Forum Settings
Forums

Script Writer of Persona 4 Criticizes the Scenario of Guilty Crown [Update Feb 4]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 3, 2012 7:05 AM

Sep 2008
Script =/= stories quality.

Some anime can have good script without necessarily being good. Some example is Ano Natsu de Materu, I don't find the anime is particularly good, but they clearly have good episode script writer. the pacing is stable and not contrasting each other too much in feel, you can't said the same about GC that can changing magnitude in every episode.

So this P4 writer dude maybe just saying about that, he's right and not necessarily hypocrite if u find P4 anime is bad too, he just voicing his opinion as script writter, its not like he saying "my writing is better" and IIRC this guy write mostly the comedic episode, so he got nothing to do either if you think the overall of anime is bad.
Feb 3, 2012 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
i haven't watched eather of them. still im not sure if it is the right time to say ....
BEEF!
Feb 3, 2012 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
fertygo said:

Some anime can have good script without necessarily being good. Some example is Ano Natsu de Materu, I don't find the anime is particularly good, but they clearly have good episode script writer. the pacing is stable and not contrasting each other too much in feel, you can't said the same about GC that can changing magnitude in every episode.

So this P4 writer dude maybe just saying about that, he's right and not necessarily hypocrite if u find P4 anime is bad too, he just voicing his opinion as script writter, its not like he saying "my writing is better" and IIRC this guy write mostly the comedic episode, so he got nothing to do either if you think the overall of anime is bad.

People should read this post.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 3, 2012 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah, even though Guilty Crown is on my Top Favorite list.

It's just because of the graphics and the soundtrack. Nothing else.

And the posts here is fun.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Feb 3, 2012 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
fertygo said:

^THIS

I've watched P4 & GC... but P4 keep me interested more than GC eventhough I never played any P4 game in my life... & the whole QUALITY plus the production cost issue surrounded it before..

GC wasted so many potentials.. I'm loving the dark tones, settings & its superior animation more than P4 but each time I watched the new episodes all I do was keep facepalming until the end of the ep

well that's my opinion, different people have their own preferences.....
Feb 3, 2012 7:38 AM

Jun 2009
Killuan said:
Persona 4 wins the award of being my 10th series to drop. Ever. And the first these past two years. I fail to see what is good about it. Animation it horrible, pacing is disjointed at best, the main character knows of only a few more than ten words, and all of the rest of the characters act like melodramatic sissys.

Guilty Crowns main flaw is Shu. Remove him and it would at least be somewhat entertaining. No one thing would fix P4.
And I don't care if P4 is a faithful game adaptation. You can't follow a game to the dime and expect it to work as an anime. The pacing is atrocious because of this...among other things.

Nicely said. However I will say that Persona at least has good reasons for it's problems. The animation is bad because of the animators getting screwed a while back. The pacing is bad because they are adapting a story which is simply...massive and not suited for anime at all. But I am impressed that the writer managed to make the main character who was essentially a plank into one of the few anime characters to really make me laugh.

Completely agree. Remove Shu and the show becomes enjoyable.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 3, 2012 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
We all know Yuu would rape Shu (even after episode 15)
[center]
Feb 3, 2012 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
They are both bad. :/
Feb 3, 2012 8:34 AM

Feb 2008
Project_MkUltra said:
But Persona is horrible

This. It's a shitty writer calling out other shitty writers, which is kind of hilarious.
Feb 3, 2012 10:00 AM

May 2009
Both shows are shit, yet I watch them and enjoy it.
Feb 3, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
i started thinking something like that about guilty crown
Feb 3, 2012 12:12 PM

Jun 2008
Confucius said:
HadesXIII said:
Project_MkUltra said:
But Persona is horrible

Damn straight, he says that GC is bad? He should read his own shitty ass script

I don't think we should focus on who is saying this, but it is the content of his criticism on Guilty Crown that is important here.

Exactly ^^;
Feb 3, 2012 12:20 PM

Feb 2009
The Persona 4 staff is prone to logorrhea. Do they want to become the next Yamakan or what?
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Feb 3, 2012 12:23 PM
May 2011
This writer should worry about Persona 4 and worry about making it not sucky. Rather than worrying about other anime's. Persona 4 gets it's 20k sales because of it's fan-base, I can predict that most of the people who are watching it have played the games (MOST...not ALL). Guilty Crown started out Anime first...then it received it's manga...but other than that not much of a previous fan-base to follow it >_>... so Technically I gotta say that Guilty Crown is better. I have played Persona 3 and 4 but never finished either of them due to the repetitiveness of doing dungeons and stuff -_- I did not enjoy that.
ban1o.jpg
Feb 3, 2012 2:37 PM

Mar 2011
Kumagaya wrote the scripts of Persona 4 The Animation episodes 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, and 14 that shit? was it you? -.-"
Feb 3, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2010
Well, Persona is better script-wise, but afaik it also sold better so why would he bother complaining about GC's sales?
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 3, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, Persona is better script-wise, but afaik it also sold better so why would he bother complaining about GC's sales?
He not complaining.

His comment is very casual really. nothing offensive about it.

Just like some post in this thread. (most of post is just trash tho)
fertygoFeb 3, 2012 3:17 PM
Feb 3, 2012 3:57 PM

Sep 2011
I think some people are blowing this out of proportion but yeah I like both series so can't really takes sides and don't really care too.
Feb 3, 2012 6:21 PM

May 2011
dtshyk said:
Update on February 4th
Kumagaya apologized on his twitter account that he had made offensive and self-centered remarks. He will visit the production companies of Guilty Crown and Persona 4 The Animation to make an official apology.

That'll be a fun visit. I guess we're not the only ones shrowing shit around about both the shows. xD
Feb 3, 2012 6:29 PM

Apr 2010
I'm glad he apologized, since he was way off base with his comments.

Feb 3, 2012 6:42 PM

Jul 2009
HKenji said:
Kumagaya wrote the scripts of Persona 4 The Animation episodes 4, 6, 7, 11, 13, and 14 that shit? was it you? -.-"

you mean the 2 ep mini arc that many praised for its ability to smoothly integrate multiple Social Links within just a couple of episodes?

Killuan said:
the main character knows of only a few more than ten words

yet he's the most interesting badass characters this season, probably just behind Araragi, figuratively.
Feb 3, 2012 6:43 PM

Apr 2010
jeroz said:
you mean the 2 ep mini arc that many praised for its ability to smoothly integrate multiple Social Links within just a couple of episodes?

Those two episodes sucked.

Feb 3, 2012 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
RyanSaotome said:
jeroz said:

those 2 episodes achieved 4 things:
integrate multiple social links which explains the new persona [successfully adapting from the game], great comedic value [interesting for viewers], build characters to both Nanako and Yuu [adds value to story], shows the other side of things that you can't find in the game [additional easter eggs for the gamers]. Ep13~14 achieved the things that were required with smooth pacing and interesting scripts, so I have no idea why you said that. What else are you expecting?
Feb 3, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2010
jeroz said:
RyanSaotome said:
jeroz said:

integrate multiple social links which explains the new persona [successfully adapting from the game], great comedic value [interesting for viewers], build characters to both Nanako and Yuu [adds value to story], shows the other side of things that you can't find in the game [additional easter eggs for the gamers]. Ep13~14 achieved the things that were required with smooth pacing and interesting scripts, so I have no idea why you said that. What else are you expecting?

They also achieved total boredom, which nullifies most of those points. I almost dropped the series since I waited forever to watch the 2nd part since I didn't care about watching the same episode again from a different pov.

Plus it was full of filler and filler sucks in an anime like this. Wheres the naughty nurse scenes? Probably the worse omission the anime made

Feb 3, 2012 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
RyanSaotome said:
jeroz said:
RyanSaotome said:
jeroz said:

They also achieved total boredom, which nullifies most of those points. I almost dropped the series since I waited forever to watch the 2nd part since I didn't care about watching the same episode again from a different pov.

Plus it was full of filler and filler sucks in an anime like this. Wheres the naughty nurse scenes? Probably the worse omission the anime made
People seems positive for those episode tho. altho for me eps 13 is pretty bad indeed. Eps 4 is the best in the series tho script-wise.
EDIT :I'm mistaken it with eps 12, oh well..

Btw Japanese is so easy to say sorry lol, nice culture that they have there.
fertygoFeb 3, 2012 8:26 PM
Feb 3, 2012 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
RyanSaotome said:

I see, you just want the naughty nurse part and were disappointed by the fact that anime goes for something better instead.

I understand.
Feb 3, 2012 10:19 PM

Jun 2011
I don't like either. Both Persona 4 and Guilty Crown had only like 3 good eps, give or take a few.
Feb 3, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2010
yeah... all i know is that thanks to the anime, my ps2 is rolling in its grave. my beloved persona. and i'm not the only one among my friends that think so.
Feb 3, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2011
its funny seeing a director that did a awful job writing his show complain about another show that does a awful job at writing too

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 3, 2012 10:58 PM

Jan 2010
Keodara said:
I'm now starting to realise that half the people who are hating on GC don't realise that, at the moment, Shu is currently a complete badass who's prepared to rape whatever gets in his way with 50+ voids at his disposal lol....

But that's another reason to be all "argh" over the story :I

Just a few episodes ago he was all weak and whatanot, then BAM badass? There is no SMOOTH character development. It's like at one point, he just had to turn like that (and it just HAS to be after Gai dies, because if the leader is dead, the main character has to take his position in being the badass, so cliche).

When you watch an anime with a good story, you notice that the characters have development which you DON'T notice until the plot twist comes. It just happens naturally, and looks more true than GC where he just SUDDENLY had a personality change

Agree with most people. How can they even do GC? I'm serious. Beautiful animation, beautiful music, story... wth.
It makes me sad to know that they wasted such a HUGE budget on something that COULD'VE had a better story to enjoy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 11:00 PM

Sep 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
Keodara said:
I'm now starting to realise that half the people who are hating on GC don't realise that, at the moment, Shu is currently a complete badass who's prepared to rape whatever gets in his way with 50+ voids at his disposal lol....

Just a few episodes ago he was all weak and whatanot, then BAM badass? There is no SMOOTH character development. It's like at one point, he just had to turn like that (and it just HAS to be after Gai dies, because if the leader is dead, the main character has to take his position in being the badass, so cliche).

When you watch an anime with a good story, you notice that the characters have development which you DON'T notice until the plot twist comes. It just happens naturally, and looks more true than GC where he just SUDDENLY had a personality change

Agree with most people. How can they even do GC? I'm serious. Beautiful animation, beautiful music, story... wth.
It makes me sad to know that they wasted such a HUGE budget on something that COULD'VE had a better story to enjoy.
shu was never weak in battle, only weak in mind, go rewatch the first episode, hes always been badass in a fight, hes only been weak of mind

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 3, 2012 11:03 PM

Jan 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Keodara said:

shu was never weak in battle, only weak in mind, go rewatch the first episode, hes always been badass in a fight, hes only been weak of mind

That's exactly what I meant. Character development does NOT only come with battle skills, but with mind.
And that's exactly what I was implying.
He was weak minded, then turns badass?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Keodara said:

That's exactly what I meant. Character development does NOT only come with battle skills, but with mind.
i wouldnt even call him badass, its more like what happened to light and lelouch where they just turn phyco after a while. i dont get where you guys are getting badass from, he mentally snapped, he was in the right for once and someone elses fuck up ruined everything. hes not turning badass and manning up, hes pretty much turning evil and treating those below him like trash, just like lelouch and light ended up like.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 3, 2012 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
i thought that both show were bad. are they even getting an audience?
Feb 4, 2012 2:40 AM

Jan 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kurimu-chan said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Keodara said:

i wouldnt even call him badass, its more like what happened to light and lelouch where they just turn phyco after a while. i dont get where you guys are getting badass from, he mentally snapped, he was in the right for once and someone elses fuck up ruined everything. hes not turning badass and manning up, hes pretty much turning evil and treating those below him like trash, just like lelouch and light ended up like.

He called him Badass so I called him Badass too to avoid confusion. Personally, I know the useless shoe will never be a badass, or any other character in that show to begin with. The characters and story are just too horrible.

And I wouldn't call Lelouch or Light "trash". Code Geass and Death Note HAVE an amazing storyline and good character development.
Now it's an insult to those two shows to even compare them with GC (although it's obvious that GC is somewhat of a copy of CG, a recycled one)
Feb 4, 2012 3:05 AM

Nov 2008
Persona 4 should be more action-oriented. I know that the game isn't entirely focused on fighting shadows and is essentially fan service for those already acquainted with the video game, but the lack of decent action scenes really hinders the shows potential.
Feb 4, 2012 3:13 AM

Jul 2009
persona4 is never an action show to begin with anyway, so why expecting that?
its strength are the colourful characters and the little interesting scenarios. No point deviate from the plot just for the sake of it. It's a slice of life/comedy/mystery show with those persona battles as gateways to help getting to the next point in the story.

it's like saying madoka should be moremonster-of-the-week oriented
Feb 4, 2012 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
imo anime fans today look for different things than back in 2006 or back in 1996
Feb 4, 2012 8:56 AM

Dec 2007
FroZen109 said:
i thought that both show were bad. are they even getting an audience?

Bad shows doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable to watch. :P
Feb 4, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2009
O'dear, o'dear.
Feb 4, 2012 10:23 AM

May 2008
LOL oh wow tbh neither shows are horrible so I dunno what the big fuss is about.

Persona haters to the left, GC haters to the right.

The Persona anime is actually as close as a game to anime adaptation is probably ever going to get. It destroys Tales of the Abyss's anime for sure.

Guilty Crown is just fine. I love how lots of people are going ape shit over these two animes in the beginning and now they're like "LOL IT'S SO SHIT."

Make up your fucking minds before you join the 'in' crowd, whatever that is.

Feb 5, 2012 1:05 PM
Dec 2008
Even if Persona''s script is bad, it doesn't mean he cannot criticize guilty crown's script, which really was bad, at least for the first half.
Feb 5, 2012 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
dtshyk said:
[Persona 4] Script writer Kumagaya Jun tweeted that he was perplexed to see Guilty Crown sold 10,000 copies. "I'm concerned about it as a writer. Although the animation graphics were great, the scenario was in that quality."

Kumagaya apologized on his twitter account that he had made offensive and self-centered remarks.

That Kumagaya guy sounds like a "bitch-ass punk" and the now-run-of-the-mill "herbivore man" to me.

If you're gonna talk mess about someone or something, stand by it. "Shit sells," but you don't need to take it.

(I don't like Persona either, but atleast it has some history going on.)
Feb 5, 2012 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
butthurt... how offensive could it have been?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 6, 2012 3:29 AM

Aug 2008
Says the guy responsible for the fag episode... Both shows suck in one way or another. Fix yourself first, then complain about other mediocre titles.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 10, 2012 6:02 PM

Aug 2009
Guilty Crown is one of the most atrocious shows in recent years but this is really a case with a pot calling a kettle black. The Persona 4 anime really took a shit on the original game, especially the script which turned everyone into shallow asshats and cared more about terrible comedy segments than taking anything seriously.
Feb 26, 2012 7:56 PM

Nov 2007
why does this thread consist mostly of fans of one or neither show calling one or both horrible? why do you gotta hate? why can't people like one or both? people take things so seriously. I could say "oh you hate GC / Persona but you like THAT SHOW WTF?". I mean people have different tastes. I suppose GC/P4 could be better but I still find both enjoyable.
Feb 26, 2012 8:20 PM

Jun 2008
Tyrenol said:
dtshyk said:
[Persona 4] Script writer Kumagaya Jun tweeted that he was perplexed to see Guilty Crown sold 10,000 copies. "I'm concerned about it as a writer. Although the animation graphics were great, the scenario was in that quality."

Kumagaya apologized on his twitter account that he had made offensive and self-centered remarks.

That Kumagaya guy sounds like a "bitch-ass punk" and the now-run-of-the-mill "herbivore man" to me.

If you're gonna talk mess about someone or something, stand by it. "Shit sells," but you don't need to take it.

(I don't like Persona either, but atleast it has some history going on.)
Pretty sure if he didn't apologize, this thread would've be even more of a shitstorm than it already is. Nothing wrong with apologizing.

If the media wasn't in on this a comment like that will probably be ignored anyways. Now MAL just makes a big deal out of it for 8 pages.
Feb 27, 2012 5:03 AM

Aug 2011
mystik said:
calling one or both horrible?
mystik said:
why can't people like one or both?
There's a massive difference between liking something and thinking it's good. It's okay if you like shit--just don't go trying to pass it off as though it were good in any way.
Feb 29, 2012 5:21 AM

May 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
its funny seeing a director that did a awful job writing his show complain about another show that does a awful job at writing too

It takes one to know one?

I agree with him. The show is crap.

GC reminds me of WWE.

GC has great production and visuals. But the characters lack substance, the drama is nonsensical, and everyone takes turns going back and forth from "heel" to "face." In the end, it feels like mindless entertainment.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and i shouldn't get worked up if they don't similarly agree with me. However, I do cringe when I see "Guilty Grown" and "greatest anime ever" used in the same paragraph. I mean common, really?!?
CirrisFeb 29, 2012 9:57 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

11 by misterreicchi »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
10 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
10 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 9

9 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.