Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2008 11:24 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
My first kiss with her was interrupted by my brother's rocket. Blargh! Great episode, another funny one that manages to make Yuri cheerful, and develop a relationship I'm sure a lot of people have been waiting for. Waiting for this next seemingly juicy episode ;D
Sep 1, 2008 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
Holy crap, weren't they a bit alarmed when I rocket was rushing towards the plane?
Hoshino and Tanabe were so cute together :D
Feb 15, 2009 1:33 PM
Sep 2008
Dang that rocket ruined the perfect moment! 13 years old and he is already making such rockets in his backyard :O Man, I'd get arrested here just for playing with fireworks :/
Aug 27, 2009 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
That was an amazing episode. It was cool to see how Half-section people lived on earth.
And Hachi's lil bro is a genius.
Jan 21, 2010 10:55 PM

Nov 2009
That was one great episode, we got to a see alittle into half sections personal lives and there was a bit of romance between Hachimaki and Tanabae. His little bro is a freakin genius lol.
May 17, 2010 4:15 AM

Sep 2009
That romance development between hachimaki and Tanabae is going to cause some problems when they get back to the station...this should be interesting to see.
Jul 12, 2010 4:13 PM

Mar 2008
I wonder if this romance will bloom?

We got some information on Hachi's father. Not much, but a little.

And... ROCKET GO!
Oct 12, 2010 7:50 PM

Jun 2009

Almost a kiss
Minor: Tanabe's dad peeking behind Tanabe while talking to Hachi
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 6, 2010 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
Really heartwarming episode. Moar character development was very welcome.
Jan 23, 2011 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
danz said:
Really heartwarming episode.
Somethings look like they are going to change from that day forwards
Sep 4, 2011 6:29 PM

Mar 2011
Well well well!

So Hachi and Tanabe are going to get themselves in more awkward situations if they dont confront this! And Yuri seems to have finally put the sadness of his past with his wife fully behind him now! Yey!

It was nice to see Fee with family, and the two managers too! And whats the deal with Edal the temp and her kinky outfit? Damn man, we need to know a little more about her!
Feb 28, 2012 8:23 AM

Aug 2010
All of these episodes have been beyond great.

Nice little romantic development here for Tanabe and Hachi.
Aug 12, 2012 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
That was a pretty enjoyable episode actually. The relationship between Hoshino and Tanabe is turning out pretty nicely, they even almost kissed! A bit random, but still nice. :)
Nov 2, 2012 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
Lol, I used to launch bottle rockets and later on a mo re scientific version one with fuel during my 8th grade years in Middle School. Good old days.
Jan 24, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2012
Nice episode, a bit sad about the compass but it seems with that happening he managed to overcome it! Great episode either way!
Nov 29, 2013 8:29 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah . . . Think they are implying that he is moving on, however I probably would have just not quit and remained stuck in the past but at the same time keep the compass, even if it was all broken.

Also, wouldn't shooting rockets like that be illegal for many reasons? A) Dangerous to people around the area, B) Dangerous to ships entering space, C) Becomes space debris once it leaves the atmosphere.
Pirating_NinjaNov 29, 2013 8:33 PM
Apr 1, 2014 3:45 PM
Nov 2013
Makes me feel a little depressed and futile that I'm almost 23 years old and I'm very impractical. And Hachi's younger brother is already a gifted little guy at almost 14. Nonetheless this is a great episode with a lot of life's morals.
Jun 12, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
Good romance development <3 Big rocket cock block tho >.>

Looks like Yuri got some good character development as well.

Aug 9, 2014 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
What a FANTASTIC episode. And this episode is thanks to Fee. FINALLY Hachi and Tanabe are starting to recognise their feelings. Sheeeit. And then we have Yuri being Yuri.

Nice
zetsu_shorenAug 11, 2014 7:24 AM
Jul 29, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode, but man that rocket was a total flight risk.
Jan 12, 2016 2:56 AM
May 2012
Great episode!
But yeah, that rocket could have been dangerous.
Feb 2, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
It's hard to turn the page, especially when you find the thing you vowed to give your life for. But he did it like a champ. Yuri is such a stupidly sexy motherfucker.
He also unknowingly cockblocker Hachi and Ai. Poor them, it will probably take a long time before they get this close again. You could say that it was all about circumstances.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 22, 2016 3:48 PM

Jul 2015
It's happening, Hachi and Tanabe will be together soon, also yeah that's was hella dangerous to launch the rocket near the plane
Jun 26, 2016 11:05 PM

Mar 2015
I was like WTF? when HachiTana went almost kissing!

Debris team vacation is nice to see and most characters grow on me.

3.8/5
Jun 27, 2016 6:24 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
They are spending a vacation on earth. Hachimaki is visiting his parents and Tanabe and Yuri are joining him on that. Tanabe and Hachi are getting pretty close. Contrary to that Hachi doesn't seem to get along with his brother, Kyutaro.

Kyutaro is trying to launch his own rockets but failed so far. With the help from Yuri he is getting better and better.

Really heartwarming to see the other crewmember visiting their family as well.

Kyutaro almost hit the spacecraft with his rocket. That seemed dangerous!
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
May 16, 2018 11:51 AM
Sep 2016
The show has improved a lot from its wretched beginning; that's for sure. I'm not crazy about this utopian no-borders nonsense, but we'll see where they go with it.
Nov 14, 2018 3:04 AM

Sep 2011
I loved this episode so much that I can't even.

Yuri, after long years of searching and mourning, was able to find his wife's memento. Then he felt like he had 'lost' his reason to be in space, but thanks to a meeting he had on Earth he was able to sort his feelings, and move on.

Kyutaro, Hachimaki's younger brother, was really cool! He is trying his best to achieve his dream, he is hardworking, smart, and somehow he attracted Yuri's attention and help. Their blooming friendship was the best part of this. Yuri helped him with his knowledge, and experience, and Kyutaro was able to make his rocket fly in the end, he even helped Yuri to move on by accidentally ruining his compass. He really wasn't a kid though, he saw through Yuri's lies, and knew that he had broken something important, I liked this too. Yuri was full of doubts when he was younger, so maybe Kyutaro's straightforwardness was what caught his attention. I hope he will be able to reach space.

My only nitpick here is with Hachimaki, and Tanabe. Just a episode ago he was calling her weird and didn't even see her as a woman, but now, all of sudden, because of a commentary made by an old friend, he got conscious of her, and almost kissed her. I'm alright with their relationship being developed, but it would've been better if this transition of feelings was more subtle, and progressive instead of coming out of nowhere.
Mar 11, 2019 5:35 PM

Feb 2012
At least they get a vacation now after saving ISPV7

Notice Ai is the one that protects Hachi from the rocket, it not only shows how much she cares for him but how strong and capable she has grown.

During the montage, I wonder what Ai's parents must be thinking seeing Hachi on the screen.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 29, 2019 1:02 AM
Oct 2018
that whole kiss scene came way too quickly, it felt super awkward lmao. rest of the episode was pretty good. sorta sad Hachi got his ass handed to by his 14 year old brother
May 20, 2019 2:24 PM

Jun 2016
This was by far one of my favorite episodes of the series. I love how Yuri came to terms with lack of boundaries between things we perccive as clear-cut and how he could go beyond his attachment to the compass of his late wife. Truly a heartwarming story!
Jul 1, 2020 6:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really interesting to see them on the earth and with their families.
And damn they almost kissed, the rocket wasted everything xD
Dec 11, 2020 5:30 AM

Jul 2017
Nice episode again. Hachimaki and Tanabe have shown some progression together as they were really friendly with each other outside the work and just spending time together, even nearly had a kiss that was interrupted by a rocket just flying at them from the failings of Hachimaki's brother and Yuri who tried to help him out. Still though, while Yuri did lose the compass his wife had before she died due to Kyutaro by accident, for him, it was like fate convincing him to move on and head for the next adventures of his life without regret and looking back. It was a nice, relaxing episode back on Earth and a good change of pace.
Feb 13, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2007
The ordeal from last episode is somewhat a blessing in disguise. The Toy Box needed to be replaced after all the years of usage. I can't wait to see their new debris ship.

Hoping that kiss scene was not something that's just out of the blue.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Apr 24, 2021 6:33 AM

Apr 2021
Very nice episode! ^^ Hachi and Tanabe had a cute moment on the beach x3

Kyoutaro seems as determined and stubborn as Hachi and I'm glad about Yuri <3
i wish i was a cloud
Jul 14, 2021 11:09 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode. I'm surprised by how much development was able to be crammed into 22 minutes and even more so by how well it was executed. The scene on the beach where Hachimaki and Tanabe realised that they were in love with one another was particularly impressive, especially with how it was portrayed entirely through their expressions. It's a shame that Kyutaro's giant fuck off rocket had to ruin everything, but I guess I can't have everything. At this point I'm convinced that the entirety of Japan doesn't know how to draw characters kissing and instead resorts to the interruption trope as a cost-saving necessity.

It's been a while since I've watched an episode of this show, but I'm optimistic about what's to come. Hopefully the rest of this series is as focused and well-paced as this episode.
Jul 25, 2021 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
Really love Yuri's character. It's funny tho to think this well into the future with all this space travel yet they still have giant ass phones lol. But really the most unrealistic part of this is launching a rocket with that much power directly below a shuttle taking off. You'd think that would be a massive crime. Realistically it would make more sense if the governments designated rocket launch zones which aircraft would avoid.
Sep 14, 2021 2:37 AM

Aug 2019
this was an absolutely amazing episode, genuinely might end up adding this show to my favorites
Nov 29, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
The space metaphor made me like Yuri's character development even more. Beautiful episode again. Glimpses of the Debris Section members lives on earth was a small highlight. Not to mention the romantic progression. Wonder if the next episode is going to follow suit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 2, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 2020
feel bad for yuri hes such a great character, im hooked on this anime now, sucks theres only 26 eps
Feb 15, 2022 6:45 AM

Dec 2007
this episode though being earthy served much more than normal episodes.

first is hachimaki x tanabe, damn i so wanted them to kiss lol.
there's yuri and his progress in life, with hachimaki's brother.
really couldn't ask for more, though feeling little less epic than previous episodes lol.
Mar 25, 7:17 PM

Dec 2022
Hachi got beat up by his kid brother? He isn't even fully grown yet, so that must be embarrassing. He also seemingly reciprocates Tanabe's feelings now, out of absolutely nowhere.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetes Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

189 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

52 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 22 Discussion

seita - Aug 28, 2008

46 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 27, 5:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.