Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 8, 2023 12:40 PM

Jan 2022
A lot of people I know that have seen this one often disregard it and say it was pretty subpar. I started watching it because I really liked some of the ops and eds of the series and I thought I should give it a shot. It wasn't even bad in all honesty. Not my favorite in any sense, however it definitely deserves some more praise than it currently has. But yeah does anyone still follow this series? Let me know.
Jun 8, 2023 12:52 PM
Jan 2022
I don’t know but something just does not feel quite right about this series. It was a tough one to watch cose there were times that it felt good but at times I felt like dropping it. So yeah… i haven’t even thought about this series yet alone follow it ,after completing it
Jun 8, 2023 12:52 PM
Sep 2019
I agree that it's a bit underrated. Not an amazing show, but one that kinda slips through the cracks. In my opinion, there was a bit of a clash between the themes of a more realistic summer romcom/coming of age and the high strangeness of aliens, shadowy government organizations and galactic societies. If it was a little more sci Fi or a little more romcom, I think it would be more memorable to me. Too much going on for its own good. As far as summer-centered animes go though, I think it's enjoyable.
Jun 8, 2023 1:35 PM
Aug 2020
Kinda cliffhanger ending, i mean that picture in the end shows its happy reunion so im kinda satisfied, and about show itself, worst part that this new generation of kids and even old ppl forget about old animes, like this one could be masterpiece if u compare it to nowadays romances. I mean its quite good not perfect, but vibe and romance felt natural, today romances feels rushed and without to much thinking involved just to grab ratings and love. I love older romances more cuz there was less technology, animation was older and people were more creative about things they do, more passion and everything felt connected. I wish this kinda of older shows gets more love.
Jun 8, 2023 1:43 PM
Feb 2022
umm i do Still love this show
Jun 8, 2023 1:50 PM

Feb 2016
I dislike the love polygon but I like everything else. It's more interesting than Anohana at least.
その目だれの目?
Jun 8, 2023 3:19 PM
Apr 2022
I watched it all but i thought it was boring but to each their own
Jun 8, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2022
Sekiro94 said:
Kinda cliffhanger ending, i mean that picture in the end shows its happy reunion so im kinda satisfied, and about show itself, worst part that this new generation of kids and even old ppl forget about old animes, like this one could be masterpiece if u compare it to nowadays romances. I mean its quite good not perfect, but vibe and romance felt natural, today romances feels rushed and without to much thinking involved just to grab ratings and love. I love older romances more cuz there was less technology, animation was older and people were more creative about things they do, more passion and everything felt connected. I wish this kinda of older shows gets more love.
I absolutely agree with this!! The older shows were made with so much more passion and thought. They actually made you think and it was comparable to a real life scenario in some sense. Nowadays there's no effort, rather shitty fanservice and rushed endings. I feel like the industry needs to get off the path it's going. It feels so lust based rather than romance based and I despise it. Good take, I like your response.
Jun 8, 2023 3:43 PM
Aug 2020
Akana2246 said:
Sekiro94 said:
I absolutely agree with this!! The older shows were made with so much more passion and thought. They actually made you think and it was comparable to a real life scenario in some sense. Nowadays there's no effort, rather shitty fanservice and rushed endings. I feel like the industry needs to get off the path it's going. It feels so lust based rather than romance based and I despise it. Good take, I like your response.

Same i like how someone pay attention to anime that really matter. There was time when there is no conclusion about romance i mean i hated that even tho its old anime. But today authors make romances just to please viewers, anime didnt even started and they practicaly married, or they like each other from start, rushed and the worst part i cant feel romance. Its just thrown in season romance to get rating cuz authors know ppl like conclusion, kiss and confession. But plot characters everything feel empty, i dont want to even start on non existing drama that lacks heavily. Example tonikawa, first ep of first season out of nowhere she ask to marry guy who told her he loves her. Yea we get more romance than some of animes before but this feels so bland and boring tbh. I cant even explain how good feeling is that kimi ni todoke struggle and that final confession and dating or shows like that
Jun 8, 2023 3:45 PM
Mar 2013
Not a really a fan of love polygon, but this one was ok. good setting and art style. i especially like the ED by Yanagi Nagi. dope af
Jun 8, 2023 6:01 PM

Aug 2011
It had some awkward moments but I do love the show.

Fufufu~

» Escapism.

Jun 9, 2023 11:16 AM
May 2022
it's like a comfort show for me tbh. I don't regard it as the best but when I watched it I was just getting into anime yk. also I watched it after YLIA and Anohana so the show was definitely overshadowed by them. I think it's a good show with some good drama and some lighthearted humor but not excelling in any category
Jun 9, 2023 12:52 PM
Jan 2022
Akana2246 said:
A lot of people I know that have seen this one often disregard it and say it was pretty subpar. I started watching it because I really liked some of the ops and eds of the series and I thought I should give it a shot. It wasn't even bad in all honesty. Not my favorite in any sense, however it definitely deserves some more praise than it currently has. But yeah does anyone still follow this series? Let me know.

I remember absolutely nothing about this anime
Jun 9, 2023 4:59 PM

Jan 2022
NaBacca said:
people are so fixated of rating, reviewing or judging series that they forget to actually enjoy stuff, or also that they don't have the taste to be a "reviewer" (which is also so fucking cringe) to begin with. yea this series was enjoyable. if you talk with someone and they start bringing stuff up like subpar, mid or they mention the word "pacing" just drop them not the series.
I agree with you here! It shouldn't be about the ratings or the reviews but rather how the series made you feel. If you love a series and someone else hates it, there's no need to get at each other's necks about it. This is an awesome comment! :)
Jun 10, 2023 10:21 PM
Apr 2022
Hm, can't really say anything. I watched this one after Please Teacher, so I was really into this genre at the time. I can't say if my thoughts will stay the same if I watch it again.
I don't follow it. When I watched, I didn't know much about manga, just waiting for season 2, but now too much time has passed and I moved on. Although, I would rather had them make a good ending like Please Teacher where she did return.
Jun 11, 2023 2:48 PM
Nov 2022
Akana2246 said:

At first the anime was kinda weird. But then I thought it was so goood. I cant remember much but I will rewatch it.
Jun 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Nov 2022
Still one of my favourites. A very good and kind story. I think, in this anime we can see all that we want in romantic anime. And as for me, it's very good to see no fanservice or other ecchi moments in each episode.
Jun 18, 2023 2:40 PM

May 2021
Since I watched around this time in 2021. I've only seen it twice as of last year.
Jun 27, 2023 3:47 AM
May 2022
I don't understand why but this show is just my favorite, incredibly fun and I rewatch it every year or so around when summer ends.

Very much a comfort show for me
Mar 22, 2:58 AM
Jan 2018
Just started watching & immediately noticed that it's pretty much like Please Teacher. Please Teacher & Please Twins is worth a watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.