Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
all I did was shoot several thousands bullets at them, I never thought they'd take that as a sign of aggression and turn this into a war D:

what f*cking moron :/

if he didn't like the deal, then he should have done a better job of negotiating instead of lying to his people and telling them they could win with the dregs of the enemies technology.

there's no way that finding those suits will do more good than harm.
Nov 8, 2009 2:47 PM
Sep 2007
I do not see why Turn A Gundam is so well-received by everyone. I'm on the verge of dropping this.
Nov 9, 2009 3:34 AM

Aug 2009
Excelsior said:
I do not see why Turn A Gundam is so well-received by everyone. I'm on the verge of dropping this.
It's a show where u either love it or you really hate it. I personally find that im liking it wayyy wayy more than seed/destiny and a bit more than wing. Probably on the same level of gundam 00. It also gets better (ive seen up to ep 21) and ive herd the last 6-7 eps are great so maybe give it a bit more time. It grows on you, you gotta just go with the pace, dont try and rush too fast, its a slow anime which u needa appreciate all the details of whats going on. I love it, heaps. A lot maybe like it coz its not ur usual epic gundams vs gundam every single episode where the battles just become repetitve and dont seem to go anywhere, turn a has an awesome story and it really intrigues those who watch generally. Also, loran would have to be one of the least annoying main characters in a gundam series.
NightRavenNov 9, 2009 3:40 AM
May 6, 2010 4:27 AM

Apr 2009
NightRaven said:
Also, loran would have to be one of the least annoying main characters in a gundam series.

currently on ep. 4, hell yeah way better than some...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 10, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
NightRaven said:
Excelsior said:
It's a show where u either love it or you really hate it. I personally find that im liking it wayyy wayy more than seed/destiny and a bit more than wing. Probably on the same level of gundam 00. It also gets better (ive seen up to ep 21) and ive herd the last 6-7 eps are great so maybe give it a bit more time. It grows on you, you gotta just go with the pace, dont try and rush too fast, its a slow anime which u needa appreciate all the details of whats going on. I love it, heaps. A lot maybe like it coz its not ur usual epic gundams vs gundam every single episode where the battles just become repetitve and dont seem to go anywhere, turn a has an awesome story and it really intrigues those who watch generally. Also, loran would have to be one of the least annoying main characters in a gundam series.

honestly I'm not really a mecha fan, I just try them from time to time in the hopes of something original and entertaining appearing. so the reason I hated this series wasn't because it wasn't the same as the other Gundam series, it was because it was so very poorly written.
Aug 14, 2011 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Calling earthlings barbarians while shooting some big ass lasers against them, killing civilians in the process. Not to mention revengeful. Love it.

Oh Char, you need to stop popping up everywhere, go back to the Universal Century.
Aug 15, 2012 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
negotiations? KILL EM ALL!!
Dec 11, 2012 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder what Loran is up to exactly. It's almost as though he's trying to play both sides to bring about peace, but I'm not really sure. I think he was going to tell Kihel what the Moonrace was planning. But, I can't be sure.

jacobpaige said:

honestly I'm not really a mecha fan, I just try them from time to time in the hopes of something original and entertaining appearing. so the reason I hated this series wasn't because it wasn't the same as the other Gundam series, it was because it was so very poorly written.

Please fell free to tell us what is "well written" then. I admit the guys actions kind of befudel me, but if you think this is "poorly written" I'd love to see your take on the other Gundam series.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 30, 2013 10:50 AM

Nov 2011
atomusku said:
Oh Char, you need to stop popping up everywhere, go back to the Universal Century.

Haha, that's what I was thinking. I suppose whenever you come up with the perfect antagonist-antihero-something-along-those-lines, all you can do after that is ctrl c + ctrl v. I must say, though, I liked his Zeta glasses much more. Kihel's probably his little sister and everything.

I really don't get what Loran is doing so far. .__. I was thinking he's playing both sides as well, and doing so for peace would make since with him. He seems more concerned with peoples' safety than his people's rule over the earth.

Queen Dianna next! Apparently she and Kihel look similar. I wonder if anything is going to become of that besides Loran's obvious dislike of Kihel.
CathedralJun 30, 2013 10:55 AM
Feb 7, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2012
The mobile suits in this show are... bizarre. To say the least. And the animation is pretty bad too. At least the story is pretty cool until now.

Looks like Loran didn't decide wich side he'll take yet.

Of course, we're discussing about of the whole humanity in this room, so let me bring my secretary and his choffeur here, don't mind them.
May 24, 2014 9:35 AM

Apr 2009
Tomino... why do I even bother? All that potential, everything squandered... as usual. What a fucking waste. Well, I have better things to do, so a big fat drop from me it is.
Aug 2, 2014 7:15 AM

Mar 2014
Wow the soldiers are really dumb, calling the people barbarians for fighting back after shooting at their village for no reason....what happened at the negotiations made me facepalm

Not sure what Loran is gonna do....can't tell what he's thinking

And I am kinda done with that guy that keeps calling him Laura, seriously stop
Sep 1, 2014 11:13 AM

Aug 2008
The moon race people are clearly at fault here. Why in god's name were they attacking a harmless city if they are still negotiating? Why not just land and just talk? It seems like Lord Guin is welcoming a peaceful way of solving things.
Oct 24, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
Quite an intense episode, looks the Earthnoids will have a chance to fight back with the mobile suits they're unearthing.

VVill said:
The moon race people are clearly at fault here. Why in god's name were they attacking a harmless city if they are still negotiating? Why not just land and just talk? It seems like Lord Guin is welcoming a peaceful way of solving things.
Because the Earthlings attacked first and the "white doll" appeared and shot a beam rifle shot at them too, why is everyone so retarded? I don't mean to be a dick but it's like no one understands what's going on and why things happen when it's been laid out for you.
RX-782Oct 27, 2014 3:20 PM
Jan 23, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2010
I'm not sure if I want to continue to watch this, almost on the verge to drop this. It's funny how the only character this time I like is the MC.
Oct 4, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2014
Yah, I like Loran. He's not a bafoon.
Mar 29, 2017 5:51 AM

Dec 2015
The hero starts off unusually intelligent (for a gundam show), hiding informations to both sides even if his intention is pretty bad: to calm things down until his beloved sovereign descends upon Earth and bless it with her peace-making abilities.
About the Queen Dianna (weird to hear that, I'm too accustomed to Princess Diana), she seems to be a new iteration of the puppet queen Tomino tried to do in Victory. I wonder how long it will be until her arrival.

Looks like I'm the only one finding Guen (why "Guin" by the way?) highly suspect, apparently trying to ease the tensions and disarming the imminent war while secretly making everything he can to make it grow (bad "negociations" over two years, keeping everything a secret from civilians and other powers on Earth, trying to gather relics in order to fuel the war...)
But it doesn't look like we'll learn his true motivation any soon.

The Char wanna-be has a weird sense of fashion. After Chronicle's failure, I 'm expecting that Tomino tried a bit more with him (unless he just gave up?). Waiting to learn more about him.

3.5-/5 Woow, giant Gundam gachapon were hidden under the ground for centuries! Nice, Bandai.

I don't see what terrible things here could make people give this series up so soon. Maybe the poor animation (and drawings at time)?

PS: [this will remain a mystery, even to me]

December 25, 2020
St0rmblade said:

The bug-looking guy finally appears!

Don't insult him like that!

I'm so sorry about that P.S., it must come from one of those times the 3DS browser's memory just reloaded and the copy /paste wasn't enough to store the whole typed draft. Damned you ! I want to know too ! (I hate it when people hide the slightest information from me and now I'm doing it to myself. My holidays are ruined!)

You're certainly accustomed to Tomino-isms. But indeed, people hate this episode for no reason. Wait, actually they hate Gundam series for no reason. In fact, they just simply hate Tomino antics for... being Tomino antics. Simple. (Hope I didn't lose you.)

PS: rereading me and reading you, it seems to me that we're both "ps-ing" too much. Pretty bad writing habit (hope I didn't pass the virus onto you).
Rei_IIIDec 24, 2020 7:19 PM
Dec 9, 2017 4:52 PM
Jul 2014
Poorly written show so far. Hopefully it gets better.
Dec 30, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2016
Wow guys.. what am I missing here? The intense hate everybody has after this episode is a bit too much. Looks like Loran is playing both sides as he simply wants peace and nothing more. I love "The White Doll" mobile suit design as it is well.. something different from what we usually see from a Gundam.. and the giant "v" mustache is a nice touch. And the soundtrack is simply spot on.

RX-782 said:
Because the Earthlings attacked first and the "white doll" appeared and shot a beam rifle shot at them too.

This right here guys.

And the fact that the majority of you watched other Gundam series with characters that were a lot less fleshed out, insanely annoying and poorly written story arches beginning of almost every single Gundam series.. you should all be veterans of this right about now :). No matter, I still like everybody's passion for the Gundam franchise :).
Apr 21, 2020 10:14 AM
Jul 2017
tofei said:
NightRaven said:
Also, loran would have to be one of the least annoying main characters in a gundam series.

currently on ep. 4, hell yeah way better than some...

Compared to Reco G this is a masterpiece.

The bug design theme is still ongoing. One of the moonrace commanders has those red eyes which remind me of Captain Mask.

Really enjoying this so far. Far from flawless, but compared to Victory, G Reco, this series is a nice ending to UC so far. Liking the Dark History aspect of this. Continuity/coherency is nice.
Dec 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
Somehow I just really liked how Loran was piloting a Gundam with his knees touching each other to hold a manual x)

Also...who's flying a plane without a seatbelt despite it being there? Of course that pilot girl's father!

What was the point of giving Po an order to capture the Gundam only to condemn her attack later...

I wonder what were those things analyzing Loran's health (mentioned by the Moonrace general or who's that). It's interesting that apparently they have bo problem with Loran potentially siding with the Earthlings ("choose your own path", etc)

Yoko Kanno's score is consistenty great (as expected). Many "tribal music" vibes.

The bug-looking guy finally appears!

I won't be in peace unless I know what was supposed to be written there x)

P.S. Either I'm just too accustomed to watching Gundams or people hate this episode for no reason
St0rmbladeDec 24, 2020 12:59 PM
Jan 8, 2021 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
How long with he be able to play both sides, I wonder.
Dec 5, 2021 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
whoa, and I thought Turn A Gundam was supposed to be chill. People are already shooting each other lol. The setting is amazing though and the cast is pretty promising. Harry must be the most fashionable Char clone yet.
Oct 10, 2023 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
this serie seem interesting but i think the writing isn' top tier for now, the conflict and the upcoming war seem so forced, i think both parts are at fault and that things could have been handled better.
But i must say I like a lot Loran, a very good protagonist for me.
Neemesis_2Nov 17, 2023 5:29 AM
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Jan 2008
lol at people in the thread dropping this show. It has a more coherent narrative, themes and characterisation than many anime out there. It's not too rushed and it's not a slog, the pacing is just right and the themes are as juicy as ever for the franchise.

Characters are behaving appropriate for their situation, with the invaders displaying arrogance and disdain, and the defenders expressing violent outrage. See literally any real world conflict for examples of this universal human trait to war. The protagonist is thankfully being depicted as smart too, rather than telling his superiors everything, he's trying to walk the thin line between loyalty and trying to bring about peace as soon as possible.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

38 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.