Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 7, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
Hoppy said:
Nasty001 said:
Whoa, whoa does Lemon know that Ichika is an alien?

Makes you wonder if Lemon is human.

she seems to be (it would be a bit lame if she was also alien)
but also she is great at noticing thing - so it is possible that she figured that Ichika is a bit off...weird taste, lack of common sense, not to mention Rinon.
And started to go down the alien path to check it.... and now she may already know

or is making it for fun
Feb 7, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
divineiniquity said:
I haven't watched Onegai Teacher, so I can't use it as a parallel to "guess" the final relationships. But in comparing this with Ano Hana, this anime is different in that there is an imbalance in guys and girls (in Ano Hana I believe there were nearly enough guys as girls to pair off - can't remember if that includes "whats-her-face" to be dead or not; yeah mindblank there sorry). As mentioned before I agree with this guess:

Tetsurou x Mio
Kaito x Kanna
Remon stays single
Ichika has to leave Earth <- MUST HAPPEN otherwise there won't be a good reason for us viewers to cry in the last episode; which is what I'm expecting. But just like with Ano Hana, there is no way to prepare for the emotions in the very final scene.

Nearly halfway through now xD

Still doubt this, Onegai Teacher was able to pull it off without making Mizuho leave (She did for a little while but came back). I read the ending of Ano Hana on wiki because.....I just didn't like the way the show was going.....One of the main characters were dead and....I could only make it through 6 episodes before i dropped it, it just wasn't too appealing to know that the main character wouldn't have a future with the ghost girl, and he didn't feel anything for the other girl so.....Didn't really feel like finishing it.

Luckily, the guy who illustrated that and HotD is just that, an illustrator. If it turned out anything like Ano Hana or HotD where there are two potential match-ups from beginning right to the end or someone i don't like is picked (Kanna from Matteru, Samurai Slut from Highschool), then i would be gravely disappointed.
Feb 7, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, I really feel bad for almost everybody now. I can't believe Tetsurou would just tell Kaito that Kanna loves him. Will he believe it, or will they both just act like it's a joke? Ichika heard it as well, so she'll have some hesitation from now on too. I also fear Kaito will be awkward around Kanna without her even knowing what happened.

Next week, the inevitable beach trip!

Feb 7, 2012 3:42 PM

Jan 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
Wow, I really feel bad for almost everybody now. I can't believe Tetsurou would just tell Kaito that Kanna loves him. Will he believe it, or will they both just act like it's a joke? Ichika heard it as well, so she'll have some hesitation from now on too. I also fear Kaito will be awkward around Kanna without her even knowing what happened.

Yea :(, i really hate beach trip episodes.....No plot development at all.
Feb 7, 2012 3:48 PM
Jan 2012
Who doesn't love an underdog story? That's one reason why I'm behind Kanna x Kaito.

Mainly, I want something different. Like someone mentioned, Shuffle is one of the few notable instances that surprised you in the final pairing. I think it would breathe fresh air into the genre if they pulled it off.

Luckily, this is in the hands of a great romcom director (Toradora, Ano Hana, this!). Maybe he'll give us something unconventional! This show has the chance to be really different, or it can just be Onegai Teacher again (which isn't bad at all, but it's been done already).
Feb 7, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
exs120 said:
Who doesn't love an underdog story? That's one reason why I'm behind Kanna x Kaito.

Mainly, I want something different. Like someone mentioned, Shuffle is one of the few notable instances that surprised you in the final pairing. I think it would breathe fresh air into the genre if they pulled it off.

Luckily, this is in the hands of a great romcom director (Toradora, Ano Hana, this!). Maybe he'll give us something unconventional! This show has the chance to be really different, or it can just be Onegai Teacher again (which isn't bad at all, but it's been done already).

Thanks. You're killing my hopes. I hate underdog stories. D=, because from the beginning it's going in this direction, and to randomly swap that out is horrible story telling. Underdog stories should only work in action animes. If Kaito ends up with anyone other than Ichika, this anime becomes trash tier >_>. Besides, i expected that to happen in Shuffle! I knew he wouldn't choose either girl, and i had a feeling he might go with his childhood friend, but after episode 7, and Asa's apparent growing feelings towards him, but her doing nothing about them....Until the last second all made it evidently clear she'd be the one to come out on top.

Another reason i suspected it was, as i've said before....You're rarely going to be left with un-needed information that is irrelevant by the end of an anime. It takes up way too much air time for an anime that has a bigger story going on around it. Bleach makes it work because it has fillers. That being said, they would never have told us that Asa had feelings for Rin if it wasn't relevant and they weren't going to do something to build on that.
Feb 7, 2012 4:55 PM
Jan 2012
Ahri said:
exs120 said:

Thanks. You're killing my hopes. I hate underdog stories. D=, because from the beginning it's going in this direction, and to randomly swap that out is horrible story telling. Underdog stories should only work in action animes. If Kaito ends up with anyone other than Ichika, this anime becomes trash tier >_>. Besides, i expected that to happen in Shuffle! I knew he wouldn't choose either girl, and i had a feeling he might go with his childhood friend, but after episode 7, and Asa's apparent growing feelings towards him, but her doing nothing about them....Until the last second all made it evidently clear she'd be the one to come out on top.

Another reason i suspected it was, as i've said before....You're rarely going to be left with un-needed information that is irrelevant by the end of an anime. It takes up way too much air time for an anime that has a bigger story going on around it. Bleach makes it work because it has fillers. That being said, they would never have told us that Asa had feelings for Rin if it wasn't relevant and they weren't going to do something to build on that.

There is a lot of "needed" information to revealed yet, so I wouldn't label it as trash tier quite yet. I am just saying the very real possibility of him not ending up with Ichika is...possible, leaving Kaito either alone or with Kanna. Or dead I guess, but that would be really trashy.
Feb 7, 2012 4:55 PM
Dec 2007
That's some development. Thanks God Tetsuro's here to shake things up a bit.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Dec 2011
Ahri said:
Onyxthegreat said:

Yea :(, i really hate beach trip episodes.....No plot development at all.

What about the Toradora Beach episode? that moved the plot along quite well.it doesnt have to be crap.
Feb 7, 2012 5:17 PM
Nov 2010
Hoppy said:
Nasty001 said:
Whoa, whoa does Lemon know that Ichika is an alien?

Makes you wonder if Lemon is human.

Whatever she is, there's no doubt that Remon is awesome. I seriously love how she's "manipulating" or playing with them and she seems to be having fun doing it.
Z-flameFeb 7, 2012 5:27 PM
Feb 7, 2012 8:36 PM
Oct 2010
The MIB vs. the red haired alien Ichika! Nice lookin movie hahah
the part about Kanna's love being told by her childhood friend was a good idea. now Kanna wont have to feel wierd around Kaito b/c she neva had to tell him her self. Nice job Ishigaki
Feb 7, 2012 11:33 PM
Nov 2008
divineiniquity said:
I haven't watched Onegai Teacher, so I can't use it as a parallel to "guess" the final relationships. But in comparing this with Ano Hana, this anime is different in that there is an imbalance in guys and girls (in Ano Hana I believe there were nearly enough guys as girls to pair off - can't remember if that includes "whats-her-face" to be dead or not; yeah mindblank there sorry). As mentioned before I agree with this guess:

Tetsurou x Mio
Kaito x Kanna
Remon stays single
Ichika has to leave Earth <- MUST HAPPEN otherwise there won't be a good reason for us viewers to cry in the last episode; which is what I'm expecting. But just like with Ano Hana, there is no way to prepare for the emotions in the very final scene.

Nearly halfway through now xD

please go watch onegai teacher it is a MUST see
Feb 8, 2012 1:05 AM

Dec 2009
I'm sure that Remon is also an alien, he even said that it's nice to be young. Which concludes she's an old hag?
Feb 8, 2012 2:50 AM

May 2010
I wonder how Kai react to that !!
Feb 8, 2012 3:05 AM

May 2010
Arghhh....I hate cliffhangers,they make me wait the whole week...
Feb 8, 2012 3:06 AM

May 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
I think the ending relationships will be like so:

Kaito will be with Kanna
Tetsuro will be with Mio
Remmon will be alone, since she doesn't really like anyone.
Ichika will leave earth, or otherwise disappear.

I shall not accept any other ending!

I completely agree with you...Hope it doesn't go Onegai way.
Feb 8, 2012 4:00 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know why but the filming scene reminds me of The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Anyway, nice episode, looks like the next one will gonna be the inevitable beach trip episode.
Feb 8, 2012 5:57 AM
Jan 2012
This has proven too enjoyable -- will put on hold until everything is out so I can marathon this baby.
Feb 8, 2012 7:33 AM

May 2008
this anime great can't wait for more i wonder how Kaito will react to what Tetsuro said..
Feb 8, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
Its obvious that Kaito loves Ichika, which I completely approve off. I don't want him to end up with Kanna at all.

What I'm worried about now is how Ichika and Kaito will react. I don't want Ichika to feel sorry for her and help her get with Kaito. I'm scared that Ichika will be the one staying away from Kaito little by little giving Kanna an opening. And of course Kaito could misinterpret it as Ichika not liking him. I don't know what's gonna happen, all I know is that I want Ichika x Kaito and Tetsu x Mio...I don't care about originality in this anime, just give me those two couples and I'll be happy : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 8, 2012 9:21 AM

Sep 2010
omfg i want to watch the rest now ><
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2012 12:30 PM

Jan 2011
Things are getting serious now.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 8, 2012 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
Kanna <3 I've been in her position before. It sucks so much D;

So happy Tetsuro said it. And in such a beautiful way too :)
I hope Kaito will love her.. I don't want it to go like every other show.
I wouldn't mind Kanna and Tetsuro, but it's just too predictable. WHY DOES KANNA HAVE TO LET GO OF KAITO?! WHY CAN'T ICHIKA?
I love Ichika, don't get me wrong, but I want Kanna to have a chance.
I may be expressing my own feelings in this show though.. So kinda weird o_o
Feb 8, 2012 2:03 PM

May 2011
Dask said:
Wait so what did Tetsurou do that everyone is saying he shouldn't have? apparently i didnt pay attention

Ummm, Ichigaki goes to Kaito's place and flat out tells Kaito that Kanna loves him, twice. This was done AFTER Kanna told Ichigaki that she wasn't going to pursue anything over the summer and leave things be.

I mean you can't miss it. It's the cliffhanger ending of the episode.
Feb 8, 2012 4:34 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dask said:
I wasn't paying much attention the last few minutes LOL
Guess I should have

This show appears to be trying to define itself by it's cliffhangers. Don't let it happen again ;)
Feb 8, 2012 4:51 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
fishergirl16 said:
I may be expressing my own feelings in this show though.. So kinda weird o_o

(shrug) I've found myself associating with a character in a couple other anime (something I've never done in a 'live action' show, interestingly). I wouldn't call it weird. It seems to be a 'feature' of the anime genre some of us have tapped into.

Though that's not happening for me in Ano Natsu de Matteru, I find I do like all of the main characters. I also have no favorites, nor am I caring to compare it to some other show and trying to second guess who will end up with whom. I'm just very interested in watching how this will play out.
Feb 8, 2012 5:06 PM

Mar 2010
Oh, whoa! I did NOT see that coming! Damn. That definitely had Ichika in a weird position right there. Ouch. Looking forward to the next!
Feb 8, 2012 5:12 PM

Nov 2007
um just what is Tetsurou up to? first messing around in the film on purpose. then blurting out that Tanigawa likes him? well that's the only way to make progress....

oh and Remon is just clearly up to something. probably an alien herself or she couldn't know that much. he's already had his movie taken over and his camera taken over.

this is oddly way too predictable Tetsurou will end up with Tanigawa and he'll get with alien girl for the happy little ending. I'd be shocked if it ended any other way.
Feb 8, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
and at the end i was like "OOOHHH SHITTTT!!!"

but that aside, it must suck for Tetsurou knowing that the girl he likes, like someone else, then having to tell that guy. I know how that feels, not a very pleasant feeling >.>
anyways, im looking foward to how this series plays out.
Feb 8, 2012 11:09 PM
Jun 2009
Another fantastic episode this week. Renom is such a troll , but i wonder if she actually does know Ichika is an alien o.O. The MIB stuff was too funny and watching Ichika act kind of naturally was hilarious.

Other then the filming this ended up being the more serious of the episodes. Kanna poses the question to Kaito and Ichika that really bring down the mode of the scene. Ichika and Kaito do not want to think about whats going to happen afterward.

Testurou is slowly becoming my favorite character because you can actually feel what he is going through. It painful to root for the girl like to end up with someone else.

And next week is the beach episode, cant wait.
Feb 9, 2012 12:21 AM

Jan 2008
While I don't like Ichika much, I hope she ends up with Kaito so Kanna can be with Tetsurou. I just hope it won't be too late for Kanna and Mio gets Tetsurou. I would be disappointed if this happened. I want Tetsurou and Kanna to be happy.
Feb 9, 2012 3:09 AM

Nov 2011
I like the retrospective monologue thing they have going. It is clear what path they're taking, and though often tread, is one that I've enjoyed watching. The alien aspect still feels unnecessary, much like some of the fan service. I hoped they were going to make a more serious movie, one truly deserving of the characters' retrospection, but it seems they settled for the meh.
Feb 9, 2012 5:02 AM

Dec 2011
Why can't they air this twice a week, I'm going to explode before the next episode comes. >__<
Feb 9, 2012 5:07 AM
Nov 2008
Wooo...Tetsuro ! O.O Nice one xD Now things gonna be interesting...
Feb 9, 2012 1:56 PM

Dec 2009
Wow! I don't know why, but I really liked the ending with Tetsurou being straightforward and filming Kaito's reaction.
Feb 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Nov 2008
BRSxIgnition said:
I think the ending relationships will be like so:

Kaito will be with Kanna
Tetsuro will be with Mio
Remmon will be alone, since she doesn't really like anyone.
Ichika will leave earth, or otherwise disappear.

I shall not accept any other ending!

Prepare to start not accepting then lol

And this does seem to the a Future Narrator as they have direct knowledge - and stating entirely in the past tense - For example when he started speaking about how the summer would turn out without of course telling us other then to imply Drama lol
Feb 10, 2012 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Kaito x Ichika
and Mio does nice boat on Tetsuro and Kanna......

Well, maybe not. At this point we have five people and no way to make all of them happy unless either Kaito or Tetsuro end up with two girls.

And Remon is definitely Morino from Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins, so she does know everything....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 10, 2012 12:42 AM

May 2010
Dang, Tetsuro dropping the bomb there. I was shocked I really want to know what happens next for the 3 of them. Seriously, I just can't wait! This series is getting exciting. I love it!

And that beach episode next week.....well there's more to love now. XD

Feb 10, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
I find it hard to sympathize with Tanigawa. If she can't tell Kaito how she feels then moping about it isn't going to change anything.

Guess that's how it goes though, she was so secure in her relationship w/kaito that she didn't make any moves then BAM (literally) new chick on him like deez on fundoshi.

Tetsurou has had it even worse b/c he's always had competition w/kaito (unbekownst to him of course)

Darn you for telling Tetsurou! Anyways, team IchixKai!
kelkenFeb 10, 2012 12:59 PM
Feb 10, 2012 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
What a jerk!

Now she's going to feel guilty and try to leave.

Feb 10, 2012 3:32 PM
Dec 2007
Hashida said:
What a jerk!

Now she's going to feel guilty and try to leave.
Dude,if the chick you like is hung up on some guy she has no chance to get you'd probably would get desperate enough to force a situation where she has to move on. Right now Kanna is staying in place because she knows she has no chance but also knows they're still not a thing yet. SO she has a little bit of false hope. So Tetsurou basically said "fuck this already, make it clear for her and let her move on". He can't, after all, even have a shot at Kanna if she's still hung up on an impossible love.

Feb 11, 2012 6:05 AM

Oct 2011
Well i will prefer it if Tetsurou and Kanna end up together , I am really starting to love this anime .^^
but really it must be painful for Tetsurou to reveal that truth, now i can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 11, 2012 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
And one side of the love polygon is revealed .. oh man how would kaito react? And why would tetsuro do such a thing? :( this anime is getting really dramatic.. I feel really bad for tetsuro the most, since his love seems one-sided :/ then again all of these relationships are one-sided..
Feb 11, 2012 12:21 PM

Nov 2007
Just beautiful. 5/5

Bumped my rating to 9/10 for the series after this episode. Kanna is still my favourite girl in this anime!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 12, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
Things are getting good.
What Tetsurou did came out of nowhere. I certainly wasn't expecting that.
Feb 12, 2012 12:20 PM

May 2011
Wow, Tetsurou surprised the hell out of me. Didn't see that coming at all. One minute left in the episode and bam he drops a bomb on us. Can't wait to see how Kanna and Kaito reacts. I am sorta rooting for Kanna over Ichika tbh. And damn it sure must hurt Tetsurou to do that knowing he loves Kanna.

Looks like its confirmed Mio does like Tetsurou after Kaito was talking about everyone's feelings, wow at the love triangles (w/e shape it is) here. And omg Mio naked holding just that panda bear!? Winnnnnn, Mio is definitely my favorite character.

Lemon knows everything, shes too good. Wonder if she's an alien or just a godlike human lol.

This anime getting really dramatic, I didn't get the usual peaceful and carefree mood this episode.
Feb 12, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2010
I was not expecting for that. It was awesome. Tetsurou did that in a moment that I never would expect. I don't know if it was just me, but I loved that moment when Kanna look at Kai talking toIchika, Tetsurou look at Kanna and Mio look at Tetsurou.
Feb 13, 2012 3:20 AM

Jan 2008
I loved the part when Tetsurou was waiting for Kanna in the rain. Their interaction was so nice. I really hope they end up together. They make a good pair.
Feb 14, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
Jesus christ

Kanna is the worst girl this season.
Feb 14, 2012 12:21 PM

Dec 2006
This finally is moving on!! and of course getting better
Tetsurou's confession surprised me :o and Kanna's attitude ...well I understand her :/
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.