Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 22, 2012 8:55 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watashi (I'm going to call the mc that for now on) and Y find the assistant and learn that they are inside manga panels and must make exciting things happen to get to the next panel. Of course, Y takes the lead and starts throwing out every silly cliff-hanger and plot device she can think of. They learn they can peek into the margins and learn how they are doing. After climbing to the top they drop back down because the story has become incoherent and full of too many genres and basically is just a mess. As they hit rock bottom everyone wakes up in Watashi's office.

A lot of commentary on being a mangaka. I lol'd when Watashi said that the fairies' manga should be banned.
Jul 22, 2012 9:02 AM

Dec 2009
(」・ワ・)」(つ・ワ・)つ
Jul 22, 2012 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
Assistant was found. Manga for dummies? And things that drew at the wall became real! So to find a way to get to exit, they need to create interesting stories. Rankings, too? Always "Actually..."

Fairies were behind all these?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2012 9:33 AM

Jun 2010
This is probably going to be my favorite of the season, it's so amazing. I have fallen in love with the characters and the OP&ED. I really hope Y is recurring though, she's a really great character in addition to being voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki.
Jul 22, 2012 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
Jinrui just spent 24 minutes bashing manga artists and shitty manga, this is a fantastic show
Jul 22, 2012 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
I had so much fun watching this episode, I loved every bit of it.
Assistant is so cute.
Jul 22, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
I did like the fact that inside the manga, drawing anything made it real, lunchtime would be easier if I could draw it. The messy world of manga for beginners.

Vylash said:
Jinrui just spent 24 minutes bashing manga artists and shitty manga, this is a fantastic show

Not to mention bashing the manga rankings.

Jul 22, 2012 10:26 AM

Sep 2011
This was utterly brilliant. So many fun moments and comments, yet so much truth behind the story. Laughed hard at "fairy mangas should be banned". Alright, here goes Watashi into my favorite character list.
Jul 22, 2012 10:30 AM

Jun 2012
Stylishly quirky show without seeming forced/utterly random. Favourite series of the season so far :)
Jul 22, 2012 11:21 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Sury said:
This was utterly brilliant.

Yes, as a variation on "characters get trapped in virtual reality" it was awesome. They were trolled by the fairies very hard.

Sury said:
Alright, here goes Watashi into my favorite character list.

She went onto mine last week.
CratexJul 22, 2012 11:29 AM
Jul 22, 2012 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Really puts into perspective the tough life of a mangaka for those that couldn't find success in their works. I wouldn't say a mangaka doesn't have marketable skills like the ep suggested though. They could always work as assistants to other mangaka, or maybe move on to other fields like freelance animator/artist/designer etc.

Or perhaps it's just a cultural thing in Japan where if you don't succeed by age 30-40 you're shunned by society, making it hard to find work? Sounds pretty harsh if that's the case.
Jul 22, 2012 11:31 AM

Dec 2009
This show is blunt, isn't it?

Also, the fairies are super
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 22, 2012 11:40 AM

Dec 2011
I think I want to experience what they did in the manga world. You just need to have a pencil... and you can survive on that world (If the ranking stuff are removed. Ahahaha)

Watashi doing the retorts/tsukkomi for Assistant. Ahahahaha.

I kind of expected that it is just a dream... but the fairies sure did a freaking troll on them.

This show is mad good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2012 12:01 PM

Feb 2011
Great job as usual for Jintai.

I laughed at the comments on manga artists/creators having no other marketable skills.
Jul 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2009
Some spot-on commentary in this episode. I too found the remark about manga artists having no other marketable skills pretty hilarious, and I loved the part where Y just repeatedly uses cliffhangers that make no sense to rise in the popularity rankings. Code Geass finally makes sense now. XD
Ara ara.
Jul 22, 2012 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
It's just SO GOOD. ;_;
I want to enter manga too, and then i would draw a nake...nevermind.

5/5 this mini-arc was really nice.
Jul 22, 2012 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
Pandering to the target audience is often the easiest way to dominate polls and stay serialized in magazines. This results in contrived twists and forced cliffhangers, which often becomes my bane in works with overarching plots. Most are susceptible to it, even when unaware, not that it is a bad thing. Fortunately, some manga writers manage to escape the norm, or do it in a less blatant and acceptable manner. Overall, I liked this arc, though a bit less than the first one.
Jul 22, 2012 1:24 PM

May 2011
Ah Y, your idea of manga is amaze me there.

Glad it was over.
Jul 22, 2012 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
An episode that's shockingly close to what exists here in real life with manga series.
Jul 22, 2012 1:25 PM
Sep 2011
Rise and decline, a constantly iterating cycle. Even if a manga gains and loses popularity until it gets cancelled, another one will take its place, just like after enterprises that go bankrupt there will quickly be replacements who will bridge the gap in the market.
Lost concepts get reinvented shown by the "renaissance of manga" in the last episode.

Analogically the decline of mankind may not be as severe as it sounds as there is always a possibility for it to rise again... that is if all the accepted customs and consumer habits go extinct because unless that happens I don't see hope for the kind of humanity that is depicted in this scenario.

Watashi may just represent the epitome of this kind of person who walks through life with nonchalance and who is satified with superficial things.
Caught in a strange and potentially threatening place her discomfort is already eased by such a small and insignificant addition of a flower and she refuses to act accordingly to the scrip that could have been important for their survival as it secured a high level popularity because it's too "embarrassing", just to name a few.
Jul 22, 2012 2:02 PM
Feb 2012
The Episode needed more YURI! >:I
Jul 22, 2012 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
Another fantastic episode!

This is so enjoyable to watch. The style and comedy is unique, unpredictable, and extremely entertaining. The fairies are hilariously cynical and one of the best aspects of the show.

Four episodes in, and Jinrui continues to be amazing, quickly becoming one of my favorites of the year.
Jul 22, 2012 2:21 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was too damn good, what's next after bashing the manga industry?
Jul 22, 2012 2:30 PM
Sep 2010
Do we know how long this anime will be? 12-13 or 24-26? Hoping for longer. Typically I prefer shorter, but I wish this series would never end.
Jul 22, 2012 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
So hilarious!! Loving this show as usual <3 Not as many of Watashi's underhanded comments this time though, kinda missed 'em :)
Jul 22, 2012 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Eudaimonia said:
Watashi may just represent the epitome of this kind of person who walks through life with nonchalance and who is satified with superficial things.
Caught in a strange and potentially threatening place her discomfort is already eased by such a small and insignificant addition of a flower and she refuses to act accordingly to the scrip that could have been important for their survival as it secured a high level popularity because it's too "embarrassing", just to name a few.

I think your analysis is spot on but misdirected. It's Watashi and the assistant who actively work to figure out an escape route, realizing fairies are involved. On the other hand, Y is satisfied superficially. The fairies, on the other hand, exacerbate the pointlessness of Y's (and others) thinking by taking such superficiality to its logical conclusion.
Jul 22, 2012 4:33 PM

Jan 2012
I really liked that mini-arc, gave Bakuman a run for it's audience.
Jul 22, 2012 6:23 PM

Mar 2011
Watashi narration is just so good. Great as usual
It was entertaining
Jul 22, 2012 8:55 PM

Jul 2012
Did this episode just describe why every terrible mainstream anime/manga is so popular?

Oh my god.

I love this.
Jul 22, 2012 9:05 PM

May 2010
If they had another cute boy, they couldve had a BL/yaoi panel >.>
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jul 22, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
neji64plms said:
If they had another cute boy, they couldve had a BL/yaoi panel >.>

No.
Jul 22, 2012 10:40 PM

May 2010
Was ok... had its funny moments
Jul 22, 2012 11:07 PM
Sep 2009
Yup.
This is definitely the best show of the season.
This episode is undeniable proof.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jul 22, 2012 11:15 PM

Oct 2011
absolutely the funnest and most compelling show of the season! miyuki sawashiro is so compelling as y (as she was as mine fujiko in last seasons amazing addition to the lupin iii canon) - one of the most seductive and beautiful saiyuu voices ever! this show just keeps you guessing what will happen next while you just laugh at the sheer breathless insanity of the whole thing.........
Jul 22, 2012 11:30 PM

Nov 2011
Watashi may be more powerful and influential than I thought if she is able to ban the fairies manga.
The Art of Eight
Jul 22, 2012 11:46 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Lol, making fun of the manga industry. This episode is brilliant! <3 I'm loving this show more and more~
Jul 22, 2012 11:52 PM

Apr 2011
This arc was to funny xD The way they bashed the manga industry was hilarious
Jul 23, 2012 12:18 AM

Mar 2008
ZenErik said:
Do we know how long this anime will be? 12-13 or 24-26? Hoping for longer. Typically I prefer shorter, but I wish this series would never end.

12 episodes only, sadly;(
I wouldn't mind a lot more, either..

Not as good as the previous episodes, mainly because I'm already aware of all of those things, but still great in itself. Curious what next episode will be all about
Jul 23, 2012 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
The show has already satirized corporate responsibility, the distancing of production and consumption and now the manga industry and subcultures. What next?

Njs_Fluffy said:
This arc was to funny xD The way they bashed the manga industry was hilarious

I must say good sir, your avatar is superb.
The Art of Eight
Jul 23, 2012 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
Brilliant episode.
Jul 23, 2012 1:23 AM
Dec 2011
>Comic book artists have no other marketable skills
>Onto the ban list they go
oh wow , laugh so hard
Jul 23, 2012 1:44 AM

Oct 2010
The episode was brilliant. It told exactly the problems of anime and its culture down to its genres, cycles, gimmicks used and means along with how much of a risk it is for someone to get into this culture to work. Moreover it tells of dire consequences if one stays in this business far too long. As such the author of MM! Is much more understood by me now as to his reason of suicide. He may have been far too long in the manga business, wanted to stop his series and realizing he has no other purposes suicides himself. Now this episode makes me comprehend him a little more.

That being said in the following,

Notice the 2 parodies as #2 and #3 referring to:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8769/Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konnani_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_(2011)
These 2 series most likely. The ranking itself was rather well though of and all the secrets along with gimmicks how to make readers read were being shown. This includes Guilty’s Crown problems of let’s throw some shit to pleases viewers like fan service or the bitching of a certain girl into a whore. Oh yeah I SEE IT NOW! HAAHAHAHAH! I SEE IT! More than ever! I should go see the creator of this series to pay him Sake. I am sure me and him could really exchange some ideas of the world.

Anyway few last things to make it short. First of all Watashi in the following,

WOW! Do you see the nice robe she wears? Even better how some details of her chest are shown rather very nicely and with modesty. Now it was better with the fan service part but that’s another reference that proves that yeah we get more interested if there is fan service being a male that is, however for me it’s I learned to erase some sections of acceptance of fan service in anime but generally whether male or female it’s to attract attention that it’s used for and the censoring in TV is to plain out make money for Bds. Considering the cost differences guess one is harsher than the other one.

Now that is out of the way Watashi in pajamas in the spoiler
is another reference to:
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=35075
Possibly to show that even myself got enticed at Watashi in pajamas. Proving once more gimmicks working. What can I say, being quite open lots works on me. Might edit later.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 23, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2008
Dragon Ball reference ................ that is all .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 23, 2012 4:54 AM
Aug 2011
When Y mentioned the publishing of storyboards, the first thing that came to mind was HaitusxHaitus.

But, that one is actually popular. So the possibility of that getting cancelled or getting a forced end isn't exactly high.

5/5
Jul 23, 2012 5:32 AM
Jun 2008
so let see this ep

main & Y in room of white then some search a door & oh here main's assiant.
room getting darker so draw something it works.
seeing in world of manga making so much idea for manga story to go all up.
from battles to sports to food & etc oh door here fairy say goes light-out cue "bye".
see list of manga then Y going many ideas seem working.
til slowly JUMP THE SHARKS of many even try expand it sinking.
after running going to point to classic designs cue the "bye".
& oh everyone look ok give wonder was it real or dream or inception?

onwards to next ep.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 23, 2012 5:39 AM
Jan 2011
Jul 23, 2012 6:36 AM

Nov 2010
In the epilogue bridge (small appendix after the ED), the i told that her sales were only four copies in a positive tone. Good for you. Only creators can feel the sense of achievement.
Jul 23, 2012 6:52 AM

Aug 2011
Akiyama said:
(」・ワ・)」(つ・ワ・)つ

LOL!!!!! X'D!!!
Jul 23, 2012 7:14 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was a bit disappointing, but the rest of the episode was as strong as ever. Great commentary, nice humor. 4/5.
Jul 23, 2012 7:26 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Liked this episode much better than last week. Had some pretty funny moments. The fairies are awesome.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Apr 23, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

prismheart - Sep 16, 2012

246 by superwaha »»
Feb 24, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.