Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2011 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How the hell did they change hairstyle in so little Time ? And they must be real twin sisters separated at birth given that neither sochie or her mother could distiguish them! Must be the syndroms of PTS at work :I
I really like the concept and setting of the series but there's something about the writing and pace that seems Off...
Apr 23, 2012 4:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
botch said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How the hell did they change hairstyle in so little Time ? And they must be real twin sisters separated at birth given that neither sochie or her mother could distiguish them! Must be the syndroms of PTS at work :I
I really like the concept and setting of the series but there's something about the writing and pace that seems Off...

My thoughts exactly. However the odd writing actually adds to the sense of unpredictability in the series.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2012 5:20 AM

Oct 2009
botch said:
How the hell did they change hairstyle in so little Time ? And they must be real twin sisters separated at birth given that neither sochie or her mother could distiguish them!

Well no wonder mother couldn't. She still thinks that father is okay.
Maybe it has something to do with the idea that anyone has a double? Dianna's is Kihel, and Loran's is Raula (just joking)
Aug 20, 2012 2:45 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah the mother is cuckoo now. We all knew the switch was coming when we saw the queen for the first time, but now Dianna is going to act, which will force the hand of whoever is working behind the scenes right now.

Also did no one realize the gig was up when Dianna made that scene in front of the grave?
Dec 12, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
Well, Loran kept watching the two of them as well as Dianna's aid so they may have noticed. I think it worked out really well overall, though. I mean, I think Dianna and Kihel both realized some important things here.

I agree that the writing is kind of...odd, though. Not bad, just....odd.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
Does anybody else remember that episode of Tia and Timera whenever the twins would have each other try on each others outfits to see how they'd look?

Pssh, and if Loran could pass off as Laura successfully, Kihel can pass off as the queen of the moon race without anyone noticing regardless of how little they know each other, NP! It gave Dianna an opportunity to be placed in the middle of a civilian family affected by the war she oversees, though. More antiwar stuff by Tomino. :P The grave scene was touching. Dianna must be seriously questioning her place to declare war on other human beings like herself.

The writing /is/ strange. The art and colors and even the setting are all strange. It's not the best or perfect or consistant, but I like it. This is my favorite Gundam so far if it doesn't suddenly turn ridiculously careless or the story falls apart.
CathedralJun 30, 2013 2:59 PM
Jul 8, 2014 10:02 AM

Jun 2012
When Dianna ran to the grave I started to cry. That was beautiful.
Jan 25, 2015 7:50 AM

Jul 2010
I find the writing so strange and weird so many times but whatever, atleast the ending was pretty powerful.
Jun 29, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2016
Queen Diana really is best girl. She's so amazing at adapting to the role of her look-alike Kiel Heim, and her performances were incredible. The whole thing with body doubles is an interesting concept, and this is the first time I've seen it actually explored and fleshed out, especially with performances like these.
Oct 11, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
that 3x jumpcut at the end there
oh boy
Apr 14, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
The Prince & the Pauper, finally starting. As predicted, it helps the Queen to see the other side's regular population, leading her to open a new regard on her doings.
I didn't find anything strange or odd, some characters address the bizarreness of the switchers through a regard or a remark. And the girls cover each other in an amusing but decent way.

The last scene was damaged by the weird repeated "return to same picture"/ loop. But it still worked.

4/5

Wondering where this "odd writing" manifests itself.

December 26, 2020
@St0rmblade Thanks !
Rei_IIIDec 26, 2020 6:08 AM
Apr 24, 2020 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
Ending was really good.

Episode stressed me out with them swapped. Thought for certain some unknown element would affect them, but really didn't. Phew.
Jul 11, 2020 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
It's absurd to think that two peope who barely know each other could replace each other so perfectly. They're basically method acting, but how do they know the script? However, Dianna expressing Kihel's grief for her made for a very interesting scene. Loran is basically two people at once, so I guess Dianna and Kihel are just one person...sorta.
Dec 25, 2020 4:07 PM

Aug 2017
Probably the best episode so far. More crossdressing - simple but well-executed idea. I wonder how Sochie will react upon discovering that her sister was Diana (or maybe she won't discover that, let's see).

Probably too much nitpicking. I think Loran was suspecting something because he rushed to make the tea (my thought was that he discovered "Kiehl's" identity and decided to help). Actually given his narration from the preview we might be supposed to believe that he saw through the crossdressing and tried to play along (like by inviting "Diana" to enter the household).

Rei_III said:

The last scene was damaged by the weird repeated "return to same picture"/ loop. But it still worked.

To my knowledge, this triple loop is a directorial "feature" of Osamu Dezaki (I'm yet to see his stuff but I did see some cuts where it's very apparent) so I guess it was a tribute to him of sorts. I liked it actually, it added more emotional emphasis/surprise and underlined the importance of the events and the shock reaction of the surrounding characters.

P.S. Seeing Guin so "close" to Kiehl is a bit uncomfortable (like placing a hand on her shoulder, etc). I hope they don't have anything going on between each other behind the scenes! Even his attitude towards Sochie is exercising control (placing a hand on the back of her seat).

P.P.S. What if Milan knew everything all along and actually was the one who collaborated with Diana to bring Kiehl in for crossdressing?!
St0rmbladeDec 25, 2020 4:14 PM
Jan 11, 2021 3:50 PM

Nov 2012
How the hell did they change hairstyle in so little Time ? And they must be real twin sisters separated at birth given that neither sochie or her mother could distinguish them!
Funny thing is Loran seems to be able to tell them apart based on two instants in the episode where he seemed to realize.
Dec 8, 2021 7:29 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode, the chemistry between Kihel and Dianna is great. I'm curious to know if the queen will intervene now that she knows what her army is doing.
Apr 22, 2023 10:33 AM

May 2019
Switching role between Kiel and Diana are so well done even Soechi and her mother couldn't notice they are switched. I kinda suspecting that these two are twins that havent yet to be revealed in the future. The grave scene is quite powerful for a short amount of time could show either Diana's symphatetic and very kind or potential connection of her actual father. Such a great episode really.

Aug 13, 2023 11:42 PM

Jul 2013
They have totally different complexion so there's no way that they wouldn't notice the difference. If they had them put makeup, then I would have bought it, but this way it's just dumb.
Nov 19, 2023 6:24 AM

Jul 2017
This was a wonderful episode,a very emotional ending.
I cried at the gravestone scene.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.