Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2011 11:58 AM

Mar 2009
Inspired by the "best of" how about the worst you saw in 2011.

Rio: Rainbow Gate! - 2
Double-J - 3
Houkago no Pleiades - 3
Nyanpire The Animation - 3
Blood-C - 4
Freezing - 4
IS: Infinite Stratos - 4
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - 4
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizion - 4
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox - 4

And play nice. No flaming someone because you don't agree. Respectfully asking "Why?" is another thing all together.

-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 30, 2011 12:02 PM

Dec 2011
lisnoire said:
Freezing - 4
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - 4

What? :O Okay maybe Freezing I can understand, it was essentially only fan-service, but had some charm to it! On the other hand, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka had a lot of charm to it! But I guess if that stuff isn't within your preference...

Anyway for me it'd have to be Nyanpire, and Coppelion (because I had high expectaitons for it, and it never got released ^^), and I can't declare any more, because if it really was that bad, I'd drop it immediately.
Dec 30, 2011 12:05 PM

Sep 2011
I've hardly watched any of the anime of this year, but the worst I have encountered so far are Guilty Crown and Un-Go.
Dec 30, 2011 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
Oh hey, that's actually new (I think).

I'd first have to look what I actually watched from this year. There are lots of shows from 2011 on my ptw, since I wait for them to finish airing and pick them up a couple of months after that, so I haven't seen all that much new stuff.

The only actually bad one coming to mind is Deadman Wonderland.

Apart from that there was some generic stuff:

A Channel was worthless and boring

Infinite Stratos was pretty bad, but I have seen worse. I don't think it was as horrible as most people say (yeah, seriously. I just enjoy watching a mindless ecchi/harem once in a while)

Denpa Onna was completely pointless (but not THAT bad). There were other shows that also fall in the "mediocre" category that aren't worth mentioning. What pissed me off about Denpa was that I think it had potential but totally wasted it. That's why I mention it in particular.
Dec 30, 2011 12:10 PM

May 2010
Hidan no Aria
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

pick one.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 30, 2011 12:14 PM
Sep 2009
Hidan no Aria
Blood-C
Kamisama Dolls
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Dec 30, 2011 12:16 PM

May 2011
Mirai Nikki 1-3/10 still airing
Guilty Crown 1-3/10 still airing
Shakugan no Shana III 2-4/10 still airing

More than anything, the problem is in direction and adaption quality. J.C.Staff is enough said about Shana. Guilty Crown just happens to be a clusterfuck in every single way no matter how you watch it. Unless it really is parodying non-existing plot, cliche themes, fan service, badly written characters and amateurish directors by doing it all on worse level than any other series has managed to do before. But since Japan does not say it's a parody, then it's nothing but a clusterfuck. Mirai Nikki is worst directed anime from what I've seen. The manga was fine, anime adaption is disgrace to the title.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Dec 30, 2011 12:22 PM

Nov 2008
Oretsuba, the worst VN adaptation in existence.

Freezing was by far the worst ecchi in 2011.

Manyuu is the worst anime of 2011 period, it makes Freezing seem like a masterpiece and Oretsuba actually seem decent.

Dec 30, 2011 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
A-Channel was fine, but some parts were lame and painful to watch.
Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? was a disappointment. It started off looking good, but in the end I was like "What the hell am I watching?"

But thinking now, I only watched very few anime of this year. Most of them are on my ptw list.
Dec 30, 2011 12:42 PM

Jun 2011
Well, out of the ones I've seen:

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira 2/10 - Probably the biggest reason why I'm so dissapointed with it is because I had high expectations T_T I disliked the first OVA, but I thought it would become better (I mean, the 1st and the last episodes of Rei were also random)... it's not even funny...
-Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon 3/10 - I didn't get the plot, a lot of characters and neither of them are memorable and don't have a development... and it's damn boring...
-Blood C-Slow, boring, dull characters...

That would be it, the others were at least decent, as far as I can remember...
Dec 30, 2011 12:47 PM
Aug 2011
Blood-C: 3
Hidan No Aria: 3 (I had high expectations for this one...)
Chibi Devi: 3 (Too short to be interesting)
Maken-Ki: 3 (I struggled to finish the first episode)
The Idolm@ster: 4 (boring...)
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kira: 4 (it isn't funny at all)
GedvuvdvjbchDec 30, 2011 12:57 PM
Dec 30, 2011 12:48 PM

Sep 2007
Higurashi Kira and Blood-C are pretty horrid.
Dec 30, 2011 12:54 PM
Feb 2008
For me it was definitly Sacred Seven I wonder how I managed to finish it.
Dec 30, 2011 12:59 PM
Feb 2011
Didn't watch all of the anime but and form the watched ones I'd say:

IS: Infinite Stratos - 4
Dragon Crisis! - 3
Hidan no Aria - 2
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - 2

I guess Maken-Ki and Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! would also be one of the worst, but I'm waiting for the BD's just to watch these for the fanservice
Dec 30, 2011 1:18 PM

Mar 2009
I watched and sampled a lot but there was much, much more that I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft polearm (that's a pole with something sharp and metal on the end).

DarChronicle said:
. . . . . Kore wa Zombie Desu ka had a lot of charm to it! But I guess if that stuff isn't within your preference...
--That's it exactly. Just not my thing.

Motion_Menace said:
I've hardly watched any of the anime of this year, but the worst I have encountered so far are Guilty Crown and Un-Go.
--Awwww. And I liked both of those. But as I stated elsewhere, I'm likely one of three people who liked Guilty Crown. It's no 10 but I liked it better than a lot of other stuff this year. Actually, I didn't find any 10's this year.

grandy_UiD said:
Oh hey, that's actually new (I think).
-- Had you in mind when I started it. ;-) Your "100th time. Oh, that's different. Carry on." did it.

Karhu said:
. . . Guilty Crown 1-3/10 still airing . . . Guilty Crown just happens to be a clusterfuck in every single way no matter how you watch it. Unless it really is parodying non-existing plot, cliche themes, fan service, badly written characters and amateurish directors by doing it all on worse level than any other series has managed to do before. But since Japan does not say it's a parody, then it's nothing but a clusterfuck. Mirai Nikki is worst directed anime from what I've seen. The manga was fine, anime adaption is disgrace to the title.
-- Even though I like Guilty Crown I appreciate your turn of phrase. I would apply all that you said to Kyoukai Senjou no Horizion as well. And Mirai Nikki was indeed a disappointment.
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Dec 30, 2011 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
lisnoire said:
-- Had you in mind when I started it. ;-)

This is the first time in my life that I have been on a female person's mind. On December 30th you made my year. I can die happy now.
Dec 30, 2011 1:28 PM

Jun 2010
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon- 2/10

At least Rainbow Gate and Manyuu Hikenchou were hilariously bad. Horizon was horrible and utterly unenjoyable.

Majikoi comes at a close second with probably Itsuka Tenma at third worst.
Dec 30, 2011 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
IS: Infinite Stratos - 4/10
I was hoping it'd have more emphasis on the mech genre but no. It obviously has to go full harem.
Dec 30, 2011 1:41 PM

Sep 2010

That would be great if this site wasn't full of people that claim to only watch the best of the best to begin with. This will lead to people listing good shows that just didn't live up the someone's baseless expectations(no knowledge of the source, demographics, or franchise history).

But let me keep this ball rolling with some anime names.
Happy Kappy
X-Men
Blade
Wolverine

I am having deja vu. I recall answering writing in Happy Kappy in a 'Worst of' poll thread around here.

Dec 30, 2011 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
grandy_UiD said:
lisnoire said:
-- Had you in mind when I started it. ;-)

This is the first time in my life that I have been on a female person's mind. On December 30th you made my year. I can die happy now.
--I frequently think about your comments :-)

CrimsonLight said:
IS: Infinite Stratos - 4/10
I was hoping it'd have more emphasis on the mech genre but no. It obviously has to go full harem.
-- What's sad is that I sensed a story under there. Same with Freezing. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against ecchi and/or fanservice but when it usurps the whole anime I'm gone.
Dec 30, 2011 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
Guilty Crown!
what a way to waste money. Make anime with top-notch art but crappy story!
1/10 "unwatchable" but "Skip-able" for me...

Blood-C
Natsume 3
Hidan no Aria
Rio: Rainbow Gate!
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizion
IZUMI64Dec 30, 2011 2:40 PM
Dec 30, 2011 1:56 PM

Mar 2011
I have this one down:

Beezlebub - Dropped, it just got so tiresome and repetitive. It was already boring and predictable.

Rio: Rainbow Gate - Dropped, I had it with how unashamedly retarded it was.

Battle Girls: Time Paradox - It was so bad I'm surprised I made it to episode 5.

Those are the only shows I've ever dropped too.

Infinite Stratos - 3/10, saved from dropping by Charlotte who was quite a likable character

Hidan no Aria - Stupid, and I'm just sick of Rie lolis.

Dumbass Wonderland - This is one of the most retarded shows ever, I detest the lead as well.

A-Channel - Boring

C3 - The animation was pretty good, but the directing was erratic in quality, and the actual content was terrible. Also suffered from a lack of logic.

Kamisama no Memochou - It was pretty stupid, but mostly it was a massive disappointment.

Those are all the ones I gave 3 or lower to.

Some anime's that other's have slated that I don't think are that bad compared to my own list:

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? - It was actually pretty funny most of the way through, though it suffered massively from Cerebus Syndrome. I also liked the character designs, but that's personal preference.

Freezing - Yes, for most the way through it was just ecchi crap, but it did improve towards the end, in fact I'd even say the last 4 episodes were relatively good.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Okay, this is actually pretty shit, but I just thought it was so retarded it was funny.

As for Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown, they aren't over yet, and I don't think they deserve worst of year due to just how much shitter several other titles have been.

But here's a new question: What is the most Disappointing anime this year for you?

For me, Fractale has got to take the cake.
Dec 30, 2011 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
InfiniteRyvius said:

if you dropped Beelzebub because "it just got so tiresome and repetitive. It was already boring and predictable"
you should also drop Guilty Crown because "IT JUST GOT SO TIRESOME AND REPETITIVE. IT WAS ALREADY BORING AND PREDICTABLE"

p.s : because of my policy, I never drop any anime. so, don't tell me to drop any anime even though I only give it 1/10
Dec 30, 2011 2:16 PM

Oct 2010
Now this is something I can get behind, 2011 spawned so many shows from Hell that I can barely remember all of them, but I'll give it a go. I'd love to rate them, but it's futile, every single one is beyond comprehension in it's awfulness.

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Seems like the product of soulless committee thinking even though as a manga it must have been written by one person, I didn't even know it was possible to write something so cynically to tick every money-making box. Actually evil.
Infinite Stratos - Except it happened again. Check on the moe stereotypes, no plot of any meaning, some fanservice, some action that doesn't cut it and no ending (for series 2 of course). I'm actually amazed they stretched it out for a whole season while giving such a minute amount of exposition about what was actually happening.
Moshidora - Apparently based on a best-selling novel in Japan? Which makes this even more amazing, because you'd think it would make money? But it looks like the people who made it only came into work every other day, because not only was it rubbish with pacing from hell, but it even lacked the shiny edge of all the other horrible anime of 2011.
Hidan no Aria - So bad the fansubbers trolled the people who watched it, enough said.
Blood-C - While I kind of admire the makers desire to hold out on the "point" of their sereis for so long it would have been better if they'd made a series that wasn't garbage in the first place. At least it was high-concept rubbish though.
6. Dog Days and Sengoku Otome -
I can only remember that they were awful and resembled a Japanese history teacher's bad dream, that's it. Which isn't so hot.
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon -
I have no idea what the hell this was. I don't mean the actual plot, but rather the actual horror that was this series. This was like an actual monster, made to mock the fact that I like watching anime.

And then there's a procession of all the series that I thought were just rubbish, but these ones were so bad I actually kinda wanted to vomit.
Dec 30, 2011 2:26 PM

May 2009
Hidan no Aria
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
Rio: Rainbow Gate

I believe I gave all three a 4/10.
Dec 30, 2011 2:29 PM

Mar 2011
IZUMI64 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

if you dropped Beelzebub because "it just got so tiresome and repetitive. It was already boring and predictable"
you should also drop Guilty Crown because "IT JUST GOT SO TIRESOME AND REPETITIVE. IT WAS ALREADY BORING AND PREDICTABLE"

p.s : because of my policy, I never drop any anime. so, don't tell me to drop any anime even though I only give it 1/10

I didn't tell you to drop anything did I? I haven't rated anything 1, for it to be a 1 it literally has to have no enjoyment whatsoever, but I can somewhat understand the not dropping sentiment.

I agree that Guilty Crown is somewhat predictable, maybe even repetitive, however, I don't think it's that boring or tiresome (though Shu's actions do verge towards that often), in fact I think it's fairly entertaining. I don't know why you're so offended by what I said, do you really like Beezlebub or do you just hate Guilty Crown?
Dec 30, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2011
Hoshizora e Kakeru Hashi.
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Dec 30, 2011 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
InfiniteRyvius said:
IZUMI64 said:
InfiniteRyvius said:

I didn't tell you to drop anything did I? I haven't rated anything 1, for it to be a 1 it literally has to have no enjoyment whatsoever, but I can somewhat understand the not dropping sentiment.

I agree that Guilty Crown is somewhat predictable, maybe even repetitive, however, I don't think it's that boring or tiresome (though Shu's actions do verge towards that often), in fact I think it's fairly entertaining. I don't know why you're so offended by what I said, do you really like Beezlebub or do you just hate Guilty Crown?

I don't like or hate Beelzebub. but definitely hate GUILTY CROWN so much!
Dec 30, 2011 2:35 PM

Nov 2011
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - why does this even exist, delete, just delete it from history, just blot it out, IT NEVER EXISTED OKAY WE'RE ESTABLISHING THIS NOW.

High School of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead - not a series but I just couldn't help including. Simply the worst thing I have ever watched.
Dec 30, 2011 2:36 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:

That would be great if this site wasn't full of people that claim to only watch the best of the best to begin with. This will lead to people listing good shows that just didn't live up the someone's baseless expectations(no knowledge of the source, demographics, or franchise history).

But let me keep this ball rolling with some anime names.
Happy Kappy
X-Men
Blade
Wolverine

I am having deja vu. I recall answering writing in Happy Kappy in a 'Worst of' poll thread around here.

I agree with this i couldn't watch any of the marvel anime that came out even though i really wanted to like it.
Dec 30, 2011 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
Blood C and Hidan No Aria

I disliked these shows D:
Dec 30, 2011 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
You seem a little confused, allow me to help.
1.Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Seems like the product of soulless committee thinking even though as a manga it must have been written by one person, I didn't even know it was possible to write something so cynically to tick every money-making box. Actually evil.

What you are describing would either be a parody or deconstruction. Kore wa Zombie desu ka wasn't ticking money-making boxes but rather making sure it was making funny of every genre it could in 12 episodes.

Infinite Stratos...

Such is the curse of 12 episode anime based on light novels with more than two volumes. Rather then stretching out content they were confined to only be able to tell a small portion of the story.

3.Moshidora...

I do think it would make money because it did make money with the TV anime, Live Action movie, and original Light Novel. There's no question about it. Episode 8 onward was the only time the working habits of the production crew were disrupted to the point of viewers noticing, that was because of the earthquake, but before that there was simply no indicator that the crew wasn't coming to work everyday.

4.Hidan no Aria...

Fansubbing is not related to the quality of the show. It's like saying the Ford Mustang is the worst car ever because a salesmen had bad breath.

5.Blood-C...

6. Dog Days and Sengoku Otome..

7.Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon...

I don't have much to say about these as it seems you ran out of vitriol and lack that edgy in-yo-face attitude found in the other comments.

Dec 30, 2011 2:51 PM

May 2009
(4/10) - Hen Zemi (TV)
This was the worst for me. Some parts were just painful to watch.

(5/10) - Sacred Seven
This was my worst full length series this year. So boring.
Dec 30, 2011 2:52 PM

Mar 2011
Freezing - normally I wouldn't mind fanservice, but it's really hard to concetrate on the story when you spend the entire episode trying to understand the physics concerning those boobs, like why are they always the target of enemy attacks if its obvious from their ability to block swords and scythes that they are made from some indestructable material
Dec 30, 2011 2:58 PM

Oct 2010
Anime_Name said:

Not even a little bit.
Dec 30, 2011 2:59 PM

Jan 2010
I think I dropped most of the shows that I didn't like. The only ones I fully watched this year that I didn't really enjoy were Kimi to Boku (had it's moments, but most of the time I was bored to hell and back), Hanasaku Iroha (I actually really liked this most of the time but the last few episodes completely ruined the series for me), and maybe Level E (the comedy was really good but the episodes with the children being superheroes or whatever were huge drawbacks and I found myself nearly forcing myself not to drop it).

I think my biggest disappointment this year was Ikoku Meiro no Croisée. I was really looking forward to it because it seemed like a cute slice of life anime with nice characters. Ugh, I'm so glad I dropped this pile of crap because it was utterly unbearable to watch (especially going into episode discussions after watching it and reading everyone gushing about it, made me feel like I was blind or deaf or something since I just couldn't see the appeal).

I dropped a shit ton this year, though. There were just so many shows that I started that I either found offensive or boring. I didn't even bother adding many of them to my list because I knew I would drop them after the first or second episode.
holypoopDec 30, 2011 3:03 PM
Dec 30, 2011 3:04 PM
Dec 2011
Guilty Crown is all I can say so far. I dropped Hidan no Aria early as well. Infinite Stratos was alright, I might change my rating. It was only decent because of Charlotte.
Dec 30, 2011 3:06 PM
Feb 2011
Hidan no Aria
Sacred Seven
Moshidora
Fractale
­
Dec 30, 2011 3:07 PM

Sep 2010
Classified86 said:
Anime_Name said:

Not even a little bit.

Your guesswork about how people worked and lack of understanding of parody/deconstruction looked very confused.

Dec 30, 2011 3:18 PM

Nov 2009
Shana III is certainly well up there...not because it's the worst anime of the year. More because it has been one of the most hyped of the year and to say it is mediocre is a bit of an understatement...it's just generally bad.

Other nominations for me is definitely Hoshizora and my winner for worst anime of 2011, at least out of ones I have watched is certainly R-15.

R-15 is not just one of the worst anime of 2011, but I view it as one of the worst anime I've EVER watched and I have a good few real stinkers I've watched through.
Dec 30, 2011 3:36 PM

Sep 2010
I seen two episodes of Rio: Rainbow Gate and I need to at least watch a couple more episodes. So far I hate this one.

Also

C3 didn't even bother to add it on my list god the first episode was boring.
Not even touching that Manyuu Hikenchou series.

Everything else I watched this year was decent enough for me to finish or continue watching, but the ones I listed were the worst for me.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 30, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2011
Deadman Wonderland
Dec 30, 2011 4:46 PM

Aug 2011
I'd say Maji-whatever was pretty bad.
Dec 30, 2011 4:52 PM
Dec 2009
Highschool of the dead OVA
Dec 30, 2011 5:18 PM

Dec 2011
C3
Infintie Stratos
Deadman Wonderland
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Toriko

and I dont know whether I'll put Blood C on that list. The ending of Blood C was kinda confusing.
Dec 30, 2011 5:30 PM

May 2010
Blood-C was pretty terrible. I denno if anything tops it.
Maybe Deadman Wonderland. Hen Zemi was a bit of a let down after I kinda enjoyed the OVAs.

I denno, man. It wasn't as bad of a year as people seem to whine about it being. Oh wells.
Winter 2012 looks like it'll make people miss 2011.

Oh never mind, fuck all those. Nichijou was the worst. Suck it.
Dec 30, 2011 5:33 PM

Feb 2010
The only anime I saw this year that had absolutely no redeeming qualities was Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira. Bad fanservice and bad comedy ugh.
Dec 30, 2011 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
5. Suite Precure
4. The Idolmaster
3. Nekogami Yaoyorozu
2. Maria Holic Alive
1. Happy Kappy
Dec 30, 2011 5:50 PM

Dec 2010
Senjou no Horizon. I refuse to even put it on my list.
Dec 30, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2011
Only 2 series on the top of my head.
Guilty Crown
Anohana
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

28 by maya2003s »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 27 minutes ago

5 by Serafos »»
6 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9073 by Kenny_Stryker »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

68 by RobertBobert »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

13 by epidemia78 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.