Forum Settings
Forums

Can You Still Watch An Anime If The Ending Was Spoiled?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 20, 2012 2:56 AM

May 2010
Spoilers don't bother me, strangely.
Jun 20, 2012 4:40 AM

Mar 2012
LLawlietFan said:
Yes, in fact out of all the anime I've completed, probably around 80% of them had the ending spoiled for me. I still enjoy them nonetheless.

How is it possible that you get it spoiled that often?

I have only watched one anime which I the ending was spoiled in a comment below but I still was able to enjoy it.
Jun 20, 2012 4:43 AM

May 2012
I usually watch it even though i saw a spoiler
Jun 20, 2012 7:29 AM

May 2012
I've finished Death Note and Kuroshitsuji with spoilers, so yes.
Jun 20, 2012 7:56 AM

Jul 2007
Yes, I don't mind. Actually if they are good/interesting spoilers can be a boost to keep my watching/finish it faster

Jun 20, 2012 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah I can. It's not that big deal, because for example - if someone tell me that one of main characters died, i still want to know why he died, what caused it etc. While losing element of suprise I gain some kind of curiosity. It's not realy fair deal but it's not that bad as others says. In my opinion. Yeah, there are also some other kind of spoilers but they depends on anime or on a specific person, eg. I am mad while someone tell me which awesome weapon is going to be used in next episode of Jormugand while my friend don't care about such details. But that are minor issues and for sure none of them will drive me to dropping the series.
Jun 20, 2012 9:45 AM

Jun 2012
I don't have much trouble with watching an anime if the ending has been spoiled. I don't know why, really! The ending of Kuroshitsuji and even Kuroshitsuji II were spoiled for me by my friend, but it did not make it any less enjoyable for me to watch them. I'm currently still watching Kuroshitsuji II and I'm still planning on watching it! Like Szakal above me said, I gain some curiousity as well. You know something happens, but it just makes you want to know why, or how.

So yeah, I can still watch an anime if it has been spoiled for me. It doesn't really have any impact on whether I enjoy the anime or not. :)
Jun 20, 2012 11:15 AM

Feb 2008
Depends on the end. If it's a terrible ending, I probably won't watch it, unless I'm really interested in the show or it's a sequel/spin off. Example: Clannad After Story. Someone spoiled me the ending and spared me of that rubbish.

But I mostly don't care about spoilers, unless it's from a show I really like. Of course, I won't stop watching the show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 20, 2012 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Usually, it doesn't matter to me. I don't focus on what the ending is. I just focus on the present moment of the show I am watching

Jun 20, 2012 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Well, if somebody tells me the ending is terrible, I would probably remove this anime from my PTW, that's what I did to Eureka Seven. If somebody tells me the ending is great, I would watch it in the next day or add it to my PTW, I would never have watched School Days if the ending wasn't spoiled to me XD
Jun 20, 2012 7:06 PM

May 2012
Let me put it this way. I already know the ending of code geass (thanks to a jerk in Yahoo Answers), But I'm still going to watch it this summer.
Jun 20, 2012 8:11 PM
Nov 2011
Yeah, sure. Though, it's quite annoying.
Jun 20, 2012 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
Damn, it happens to me all the time. Especially on Youtube. (I tend to scroll down the comments.) *Facepalm*. It sucks because I feel that it would've been more exciting if I found out myself what had happened.

But if the anime was exactly to my taste, then I wouldn't mind a few spoilers here and there to keep me busy. :)
Did you say "nerd"?
----------------------
Not "nerd" -- "node".

Jun 20, 2012 9:12 PM

Feb 2012
Totally- unless i didn't like the Anime in the first place, in which case it might give me an incentive to stop watching, but even then my need to finish what i started will keep me watching.
After all, a lot of Anime has things in between that stray from the main story line that i might be interested in watching. I don't want to skip that. Plus, if i worried about spoilers so much, then i wouldn't be interested at all in watching Anime that i've already read the manga to.
I watch to enjoy and very rarely let spoilers bug me. If i'm really interested in what happens, i usually go look up before i finish anyway, lol. Usually spoilers give me an incentive to keep watching because i want to see it for myself.
For example, I knew what would happen in School Days, but i enjoyed that scene nonetheless. I knew certain characters would die in certain series, but i watched and felt the impact.
Jun 20, 2012 9:21 PM

Feb 2010
I'm currently watching Gun Grave... The entire story and every plot twist was spoiled, though I am still chugging along full speed ahead!
Jun 20, 2012 9:28 PM
Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure many people who watched Fate Stay Night know how Fate Zero will end and it has like 9.0 on the site so it seems plenty can watch an anime knowing its ending.
Jun 26, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2011
I've been spoiled on multiples animes just by innocently looking for OSTs on Youtube. Still gotta watch them though.
Jun 26, 2012 8:36 AM

Feb 2012
Yup, I can, but it sucks sometimes, like when you realize it wasn't worth watching and just knowing the ending would be enough.
Quite ironically, the first thing I saw from Code Geass was the ending. I found it really interesting and emotional, but when I looked this anime up, I was like - Damn, it has got 2 seasons and it's very popular and I already know that

Is it still worth watching? I decided to watch it and it was worth it. Throughout the series I almost forgot about the spoiled ending and enjoyed it.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 26, 2012 8:46 AM

Feb 2012
I'm not saying I'd drop an anime just because I was given a spoiler but it sucks. I have a friend that really really ENJOYS giving spoilers. For me it is really annoying when you're watching an anime that you already know how it's going to end- I mean, if there are some mysteries or plot twists before the end that may take you thinking that the end is going to be somehow and then you remember how is the end going to be cuz you've been given spoilers, it kinda ruins the moment.

because the weather was good enough
i loved every moment of it.
Jun 26, 2012 10:26 AM

Mar 2012
I'm watching Clannad even though I know the most note worthy moments from afterstory, but I can still appreciate the story. It just isn't as big of a shock since I know what to expect, which is disappointing.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした
Jun 26, 2012 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
In my case is more like : Can I watch an anime without looking for spoilers?
I really can't help myself. If there are spoilers out there they will find me and I will find them.:)) (I'm one of the people who knew how Fate/Zero will end without having watched Fate/Stay Night)
This mainly happens because I'm curious and I hate waiting and also because I've learned that the scenarios I create in my head are usually better than what actually happens and by knowing the main plot points beforehand I avoid disappointment.
Jun 26, 2012 12:04 PM

Oct 2008
Yes, because I like to know how it got to that ending.

For some anime I spoil the ending for myself so I know if a series has a good ending. I hate watching anime that has a crappy ending.
Jun 26, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2012
Considering one of the biggest franchises in the world still made millions even after having everyone knowing what was going to happen (Star Wars). So i'm pretty sure people can. That being said....Having the ending spoiled does annoy me a little.....Mostly because if i think it's something good....It makes me want to skip that far into the series and watch it.....

If the anime is bad....Then i'll just drop it and read how it ends on wiki or something. I did this with Tenjo Tenge or whatever it's called, and Ano Hana....Although i knew how Ano was going to end from the start.....

It seems everyone is saying Code Geass for pretty much the same reason haha

I wish someone would've spoiled Clannad AS for me.......I wasted all that time watching it...and now i despise the show

I can still watch something after it being spoiled though......It's just a matter of....If i like the anime enough to do it....If the anime is annoying to me, and i don't like who the main character ends up with at the end as a love interest then i will drop the series like a rock.

Jun 26, 2012 3:06 PM

Mar 2012
Study Shows That People Enjoy A Story More If They Know The Ending. *Fact*
Jun 26, 2012 4:53 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yes, I can. I'm like Zoro, I can forget it.
Jun 28, 2012 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
I can and do. Occasionally ive spoiled a little of the anime myself by doing too much reading before watching. Plus...my memory's not the greatest.
Jun 28, 2012 2:28 AM

Jun 2012
maladox said:
Study Shows That People Enjoy A Story More If They Know The Ending. *Fact*

This

I tend to watch the first few episodes first to get to know the setting, characters etc and then proceed to spoil myself with how it will all end. If I like how it all ends then I will watch the series.
Jun 28, 2012 5:03 AM

Jul 2010
Basically everything in One Piece was spoiled for me until they got to the New World, still watched it anyway.
Jun 28, 2012 5:07 AM

Jan 2012
I'm able to . Not like those sensitive cunts
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 28, 2012 2:23 PM
Jun 2012
haha thats a funny question to ask. when i watch new anime's or get to an interesting part i always go on google or the animes wikia to get an answer
Jun 28, 2012 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Niverse said:
Basically everything in One Piece was spoiled for me until they got to the New World, still watched it anyway.

Exact same thing, if someone spoils the story for me, I can just sit down and enjoy the experience, the ending isn't really that important. If the series is good enough, it can still give you a reaction to something you know is coming.
Jun 28, 2012 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Yes, I can still enjoy series even if they were spoiled. Some of the greatest ones were spoiled for me but I still love 'em.

1. NGE - EoE was completely spoiled for me. It still felt like I was on an acid trip.
2. Code Geass - I knew

3. TTGL -

4. School Days - People only watch it for the ending anyways.
5. Death Note -
Jun 28, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2012
A friend of mine spoiled the ending for berserk for me and yet when I got to the end it was so shocking it still took me by surprise and made me drop my jaw
Jun 28, 2012 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Having the ending spoiled makes it less enjoyable usually but it usually doesn't ruin it for me.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Jun 28, 2012 5:46 PM

May 2009
I always read the episode summaries to make sure I don't waste my time watching something I don't like. But I must admit I did read about the end of Inu Boku SS and I like the ending but in a way I am kind of like.........starting to not be in the mood to watching it. It could have something to do with the fact my computer freezed when I was watching the first episode though that I am now hesitant to watch it.
Jun 28, 2012 5:53 PM

Dec 2011
Fuck there are some anime where I just look up the ending myself because I'll drop it if it doesn't end the way I want it to lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2012 2:05 PM
May 2012
I purposely spoil shows for myself, because i don't like not knowing what happens
Jun 29, 2012 2:37 PM

Jun 2011
Usually I still can if the storyline and characters interest me enough, but I definitely try to avoid spoilers if I'm currently watching or considering an anime series. Minor spoilers are okay, but I want to be surprised by major plot twists. That's half the fun. :)
Jun 29, 2012 4:08 PM

Jun 2012
Yes, seeing as how I still watched Clannad After Story even after learning about the major spoiler at the end

I do try to avoid it but if it happens, I just deal with it. The ending still made me cry like a baby so I don't think spoilers really affect the story too much. Though, it does take out some of the enjoyment and ruins part of the experience. I do sometimes wish I had a time machine
Jun 29, 2012 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
ducks-attack said:
I purposely spoil shows for myself, because i don't like not knowing what happens

weirdo
Jun 29, 2012 10:10 PM
Jun 2012
I always spoil the animes I watch endings or usually. If I get bored or sidetracked with an anime I just go on wikipedia and read about then look up the endings. Then I'm like "Eh, don't need to watch it I know how it ends." And then I drop it.... Unless an anime is short and captures my attention through out the whole thing I won't diverge from it. But other wise.... I tend to spoil it for myself... I have low attention span and I like knowing what happens.
Jun 29, 2012 10:22 PM

Mar 2012
While it does annoy me, yes, I can still watch an anime even if the ending is spoiled. Mostly because everyone can have a different interpretation of the ending. I remember watching Gosick and had a long discussion with someone about it because we had two COMPLETELY different interpretations of the ending.

I guess it depends on how complex the anime you are watching is. I can understand wanting to watch an anime like Madoka Magica even if the ending is spoiled because...well...there are about a million different ways to interpret that ending (not implying it was a bad ending, just implying it was a complex ending).
Jun 30, 2012 12:22 AM
Jun 2012
My freind spoiled the hell out of CG when i was halfway through with it , yet i still love the ending .
Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil ? - Lelouch vi Britannia
Jun 30, 2012 12:38 AM

Nov 2008
Yes I can and it's still enjoyable to watch because I want to know how the series get to that point and what came before the part that I got spoiled about.
Jun 30, 2012 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
Yep, of course i can..
Jun 30, 2012 3:27 AM

Oct 2011
yep
Jun 30, 2012 4:47 AM
Jun 2012
i can still continue to watch an anime if the ending was spoiled. Sometimes the 'journey' matters more than the 'destination'. so i am still keen to know how the story will progress to the ending.

however sometimes its a bit annoying to have spoilers. there are spoilers everywhere. like YouTube comments, Wikipedia, opening and ending songs. so generally one should exercise caution in these places if they hate spoilers.

some of it is unavoidable though, like opening and ending songs.
Jun 30, 2012 5:08 AM
May 2012
Yes i still watch it .
Jun 30, 2012 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
hmmm probably not because you know whats going to happen and it wont be as ''great' (dont really know what the word is) unless i was watching the anime for trolling.
Jun 30, 2012 6:38 AM

Jan 2012
People already knew School Days ending and yet they watch it anyway, in fact that's the only reason why.
---
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

6 by LightWorker »»
7 minutes ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

43 by Richard_Senpai »»
7 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

19 by DigiCat »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

23 by Kurgo »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 6 hours ago

13 by 23feanor »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.