Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2012 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
I don't hate Misa, she looks pretty cute with straight hair.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 13, 2013 9:40 PM

Feb 2012
Feorg said:
The series is getting increasingly ridiculous. If Light is such a genius, how come he didn't see through his father's act? Did he really believe that the government and the *UN* quickly approved their execution without a trial or that these bodies have the power to make that call in the first place? And Misa, after being confined in conditions that would be classified as torture, she's just happy to get the protection of the people who tortured her?

Agreed with all.
Apr 21, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
I hope Light will get his Death Note back.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 3, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
The series are being even stranger than the past ones,i just can't understand what is happening now!
Does he is trying to pretend to be innocent,or he really changed?
Seems that no,he is lying to all of them only to be innocent,or i'm wrong?
Now i think that their team thinks that Light is not Kira,and L seems to be confused...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 8, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
OriginANIME said:
Why does everyone hate Misa? I feel she adds a nice element to the anime. :D

I don't hate her XD
She's god.. oh wait wrong seriesShe's cute maybe?

Hakuromatsu said:
Feorg said:
The series is getting increasingly ridiculous. If Light is such a genius, how come he didn't see through his father's act? Did he really believe that the government and the *UN* quickly approved their execution without a trial or that these bodies have the power to make that call in the first place? And Misa, after being confined in conditions that would be classified as torture, she's just happy to get the protection of the people who tortured her?

Agreed with all.

Light, he can't see it because he got stressed in the confinement?
Also add shocked element...

and Misa, it's called blissfullness (they didn't really torture her) XD
"Signature removed"
May 10, 2013 4:36 PM

May 2013
i wish that it would go back to being kira vs l you know what i mean? not liking all of this new stuff. its like everything has been building up and now l is completely in the dark again :)
May 10, 2013 4:37 PM

May 2013
Brego1 said:
I feel as if the director and screenwriter went on holiday and someone else did this episode. It's completely different and lacks the seriousness and panache of the other 17. And Light is a complete different person too.
this
Jul 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2013
Why is Light still like this holy person? Has he really changed? Or was this his plan all along? At the beginning of the episode, he was shown to be up to something right before his 50 day-long imprisonment. So this is just an act. Right?
The end of the episode! God damn. I was like wut wut wut?
I liked the episode, kind of, but felt that this is a bit over-the-top.
Jul 22, 2013 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
While watching this episode, I kind of felt like the quality started dropping. And I'm not alone apparently, just look at the poll: only 57% loved it as opposed to the first couple of episodes where the loving percentage was about 90%.
Hopefully this is just a temporary thing.
Aug 7, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, this kid can act...

Oh and the car scene. Obviously staged. LOL I know for certain that he doesn't die this early in a 37-episode series. =P
Aug 19, 2013 2:08 AM

May 2013
Light lost his cool hahahaha when will he have his deathnote back?
Nov 23, 2013 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
I liked how Rem thinks humans are ugly creatures, instead of Ryuuk, who thinks we're interesting :P

Good episode. Matsuda is kinda cute, I wouldn't mind having him as my bodyguard ^^
Dec 6, 2013 6:42 PM
Aug 2013
Now that the serious Light is out of the picture, I think the quality of the show is going to/already has dropped. I miss the psycho that was Light with the Death Note.
Dec 14, 2013 3:14 PM

Jan 2013
Minute 2:30. I just realized did ever L ask Light if he loves Amane? o.O
Hmm seems like this wasn't an issue. So Light remembered Amane too. This raises the question what will happen with the new guy? Proly he will be caught.
Interesting turn point.

I felt like this episode was for a release of pressure over all that was happening. It will probably continue like this until Light gets back with a death note.
Also this episode was kinda funny :D.
Jan 24, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
urrrrgurgg have no idea what's going on!!!
Jan 26, 2014 11:46 PM

Oct 2013
dont really like that rem's deathnote is being used to further the yotsuba group's bank.

kinda lame
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 7, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
Now after nearly being executed Light is handcuffed to L lol.
Jun 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2014
Xykij said:
Now that the serious Light is out of the picture, I think the quality of the show is going to/already has dropped. I miss the psycho that was Light with the Death Note.
Same here :/
Sep 10, 2014 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Knew what was coming in that car scene, but that's whatever. I don't even know what's going on with all these other Kira guys though. Don't know if I'm going to dig that.
Oct 8, 2014 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
seems everyone thinks this episode was a drop in quality. I don't disagree.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 9, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2009
comedy in this show just doesn't fit :/ ... the dark factor is there, use it >_< really cruddy episode
Nov 20, 2014 12:26 AM

Sep 2014
Feels like this anime's gonna have a much different flow starting now...
Jan 6, 2015 11:04 PM
Dec 2014
Wow. Alot happens in this episode.
Mar 17, 2015 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
Oh well, eventhough it was fairly obvious that it was all an act, that was as far as L could do to conclude the situtation. Light's plan worked with delay, both of their suspicion status is now almost in the state existing before Misa's arrest. But that costed Light renouncing his Death Note... seemingly.

But at least one thing is clear now: Rem handed Death Note over to one of the guys in that company for time being to commit all murders while Light was in surveillance. Now that Light is freed from the surveillance, L and Light will continue pursuing "Kira" like before with exception of "Kira" being some clueless businessman now while Light being only conscious of his "non-Kira" self where he won't even need to act and end the businessman up as guilty of all overall mass-murders of "Kira" which will eventually lead everyone believing the case is solved afterwards. And somehow Rem will return Death Note to Light after the guy ends up executed as "Kira" where Light subsequently can have a fresh start. This looks like the most possible and safest plan Rem and Light came up with to me. Brilliant.
NozdrefMar 17, 2015 6:39 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 22, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2011
Oh no, don't tell me this is where the series starts losing momentum...

Light's "reverted" personality is waaaay more innocent than he was in the first episode before he picked up the Death Note. Comedy was weird... and off - killed the intensity. And that car scene logic... why would L even bother to go thru the world leaders and UN? Kill off Kira and admit it afterwards...
Apr 25, 2015 3:45 AM
Nov 2014
Loved how intense the part in teh car :P

Predictable episode but I still ENJOYED watching it :D
May 12, 2015 3:13 AM
Dec 2011
L's die hard fan... i love you L :3
May 13, 2015 3:05 AM
Dec 2011
so thats what light did ... he got rid of the death note ownership both his and misa's then told REM to make someone in "yotsuba group" KIRA because it would be easy to notice if a powerful company acting weird :3
May 28, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
5/5
Jul 3, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
lol

now i can see where the fujoshis come in
Jul 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Apr 2014
Every time they showed Light and Misa in their cells they were handcuffed or or tied up. With the time line they had showed it would make for almost two months like that?! New arc time.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 31, 2015 6:00 AM
Jul 2015
I am totally confused right now!?!?

Aug 12, 2015 5:24 PM
Jan 2015
I knew it was some kind of test from the beginning. Rem saying that humans are really disgusting, just like Ryuk said they were interesting, was a pretty good way of showing the constrast betweeen them.

So, the new Kira is a Yotsuba executive....maybe they are behind the building so L can find the "third" Kira? It's a possibility. Maybe it's the president, since the third Kira seems to be targeting his vice(s).

L's paranoia is really justified even from an outside POV. I'm pretty sure his 5% are actually 95% now. He just needs to find the tool of murder. And I'm pretty sure the third Kira is even dumber than Misa, so it will be easy for him. Yeah Light, soon the only thing protecting you now is your amnesia, and maybe not even that.
Though, there's Rem. She may try to protect Light for Misa and Misa for....well, being Rem, but one death for that reason and she would be finished. Yeah, Light is finished. Unless he discovers L's name before that but then...Maybe the third Kira have to kill L to Light and be caught? But he would be that dumb?

Misa saying she would love L even more if she knew he was Kira was really funny.Even better were the reactions.
Oct 3, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2010
The intensity of rewatching this went down a bit, but it was still good. Not to mention That its been more than 5 years since I first watched this.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 7, 2015 12:53 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode was extremely predictable. Misa's commentary was fun though!

4/5
Nov 9, 2015 5:45 AM

Nov 2014
I found the car scene really intense! 4/5
Jan 19, 2016 12:50 PM

Dec 2015
It wasn't that predictable for me and I found everything very exciting. That car scene had me staring with my mouth half open :D Haha, I found it very good. And afterwards I could breathe more easily, which was nice too for a change. I liked this episode a lot, seems it was meant to give us some time to breathe more easily. We still don't know what will happen, but I think this episode is very good.
Getting used to the innocent Light and liking him too. Feels a bit off, but a nice change again. Now L and Light are like real friends! So great (for the time being, since it probably won't last long).

And L being called a pervert again xD Haha, poor L.
Rem disliking humans wasn't a surprise but it's interesting to see the contrast between her and Ryuk. Gosh Shinigami are awesome... why can't they be real.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jul 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2016
Well then... That was..ehm.. breathtaking episode.. just unbelievable, what happened tho Light, did he lose his memories as well? what will happen now?! All we know there is a new Kira n we will get a new fansy-pansy building! xD
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 4, 2016 9:34 PM

Dec 2014
2nd half atmosphere felt completely foreign to me ever since I started binge watching this show. But it's a bit warming to see a mentally innocent (is that a thing?) Light and L with a collab for once. Light definitely isn't off the hook though. Tragic hero is written all over him and they always end up with the same fate.
Dec 20, 2016 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
light and misa seem so boring and dumbed down now..
Apr 16, 2017 5:40 AM

Sep 2016
The only thing left me a deep impression was dat threesome date probably, which means nothing special happened in this ep. Even Aizawa couldn't stand anymore and had to kick out Misa.

That being said, I did wonder what happened at the end. It seemed that Rem gave the Death Note to someone who belongs to a large company management and they would use it for the sake of company profit?
Orikasa_MomijiApr 16, 2017 6:04 AM
Jun 25, 2017 3:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
misa is still a crazy girl, light becoming good and L beeing as nuts/genious as ever o.o

Aug 27, 2017 8:27 AM

Oct 2015
Now Light has a pretty solid evidence of his innocence given the fact that he himself doesn't know about it. But I trust L to eventually find it out. He should be able to suspect any supernaturalness regarding Light's change in behaviour since the killings itself is supernatural.
Sep 17, 2017 4:04 AM

May 2014
I don't know what I was expecting when I started Death Note, but I could never have guessed this was gonna happen.

Poor L has no idea that the case he's investigating now is basically a completely different one with a new Kira. Light doesn't even know he's the original Kira and that he's done all this to put himself in the clear.
Rem is just agreeing to Light's plan because she puts Misa's happiness above all else, and Ryuk...well I guess he just went back to the Shinigami realm??
Is he gonna come back? Because I miss him :/

And to think this all started with a high-school kid finding a notebook.
Look at this impressive web of lies Light has created...I almost admire him. Almost.

My guess is that Light and L are gonna find "Kira" and the case will be officially closed. I don't know what other plans Light put in action before Ryuk got rid of the Death Note, but it's probably something that allows him to regain a Death Note and continue his work as Kira. He probably knew he couldn't fool L by lying to him, but it becomes entirely different if he himself doesn't know he's lying.

Hopefully, L doesn't end up trusting him too much, because that was one of his main goals from the get go.
It's just ironic because now Light and L might genuinely get along and that's kind of tragic given the situation -_-

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2018 10:02 PM
Jan 2018
Well, it was pretty confusing at first. To be honest I can't seem to get the episode still. Also when the main character dies, that doesn't mean that the series would end. They could just introduce someone new and keep on going with the episodes. Although, it was pretty obvious that he wouldn't kill his own son by the looks of it and by how he acted. I still need someone to explain this for me.
Sep 24, 2018 7:38 PM

Sep 2018
I didn't necessarily dislike this episode, but I must say that I am hoping for something "off-the-wall" to happen to bring back some momentum.
Oct 1, 2018 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
hmm the anime totally changed now O.o
Light is not Kira anymore, but he has to have some plan to get back the death note he digged.

We got something that I predicted at the start of anime, that some 'mafia' boss got death note and is using it for his dirty work, but I would never expect that Light created him himself. It is new enemy for him.

Anyway Misa is great ;d the anime is so much better with her ;d Now that she lost her memory of DN she is super cute.
Too bad she won't ever be cleared from being second Kira.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 16, 2018 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
This really shows a contrast on how fast the Death Note corrupted Light.
I'm curious as to how others will react with a later episode... considering everyone thought this was predictable. I'm kind of hoping the extend this part more than the halfway point... hrm.

Feb 9, 2019 11:02 AM
Mar 2016
Ow, this entrapment was executed pretty poor and L is a fucking idiot for thinking that would work. Honestly I was hoping they'd kill off Light cause that would make the story far more interesting imo instead of us getting hyped for another potential death. Plus recovering to a decent story would be difficult but damn that would of been such a good twist. Best reaction from Light so far in that car scene
Feb 20, 2019 6:53 AM

Dec 2018
If Misa still had a death note, she would've killed Light's father.

L still suspecting Light as Kira even though all his plan failed against him. L, your reasoning is now unreasonable.

So Rem returned.....
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

UFO - Feb 14, 2007

110 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

109 by misterskinny »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 24, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.