Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 12, 2012 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The woman kind of cared about what the part-timer guy said.

He is hard time to get near her because there's the ghost getting in his way. Though he got alone time with her and got the ghost jealous of getting his position stolen, it's still hard to get her.

Oh, they are from floral school.

The woman is getting fever the next day, and the ghost cannot do anything even though he cares about her. The ghost's yell woke part-timer guy up. When he arrived, the ghost asked him to help out.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 12, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2009
I like how everything falls back to that question in the end. Which is more cruel, the one who left or the one who was left alone? Real talk!
[right]

Jul 12, 2012 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
As expected, the dead husband is feeling helpless, and recognizing that Rokka needs someone by her side. Yet when Rokka was in that state she called out her husband's name, I feel that would make Hazuki distance himself a bit. I expect some changes in their relationships coming up. Speculations aside, great episode. Looking forward to next week.
MissileSoupJul 12, 2012 2:25 PM
Jul 12, 2012 1:46 PM

Dec 2011
This episode was really great, they balanced out the emotion and comedy so perfectly. You actually don't know who to feel sorry for and support more.

At first I thought it was kind of mean of Shimao to do that to Hazuki but after seeing his wife helpless like that and calling out his name, not being able to do anything is really, it must really hurt =/

Anyway Natsuyuki Rendezvous is looking to be a very promising romance, really looking forward to the next ep :D
Jul 12, 2012 1:48 PM
Jan 2012
Two episodes in and I'm feeling very invested in the characters already, as I find this very beautifully told. My main concern is how fast Hazuki tries to tell Rokka about him seeing her husband's ghost, and obviously her reactions and thoughts to such a bizarre statement - cause really, I'd go mad to with-hold such a thing, even if it meant re-igniting her lingering feelings, whatever they may be. Or being labelled a nutjob for that matter, oh, the irony.

Bring on next week!
Jul 12, 2012 1:49 PM

Apr 2011
Don't know who too feel bad for :c
Jul 12, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
I'm loving this episode. Rokka and Hazuki both seemed bold. Rokka kissing Hazuki (even tough she ran away) and Hazuki pushing Rokka down. I burst out laughing at Shimao's stubbornness

I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses.
Jul 12, 2012 2:01 PM

May 2010
Shimao is such a troll, LOL. I love him. But I feel so bad for him. I know he's going to make me cry in the end. T.T
I don't even know what to think about Hazuki. Part of me thinks he's a total dick for trying to steal someone's wife, but the other part says Rokka would be happy with him. Urgh. T_T
Jul 12, 2012 2:24 PM

Jul 2010
I feel so bad for each of them.Its really depressing.Anyway, it was an amazing episode, and Shimao made me lol so much.
The thing i was surpised about most was Roka's ''will i end up having sex with Hazuki?'' - i was like WHAA.

5/5 i literally can't wait to see next episodes.

FranLawliet said:
Part of me thinks he's a total dick for trying to steal someone's wife, but the other part says Rokka would be happy with him. Urgh. T_T

He doesn't steal anyone's wife wth :/ it would be a different thing if Shimao is alive, but he isn't.He have all rights to try his chances with her.
Jul 12, 2012 2:25 PM

Mar 2012
This was a great episode!

The characters are excellent, and the emotional weight was balanced perfectly with the bits of levity throughout the episode.

Although I somewhat feel bad for Shimao, I definitely feel a bit worse for Hazuki, considering the obstacles and interruptions he constantly has to endure due to Shimao's stubbornness.

Overall, I'm loving the romance so far, and the complex nature of the story is fascinating to watch. I can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 12, 2012 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
Another great episode. Laughed when the ghost guy interfered with the kiss lol. Well, hope manager will be alright. Looking forward to next episode.

Jul 12, 2012 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
That ghost is such a cock block.

5/5
Jul 12, 2012 2:53 PM

Jan 2010

SO SAD. I actually tried to contain myself but still teared up a bit.
SO CONFUSED, I support them all!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2012 2:54 PM

Mar 2011
What a great show. I loved this episode.
I was surprised at how daring Rokka was, I expected it to be one of those '4/5 through the series is when I finally kiss you' kind of thing.
Tch, her husband pissed me off and yet at the mane time made my heart go out for him.

>,<

5/5
EdefremJul 12, 2012 3:22 PM
Jul 12, 2012 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
Rokka was pretty daring going for the kiss on Ryuusuke but garlic got the best of both of them.

And dat husband ghost...just loves to make Ryuusuke's life that much harder with those silly faces, lol. Of course, Ryuusuke should have not blurted about making Rokka forget her hushand. Those words really hurt her.
Jul 12, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2012
Interested in what happens next. If only the husband and Shimao stop getting into pointless fights that confuse Rokka...

The date scene was pretty cute too.
Jul 12, 2012 3:10 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode. Complete with comedy, drama and exciting flicks. But damn it! It felt soo fast... :(

Poor Shimao-san. I really feel sorry for him. He probably feel so helpless. And when both of them said "I'm the one who wants to cry", I feel like crying too..

Jul 12, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2008
Yup, top notch episode from the anime of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2012 3:44 PM

Jan 2011
You've gotta watch that garlic when you are out on a hot date, although when both people are eating it, it's not quite so bad. After watching this episode I've come to the conclusion that Shimao is bound by his wife's wish on his deathbed and he won't be free to move on until she is finally willing to release him. That may take some time and it's going to require a little more patience and sensitivity from Ryuusuke, but I think Rokka's worth it.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 12, 2012 3:45 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
The dreaded Sleeping Without a Blanket Fever strikes again. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.
Jul 12, 2012 3:49 PM

Mar 2010
This episode did things to my heart, good luck topping that, summer season
Jul 12, 2012 3:53 PM

Oct 2008
I found myself yelling at the computer. God, it's so difficult; my feelings are all over the place.. but yes, I'm definitely loving this.
Mauru23Jul 12, 2012 6:57 PM
Jul 12, 2012 4:04 PM

Oct 2008
I love Rokka, seriously. While she does have lingering feelings for her late-husband, she still recognizes that she has to move on sometime and actually made a move herself. And Hazuki's pretty good about making his way into her heart, but he'll have to learn to keep his thoughts to himself if he wants to avoid situations like what happened in this episode. Shimao is also a very amusing character, yet sympathetic at the same time. Honestly, who could leave Rokka alone? I know I couldn't...

This is definitely the best series of the season, no contest...
Jul 12, 2012 4:06 PM

Oct 2011
That husband is first rate psychopath (or spoiled brat)
but than she will kill herself and join him in emo-universe XD

still good episode (in parts without him) and I hope it will be creative later on
I like more "romance" in Uta Koi but this is also very good
Dalek-bakaJul 12, 2012 4:20 PM
Jul 12, 2012 4:18 PM

Jan 2012
Their relationship is moving along FAAAAAAST!
Jul 12, 2012 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
i am not quite sure whether i'm getting emotional tonight or this episode Is depressing ;~;
oh Shimao's feeling of helplessness made tear up a lil bit ;~;
this anime can't get more beautiful <3
5\5

Jul 2012
Wow that was great! Can't wait for the next episode.

Jul 2010
Both of them were left behind in a sense, because the husband can't leave. It's just so sad. I was crying near the end where Shimao felt so helpless. The stories where a spouse dies really gets inside my heart, I just find it so depressing. And one of my uncle is now going through intense cancer treatment, and it doesn't look too good. I just feel so bad for his wife. Although I can't directly identify with their situation, it still really hurts knowing that this is close to me as well.

I honestly don't like Hazuki. I mean, his feelings are important, but doesn't he want to respect their marriage? I don't want those vows to be broken, even if they are in death now. It always upsets me when people remarry after their spouse dies.. I just feel like their betraying their loved one. *sigh* so complicated.
Jul 12, 2012 4:48 PM

Jun 2007
this is why i hate watching dramas... i really end up digging them :(

this episode was definitely awesome. more interesting than a lot of whats airing scriptwise.

as for the who should i feel bad for thing. i think it's very situational. when Hazuki is being bothered by Shimao, i feel bad for Hazuki. Shimao is very well dead, and not even his living spouse can see him. his lingering around is pretty much also out of selfish reasons. but it also means how much he loved her. however, knowing this, and knowing that he can do nothing to return to the living, him being stubborn and getting in between Hazuki and Rokka, makes me say i feel bad for Hazuki. sure, they were married, sure they had vows. but as much as you like, you can't keep loving the dead. they meant something to you at one point, but once they're gone, you gotta move on. im not saying Rokka should forget Shimao, but that she's doing the right thing moving on.

and by situational i meant that i also feel bad for Shimao and his helplessness. although that is also brought on by his staying as a ghost. he can do nothing but bring himself painful suffering. he might be able to watch over his life-and-dead spouse, but, besides not letting anyone revive Rokka's affection and not letting anyone in to her heart, he can't do anything. i believe it's just bringing along more suffering. blahblahblah.yes, Shimao is the bad guy
Jul 12, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2008
Hazuki, did you know that it's bad to sleep with that much plants?

T___T, this episode is so sad. I can really feel the ghost feelings...
They did a super good job at protraying it.
KuriniJul 12, 2012 5:07 PM
Jul 12, 2012 5:18 PM

Dec 2008
This show is absolutely flawless!! The animation is superb and the character design is gorgeous. Rokka looks so adorable!!

I understand why Shimao is still hanging around. Rokka begged him not to leave her...so he didn't. He's fulfilling Rokka's request. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much good when you no one can see or hear you, and you're unable to help during a crisis. Shimao's reaction to his predicament broke my heart.

I know Rokka loves Shimao and misses him dearly. Still, I would love to see her move on and be with Hazuki. Hazuki's kind of on the pathetic side, but I REALLY like him!!
Jul 12, 2012 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
OMG!

Beautiful ep!
I think Shimao and Hazuki will become best pals in next eps.

Threesome forever! ;_;
OrulyonJul 12, 2012 6:07 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 12, 2012 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
I cried ^^
the 2nd episode is awesome, I'm going to watch it again
starving to death looking for the next episode.
Jul 12, 2012 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
porkypink said:
Which is more cruel, the one who left or the one who was left alone?
that part was so sad !___! </3

Cratex said:
The dreaded Sleeping Without a Blanket Fever strikes again.

it amazes how they get sick so quickly just because they slept without a blanket xD
what if it was summer or spring?
Jul 12, 2012 6:56 PM

Dec 2011
Did Rokka kiss him on the cheek or the lips? I hope his cheek. The relationship between Ryuusuke and Rokka isn't solid yet.

Atsushi needs to go away. Totally ruined the moment. -_-

Im guessing that Atsushi died of cancer? Radiation therapy was mentioned. ._.?

Jul 12, 2012 7:16 PM

Nov 2007
I'm the one who wants to cry. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 12, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2008
FranLawliet said:
Shimao is such a troll, LOL. I love him. But I feel so bad for him. I know he's going to make me cry in the end. T.T
I don't even know what to think about Hazuki. Part of me thinks he's a total dick for trying to steal someone's wife, but the other part says Rokka would be happy with him. Urgh. T_T

He's not stealing anybody's wife. Shimao is dead, and the fact of the matter is that he has to move on. I admit I do feel bad for him, but there's nothing more for him to do there. Hazuki is a nice guy, and I'm all for him to be with Rokka. Of course Rokka has to first make peace with her husbands death, and realize that she has a right to be happy and move on.

Shimao is been selfish, although I can understand it, b/c he still loves her, but....anyways I feel sorry for all of them in this episode. It was pretty sad there at the end. I'm sure Hazuki was hurt hearing her saying her husband's name, and Shimao not been able to do anything must have also hurt.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 12, 2012 7:46 PM
Mar 2011
i bet, after this is done, it will become a real life drama tv show
or at least it should be
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jul 12, 2012 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY GOD MY HEARTTT!!! T___T </3
Jul 12, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome anime is awesome, really great story I can't wait!!
Jul 12, 2012 8:06 PM

Sep 2009
That scene at the ending with the ED just killed me ;-;
Jul 12, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2011
For someone who so easily brought of the matter of love until death do they part Atsushi brought out that lonely sadness of his situation so well. I imagine that Hazuki won't just be good for Rokka but become a sort of companion for Atsushi while he's around as well. Even though Atsushi does see Hazuki as someone getting in the way of his love it must still be something of a relief to know that both someone cares about his wife and that there's someone else he can talk to. That last glance from Hazuki at Atsushi's figure shows that he is aware of some of the emotions swirling around Atsushi despite the casual way he acts.
Jul 12, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2010
This story so far is turning out great, Childish but caring husband, Widow who want to but cant let go form being torn and someone who there but cant man up sometimes even though they kinda want to be together, imo this has a very adult feel to it and its gonna be my fav of the season. SOO GOOD lol

Sidenote: the thought of have sex while someone dead husband or wife is hover around give me the willes just saying

Man up damn it.
Jul 12, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2009
I teared up. I feel bad for everyone and I'm rooting for everyone. Looking forward to more.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jul 12, 2012 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
well... another great episode.
Jul 12, 2012 9:49 PM

Jan 2008
This was a good episode, however, the husband is a moron.. he's just thinking about himself at this moment, he needs to let her be happy if he truly cares for her. She deserves to be happy.
Jul 12, 2012 10:22 PM

Jan 2012
-khriz- said:
This was a good episode, however, the husband is a moron.. he's just thinking about himself at this moment, he needs to let her be happy if he truly cares for her. She deserves to be happy.

I think he sees how much she is still thinking about their past and that is making it very difficult for him. As much as he wants her to move on, he is stuck aswell and still loves her. He obviously wants her to be happy but it is tough for him.

Anyways, I loved this episode. Every character is great IMO. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 12, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2011
Shimao, I know you're gong to make me cry later on.

I can't support either! I love them both. ;A;
Jul 12, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
wow this was a good mix of dramatic,sweet and funny
5/5!
i want more!
Jul 12, 2012 10:54 PM

Mar 2009
THIS ANIME IS AMAZING.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.