Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2008 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS ARE OUT. Love the story progression. The Tytania gooooooooo!
I saw it subbed now so........regarding INFORMATION NETWORKS....I think since this way way in the future......BUGS are the least of the old methods. I think the ship is rigged with cameras in some listening devices......for you all know it they might be stealth.

I LOVE FRANCIA! The loli was ok and done fine. The girl with the glasses was LOL when she stepped on Fan Hulic! LOL

Other than that TATYNIA GOOOOOOOO! ARIABART GOOOOOOO! I know he can redeem himself.
angel999Nov 4, 2008 4:40 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 17, 2008 11:32 AM
Jul 2018

I've only watched the raw and my Japanese isn't perfect, so my interpretations could be wrong, but this none the less was another awesome episode for me.
removed-userOct 17, 2008 11:38 AM
Oct 18, 2008 6:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Fan is awesome. Nice episode though somewhat predictable. Looking forward to seeing how things develop.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2008 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
Would do Fan. Just sayin. We also receive a little bit of insight on the background of Tytania in itself as well as it's political system this episode, so all in all I'm quite glad, it was a good episode. Though I'll second Cyruz's sentiments regarding the predictability.

PS: ANBU's sub is out now, if you weren't aware guise.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 18, 2008 7:09 PM

Sep 2007
Much more interesting than last episode. I particularly enjoyed the butler's description of the four lords. Jouslain is kind of scary - I'm guessing he'll be Fan's main problem in the future.

Also, rofl @ the mayor's reaction to Fan. "WTF, why did you win!?" :-P
naikouOct 18, 2008 11:22 PM
Oct 18, 2008 7:32 PM

Jan 2007
while the dialogue was quite interesting, overall, it was a bit to slow for my tastes.
Oct 18, 2008 9:16 PM

May 2008
Good descriptions of the characters and pseudo back-story for Tytania.
No combat this time around, but as long as the wait isn't more than a few episodes, that is fine.

Oct 18, 2008 10:25 PM

Mar 2008
Fan wasn't supposed to win. Awesome.

Fan also mentions Earth as the genesis of mankind, and how Tytania's rule has only lasted about 200 years. As the shoeshiner said, what would space be like without Tytania? What's Tytania's role in the development of intersolar politics? I'm looking forward to more.
Oct 19, 2008 1:30 AM

May 2008
Now this is what I was hoping for from Tytania. Not the ugly CG multi-colored phallic spaceships blasting away at each other. This episode moved the plot ahead in a more interesting direction after the first laid out the initial groundwork, gave us more insight into the characters (especially the Tytania clan who were easier to tell apart by uniform color than personality last episode), and leaves us questioning what Fan will do next.

And really, a lot of what is to come seems like it will be centered around Fan, at least if we're talking about a war against Tytania. While he has a rather carefree and joking personality, one can tell that he's not as dense as this can sometimes make him look. Yet at the same time he doesn't seem to really have any ideals which he is fighting for, so perhaps he'll be moved into fighting Tytania by leaders of other planets who want the man responsible for landing a blow on Tytania, or by Tytania wishing to dispose of him. Even if he did join Tytania (which seems doubtful), I'm willing to bet that he would still be rid of quickly through the actions of either Idris or Ariabart (possibly the former framing the latter). So while it's pretty much certain that Fan will end up fighting Tytania, I'm much more interested in why he'll end up fighting them currently.

Other stuff I liked about the episode/points to wonder about:
- Idris bringing up the hiking trip joke in attacking Ariabart. He has to have some kind of inside informant to get that specific right? Maybe the tea set was bugged! (Okay, that's just silly...but then again so was that tea scene.)
- Jouslain pointing out that Tytania had made a deal with Euria, something none of the four Dukes were told. How often is information like this withheld by Lord Ajman? Did the Dukes know this kind of info was being withheld from them? Did Idris, with his apparent ability to gather intelligence, know of this and purposely not bring it up?
- Jouslain's prophecy. A simple enough question, will it come to pass?
- Fan: The Most Heroic Unemployed (The consequences of this I already questioned some above, plus I just found it funny.)
Oct 19, 2008 1:54 AM

Mar 2008
naikou said:
. Jouslain is kind of scary - I'm guessing he'll be Fan's main problem in the future.

He is pretty much the only one of the Tytanians I like.

Also, rofl @ the mayor's reaction to Fan. "WTF, why did you win!?" :-P

That was awesome. xD

Well, the episode was fairly interesting.
It's by no means a 2nd LotGH (so far), but even then it still seems superior to your typical space opera anime. Nice character interactions and a plot that keeps you wanting to know what will happen next.

But I really have problems with Fan. Since he is the pendant to Yang Wenli from LotGH, I can't help comparing those two (being a bit similar) and then he is really a bad joke. Sometimes ridiculous cool and sometimes a complete idiot. He seems pretty unrealistic.
This is depressing, because I am with the rebel faction - I was with the non-ruling party in LotGH and I'm with them here, too.
Oct 19, 2008 2:30 AM
Dec 2007
"Space's most heroic unemployed". You gotta love Yoshiki Tanaka's sense of humor !

Wonderful episode, I was just thrilled from beginning to end watching this episode, Tytania is the definition of what I expect of an anime (well, with a better animation it would be absolutely perfect, but honestly I don't care). And it's so close to LOGH that you just have to change the names of the characters and places to obtain the exact same series. A shame that there will only be 26 episodes, I could watch such a series for years without being bored once.

Hmmm I forgot : Jouslain and Fan are totally awesome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 19, 2008 4:00 AM

Dec 2007
Nice episode 2, we can see that Fan isn't really like Yang (he loves money, women and to be praised), and it will not be a country versus another since Euria decide to be under the care of Tytania.... I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next episode, between the four dukes, the one I prefer is Idris, he is (for me) the more evil of the four and can be powerful in battle since he has a lot of talent (even if Jouslain is nice)

(PS : sorry for the bad english)
Oct 19, 2008 4:54 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode, good to be able to to learn a bit of backstory behind the characters. The part where it was revealed Fan was meant to loose made me go 'eh? why?' but lmao, the reaction was funny xD

Jouslan's prophecy : I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a bit more into this in the future, I'm sensing something big coming from there.

Hmm, I still like Idris most I think xD

Can't wait for next episode :3

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 19, 2008 5:46 AM

Jun 2008
Nice episode.
Poor Fan XD
Oct 19, 2008 7:32 AM

Aug 2008
I would like the whole atmosphere of the show to be more serious. I cannot sympathize with any of the characters and that's partly due to the ridiculous designs. I hope the story will be something to remember, otherwise I would just label this "LoGH for dummies"
Oct 19, 2008 8:10 AM

Jan 2008
If Fan Hulic gets any more awesome, he's going on my favorites list. This episode gave me more of what I expected, and though I usually hate predictability, strangely enough I liked it.
Oct 19, 2008 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
"Was I supposed to lost?"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 19, 2008 9:58 AM

Feb 2008
lol hahaha well he got money thats always a good thing. lol
Oct 19, 2008 11:12 AM

May 2008
Fan Hulic FTW, atm I am loving every character of this series. This is really my kind of show.
Oct 19, 2008 12:05 PM

Dec 2007
It's space opera by the numbers.

Luckily I love space opera :)
Oct 19, 2008 12:46 PM

Nov 2007
Better than the first episode. While Fan may not be a complete Yang Wenli clone, he'd fit right in with the free planets alliance.

I also like the fleshing out of the Tytania dukes, although I have to admit I don't see the Tytania war councils being anywhere near as awesome as the Empire's from LOGH for me.
Oct 19, 2008 1:04 PM

Sep 2007
_Antix_ said:
I would just label this "LoGH for dummies"

I definitely think this is more like a dumbed down LoGH..not necessarily because it will be repeating all of LoGH's plot, but they are just making it more mainstream it seems with a higher emphasis on the combat and the smaller cast.

It definitely pales in comparison to LoGH for me, but compared to other anime in general it is still looking good. Fan is starting to remind me more of Dusty Attenborough than Yang after this episode lol
Oct 19, 2008 7:29 PM

May 2007
So not a full Code Geass clone, cool

Anyway the lead is cool and the red Tytannian is fascinating.
My anime list
Oct 20, 2008 12:28 AM
Oct 2008
Its a alright show i believe it could be better in the later episodes i hope lol
Oct 20, 2008 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
For some reason, I'm actually liking the OP now.

Pretty much just two things about this ep:

• The Tytania's introductions by the butler were done brilliantly: simply and straightforward, we now know who each of them are.
• The ships are ærodynamic because they're capable of atmospheric flight (regarding the conversation in ep 1's thread).
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 20, 2008 1:56 PM

Feb 2005
I never thought it would be as brilliant as LoGH, but at least, it seems great so far. Juslan seemed rather interesting after this episode, and Fan was amusing at least. Heroic bum eh?
Oct 20, 2008 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
lol at Fan, poor guy. Good episode, I'm starting to like this more.

Oct 21, 2008 12:59 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode. Wonderful it portrayed all 4 Tytania lords so you could get some insight into their characters. Thanks to this episode I already have my favorite one who I will be rooting for probably till the end of the series (unless something drastic happens to him and his character will change).
Vae Victis
Oct 21, 2008 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
Lol, just seeing those brothers bickering and trying to make each other look bad was just good enough to be interesting for this ep even though nothing really happened. xD
Oct 21, 2008 9:41 PM

Feb 2008
Astaroth said:
Better than the first episode. While Fan may not be a complete Yang Wenli clone, he'd fit right in with the free planets alliance.

I also like the fleshing out of the Tytania dukes, although I have to admit I don't see the Tytania war councils being anywhere near as awesome as the Empire's from LOGH for me.

I'm starting to think he'd probably be better compared to Poplan, lol.

Finally saw this episode myself and I have to say I really enjoyed it, definitely more than the first. Really looking forward to more!

And yeah, I'm not sure if I'll be too keen with the Tytania Clan here or whatever. With this episode it seems like the Dukes have some issues between each other, while Reinhard's Empire and Dynasty was a much more closer and stronger union (for the most part!) ... so it'll be interesting to see how the Tytania Clan develops.

I think it's safe to say though, while it has similarities, this is definitely going to be different than LOGH. Which is great I'd say.
Oct 21, 2008 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
Echelon said:
Astaroth said:

I'm thinking more of a Poplan/Attenborough mix.

Maybe with just a bit of Kamina thrown in. But that's probably just the VA.
Oct 21, 2008 11:42 PM

Dec 2007
Fan is awesome. Good epiosde and I'm interested to see how Tytania develops. Nice introduction for Four dukes by the butler.
Oct 22, 2008 12:04 AM

Feb 2008
Astaroth said:
Echelon said:
Astaroth said:

I'm thinking more of a Poplan/Attenborough mix.

Maybe with just a bit of Kamina thrown in. But that's probably just the VA.

I keep forgetting about that, haha. Kind of ironic because there was one shot in this episode where Fan just made me think of Kamina ... maybe he was talking too, probably, lol.
Oct 22, 2008 3:54 AM

Apr 2007
The op looks reminds me of an old school promotional ad thing for some guy I once saw.

Putting that aside, the episode was exceedingly boring. I don't like Fan's personality at all, and seeing as he may be the main character, that ain't good. Juslan is the only interesting character in the slightest, but that's only cause he looks cool and emits a sort of badass vibe. Besides that, he too is a cliche character so far. There isn't anything going for me in this anime :/. Generic characters, average directing, animation, fighting, plot... The only thing that will keep me watching this is the potential I can see in the plot, and what Lydia has to do with all of this. If it doesn't improve I can see myself dropping this due to sheer boredom. A shame because I really thought this would be amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 5:23 AM

Feb 2005
Siing said:
The op looks reminds me of an old school promotional ad thing for some guy I once saw.

Putting that aside, the episode was exceedingly boring. I don't like Fan's personality at all, and seeing as he may be the main character, that ain't good. Juslan is the only interesting character in the slightest, but that's only cause he looks cool and emits a sort of badass vibe. Besides that, he too is a cliche character so far. There isn't anything going for me in this anime :/. Generic characters, average directing, animation, fighting, plot... The only thing that will keep me watching this is the potential I can see in the plot, and what Lydia has to do with all of this. If it doesn't improve I can see myself dropping this due to sheer boredom. A shame because I really thought this would be amazing.

If this is anything like LoGH, Fan won't be the sole main character. I'd assume the story will focus on Fan on the one side and eihter some or all of the Tytania lads on the other.
Oct 27, 2008 10:32 AM

Oct 2007
this episode was great background. I feel so bad for blondie :( and i love jouslain!
Oct 28, 2008 12:40 PM

Aug 2008
Not a bad episode. Fan is no Yang Wenli....he's just another foolish, vice driven main character. I was wondering how they were going to pull Fan out of the flame, but it was just an awkward deus ex machina that went pretty unexplained. Everything about this show besides Fan feel like a low bar LoGH.
Oct 28, 2008 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
I'm trying to think of who is the closes to Reinhard but it's kinda hard to pinpoint it. Although I kinda think that Fan is a lot like Yang. I'm rooting for Juslan all the way, along with Idris.
Oct 28, 2008 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
shinigami034 said:
I'm trying to think of who is the closes to Reinhard but it's kinda hard to pinpoint it.

Jouslain struck me the most as a Reinhard equivalent -acording to Ajman's butler, he has the most powerful presence out of all the dukes and the one with the most potential to inherit Ajman's position. Also, the way that his character was emphasized throughout ep 2 indicated that he's the likeliest out of all the dukes to give Fan Hyulic a run for his money. I'm itching to see how he and Idris are like on the battlefield XD
Nov 1, 2008 8:41 AM

Aug 2008
lol...Win a fight and you lose your job...poor guy...xp
Where's the Tytania girl~...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 9, 2008 7:52 PM

Jun 2008
Sweet...this almost totally has a story. WOW. So fresh ;D
Sep 17, 2009 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
so he wins, but still gets sent away, oh well, it could have been worse
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 25, 2012 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Nice story progression ^^ I wonder how this Lydia is going to fit into all of this..
Oct 19, 2013 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
Hrmmmm, so wondering how Fan will get a fleet if he now has no country . . .
Jan 29, 2014 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
Fan is probably my favorite in this show now <3
Lol @ this delusions but that ending was just fabulous.
Feb 13, 2014 2:46 AM

Aug 2013
Haha I'm already liking Fan.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.