Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 29, 2012 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

The battle continues in the rain but Oda is determined as ever!

But that bitch slap..ouch, looks like those two aren't getting along well but...

Also, Oda's brother is a such a pimp LOL. Regarding the ending..of the fight, it was fucking priceless. That is all.
Stark700Jul 29, 2012 10:21 AM
Jul 29, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
well he certainly had a unique way of talking down Katsuie.

oh and getting the surrender too.

I think the enemy girl will join the harem after the way he forced that surrender.
Jul 29, 2012 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
mystik said:
well he certainly had a unique way of talking down Katsuie.

oh and getting the surrender too.

I think the enemy girl will join the harem after the way he forced that surrender.

Yup likely :P
Jul 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
Sagara might not be the ladies man like Nobuna's brother but he is coming close.
Jul 29, 2012 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
Nice to see Sagara in armor and he can stop executions like a boss, but by stopping Katsuie by groping her, she gave him a lot of bone crunching steel boot by her and Oda. I liked the way Inu and Goemon teamed attacked the platoon of samurai, it was completely synchronous. As for Yoshimoto since she surrendered due to Sagara's pervy and then classy maneuvers, she most likely will join the harem of sorts. Oda's bro is big pimpin', he has both a small army and harem, all of the girls are cute too.

Next episode we are introduced by Hanbei, she looks so cute and lovable, I hope she joins eventually.

Jul 29, 2012 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
Really good episode.

The pacing of this episode was great. The blend of action and comedy worked really well. Goemon is easily one of my favorite characters, along with Sagara and Oda. The underlying romantic theme between Sagara and Oda is utilized really well nearly every episode, despite it being a bit more subtle in this one. Even with the occasional harem antic, it thankfully never veers fully in that direction, nor do I think it ever will.

Next episode looks quite good, and I'm looking forward to the new character and seeing how the story develops.
Jul 29, 2012 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
good episode i do know now the only way to stop a beautiful rampaging spear wielding girl is to grab her tits lol cant wait for next episode this is a fun show to watch and the MC is building a nice little harem.
Jul 29, 2012 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
So the main character finally proved his worth almost defiling Katsuie in the process and getting his ass kicked by Nobuna afterwards.
It was a pretty nice episode tho it felt a bit fast passed.
Jul 29, 2012 11:38 AM

Jul 2012
...Is it weird that Dousan is my favorite character at the moment? And now that they left Yoshimoto alive I somehow get the feeling that that alliance won't happen after all and Hanzou will come after Yoshiharu.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Jul 29, 2012 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
Totally dug this episode, each one seems better than the last! Although I thought the war went by a bit fast, the MC being a complete boss makes up for it, going one on one with Hanzou and surviving...I'm liking how he's starting to have to deal with the changes he's made to the past, could make for some interesting story elements. And can we stop calling this a Harem, yeah it's one dude and a bunch of chicks but it's obvious he only cares about Nobuna, and I think the show is much better for it, I like the chemistry going on between the two. If he started shacking it up with all the other girls this show would just be another boring, generic Harem, I'm glad they're not going in that direction. On to next week!
Jul 29, 2012 12:19 PM

Jul 2010
Epic animation is epic.I felt the atmosphere of this era like never before.
Although this episode would be much better without folding Katsuie boobs...I want this show to be more mature and romantic (especially between Saru and Oda).I mean...it was really not needed -.- he could just grab her arms and thats all.The atmosphere in scene before, when everyone attacked Imagawa's soldiers was priceless.It ruined everything for me :/

5/5 though i hope we wont see much more of pervered moments.
Jul 29, 2012 12:23 PM
May 2012
i'm really digging the animation, just splendid.
the 2 lolis are my favorites :D
Jul 29, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
Yoshiharu mada use of his knowledge saving Oda clan while also gaining one ojou-sama into his harem like a boss.

I especially like the way he deals with Hanzou.

Next episode will gain him another loli.
Jul 29, 2012 12:50 PM
Jul 2012
It was a good episode, damn Yoshiharu had to stop Katsuie from killing Yoshimoto but I guess killing a pretty girl would be a waste so good move on grabbing her breast just to stop her and Nobuna is awesome and sexy as usual.

The music was beautiful when they all owned Imagawa squad, man Yasuharu Takanashi is just the god of music so glad he is the composer of this series.

Good episode.
Jul 29, 2012 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
The whole episode was amazing until he grabbed Katsuie to tears. They could seriously do without that. Anyway, next episode will kick off with real villain coming into light. Also, the final girl from the ED will be appearing.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 29, 2012 1:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Pretty good episode. Comedy fits this series so much better then its cheesy drama.

So... When is the harem going to start to develop? Because, it hasn't started yet.

God bless loli ninjas.
Jul 29, 2012 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
Hoppy said:
As for Yoshimoto since she surrendered due to Sagara's pervy and then classy maneuvers, she most likely will join the harem of sorts.

^This.. Lol, I highly believe she will actually join the harem... Haha

Good episode.
InfinityKyuuJul 29, 2012 1:49 PM
Jul 29, 2012 2:10 PM

Nov 2009
lol although harem maybe a sub genre for this show, but who cares? the animation is just too much win for me to handle, smoothy action scenes which hardly find on anime nowadays, when Nagahide used her spear to cut through the dropping rain, nice synchronous fight between goemon and inu. At least the mc did use his brain trying to persuade hanzo when running wasn't an option against a ninja, epic music and interesting plot, with cute character design, etc. This one is easily in my top fav show along with sword art and kokoro connect.
great episode by far!
5/5
Jul 29, 2012 2:28 PM

May 2009
Sasuga Madhouse
Jul 29, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
Todd_Jensen said:
So... When is the harem going to start to develop? Because, it hasn't started yet.

Let's hope like hmm...NEVER?.It's not harem series, the fact that there are alot of females around MC doesnt mean it's harem ^^ look for example on genres: Comedy, Historical, Romance.That's all.

shanimebib said:
The whole episode was amazing until he grabbed Katsuie

yeap.
Jul 29, 2012 3:00 PM
Aug 2011
Why do so many people want a fucking generic harem?

This series would be much better without it. (And the perverted scenes, some of which are painful to watch)

NB: Never grab a loli like that in front of a group filled with pedos/ raging fanboys

4/5
Jul 29, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
Don't really care enough for a harem here tbh. Campione and Hagure have spoiled me, MC just isn't badass enough nor worthy of one....

But still a good episode.
Jul 29, 2012 3:33 PM

Feb 2012
Delicious loli duo.

Great ep.
shanimebib said:
Eh?!?! If anything it made the ep 10x better :D

Seriously, some of you need to lighten up. Boobs aren't going to hurt you. It's amazing how 5 seconds of boob fondling somehow makes the ep less amazing.

Are people here just allergic to boobs? What did boobs ever do to you? :(

YveseJul 29, 2012 3:36 PM
Jul 29, 2012 4:03 PM
Aug 2011
Yvese said:
Delicious loli duo.

Great ep.
shanimebib said:
Eh?!?! If anything it made the ep 10x better :D

Seriously, some of you need to lighten up. Boobs aren't going to hurt you. It's amazing how 5 seconds of boob fondling somehow makes the ep less amazing.

Boobs are good, DFC is good, but fuck that, it really doesn't feel right in a anime like this. This had, or hopefully still has, the potential to become a great series (9-10/10)

Also, that scene was complete random, and really stupid. It was so out of place that I literally face desked.
Jul 29, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Why do so many people want a fucking generic harem?

This series would be much better without it. (And the perverted scenes, some of which are painful to watch)
Harem and fan service are ONLY bad when they upstage the story, which has really become common in most harem animes. Otherwise, they're by all means a PLUS.

What I want to happen in Oda Nobuna no Yabou is that... Sagara gets the girls while the story proceeds, and then place all the fan service in the OVA's.
Jul 29, 2012 4:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'm not a believer in anything, but damn Oda's prayer was awesome. Also digged the song being played during her dance as they marshaled their forces for the attack.

shanimebib said:
The whole episode was amazing until he grabbed Katsuie to tears. They could seriously do without that.

Agreed - it was just out of place and unnecessary.
CratexJul 29, 2012 5:02 PM
Jul 29, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode :D

I hope that girl becomes a part of his harem lol
She'd be a cute tsundere
Jul 29, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
Quality & Animation are just awesome!
Jul 29, 2012 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
This was an amazing episode! Everything got heated up in the moment! Can't wait for the next episode to be released. The fighting animation was amazing haha!
Jul 29, 2012 5:48 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
A bit of fun information I dug up regarding that dance and Oda's association with it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsumori_%28play%29

http://www.oocities.org/rainforestwind/atsumori2.htm
Jul 29, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
Yvese said:

It completely ruined the mood.Boobies are awesome, but you can't put them in every scene like it's normal.I wouldnt be surprised if i see this in ecchi, but it was freaking serious scene in non-ecchi anime.I can live with some perv moments outside of fights, with comedy moments, but yea..
If it made it better for you, then i guess you don't enjoy this anime like you should.
Jul 29, 2012 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
iLostReason said:

If it made it better for you, then i guess you don't enjoy this anime like you should.

That makes absolutely no sense. People can enjoy an anime anyway they want, as long as they enjoy it.
Jul 29, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2010
Awesome.
Time to improve the score.
Jul 29, 2012 6:36 PM

Jun 2010
He just waited for that opportunity. XD

I noticed this, but never really paid that much attention to it, but..............LOLI NINJAS. :3

Jul 29, 2012 6:48 PM

Jul 2010
iLostReason said:
Todd_Jensen said:

Let's hope like hmm...NEVER?.It's not harem series, the fact that there are alot of females around MC doesnt mean it's harem ^^ look for example on genres: Comedy, Historical, Romance.That's all.

shanimebib said:

yeap.
WRONG! It is a harem series, a LOT of girls does like the MC.

Jul 29, 2012 7:08 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode w/ amazing fighting scenes and animation [although it feel so short].. And omg. I am a total big fan of the two loli ninja's now. They can really kick ass. Sooo coool.. and thumbs up too to the girl who is always giving points. That was a very awesome sword scene.. Just can't get enough of this anime..

Jul 29, 2012 7:24 PM

Jan 2012
Another great episode. The plot is developing nicely. Can't wait to see more of this.

Jul 29, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2007
bastek66 said:
Sasuga Madhouse

'Nuff fucking said about this episode.

I really disagree that this is a harem. Yes the setting is harem and there's a ton of girls but it doesn't go that route; so far there's only real chemistry between Sagara and Nobuna and I hope for the love of god that it stays that way.

The scene leading up to the fight, with the Atsumori dance and the traditional music, was really, really fantastic. I felt good on the inside watching that.

The boob grab was a bit of a facepalm, really. This episode had one too many comedic relief moment, and that especially was a moment too many. It detracts from the overall feeling of maturity this series has otherwise done well; had it appeared at any other, less climatic moment, I would probably have been fine with it.

But now it's set the tone and I will only be expecting more of this, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. And if not then eh, it's comic relief. Katsuie's boobs isn't the worst running gag there ever was either :-)

The animation is on the very top as usual and I really, really love it. It feels infinitely more deep and realistic/3D/whatever than other recent anime; Campione! for example looks your average flat anime, you really feel it's a drawn media. Thanks to superb lighting/shading, as well as excellent overall animation (movements, and battle scenes are spectacular, ref. the above gif) and art (backgrounds and designs are brilliant).

The music while good hasn't screamed "outstanding" to me, but the traditional song in the battle preparation was really, really excellent, and set a really nice mood; you could feel the epicness about to ensue (though I was slightly let down by the fact that it seemed like 100-200 vs. 100-200 men, not 3K vs. 5K(minus drunk fools).

Tenchi_Ryu said:
iLostReason said:

That makes absolutely no sense. People can enjoy an anime anyway they want, as long as they enjoy it.

I concur.
Jul 29, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2011
This episode was the best so far.

The best scene is a tie between the gif already posted and the scene where the ninja spares his life.
Jul 29, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2012
iLostReason said:

How should I enjoy it then? I love everything about this anime so far. Is that the wrong way to enjoy it? Am I supposed to be critical of everything? To me, the boob grab was a bonus to everything else in this ep.

Considering how attractive the girls in this anime are ( And the fact that the historical figures are female ), boob grabs were inevitable. You can almost always expect boob grabs in comedy anime that involve attractive chicks with sizable busts. It's just a gag waiting to happen.

Could it have been done in a different scene? Sure, but that boob grab set the punchline for the final scene with Sagara's 'reward'. It is a comedy anime afterall. It seems some of you are forgetting this and are setting yourselves up for disappointment by setting the anime to a more serious tone.
Jul 29, 2012 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
There's enough action/harem anime airing right now, we don't need a harem added to this one. I wasn't a fan of the boob grab, but I'm not a fan of fanservice in general. I don't see how it can ruin a completely amazing episode though.

Those fight scenes were intriguing. I swear, it's nice to see this anime actually revolve around the action in it instead of wasting time with filler episodes or anything. Plus the occasional fanservice for the ecchi lover is a plus for some viewers. Really enjoyable.
Jul 29, 2012 8:57 PM

Dec 2008
This was a good episode! But this time they appealed a lot to ecchi! Will it lose its good way and became a harem anime?
^_~
Jul 29, 2012 9:47 PM

Jul 2010
TheLlama said:
iLostReason said:

Yvese said:
How should I enjoy it then? I love everything about this anime so far. Is that the wrong way to enjoy it? Am I supposed to be critical of everything? To me, the boob grab was a bonus to everything else in this ep.

I guess i have misunderstood something *sadface*. You said that the moment when he grabbed her boobs made the whole episode 10x better.I guess i took it like ''Episode was great, but when he grabbed her boobies it made the episode EPIC'', and i was like ''so boob-grab made you enjoy this episode moar than 20minute of epic action and emotions?'' and then i guess i didnt control my inside-anger-selfishness and went to write what i think.
But now when i think it it's indeed stupid, since it's not my business what makes you enjoy it more or less, like Tenchi_Ryu said , so yea im taking back what i said ;_;

I guess i really don't want ecchi/harem to ruin this series for me.
Jul 29, 2012 10:47 PM

Dec 2007
I actually quite liked this episode. Great episode all around. Ya, including the Katsuie-fondling moment to Monkey getting fired. Nothing wrong with it since it was done tastefully and in a way to mentally surprise Katsuie....unless I'm wrong.

Ninja-Renge - Goemon - did well in every situation she was in and was equally amusing as she was effective in combat. NInja-Renge? I'm thinking of Busou Shinki Renge since she is voiced by Kaneda Tomoko, search both up! Monkey actually pulled his own weight to make up for his past mistake which is something you don't see all that often. Sure, he has +18 desires which you don't see awesome which makes this "harem" show all that more recommendable.

I saw nothing wrong with this episode. If anything, the Katsuie moment, provoking the gods, fending off ninjas, to the atsumori dance made this episode awesome. For a "harem" this anime is surprising me at every turn. Hell, the battles are even real.

*pets the people who dropped the show to show how they're superior.* - There! There! Kon!
Jul 29, 2012 11:27 PM

May 2012
The more I see of this, the more ready I am to see the next episode. Though... Saru is a bit of a lost cause. Don't know what Nobuna sees in him at this point... really don't know why she likes him at all.
Jul 29, 2012 11:34 PM

Oct 2011
oh noes sagara -kun you got injured!..but to make up for it u got to touch boobs..but then you got beat up XD
Jul 30, 2012 12:03 AM

Jan 2011
tapanda said:
The more I see of this, the more ready I am to see the next episode. Though... Saru is a bit of a lost cause. Don't know what Nobuna sees in him at this point... really don't know why she likes him at all.

This, which is the main reason I don't really care if this turns into harem or not. Although I'm a huge harem fan, I like legit harem with MCs who don't act spineless or just seem worthless.

The MC here isn't really spineless, but he's just so useless and I don't see any value for him to be getting Oda's romantic attention.
Tenchi_RyuJul 30, 2012 2:18 AM
Jul 30, 2012 1:16 AM

Jul 2010
noyoureinsane said:
There's enough action/harem anime airing right now, we don't need a harem added to this one.
That is entirely subjective. This show IS a harem, but in a different style to DxD. It's a lot closer to ZnT where romance only happen between Saito and Louise whilst the other girls secretly wants him for themselves.At some point in the LN,

Jul 30, 2012 1:34 AM

Aug 2008
iLostReason said:
Yvese said:

It completely ruined the mood.Boobies are awesome, but you can't put them in every scene like it's normal.I wouldnt be surprised if i see this in ecchi, but it was freaking serious scene in non-ecchi anime.I can live with some perv moments outside of fights, with comedy moments, but yea..

It was not all-that-serious a scene TBH, at least to me. I kinda know that Yoshiharu was going to barge in to avoid pretty girls killing each other. The same applies to what I said about harem in previous episode's thread. I just mentioned harem because I kinda know there will be girls for Yoshiharu, so I don't want to fool myself that this is all-for-action anime. It is obviously not one.
Jul 30, 2012 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
tapanda said:

Well, considering he actually managed to safeguard her mental stability on multiple occasions, I actually see Sagara as the Heart Guardian (lol, that's a cheesy title) of Nobuna, risking everything so she doesn't break down emotionally on the long run and also serves as a sort of punching bag so she can vent her frustrations on him before making clear choices that she won't regret later.

And those who say that Sagara is useless in battle have to consider that he's more a tactician than a warrior. It's just that he has to also do reconnaissance and covert operations since he is the only one with future knowledge and he doesn't always have a lot of military support at his disposal so it's already a risk from the start.

That said, I hope he at least learns how to wield a rifle and maybe complemented with a bow or some melee weapon like a spear to defend himself at the very, very least since it doesn't take a lot skill to use a rifle and he can learn how to use another weapon in case it rains and he is unable to use it.

Back on topic, it was a pretty good episode, less emotional than the last one but not any less awesome and that boob grab was kind of surprising but hilarious.

Magatsu_TensouJul 30, 2012 1:40 AM
What meal should I cook for tonight? Something with cabbages probably...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

118 by BensonOtaku »»
Apr 10, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2012

283 by Rurihime »»
Mar 5, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2012

126 by Roch2001 »»
Apr 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Poll: » Oda Nobuna no Yabou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2012

85 by Nagachi-Chan »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:39 AM

» where is season 2 ??? ( 1 2 3 )

Californiaa - Aug 13, 2013

121 by Sillmeria »»
Sep 29, 2022 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.