Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2012 1:49 AM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Joker = Doflamingo. Kudos to whoever called that one.

Rather upset Vergo ate the burger off his face...Looked cool.
84DaysWithoutJul 4, 2012 2:27 AM
Jul 4, 2012 3:04 AM

Jan 2012
HOLY SHIT. MORE DOFLAMINGO
Jul 4, 2012 3:09 AM

Nov 2009
o_O
Jul 4, 2012 3:17 AM

May 2011
DOFLAMINGO!!?? O_O

Damn, shit just began serious.
Jul 4, 2012 3:21 AM

Nov 2009
Ekstah said:
HOLY SHIT. MORE DOFLAMINGO

I've missed his sadistic smile.
Jul 4, 2012 3:34 AM

Jun 2010
Doflamingo = Shit got Real indeed.
Jul 4, 2012 3:34 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Joker was Doflamingo... O_O I gotta say, I remember someone in here mentioning Joker was Doflamingo. That was a pretty good catch.

*jaw drop*
Jul 4, 2012 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
So Law, Vergo and Doflamingo (joker) where together in a crew, I never see that coming o.0
Jul 4, 2012 3:41 AM

Jul 2010
Shit just got real indeed o_o
Jul 4, 2012 3:44 AM

Aug 2010
Lol at the burger on Vergo XD

Loved seeing those 3 in a cell together...and Law used to work for Donflamingo O_O
Jul 4, 2012 3:59 AM

May 2012
Finally Donflamingo!I missed him.
Jul 4, 2012 4:12 AM
Sep 2007
Ohh this arc turning out to be awesome.
Hi
Jul 4, 2012 4:13 AM

Feb 2012
Hah, I knew that Joker was Doflamingo, that dude is always causing trouble for our guys.

Vergo is a vice-admiral and the boss of G-5, holy shit and this situation is exactly like that one in Alabasta, good old times.
Jul 4, 2012 4:20 AM

Feb 2010
well it was foreshadowed for a long time that Doflamingo was the boss of a large underground organization and enough ppl predict him to be law's boss but it always nice having conformation^^
Jul 4, 2012 4:50 AM

Feb 2010
Ok, so this Vergo dude was under Doflamingo and he put down Law fairly quickly. I think we all have a hunch on this already, Doflamingo's ability and power far exceed what his bounty indicate.

Hype for the crash, this is epic.
Jul 4, 2012 6:44 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, it feels so good to have my prediction comfirmed. I knew this whole thing had Doflamingo written all over it.
Oda has showed us what Doflamingo is capable of and once it was mentioned that someone has been "keeping" things quiet, it could only be Doflamingo.

This chapter started a bit slow but no worries.
It's good that these guys are all together now.
Law can switch Smokers body back and i'm sure they'll team up to fight.
Jul 4, 2012 6:48 AM

Aug 2008
wow, so people were right about Doflamingo is going to appear in this arc :O
good! I was always curious about him, so maybe he would get beaten up in the arc, even though I was sure he is going to appear almost at the end of One Piece...
haha chopper is still in the lab! I can't wait for him to do something :P

who would have thought that law worked with doflamingo? One Piece is full of mysterious!
Jul 4, 2012 6:49 AM
Jan 2011
Well, of course Doflamingo's power far exceed what his bounty indicate, as he is a Shichibukai. It couldn't grow. >_>

Seriously, props to everyone who called Doflamingo being a part of this and even more props to the ones calling him as joker.

This arc just got a damn lot more interesting than it already was.
Jul 4, 2012 6:54 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome chapter!

Not surprising Law was a former crew member considering the Heart Pirate's jolly roger looks somewhat like Doflamingo's (as did Bellamy's).
Jul 4, 2012 6:59 AM

Apr 2011
Great Chapter 4.5 / 5 for me ...

i really hope we see more of Doflamingo this arc or next one :) !

how epic would it be if we saw a battle like, ... luffy and law vs Doflamingo !!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2012 7:12 AM
Mar 2012
actually people were just predicting randomly, some guys said that vergo was aokiji, another one said it was vegapunk XD.
Anyway I don't think doflamingo is gonna appear soon, he's the type of person that just throws things away like the 2 noobs and the human shop, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up on subordinates that aren't by his side, in fact doflamingo could be in a far island now. And since luffy and law are planning on fighting a yonko after this arc, it just proves what I said more
btw forget luffy and law vs doflamingo, they probably can't even handle his subordinate virgo together
Jul 4, 2012 7:14 AM
Mar 2011
what a surprise Doflamingo i always wanted to know more about him.
this arc will be the best ever
Jul 4, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
So it was Doflamingo..
Excellent chapter, this is getting more serious every chapter.
Jul 4, 2012 8:16 AM

Jul 2009
is Doflamingo strong? only got into OP during impel downn...
Jul 4, 2012 8:22 AM

Apr 2009
Kurogashi said:

How do you even follow all of the subplots when you ignored over 80% of the story? And you should've seen a glimpse of Doflamingo's power and influence during the Marineford arc and its aftermath. I strongly suggest you to (re)read the whole manga...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 4, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2009
Kurogashi said:

Personally, I think he's a sadist. Interestingly enough, he's the only known Shichibukai that the SH have yet to formally meet.
Jul 4, 2012 8:27 AM

Jul 2009
lol to me, i just thought the giant was very weak.
Jul 4, 2012 8:30 AM

Nov 2009
Kurogashi said:
lol to me, i just thought the giant was very weak.

Well yea, Oars JR wasn't what you'd consider strong, but he's probably more formidable than most.....and DoFlamingo severed his leg with his hands.

While laughing hysterically. Plus his underling just pwned Law with little effort, if that means anything.
Jul 4, 2012 8:31 AM

Dec 2011
Finally, Doflamingo takes the stage. I knew that Law and him are connected somehow. AHahahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2012 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
I knew it! I called it two chapters ago. My exact words was that Joker was Doflamingo's alias.

-Jinsei- said:
I think the guy in the shadows is probably Vegapunk.

And the reason why Monet seems to know the guy in the shadows (who presumably is Vegapunk) is because she is a double agent pretending to be Caesar Clown's subordinante when she is probably spying on him on Vegapunk's behalf.

And I think Joker is Doflamingo's alias. Doflamingo's Jolly Roger is a smiley face and he's always seen smiling or laughing so it would make sense if Joker is Doflamingo.
Jul 4, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2009
-Jinsei- said:
I knew it! I called it two chapters ago. My exact words was that Joker was Doflamingo's alias.

-Jinsei- said:
I think the guy in the shadows is probably Vegapunk.

And the reason why Monet seems to know the guy in the shadows (who presumably is Vegapunk) is because she is a double agent pretending to be Caesar Clown's subordinante when she is probably spying on him on Vegapunk's behalf.

And I think Joker is Doflamingo's alias. Doflamingo's Jolly Roger is a smiley face and he's always seen smiling or laughing so it would make sense if Joker is Doflamingo.

The CIA needs people like you.
Jul 4, 2012 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
Doflamingo! Things are getting really good. I'm hoping Luffy, Smoker and Law team up. Looks like Vergo alone is too much for them though.

5/5 for this chapter.
Jul 4, 2012 10:25 AM

Feb 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Doflamingo = Shit got Real indeed.

so true
Jul 4, 2012 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
wow doflamingo.. my favorite shichibukai..

shit got real indeed..
i guess now Law will return the hart to Smoker (well after they free themselves)
Jul 4, 2012 11:25 AM

Jan 2011
da hell it was a burger?! i thought it was some kind of broken face guard lol..but Doflamingo showing up in this arc will be great.
Jul 4, 2012 11:58 AM

May 2008
Wow. This arc is very interesting.
Jul 4, 2012 2:35 PM

Oct 2009
SilentTruth said:
DOFLAMINGO!!?? O_O

Damn, shit just began serious.
lucariogx said:
So Law, Vergo and Doflamingo (joker) where together in a crew, I never see that coming o.0

These. =D
Jul 4, 2012 4:00 PM

Jun 2012
It's only a matter of time before we find out about Doflamingo's DF ability :O
Jul 4, 2012 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
PirateKingz said:

I guess his DF is puppet-puppet fruit. XD
Jul 4, 2012 5:20 PM

Apr 2008
-Shuda- said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Oda made the biggest plot-twist in history and told us that he is Sabo. (Calling it

...Except for the fact that Doflamingo is 40 years old and was present at the execution of Gol D. Roger....it was clearly shown in the manga.
Sir_InqedJul 4, 2012 5:36 PM
Jul 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Feb 2011
Sir_Inqed said:
-Shuda- said:
I've been anticipating this for years. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda made the biggest plot-twist in history and told us that he is Sabo. (Calling it

...Except for the fact that Doflamingo is 40 years old and was present at the execution of Gol D. Roger....it was clearly shown in the manga.

Yea, haha.
He had been present at the execution and that would be one of the worst plot twist. Their styles are quite different
Jul 4, 2012 5:27 PM

May 2011
Sir_Inqed said:
-Shuda- said:
I've been anticipating this for years. I wouldn't be surprised if Oda made the biggest plot-twist in history and told us that he is Sabo. (Calling it

Ninja'd before I could edit my post, was in the heat of the moment ^^. Of course he isn't Sabo, logically speaking (age-wise). Also, "I've been anticipating this for years" was the opening sentence. Why mix it in with the random Sabo sentence that was near the end? It projects a different phrase entirely than What I wrote. Guess I'll requote myself.

-Shuda- said:
I've been anticipating this for years. Doflamingo is the "real" villain in OP (not final). I doubt this is going to be his arc but from here on to when the time comes, we will all be in for a hell of a ride.

- He infiltrated the World Government and the Marines and has direct access to people ranked above Fleet Admiral.
- Is the unrivalled underground King, Joker.
- High ranked in the Slave Trade business
- Royal Shichibukai
- Former leader of various individuals and groups (Bellamy, Law and Vergo, so far)

(I know I forgot a few more)

He is definitely the most deserving man for the name Joker. He has all his cards on the table and watches all the pawns in the world dance. There is no other Devil's Fruit or ability more befitting, for he is the puppet master.
--
I'm really interested in Law's back story too now. Him teaming up with Luffy and Smoker is inevitable.

One Piece is going to step up from here on out.
Kayaba-Jul 4, 2012 5:34 PM
Jul 4, 2012 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
Ok, I'm a little confused...
I read some comments here, and I don't get it. Since when was this name "Joker" ever mentioned in one piece up until now?

Doflamingo always was a shady type of character and I think he was involved with some things, but I would have never guessed that he had to do with law and that vice admiral guy.

And another thing that I'm a little confused about. law defeated smoker who was a vice admiral but got easily defeated by this Vergo guy (without even a fight) who is ranked the same as smoker. So how does that make sense? If Vergo is really that strong, shouldn't he be ranked as admiral or something?
Never go full retard
Jul 4, 2012 5:34 PM

Apr 2008
@ - Shuda-

Wasn't my intention, didn't realize I hadn't fully deleted the beginning part before I posted the message. But fixed anyways.
Jul 4, 2012 5:40 PM

May 2011
@ Sir_Inqed

Ah, no problem. Thanks.

5HAD0WFREAK said:
Ok, If Vergo is really that strong, shouldn't he be ranked as admiral or something?

I don't think Vergo could cause the cataclysm that Aokiji and Akainu did, or tilt an entire island upside down like a cripple Whitebeard (who couldn't easily handle admirals). It just emphasizes the admirals and yonkou even further.

In response to your question though, I think it just goes to show that rank and bounty aren't everything . Garp is a perfect example, he was strong enough to be an admiral in his prime yet he refused the offers. Also, Moria and Mihawk are both Shichibukai but I think the difference between them is immeasurable. Doflamingo had a bounty 100million less than Law too, but I think it's obvious who the bigger threat it.

Things in the new world are probably moving/changing too fast for the Government to keep up with.
Kayaba-Jul 4, 2012 5:46 PM
Jul 4, 2012 5:51 PM

Jun 2009
-Shuda- said:

Things in the new world are probably moving/changing too fast for the Government to keep up with.

the war lord mroe or less controll the new world not the navy they are there but its the warloads
Jul 4, 2012 5:58 PM

May 2011
imperlast said:
-Shuda- said:

the war lord mroe or less controll the new world not the navy they are there but its the warloads

True as well. But what I meant to say was, the bounties of pirates and the ranks of their own officers can possibly lag behind because everything is so crazy and changing. You can't power-scale solely on status, Beli or rank alone (like comparing two Vice-Admirals or Shichibukai). Yonkou and Admiral are a somewhat exception of course, since we know they're all past a certain line or they wouldn't be called that.
Kayaba-Jul 4, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 4, 2012 8:37 PM

May 2011
I was disappointed at first for it turned out that Vergo turned out to be a Vice-Admiral but then began grinning again when he said that he happens to be a double agent. :D And I lol'd at the Alabasta reference - Punk Hazard is going to be about as epic at that.

Law turning out to be Doflamingo's subordinate - explains the smiley face.

Joker = Doflamingo - WHAAAA!!! O_O

I live for moments like these in One Piece.

-Shuda- said:
I've been anticipating this for years. Doflamingo is the "real" villain in OP (not final). I doubt this is going to be his arc but from here on to when the time comes, we will all be in for a hell of a ride.

- He infiltrated the World Government and the Marines and has direct access to people ranked above Fleet Admiral.
- Is the unrivalled underground King, Joker.
- High ranked in the Slave Trade business
- Royal Shichibukai
- Former leader of various individuals and groups (Bellamy, Law and Vergo, so far)

(I know I forgot a few more)

He is definitely the most deserving man for the name Joker. He has all his cards on the table and watches all the pawns in the world dance. There is no other Devil's Fruit or ability more befitting, for he is the puppet master.
--
I'm really interested in Law's back story too now. Him teaming up with Luffy and Smoker is inevitable.

One Piece is going to step up from here on out.

Jumping on your speculation ship for it seems mind-blowing. And, in light of the recent revelations, I won't be surprised if its true.

Gah, now looking forward to Law, Luffy & Smoky teaming up!
Jul 4, 2012 9:04 PM

Nov 2009
Kurini said:
PirateKingz said:

I guess his DF is puppet-puppet fruit. XD
Doflamingo manipulates wires. I am almost 100% certain about this.
He uses wires to control people.
He sliced Oars' leg clean.
When he cuts off Crocodile's head during Marineford before they battle, you can see a shimmer of light along a straight line pass through his neck for a brief moment.
I don't think it's a DF. I'm completely confident it's wires.
Jul 4, 2012 10:21 PM
Oct 2011
AnimePoop said:
Sir_Inqed said:
-Shuda- said:

Yea, haha.
He had been present at the execution and that would be one of the worst plot twist. Their styles are quite different

AND don't forget Luffy's father picked up sabo at the end of the flashaback, so he'd most likely still be with him.. I wonder when we'll get an arc with the Revolutionary army...
Once a man loves a woman he will do anything for her, except continuing to love her...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

15 by DarttheLegend »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 401 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

10 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 1:58 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 771 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Barion-Zara - Dec 18, 2014

92 by KoniginElle »»
May 7, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.