, I'm so jealous.
But.. the thing was.. I know haji is alive but a blue rose kinda looks like it was solomon right?! That rose when he died as human, that was appropriate for him.

So, to me this is gonna be the best anime ever of course after dragon ball and scc and others but I loved it, actually they have to explain a lot and it was 50 episodes u know. They had time for it. But didn't happened. Haji my love for you is gonna be forever he was one of my first crushes.
Mar 12, 2017 11:29 AM
Aug 2016
The ending was amazing
at the 3 season I was kind of dissapionted cause the anime started to get boring but all in all, the end brought back me lovin this anime
overall I still give this anime 10/10
Apr 6, 2017 5:44 AM
Jan 2016
Of course Nathan didn't die, he implied that he's their mother chevalier, so the blood probably didn't work on him.
Now, what happened to Collins?!
DanteRU0312Apr 6, 2017 5:51 AM
Jun 24, 2017 2:04 AM

Sep 2011
So I enjoyed this series. Though i think I expected it to be way better than it was, but it was still good.

I did happen to like some of the characters in this, but many of them were just really one-note and outright useless. Saya, Haji, Kai, and Diva's chevaliers were fine, but characters like David and Julia were just...boring? Aside from getting intel, they really didn't have much development in general, yet they received way too much screen time. The schiff were interesting but just not really needed in the series. You could take them out and they wouldn't really affect the plot in any significant way. This is especially true of Mao and the journalist, who just wasted our time since they were the most useless characters in the show.
Honestly, I kind of wish they focused more on the Saya/Haji relationship, especially Haji. An example of this was, one of my favorite episodes of the show actually, the flashback episode where they're in the snow and had to fight a chiropterin who housed them. And of course the episode where they show Haji growing up. There should've been more of these types of episodes and I feel like there could've been a lot more done with this duo instead of having more screen time for the more unneeded characters/plot points. Though i guess they did a decent enough job since the show did get me attached to both Saya and Haji, Solomon too.
I thought Kai was done well.

The animation was sub-par, which I think really hurt some of the action scenes. Although, I don't really let that get to me since most anime dont really have good animation in general (and by animation i mean movement, not the artwork/visuals).

Im also not a fan of how weak Saya was. You would think that once she drank haji's blood in the beginning, she would grow a lot stronger, but she just seemed like a regular person wielding a sword, which was extra questionable in the final fight, where she, with ease, killed Diva. Diva, the girl who was shown to be far superior to Saya in terms of speed. This could be explained by Diva's blood being weakened by her having babies, but Diva also two episodes prior hurt Solomon pretty significantly, so that explanation wouldn't make much sense.

Also what happened on the red shield cruise where Saya/Haji were fighting Diva/karl while it was being blown up? I was hoping they'd explain how those four got off the ship, who won, etc. But none of that was even brought up afterwards.
This also occurs when David threatens to kill Van with a pen, it just skips to David getting in Luis's car with no explanation as to what happened between David and Van.

And while the enzyme from Saya could reduce chiropeterins, what's stopping the US government from developing an inhibitor to stop that enzyme and continue experimenting with D-67? It's not like the US government would cease all operations regarding chiropterins just because Diva died. The whole point was to spread imperialism under the guise of "we will save you from these creatures." (It wasn't the "threat" of communism that was the reason why we went into Vietnam, it was chiropterins lol). And since Saya still lives and diva's kids do, too, they can take advantage of them. And it's not like Nathan isn't evil or anything.

Either way though, i did like this series a lot, just wish they answered some glaring questions. 8/10.

By the way, the dub and sub are a bit different in the final scene before the credits. In the dub, Kai says "we love you, Saya" while hes carrying her, but in the sub he says, "sleep well, saya." Wonder why they changed it. To be honest i do think the former makes for a better ending though.
Jun 26, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
The real question is: Is Saya and Diva's mother the first chiropteran? After all, they are apparently always born in pairs.

Nathan claims to have been there in the beginning, which could mean he is actually their mother, but that doesn't tell us anything. He also basically claimed to be their mothers chevalier - he can't be both, and neither rules out that there is another (or a lot) more chiroptera.

Also, after the bad guys coming back from death again and again, it would be stupid for Haji to be dead due to this little. Yes, a whole building dropped on him. So what? Amshel claimed an impact at full speed from like 500 meters high wouldn't kill either of them, and thats more of everything. The rubble should actually work quite well to shield him from the fire, though given that Amshel didn't die after being hit by a lighting strike and looking "well done"..heck, he was fine a few minutes to hours later already. So yeah, Haji is alive
Oct 29, 2017 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty unique and fun show

Confusing af at the beginning but I understand it all now

RIP Diva </3
Dec 11, 2017 6:21 AM

Aug 2012
Rewatched this series for the first time. Was anticipating that ending scene just before the credits from the start of the rewatch but it still hits like a ton of bricks and brings my mood down. It's so sad and beautiful all at once.

There are very few Anime with endings that affect me this much. Anohana is one, Chrono Crusade is another but Blood+ might be the one that hits me personally the hardest.

Certainly one of my favourite ever series and something I personally have no qualms about giving the full score of 10/10. Sure the last third slows down quite abit and the motivations of Amshel and the war preaching stuff in particular might be not the grreatest but I love the characters so much and the overall story as well I don't really care.

Blood+ is a classic for sure. I'm looking forward to finally reading the Manga entries next year, especially the prequel stuff.
Jan 18, 2018 5:34 AM
Jan 2018
In all of the episodes of Blood+. I guess the poorest character is Kai. Adoptive Father dead. Adoptive brother dead. Adoptive Sister sleeping for 30 years. Finally the family that he had is two little twin from...... His sister enemy well, I guess the fates had choose him to doit
May 4, 2018 6:59 AM

Nov 2008
Nice ending, I love that the twins are growing up. I hope to see them in the sequel.
Oct 15, 2018 6:29 AM

Aug 2008
The characters were flat and boring and the story was weak and bloated. The fights were decent at first but got repetitive quick. Music was alright and the art was ok. The protagonists situation would have been better if Saya didn't faint or turn into a pathetic mopey mess every time a Chiropteran showed up. Riku, the reporter, and the obnoxious rich girl with a crush on Kai are some of the most useless characters I've ever seen in an anime. Just so bad.
Nov 24, 2018 5:02 PM
Feb 2018
There were too many lost opportunities but this final episode was excellent and heart rending.
Feb 26, 2019 11:53 PM

Sep 2017
I feel thike the hardest to believe part about this whole series wan't the fact that vampires exist, but rather, the fact that every single person in the series was a polyglot. Like it would make sense for Saya and Haji, but literally nobody else.
May 22, 2019 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
Would've been nice if they did a 30yr time skip, Kai all grown up with the twins waiting for Saya to wake up. I see also Nathan has survived, which is a big mystery of how? It kinda ticked me off that Saya felt remorse for Diva even though she was the one who was bent on killing her, I just hate conflicted characters. If you said you were gonna do this then do it, don't go changing your tune on us. Felt sad for Haji, but he's alive judging from that rose. I liked that Solomon died in a pathetic manner, he deserved to after betraying his master, I just don't like treacherous bastards. My favorite was Amshel, he's such a smart villain and cunning too.

Well all I can say I survived the constant name of "Saya", this " Saya " there and "Saya" that. That name has been called so many times, I swear I will be uttering it in my sleep for the next weeks. All in all it started off great but then it got tedious towards the end, I guess it's the curse of a long series focusing on a single plot. This show should've been 24-25 episodes, they shouldn't have blown a budget on a 50 episode because well, it's a single plot. Haji sometimes annoyed me with his lapdog tendencies, but I liked his words to Saya at the end. So and so characters and an okay plot, besides that nothing was special about it.

6/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 18, 2019 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
I feel like the series lost its way after the time skip, but the ending saved it for me. I just wish there hadn't been so many asspulls, fillers, and shitty side characters. Seriously, I had to stop myself from falling asleep every time the Schiff appeared.
Oct 25, 2019 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
I'm so glad Haji is still alive.

Yes I think it's Haji. This is his hair ribbon. Moreover Solomon was in the process of crystallization. I don't think he could have survived that.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 8, 2019 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
So after getting their asses kicked during the entire show, Saya and Kaji suddenly decide they are strong and beat all bad guys in the last 2 episodes.

A really mediocre and boring show.
Nov 23, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2008
I was expecting worse, not a horrible ending. Ever since Riku died the show was very dull.
Jan 21, 2020 5:30 AM

Oct 2014
it’s 5am and my heart hurts lol brb crying my eyes out

my favorite anime of all time, it took me a bit longer to finish it this time around but i loved it just the same

haji’s “i love you” always gets me, also i feel really bad for kai at the end, he really got the short end of the stick tbh - his entire family is dead (ok so saya is just hibernating but for thirty whole years) and he’s stuck raising the babies (ok not necessarily bad, clearly it was by choice and he loves them very much) and poor dude is like what, 20-21 when the series ends?? like bro :(

i really hope that one day this gets a reboot like fruits basket where everything is the same, just with new animation - that’d be awesome!

well, i’ll probably see you all again in another five years or so!

10/10 FOREVER <3
Apr 11, 2020 7:15 PM

Feb 2018
Eldarien said:
The series should be at least ten eps shorter, it was getting damn boring at some moments - curse you, fillers!

I know this is 11 years later, but I completely agree- 39 eps would've been perfect imo, tightening the story since what was there was good, it just dragged way too much in certain areas.

All in all, I liked parts of it, especially a majority of the first half (eps 2-7 and a few others were boring but it was mostly good), but the second half just didn't engage me nearly as much, with there being mostly fine episodes with a few average or good ones. It was sorta disappointing too since in some places I could tell the story was getting more into it, but at that point where 15 episodes had gone by with 2 being good, I just couldn't find myself caring all that much about the story and characters. Overall, it's an anime I started at the beginning of my anime watching career two years ago, and I'm glad to have finally finished it, but with fewer episodes and a more focused, concise story, it all could've cut a lot deeper.
Jun 12, 2020 6:48 AM

Nov 2016
The fight last episode was anticlimatic, but only if you're looking for action. The point was the character drama and imo things were wrapped up satisfyingly on that front and this episode added to it with the nice epilogue. I liked the characters, yet it took me a while to get emotionally invested in them, in the end I'm still glad that it clicked. Whether it was simply due to more focus towards the finale or because the gradual process of characterisation and plot development bore fruit after so many episodes, I'm not sure myself, nevertheless the ending packed a strong punch. I really would've loved to see Saya living on with Kai ;_;

7,5/10 pretty sure a rewatch would allow me to appreciate the series even more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 29, 2020 8:46 PM
Jun 2020
I discovered that anime existed in animax and I wanted to see complete anime from there, even with a tight deadline. I saw the 50 episodes in 2 days if I'm not mistaken - This anime reminded me of a reality from a long time ago when I had a lot of fun with friends and reminded me of what family is. The strength that the characters try to stay together - especially that Jorge - reminded me of the teaching of sensei Hélio Arakaki: "when the arrows that are shot return". I was hoping to everything end up well at the final. The drama was shocking me more and more . When the anime ended I said, "What? Does the anime end like this?" It bothered me more than 1 day after finishing watching it( started at 6/25/2020 1:28AM - prob -
and finished at: 6/27/2020 DOM 2:57 AM). The big lesson I learned is: she would sleep 30 years in the end and Kaio is human so she was supposed to enjoy 6 more years with him until he died. She seems to wake up much earlier due to the appearance of her nieces, but there is no guarantee that she would go back to sleep longer and Haji would be alive. I am not a depressive person, but I just woke up because of a deadline that ends up today 6/28/2020 The drama of recurring loneliness and the deaths of allies were shocking me and, after capture all this anime energy I realized that I can enjoy much more than Saia with the people around me - after quarantine. - This anime is extremely valuable because of the life lessons it can pass. I had to express all it after watching 50 episodes in 2 days xD
ps: if you are a depressive person guess it's not a good idea to watch all these episodes quickly.

my review -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYhbQJ0DoI
ps: this is what i posted in other site. Im glad that Haji is alive :) However, after I read that he would be alive i went back to episode 50 and the site where i saw it needs to keep the time bar pressed while skiping to some part. As i was seeing the scenes the energy from when i finished watching came back. I almost cried for the 3rd time watching it usauhsahusa
Oct 9, 2020 1:33 PM

Oct 2019
Tomimi said:
this is what I don't understand! Why is the gay guy alive? is he the Chevalier of Saya's mom?

Yes he was. The fact that he did not die from Saya's blood proved it, so his claim earlier was not empty bravado for Amshel. This is also why he didn't really care whether Saya or Diva won that duel, though the fact that he didn't warn Diva about her weakened blood suggests he might have rooted for Saya. This guy was ancient, probably tens of thousands years old, so he was certainly the stronger Chiropteran of the show, by far. That's why James feared him.

Having Saya "kill" him was perhaps for fun, or a symbolic / theatrical way to ditch the identity and persona of Nathan Mahler (he said "Nathan Mahler is no more!") and adopt a new one, to fake his own death to Saya, or more likely a combination of all three. The fact that he left to Saya Diva's babies was arguably because she won the duel; he wanted to let her choose whether to kill them or not (absent Kai at that critical moment Saya would have killed them).

What was left unclear about Diva's weakened blood was whether it was just made non toxic to her sister or also made Diva a mere mortal that would have started to age normally had she lived with no special powers. Her far slower movement during the duel with Saya suggest that's the case, but the fact that she had Solomon for breakfast after giving birth suggests it is not the case (one of the many contradictions of this show..).
Nov 4, 2020 7:08 AM

May 2015
This show dragged for to long. At least David scored.

4/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Nov 2015
totally disgusted to know that mao and the journalist end up together, age gap more so. :s and also with that this anime filled in all the troops unfortunately

💢

Jul 4, 2021 1:06 AM
Sep 2017
They really went with the creepy relationship with Mao and reporter and Kai being a single father.
Feb 7, 2022 11:42 PM

Aug 2018
What a wild ride this series was. The ending wasn't nearly as dismal as I feared. Diva's spawn are right cute.
Feb 25, 2022 8:59 AM
Dec 2021
great! I enjoyed this a lot. There is a lot of handsome, sexy boys!
Jun 12, 2022 1:34 AM
Oct 2021
One of my favorite Vampire anime. I love the story and the characters are also good.
the family and friendship dynamic was my favorite part; of course, Saya is amazing.
Aug 22, 2022 9:25 AM
Jun 2022
so fucking good bro
Nov 28, 2022 5:30 PM
Dec 2017
this was a total drag. the same ending could have been achieved 20 episodes ago. i especially hated this whole love polygon. and i think blood-c was an overall much better series.
Jan 10, 2023 3:57 PM
Jul 2020
great show. The ending was sublime.
Mar 26, 2023 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
Finally finished Blood+! This show has entered my Top 10!!

It's one of the rare shows where it ended perfectly!

Yeah there's still some small loose ends, but it still ended the main plot nicely. I do like the theories made in the finale!

Nathan being Chevalier for the Queen that birth Saya/Diva and why he survives at the end. I don't think he's the father, but more on the loyal side with the Queen.

Some did say that there were actually "two" Queens and that the reason why Nathan wasn't interfering is because something similar also happened back in his time. Which is why he mentions Amshel that he has experience something like this in current time.

Anyways, Japan always like leaving the ending and loose details for the audience to decide.

Going to miss this show for sure! I'll watch the other Blood Series (Blood Last Vampire/Blood-C) later this year as well!

10/10!!
Jun 17, 2023 5:12 AM

Oct 2022
Well, that was an anime. I don't think it needed to be 50 episodes long. I genuinely enjoyed the first half, but the last 20 or so episodes really started to feel like a slog to me. I, too, was waiting for Saya to grow into a stronger, more capable protagonist, and that never happened. She just magically happened to win during the final battle, despite being incredibly weak and getting her ass handed to her for most of the show's runtime. I also disliked the romance polygon between her, Haiji, and Solomon. That felt unbearably cheesy lol. 

One thing I am glad for is that Kai's affection for Saya remained familial love. Judging by the comments, quite a few people didn't care for Kai, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by his character development. Him coming to terms with his weakness and resolving to do what he could without giving up hope was nice. Him, David, Lewis and Lulu were my favorite characters. 

Now that I am free from this series I get to watch better anime. Yippee! 
Dec 9, 2023 4:39 AM
Nov 2015
By the end nothing was making sense. How did Saya defeat Diva? Diva was shown throught the whole series to be an unbeatable entity. The show itself goes to great lengths to show how much stronger and quicker she is than everyone and focuses on saya being weak and slow as her sleep is coming. Then that is all ignored. Like why did diva do the exact same attack as saya? It makes sense for saya as it was a suicide attack but for diva, why? Why was diva even fighting her. Saya was barely a tthreat. Wehad two episodes of them planning to stop diva and their only plan was saya confronting diva in a hallway???? Compared to divas and co plans its nothing. And what an asspull, pregnancy stps the blood being lethal. Why? So saya could live? She is about to sleep anyway and its 50 of 50! And Haji doesnt die from his head being crushed and nuke hitting him. In fact how did they all escape the bomb? Why was that glossed over. Death means nothing, even divas chevliar gets struck by lightning, burnt to a crisp, impaled, and he lives!

The combat overal made less sense as the series progressed. Saya is supposed to be the only one who can kill them but apparently you can decapitae or slice them up enough and they die. In fact shotguns seem to work fine. Why is saya even really needed. I like saya its why I kept watching but man, the rules of the series dont make sense.

And why is Saya basically a lesbian in episode 1 and 50 then its never mentioned again????? Or Haiji and sayas love never being expanded on. Did saya love him? Did kai LOve saya? Or was it brotherly love? Why did julia betray them then just come back like nothing happened. Why was dacid a depresed alcoholic for like 5 minutes then moved on. Why the reporter and the girl even kept around post vietnam arc, they didnt do anyhing but add some comedy like once every 5 episodes. Why didnt they use the reporter to explain where saya came from, like what was she? Why did the villains plan fail, didnt it go perfectly. They can turn people in to monsters and sell the cure. They won and that is ignored .There so many unaswered questions.

The first 35 eps honestly were really good, but man the last 10 or so just fell apart.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

12 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jul 16, 2007

99 by dkjiji »»
Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 6 Discussion

sifma - Mar 27, 2008

43 by Alterlines »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 5 Discussion

sifma - Mar 27, 2008

30 by Alterlines »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.