Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Sukitte Ii na yo.' and 'Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun' To Be Animated [Update May 24]

New
May 22, 2012 3:02 AM

Feb 2008
According to the cover of Monthly Dessert magazine July issue, manga "Sukitte Ii na yo." and "Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun" were announced to get anime adaptations. The cast and staff will be revealed in the issue to be released on May 24th.

Source: Cover of Dessert magazine

Update May 24

Cast for Sukitte Ii na yo.
Mei Tachibana - Ai Kayano
Yamato Kurosawa - Takahiro Sakurai
Asami Oikawa - Risa Taneda
Kenji Nakanishi - Nobunaga Shimazaki
Aiko Mutou - Yumi Uchiyama

Staff
Director/Series Composition - Takuya Satou
Series Director - Toshimasa Kuroyanagi (art director for Kimi ni Todoke)
Character Design - Yoshiko Okuda (art director for Black Lagoon)
Animation - ZEXCS

Cast for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Shizuku Mizutani - Haruka Tomatsu
Haru Yoshida - Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Asako Natsume - Atsumi Tanezaki (in games such as Da Capo and Tayutama)
Souhei Sasahara - Ohsaka Ryouta
Kenji Yamaguchi - Takuma Terashima
Chizuru Ooshima - Kana Hanazawa
Yuuzan Yoshida - Yuuichi Nakamura
Mitsuyoshi Misawa - Tomoyuki Higuchi

Staff
Director - Hiro Kaburaki
Series Composition - Noboru Takagi
Character Design - Tomohiro Kishi (art director for Nodame Cantabile)
Animation - Brains Base

Source: Comic Natalie (Japanese)

Update May 24 Again

According to the official twitter for ZEXCS, Sukitte Ii na yo. will be a TV series.

Source: ZEXCS Official Twitter (Japanese)

Sukitte Ii na yo. and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 12, 2016 5:05 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2012 3:16 AM

Nov 2008
Oh my goooooood

this is pretty much the best graduation gift ever~ I really love both of those manga (especially Tonari no Kaibutsukun).
Even if I don't kow how they'll animate Sukitte, I can't really imagine it as an anime.
But we'll see!

Looking forward to them..
May 22, 2012 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
that's great! can't wait for Sukitte Ii na yo.
May 22, 2012 3:52 AM

Feb 2011
The sypnosis of Tonari no Kaibutsukun is incredibly terrible.

Mod Edit: Removal of troll quote.
KinetaMay 22, 2012 6:32 AM
May 22, 2012 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
Hey, they both actually sound like they could be good. I look forward to them~
May 22, 2012 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
Argh...
Really ? from all the shoujo manga out there they decided to animate this two?

morshuwarrior said:

Btw, the sypnosis of Tonari no Kaibutsukun is incredibly terrible.

It's not only the sypnosis and Sukitte Ii na yo shitty too.
May 22, 2012 4:04 AM

Dec 2008
I haven't read shoujo manga in a while but I did try Sukitter Ii na Yo...

Hmmm. Kinda interested to see how they'll do anime-style...
May 22, 2012 4:12 AM
Aug 2008
wooooooooow
finally shojo romance anime
^________^
May 22, 2012 4:15 AM

May 2010
FINALLY SOME SHOUJO?! Since Kimi ni Todoke there weren't any good ones so I'm very excited right now! Hope that those manga are good :D
May 22, 2012 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
I've read the first couple of chapters of Tonari no Kaibutsukun and it's okay so far. There are plenty of other shoujo manga that I would have liked to see animated though. Still, I'm excited! I love, love, love shoujo, so as long as it makes me squee, I'll be good.

Edit: So apparently Sukitte Ii na yo is smut... STILL GONNA WATCH!
Amutofan123May 22, 2012 4:34 AM

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

May 22, 2012 4:33 AM
Mar 2010
EDIT: I realize I got really worked up here. So I'm editing my message:
Please, please do give us shoujo lovers a break. Due to the past shoujo animes bad sales we barely get anything now. So..getting an OVA is like a miracle. Please don't ruin the little happiness we have by trolling and bashing shoujo or teasing it. It hurts you know?

and these two manga sell very well in japan. and it has lots of fans outside japan too. by posting messages like that you will naturally enrage fans.

and yet you complain when someone bashes an anime adaptation news you love. A little advice: practice what you preach.

there are5-7 romance shounens per season.

even if you don't like shoujo, even if you hate it and never want shoujo, please, think for a moment. how would you feel if the type of anime you loved was never made again?

this is just an eg: how would you feel if moe anime are never made again? I know that will never happen but think. How would you feel if only OVAs were made. yea. horrible isn't it?

so next time think twice before trolling. don't take away what little happiness we have, please.
phoenixaliaMay 22, 2012 10:09 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 22, 2012 4:52 AM
Mar 2010
AnimeMangaSuki said:
if only they would continue Hiyokoi *sigh*

I know right...its really unfortunate that the many girls who buy the manga don't buy the anime so it doesn't sell well. :( I'll never understand why girls who read the manga never buy the anime....
phoenixaliaMay 22, 2012 5:09 AM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 22, 2012 4:54 AM

Jul 2008
phoenixalia said:
honestly, WOULD YOU PEOPLE GIVE US SHOUJO LOVERS A REST ALREADY? Can't I access ONE thread about shoujo anime without you stupid trolls TROLLING AWAY TO GLORY?

yet you people are the ones who complain when someone posts something bad about shonen. Practice what you preach, honestly.

We BARELY get any shoujo anime as it is and you still don't even want us to get even THAT MUCH? You get 6-7 romance shounens per season, is that not ENOUGH FOR YOU?

Why take what little us shoujo lovers have? WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO YOU?

We get it, you're guys, you don't like shoujo. We don't want you to go 'yawning'(yes person up there, I'm referring to YOU). You're just wasting posts and trolling to show how immature you are.
if you don't watch shoujo fine. but don't troll and annoy the crap out of us shoujo lovers.and FYI, if these were so terrible they wouldn't sell more than romance light novels...in manga, yes, they DO sell well. Sometimes more than 200k.

Oh and just to make your twisted selves happy, yes, shoujo anime NEVER sell well? Bet you're grinning aren't you? So even if these are made into OVAs they'll probably sell a pittance.

Not a shoujo or a shonen lover but , +1
May 22, 2012 4:57 AM

Feb 2008
I've read the first volume of "Sukitte Ii na yo" and I liked it but now I will wait until I watch the anime ^^
And the other one seems interesting too, will watch for sure !
May 22, 2012 5:04 AM

Aug 2008
ok, I really does love tonari no kaibutsu-kun as a shoujo manga but if it turns put like the kaichou wa maid sama anime... I will kill myself... I must be weird to not want an anime adaptation... ah but hiyokoi ova was not that bad!

I hope the cast will be the cast of the drama cd!
May 22, 2012 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
Probably won't watch Sukitte Ii na yo but Tonari no Kaibutsukun sounds rather nice so I might check it out. ^^

And yeah, totally need more of Hiyokoi and second season of Kaichou wa Maid-sama.
May 22, 2012 5:27 AM

Feb 2009
Wh-- actual shoujo? We never get that. I haven't seen actual shoujo in forever. I don't even know what to say.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Strobe Edge anime, but I don't mind shoujo so this bit of news is welcome. Let's wait for the cast announcement now.
May 22, 2012 5:29 AM

Aug 2011
Not interested in smut and I find the other 1 with loss of direction.
But will watch Tonari no Kaibutsukun to see how it turns out.
Honestly, I'm kind of excited for Kaibutsukun as it really weren't horrible.

Hopefully it sells(the 2nd 1, not into smut) and better shoujo will be able to get animated.
I am really happy to see shoujo being animated(I repeat, no the smut 1) :D

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
May 22, 2012 5:30 AM

Oct 2008
Currently reading Sukitte Ii na yo and I've listened to the drama cd. If I'm not mistaken, parts of the drama cd are available on youtube. Hopefully they will retain the seiyuu because I just love Sakurai Takahiro (Kurosawa Yamato) and Kayano Ai (Tachibana Mei) combination!
May 22, 2012 5:45 AM

Oct 2011
Oh, I really can't wait for the anime adaptions of both series! It's too bad it's been a while since new chapters have been translated to English of both manga series, but I've really enjoyed Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Sukitte Ii na yo so far. So, yay, I'm really excited!
May 22, 2012 5:54 AM
Jun 2010
might give it a read later
May 22, 2012 6:03 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Sukitte Ii Na Yo makes me happy to be animated (hopefully it'll be well done) but the 2nd was kinda mehh to me so I'll proly watch it but not with real excitement~
May 22, 2012 6:12 AM

Nov 2008
Meh. I'm not a big fan of the school romance flavor of Shoujo, and the nature of the announcment makes me think that these might be OVAs rather than full series, but I could be wrong about that.

If I was going to watch one, I would probably go with Tonari no Kaibutsukun. It just seems like the one that would appeal to me more, for some reason, probably because I prefer "cold" girls to "shy" ones.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
May 22, 2012 6:27 AM

Nov 2008
Yesss, shoujo finally.

Maybe Strobe Edge or Ao Haru Ride ever?!
May 22, 2012 6:28 AM

Jun 2010
Hey. Tonari no Kaibutsukun is actually becoming an anime. Even though it's a shoujo. It's a pretty funny manga. Can't wait for this one.

May 22, 2012 6:46 AM

May 2011
Ohmygod yes! Though I'm sort of neutral to Sukitte Ii na yo, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is one of my favourites! So happy, day is just made.
May 22, 2012 6:53 AM

Apr 2007
Really? I know little to nothing about these two (I did read some one-shots by Hazuki a few years ago and they were decent, I suppose), but it really wouldn't hurt if they turned out to be TV series. What was the last new shoujo series adapted on TV (not counting Natsume Yuujinchou's recurring seasons)... Kaichou wa Maid-sama!?

Now I just wish shoujo anime would come back into fashion so we could get a quality adaptation of Aozora Yell or Oboreru Knife ヽ(;▽;)ノ
KatapanMay 22, 2012 1:45 PM
May 22, 2012 7:20 AM

Aug 2011
OH MY GOD YES. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO LONG. ESPECIALLY TONARI NO KAIBUTSU-KUN BECAUSE I WAS WONDERING EARLIER HOW IT WOULD TURN OUT AS AN ANIME. SO YES, YES, YES! AS:DKLFA:LDKFSAS :'D
May 22, 2012 7:24 AM

May 2010
Two of my favorite shoujo. Hope the adaption will be good, now I have high expectations~

Forum Set made by Bunny
May 22, 2012 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
Yes to more shoujo manga adaptations!~
I'm pretty excited about Sukitte Ii Na Yo since the manga was good (despite it being smut, the plot is pretty interesting).
May 22, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2010
I am hoping for more good shoujo anime in ages, but for some reason I don't think this will be ever as good as my favorite Kimi ni Todoke.
May 22, 2012 7:44 AM

Nov 2007
Both are so good (I listened Kaibutsu-kun Drama CD, and is reading Sukitte Ii na yo)!! I cannot wait for both of them!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Dec 2007
Wow it's a miracle a shoujo manga gets animated!! Excited for this!! Hopefully its not studio deen who will animate they mess up almost everything they get their hands on!
May 22, 2012 7:47 AM

Jun 2008
Great news. They should animate Dengeki daisy someday too~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 22, 2012 7:48 AM

Feb 2010
They both look promising. Not enough shoujo anime anyway, at least if you exclude the reverse harem bishie series. I'm looking forward to some more normal shoujo romance series :)
I probably regret this post by now.
May 22, 2012 7:56 AM

Aug 2011
OH MY GOD YES.
We need some new shoujo. I've been deprived for so long!
May 22, 2012 8:21 AM

Jul 2010
damn those pretty boys.

May 22, 2012 8:30 AM
Nov 2009
I am exited to see "Sukitte Ii na yo" haven't had a chance with the other one yet. My only concern is these are still publishing, often when the manga is still publishing the anime version makes up new twists, so they can end. Often these changes ruin it. It would be nice to know if they plan to stay true to the manga or not.
May 22, 2012 8:34 AM
Nov 2009
Orulyon said:
Great news. They should animate Dengeki daisy someday too~
AMEN to that! Dengeki Daisy would be an awesome anime, as long as they stayed with the original story.
May 22, 2012 8:50 AM
May 22, 2012 9:02 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder, will it just be an OVA (just like Nagareboshi Lens) or a full series?
May 22, 2012 9:13 AM

Feb 2008
wooah I never expected Sukitte Ii na yo to have an anime :O definitely gonna watch!
May 22, 2012 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
Why do both of these manga's synopsis sound so..generic. Those stories has been done countless times.
May 22, 2012 9:20 AM
Mar 2010
can someone confirm is this is an OVA or not? Oh and to the people reading here, if you want these two series to succeed, listen up.

Buying the licensed version english does not help.
you have to buy the ORIGINAL OVAs from Japan. It won't cost much, believe me.

Most probably, these two will be a fail in sales, no matter how good they are. Don't look at me! Look at the girls in Japan who don't buy shoujo anime! Yea!

So....what can we do? Tell all your friends in real life, manga forums, anime forums, girls whining about not getting enough shoujo(*cough*myself*cough*) etc. and tell them. YO GIRLS, LISTEN UP! You want more shoujo anime? Then you have to buy and support it as the japanese girls are useless in buying shoujo manga anime adaptations. (bear in mind that I said MANGA) it doesn't cost much, and hey, if even HALF of the mangafox fans buy it, we have a certified hit!

No, I'm not lying! So tell your friends and all shoujo lovers you know and tell them...this may be our last hope on shoujo anime. USE IT. DON'T LET IT GO TO WASTE! ...so...if you CAN, please do buy the DVDs from Japan. Its the only way!
May 22, 2012 9:22 AM
Mar 2010
lordzeru said:
Why do both of these manga's synopsis sound so..generic. Those stories has been done countless times.

what ISN'T generic these days? Every story we get now has been done before. This applies to both shounen AND shoujo AND seinen. How many onii-chan anime/manga have we seen? Hmm? And how can you judge it without reading it?
May 22, 2012 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
YEEEEEEES !!!!
I'm so happy !!
Sukitte Ii na yo ♥
May 22, 2012 9:28 AM

Dec 2010
not really a fan of shoujo... meh
May 22, 2012 9:29 AM
Mar 2010
amare135 said:
not really a fan of shoujo... meh

then why waste time and comment here? fail.
May 22, 2012 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
first Karneval, and now tonari no kaibutsu-kun.
im very very happy.

QualmMay 22, 2012 9:52 AM
May 22, 2012 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Kurini said:
ok, I really does love tonari no kaibutsu-kun as a shoujo manga but if it turns put like the kaichou wa maid sama anime... I will kill myself... I must be weird to not want an anime adaptation... ah but hiyokoi ova was not that bad!

I understand completely, I'd rather have no adaption whatsoever then a bad one. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is also one of my favourites so I would hate to see it poorly adapted. And I'm not sure how they're going to do Say "I love you" without cutting out certain scenes... Of the two I think Say "I love you" will adapt better especially since I don't know where they would end off Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Hopefully they both turn out good! I feel like I haven't seen a shoujo in a while!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
42 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
45 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.