Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 12, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's the younger twin who is interested, but older one disapproves OnoD's character.

Pride between self and country... They have misunderstanding about the way of thinking. But they each have their own reasons.

So glad that people came to the rescue! lol @ the punishments.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 12, 2012 10:49 AM

Nov 2011
Wtf, they've been in the rain for hours but haven't sneezed. Aren't they cold or something? I mean, they're in their swimsuits in freezing rain.

Well, episode was alright. Some possible misunderstanding during middle of the episode.

Also, dat ending...

Stark700Aug 12, 2012 11:01 AM
Aug 12, 2012 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
I liked how they had serious conversations relevant to the plot all the while wearing swimsuits.
Aug 12, 2012 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
This episode had loads of talks and continued like the preview suggested in swimsuit attires for Yui and Cryska whom I did like a lot. Here are my thoughts as the episode goes.

About the beginning, for its sudden heavier tone of arguing between Yui and Cryska in the spoiler
it’s rather easy to see that both are quite serious while staring each other. It was nice that they inserted a Inia part in the spoiler
despite being short I liked it quick glimpse of a reminder.

As opposed of thinking that such as flashback might pep up Cryska in recovering it did nothing but weaken her in the spoiler
much to her struggle to get back on her feet. Yui was nice enough to tend to her at that time and it continued to reveal rather nice angles of Cryska’s body. What became better would be in the spoiler
under the form of Cryska making Yui blush.

About Cryska x Bridges, as much as some really nice fan service comes out of Cryska in the spoiler
during that segment it was much more of a bliss for the following,

For it shows quite a nice pose of him hugging Cryska. Moreover we are shown a little of her experimental traumas in the spoiler
that test tube does not looks too good at all. One can notice Cryska’s hands are a little manly? Well Russian girls are built though as tanks are so it was wise kind of making Cryska have large hands to show that trait of Russian females apart from their clear nice bodies. In fact so much that YUI BUTTHURT in the spoiler
or plain jealous?
Well looks like it to me.

About back at the cave, it clearly show more that Yui is jealous in the spoiler
with Cryska making her blush rather heavily and all. Yui breaking the wooden stick is another sign.

I did appreciate some rather nice ass service in the spoiler
of Yui. They made that part very enticing with the angles used.

It looks like before the rescue party arrives that Bridges in the spoiler
uses his past story again. Wonder if that will make the girls like him more? Seems to be a good catch to make girls feel sorry for you.

About the rescue party and aftermath. Well the rescue in the spoiler
was rather sudden but well done. TFS coming in for the rescue was pretty cool in CG and all.

The aftermath showed out some most appreciated fan service of Inia/Cryska in the spoiler
notice the bear also has his outfit on him. ROFL! Really nice flesh out in school swimsuits from Japan.
Since Russia uses none of those, it was nice to see them on Cryska and Inia. However it totally makes no sense of the following,

Why would of all things Yui hide such great stuff as in the spoiler
that ass along with the body contours in that swimsuit should not even make it embarrassing.
It should be something a pride for loads of males who can lose their lives in the future at the front lines. Well certainly Yui looks quite FABULOUS MAX in that bikini. Nice hand holding of Inia x Cryska.

BTW Some Image Stitches done in the spoiler
rather nice stuff of Cryska IMO.

GIF of Yui in the spoiler
concerning her shy aspect.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 12, 2012 11:27 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Why would of all things Yui hide such great stuff as in the spoiler

She's a military tsundere now.
Aug 12, 2012 11:33 AM

Oct 2007
This is a plain boobs animation, nothing else.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2012 11:48 AM

Jan 2011
See, at first, Yui was just a bitch. But now with Tsundere quality added in, its made me like her character a LOT more. I always tend to give bitchy-ness a pass when its from clear jealousy of wanting the MC. Turns out Cryska wasn't interested in Yuuya like we all originally thought, but she DID get some quality time with him and will probably start liking him anyway.

I can understand why Yuuya would get upset over being called Japanese. I don't have the issues about my past like he does, but if someone came to me and called me a African and I clearly consider myself an american, I'd take offense toit as well. Its all about the culture you were brought up in, as well as the issues he's had with his father which doesn't exactly help.

One thing I didn't like was how Yui tried to play the "Yuuya is racist towards japanese" card, but he shot that down immediately letting it be known he'd have no problem getting along with her if thats what she wanted. Like I always thought, it was her attitude that was irking him, the her being japanese part was just an catalyst to further look at japanese in a negative light. But I did like how she defended him when Cryska was asking why was he so special.
Tenchi_RyuAug 12, 2012 11:52 AM
Aug 12, 2012 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
Venneria said:
This is going not going where i wanted..what happen too the cool action in episode 2?

Yeah, I feel the same. My hope is that they are just front-loading the series with fanservice and that the second half will feature more action. Which makes some sense, I guess, because if you are going to show some skin you should probably do it before the BETA eat it.
Aug 12, 2012 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Hnghhhh, Yui grew up to be a fine woman!
Aug 12, 2012 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
Such great episode!!!
Aug 12, 2012 12:35 PM

May 2011
This episode was actually pretty good, favorite so far. Some good character development in this. Takamura was really cute too. ^^
Aug 12, 2012 12:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Well I can see that they wanted to introduce Cryska as a character and into the Yuuya, Yui equation, but I wish they would have been more creative about it than just giving us a T&A episode. In any case, it seems we're back to some mecha action next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 12, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
BETA next ep
Aug 12, 2012 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
Seems like we get some action next episode judging from the preview.
So much tsundere Yui this episode.It made my day :3
I'm guessing Cryska is bound to like Yuuya in a couple of episodes.
Aug 12, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2011
Kawaii7878 said:
Seems like we get some action next episode judging from the preview.
So much tsundere Yui this episode.It made my day :3
I'm guessing Cryska is bound to like Yuuya in a couple of episodes.

I totally agree :D Her jealousy moe<3 surprising how fast she turned dere though, I'm still trying to find the point where she stopped being harsh and started to "like" Yuuya.

Not sure why she denied about getting closer to him, but It seems to me Cryska wants to stay clear of him because she's probably afraid of changing or experiencing certain feelings/triggering past memories in which Yuuya manage to bring out of her.. Well thats how I see it anyway~

Well enjoyed the down time but I think its about ready for them to get back into the action.
Aug 12, 2012 2:26 PM

Nov 2010
It was a good episode with dialogue and all
Aug 12, 2012 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
no action. just Yui still being a bitch. except now she's a tsundere bitch.

oh and the russian is all tsun too.

wish we could get to the action again instead of Yui being annoying.

and why would their punishment for getting stranded end in them getting in swimsuits? THEY WERE JUST IN SWIMSUITS.

sigh....
Aug 12, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
Yui really showing off her tsundere qualities this episode.
Aug 12, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
Read the MLA VN if you want a lot of drama and action. This is a side-story so don't hope for much of it for now
Aug 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Jan 2012
No real action, just a little more information about Bridges and more swimsuits lol.

Aug 12, 2012 4:04 PM

Feb 2012
Kurogashi said:
Hnghhhh, Yui grew up to be a fine woman!
Hell yea!

This ep was full of HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGHHHHH.

Yuuya is lucky to be stuck in that cave with two hot chicks in bikinis.

Aug 12, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2011
The fanservice continues this week, though seeing Yui's tsundere side isn't too bad per se. Also, I like how they finally gave Cryska some background; her character was way underdeveloped prior to this episode.

Aug 12, 2012 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
That was the most somber and serious fan service I have ever seen.
Aug 12, 2012 5:48 PM
Mar 2010
My face at the end of episode

It's not like I'm disliking it or anything but paradoxically (considering who the director is) I found the first original episodes than these, I want Yamada back ;-;
Well, the novel isn't supposed to be a masterpiece and everyone knew this anime was gonna be Top Gun from the moment it was announced, yet I was expecting more...serious plot.
But I guess the real plot will start after these characters bulding episodes, I heard next week the Kamchatka arc finally begins.
I'm not expecting much but a fine MLA spin off would be welcomed (I already know I will hate the cliffhanger ending though).

Anyway glorious asses, Yuuya talking shit about Stalin and Lenin and Yui full jelly, fine episode overall.
Araragi93Aug 12, 2012 6:15 PM
Aug 12, 2012 8:01 PM
Jul 2012
Hard to do character development analysis with all those fine distractions during the character development. Hard to take it too seriously when the two girls are in swimsuits and Yui is in Tsundere full-drive, but yet this character developments are very real...

We start off with the end of last episode. By the end of the episode I figured the boat would have been useless anyway, the rain might have simmered down, but I kept having the "tides are still fierce" vibe on the island all the time.

Straightaway Yui feels threatened when Cryska wants to know about Yuuya. She relaxes a bit when Cryska said she was only interested in him as an Eishi, but was quickly back on the defensive after Yuuya's merits were bashed.

I don't see this as an immediate sign of "luv" though. She doesn't really know of Yuuya's past YET, and she just taught him Yamato Damashii in episode 5. This can easily be taken as she finally sees Yuuya as "Japanese" (as much as Yuuya detests it, she doesn't no) and now is actually defending the "Japanese Pride" as opposed to Yuuya as an Eishi.

But, she ran out of arguments, and chose to deflect by redirecting the question to Yuuya (go ask him yourself). Tragic mistake for her love-wise, but hey, she puts the pride before the love I suppose.

Then Cryska points out its Inia who's interested, and as her protective big sister, she's going all-out to extract information. Those hairpins must be pretty powerful, considering she didn't opt to just read the information she wants to, and thinking too much puts strain on her brain (hence making her collapse and look so frail these episodes.) Cryska, in this scenario displays the very thing she is afraid would happen to Inia (Inia doesn't look that way because Cryska protects too well, but Cryska knows Inia's delicate.)

And then Yuuya comes back with the "useless boat is gone" news and then the trap Yui set for herself triggered.

Yuuya-Cryska Q&A time. Applause to Yuuya mentioning Stalin and Lennin. Cryska bluntly throws the Inia card at Yuuya and quickly redirects to Yui (although it is true she asked Cryska to ask Yuuya), which then slowly comes out from that hidden closet (not to us, to them) about Yuuya's hatred for the Japanese. I was upset Yui wasn't around to hear that at first, she's the one who got Yuuya half-figured out without that information. (But turns out that worry was unneccessary later.)

I love the contrasts they put on Yuuya and Cryska/Yui. Yuuya is all about me first and Cryska/Yui is about country/mission first. I immediately thought BACK TO NATIONLIST ISSUES.

Then we get Cryska/Yuuya fanservice, and then when I saw that slipper, I went DUN-DUNNNNN.... the Tsundere feels threatened already. Certainly enough, we got the cold war for a few minutes in the cave after that.

And then Yuuya, you just had to poke her with "Sulking child who got left out." Congratulations, you triggered Yui's Tsun-full-blast mode. "I didn't say anyone in particular" Yeah, there are like three of you in here, and that's a crowd. "Is that how you see yourself?" Wow, Yui suddenly felt off key after that "Sulking".

Cryska fixes the problem. "We have a worthwhile discussion". "WHAT?" in unison, yay. And then Yui finally touches on Yuuya's unfriendiness towards her (as a Japanese). Touche for Yuuya. But Yuuya fires back with "You wanna get along?", Touche back to Yui, who did a very poor job of covering it up with "the mission". Not everyone can pull that off like Cryska, you know. But after turning around I couldn't stop laughing at Yuuya's shock at Yui suddenly turns around to retaliate somemore.

AND THEN FINALLY, YUUYA SPILLS THE BEANS ON HIS HISTORY! And most importantly Yui heard all of it. But Cryska steals all the thunder back with "At least you had a parent and knew the other one abandoned you."

After the TSF resuce (yay for Su37-UB!), the rest is pretty much fanservice. Yui's Tsundere mode just doubled, if that was possible. Yuuya-Yui is now doomed to be the on-deck shipping for everyone on Argos, and if Cryska wasn't so worried about Inia, she would be shipping too (at this point of time, I don't think she developed any romantic interest yet, she's still the Kuudere in Kuu mode now, especially with the ending.)

But the best part is the flashback of Alternative III when Cryska collapsed outside. Too bad it was too generic to classify as "Alternative III flashback", but its a step forward.

I hope Yui doesn't carry that Tsundere attitude too much into future episodes (which will be back to serious, and possibly BETA.) Some Tsundere is fine, but too much undermines her authority for serious episodes.

5/5 for this. Fantastic character development. Fanservice continues. MLA:TE has done the unholy merging of both of them in the same situation and while I believe I feel its awkward, its due to the unnaturalness of the formula itself rather than the composition of the episodes.

And lastly, for those who are on the verge of quitting MLA:TE, we get back to FIGHTING next episode. Besides, if you watched last episode, you should have been mentally prepared for the nature of this episode.
Aug 12, 2012 8:23 PM

Nov 2009
Discussions/screenshots/Full Length Stitches here:

http://randomc.net/2012/08/12/muv-luv-alternative-total-eclipse-07/
Aug 12, 2012 8:29 PM

Mar 2012
mystik said:
and why would their punishment for getting stranded end in them getting in swimsuits? THEY WERE JUST IN SWIMSUITS.

sigh....

I didn't really get the punishment either until I saw the posts here and realized it was for moar fan-service.
Aug 12, 2012 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
kiryuuu said:
mystik said:

sigh....

I didn't really get the punishment either until I saw the posts here and realized it was for moar fan-service.
The thing to realize what it was for is to look at Blonde Commander and his crew of males with cameras/video recoding stuff.

Then it's obvious that it goes back to fan service.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 12, 2012 10:36 PM

Aug 2011
the mecha genre has come along way it's starting to get watchable lol :)
Aug 12, 2012 11:06 PM

Aug 2010
Serious plot development between the characters plus a bonus of fan service? That's a pretty amusing combo breaker. Lol

What a sexy punishment in the end though, hurhur.
Aug 13, 2012 12:07 AM

Sep 2011
Yui + Swimsuit = Sexy

Also, looks like we get a battle with the aliens or w/e the fuck they are next week.
Aug 13, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2009
Ahh finally over
now that the fan - service episodes for the brainless part of the viewers are over, maybe we can go back to the actual plot and hopefully have some meaningful episodes.
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Aug 13, 2012 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
Part 2 of the fanservice but yeah tsundere Yui! The background music at the end was nice ^^
AngelusNyxAug 13, 2012 1:41 AM

Aug 13, 2012 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
What in the actual f**k was that? The show has now completed the transition to trashy high school harem anime level.

I'm disappointed.
Aug 13, 2012 2:59 AM

Jul 2010
Sigh another poor episode for me with little to no development in the story. A little bit of character development but still sigh.
Aug 13, 2012 3:07 AM

Jan 2011
I hope these 'introduction' episodes will be over soon, this show still has potential if they get going with the plot instead of this crap. This was enjoyable for me though, time flew by and now I need to wait another week.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 13, 2012 3:10 AM

Jun 2008
The tsundere club happily opens it gates to it's newest member. Welcome Princess Yui! You are now an official member.

I have to say though they over did it with the jealous stuff. She was completely transparent as hell, how can anybody be so horrible at hiding their feelings? Did that guy really not get she was jealous after that train-wreck of behavior?
Can't complain about the fanservice though. We certainly got our handful.

Next episode seem like we will finally go into battle mode. Hope it will be intense.
MonadAug 13, 2012 4:44 AM
Aug 13, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
Moar Fanservice and Romance please ( LOL )

Now... I hope they go back to the Brutal Killing Gore Muv Luv I saw in episode 2..

Tsundere Yui ftw :3
Aug 13, 2012 4:04 AM

May 2010
the mighty LT redunce to school girl antics, nice to see she can be a little childish too how ever still team hammer and sickle all the way but she sill a close second. and really what kind of army is this? and down for all the fan service we can cuz hell we dont know there gonna be another chance but yo really?

Yuuya got daddy problems go figure.
Aug 13, 2012 4:52 AM

Jun 2010
Ah Yui, you are so tsundere ^^
Aug 13, 2012 6:13 AM

Sep 2010
The tension in the air, Yui's unreasonable tsundere-ness, the sexy body shots. Oh, I love it all.
Aug 13, 2012 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Haha fuck plot. This has been a delicious fanservice so far. Yui, swimsuits and those curves man.

Well, it's looks like it's going back to BETA business next episode so some people who can't wait for their gore and action can stop complaining now.
Aug 13, 2012 7:42 AM

Dec 2007
Predictions were wrong :(
Aug 13, 2012 8:04 AM

Jun 2012
The punishment at the end was fun! Hahaha... it was almost starting to be a love triangle except at the end where the Cryska discloses her feelings about Yuuya at the end of the episode.

Can't wait till next episode, when there's going to be some acton!

4/5 for Episode 7 of Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Aug 13, 2012 9:27 AM
Apr 2011
Yes! Looks like the BETA is coming back next episode. I wonder who will die this time.
Aug 13, 2012 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
Good luck Yuuya, you have to deal with the toughnest tsundere out there/
Aug 13, 2012 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
Well, there was not that much in the episode, some info about the past of Cryska and some tsundere stuff (was good but well... I hope we get into action in next episode).
Aug 13, 2012 11:04 AM
Jun 2010
Nice one. Yui is so tsundere. And the punishement was very interesting at the end of the episode. Go Lieutenant Go :P

I am curious if Cryska is honnest when she says she is not interested in Yuuya. Inia in the end of the episode has a very weird expression in her face after hearing Cryska's words.
Aug 13, 2012 11:17 AM

Sep 2010
What the hell is this shit turning into? A fucking harem romance shit. Ugh!

At-least next episode seems like it will have some action.

2.5/5
Aug 13, 2012 1:41 PM
Jan 2011
Oh, my jealousy is in the air, I guess Yuuya now officially has a harem.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.