Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 30, 2011 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No OP.

Little girl narrating with little Hyui, then grown up Hyui came later with blood.

The one who use vampire-lizing incident to get Hyui and Dalian attention, were the pair who appeared last time?! When Hyui was young and flying plane!! Dalian and the eyepatch girl lol~ The guy asked Hyui about the little girl and shot Hyui with the gun from the book!!

They desire that the books be spread instead of being closed in a place.

So Dalian allowed Hyui with blood to open her and meet the little girl.

When he failed and forgot about himself, Dalian and the little girl realizing each other as another self to save him. Little Hyui and Hyui...

Hyui was able to be back and read the book.

And third pair is here! The pair last time ran away though.

Dalian is happy that Hyui is safe and back to being tsundere again is lol~

ED (with OP), showing of other characters' life after is nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 30, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2008
I still don't really get who that girl with the lotus flower on her head was :/

Is she Dalian's alter ego or something? O.o
Sep 30, 2011 6:28 PM

May 2011
A nice ending. I couldn't help but lol when dalian spots something in the newspaper and it had to be about a sweet bun! then they caught up in a zombie raid created by that guy and the girl who seems to have a little rivalry with dalian. that girl with the lotus flower on her head seems to be tied to all three of shokas. She seemed like she was trapped in a world all be herself and huey wants to save her from that. I just loved this episode a good ending. Second season maybe? :D
Oct 1, 2011 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
it sure is taking long time for subs to come out
Oct 1, 2011 5:49 PM
Nov 2009
I really thought the Libricide Officer and the Professor were both really interesting. It's a pity that the series did almost nothing with them.

Maybe next season if it ever gets one.
Oct 1, 2011 6:48 PM

Jul 2011
Overall an enjoyable series to watch. Not much of an actual storyline, but nevertheless it doesn't feel repetitive like most episodic ones. 7/10
Oct 1, 2011 7:03 PM

Mar 2009
Pretty good, cant wait for season 2.

7/10
Oct 1, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
While I thought the introductions of the other keykeepers and their biblioprincesses were interesting, I don't really think it works to just throw them all together in one episode and call it a finale. Any real plot this show had was just crammed into 24 minutes.

It was entertaining, but I think it could have been much more.

7/10
Oct 1, 2011 7:09 PM

Sep 2008
Disward should be thankful that Mamiko Noto found a good doctor.

I hated how little interaction Hal had; I'd want a second season if we got to see the guys like fight with swords or something, but this anime feels like one of those that won't get a second season because it won't sell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2011 7:24 PM

May 2010
Wint by too fast in this episode IMO. :/

But overall, it was a nice show I suppose (if only I could stop thinking of Gosick everytime I watch it. lol)
I liked the characters and dark ness. ^^
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 1, 2011 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
nextday said:
I actually liked this show's episodic style. It had an good premise and interesting characters too. It's a shame that it was only 12 episodes.

Not expecting a second season due to sales.

Hopefully that cancelled OVA will be added as a DVD/BD bonus episode.

I was about to say the same thing. It's actually a pretty good show and I really want a second season, but I'm not expecting dvd sales to be great so I'm not expecting a second season.
Oct 1, 2011 7:50 PM

Oct 2010
I just know they better have a season 2. I think this one of the best new anime this year. It was a great change of pace of your regular standard anime now. A character with common sense. :). I do love the world the author created he can really expand on this.
Oct 1, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
the final episode was a bit cramped--but they gave a decent ending.
still, there's hope there will be a season 2.
i just don't like how the episodic system made all of the people having something to do with the Phantom Book are all dead. except for Armand and the girl whose name i forgot.
good thing this series have great art and music.

6.5/10, i'll give it a 7.
Oct 1, 2011 8:02 PM

Jun 2011
One thing that ticked me off about this series: Waaaaay too little Flamberge. ಥ_ಥ
Oct 1, 2011 8:27 PM

Sep 2010
Fucking terrible. Nothing gets explained, nothings gets resolved. They introduce a character for one episode and call it a day. It feels like it's just something to get you reading the light novels.
Oct 1, 2011 8:30 PM

Aug 2010
It was okay, but I thought it some interesting side characters they could have done more with.
Oct 1, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2008
Did not feel like a finale...

Sanguis said:
One thing that ticked me off about this series: Waaaaay too little Flamberge. ಥ_ಥ
110% agreed. Flamberge=amazing.

bt-kun said:
I still don't really get who that girl with the lotus flower on her head was :/

Is she Dalian's alter ego or something? O.o
I am still really confused about her too. I wish the show gave some more story behind that character because she seems pretty interesting.

Overall for this series: 5/10
I enjoyed it, but the series went nowhere and had several loose ends to the story at the end.
Oct 1, 2011 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
As far as I remember and searched for the net, I cannot find any clear explanation for the girl in Dalian's archive. Judging from the flashback when Hugh was reading the book, she made a contract with the Minotaur thing in exchange for her wish and she was imprisoned in the archive, namely Dalian, as the keeper. It seems Dalian originally was only a porcelain doll or something without the girl's soul, since Raziel said to Dalian, "Are you still working? A good-for-nothing doll?". Anyway both the show and the finished light novel offer a lame explanation for it.

Well, I like the scene the professor stroked Raziel' chin; she was like a cat.
Oct 1, 2011 9:31 PM

Dec 2010
Im so confused. lol
Oct 1, 2011 9:46 PM

Apr 2011
Was rather disappointed in the ending, it needed at least another episode I felt. The end felt rushed and jumbled together. The book burner and Flamberge really came out of nowhere at the end to save the day, then disappeared with no more explanation than before.

Was annoyed that Huey managed to almost die and then get magically resurrected without a single word of explanation as to WTF was going on. Who is that girl with the lotus flower growing out her skull? She seems to be Dalian's 'other self', but what that means is anyone's guess. From comments on here I take it the light novels never bothered explaining anything, either.

Ah well, it was a pretty series and entertaining, but it could've been a lot more. 7/10
Oct 1, 2011 9:56 PM
Aug 2008
seems a lot of the main story is being told in the "flashback" scenes, not the "real" scene ....
Oct 1, 2011 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't expect much but it exceeded expectations, at least for me anyway. 6/10, needs a second season though, felt inconclusive. Hell, this "finale" just screams second season, heres hoping for good sales.
Oct 1, 2011 11:03 PM

Sep 2007
That was it? y u do dis, Gainax!? 7/10
Oct 1, 2011 11:05 PM
Aug 2011
There really was no overall plot, but not every story needs one. This show had a lot of potential, not saying it did bad though.
Oct 1, 2011 11:33 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was horrible. All of a sudden, they put everything in a mix, and it felt as though the producers skipped a lot of scenes. ANd who the heck is the girl within Dalian, really?I know she's probably Pandora, but they never talked about her, not even Dalian, yet all of a sudden, it seemed as though everyone in this series knows about her, but never mentioned her up until now.

Oct 1, 2011 11:48 PM

Jan 2009
Did anyone else think "Pandora's Box" during the scene of the library girl holding that opened chest and black stuff (all the evil that spread across the earth) coming out?

It looked like she was in the Acropolis of Athens, she was wearing a Chiton/peplos, and there's the minotaur...

It could also be the Pergamon Acropolis, where the Library of Pergamum was/is, which became one of the most important ancient libraries

(EDIT: Seems darthfanta also thought of Pandora XD)
Oct 1, 2011 11:54 PM
Nov 2010
Despite having so many similarities to Gosick(which aired recently), it was a fine anime, there were some things lacking in the ending, though...
Oct 2, 2011 12:08 AM

Jun 2011
Well i actually liked the final alot disregarding the fact that they didnt really explained anything.

Definitely hoping for a second seasond but doubt it.

And that girl looks totally Pandora to me with her holding the box and all the black stuff coming out and her clothing
ArcanaTraceOct 2, 2011 12:11 AM
Oct 2, 2011 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
Incredibly weird and silly anime altogether.. Wasn't to bad I guess though.. but definitely leaves more to be desired.
Oct 2, 2011 12:58 AM

Feb 2011
LOL so Pandora Hearts!! just like Intention of the Abyss and Alice

Honto ni Baka mitai! need s2 xD

8/10
Oct 2, 2011 1:23 AM
Sep 2011
The visuals in this episode were stunning!

Glad to see the libricide officer and Flamberge again though I wished they had apppeared more often.
Oct 2, 2011 2:17 AM

Apr 2008
Step 1: Hire guy off the street
Step 2: "Hey what would be interesting given these characters"
Step 3: Make an episode about it
Step 4: Don't pay the guy
Step 5: Repeat Step 1 with different person
?????
not enough profit.
Oct 2, 2011 2:21 AM

Sep 2010
I thought this was alright overall.
Oct 2, 2011 3:06 AM
Jul 2018
I believe there was in the end...

It wasn't that bad, although it was confusing and rushed. They should have stretched the number of episodes and worked on the character development and plot. It felt like one of those "let's have a random unrelated episode each week and wrap up the plot in the last episode" series.
Oct 2, 2011 5:55 AM

Jan 2011
GarLogan78 said:
While I thought the introductions of the other keykeepers and their biblioprincesses were interesting, I don't really think it works to just throw them all together in one episode and call it a finale. Any real plot this show had was just crammed into 24 minutes.

It was entertaining, but I think it could have been much more.

7/10

nuffsaid.

Nice story, great potential but... well, as expected from Gainax.
Maybe a second season will help, it's not a bad idea, since it was enjoyable after all.
Oct 2, 2011 7:46 AM

Aug 2009
It had potential, however they left a lot of things unexplained and this ep felt too rushed... Really, at first I though I hadn't watched the previous ep...

Could have been A LOT better and I was expecting more... and like too many people have said, this might not have 2nd season )))):

5/10
Oct 2, 2011 7:47 AM

May 2010
ummmm...it seems like am not satasfied with this kind of end plus the story seemed rushed in this episode.anyways I enjoyed this anime very much.

lets give it a 8/10,shall we?:)
Oct 2, 2011 8:16 AM

Jul 2009
A few anime's have had questionable ending recently...
It's a little annoying and I personally can't see why anybody would buy the DVD of something with little/no; explanation, defining moments and resolution - it really spoils what is otherwise, a great story.
(I'm refering to many anime's, not just this one)

I'm hoping we'll get a series two, yet for some reason, this series hasn't been too popular. :(
I for one will actually miss this, and I'm not impressed easily anymore.
Hopefully, the OVA is still on the cards?

9/10 series.

Oct 2, 2011 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
Now I'm really wondering why the hell they even bothered to introduce Flamberge and that other dude. They completely crushed my hopes of ever showing them again.
Fuck this shi--
HOLY SHIT, SHE APPEARED. FUCK YEAH. <3

6/10. An enjoyable show. It's a bit sad that every episode was episodic. I was hoping for a Jigoku Shoujo style of show, episodic at first, but it ends with an awesome arc. Oh well, too bad.
Oct 2, 2011 11:29 AM
Jun 2011
Somehow this reminded me of Rozen Maiden. They could have and 6-7 episodic stories and then a main arc of 6 eps or so and turned this series into something worthwhile. I'm not holding up hopes for a second season.
Oct 2, 2011 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
Well, that was OK. It seems like this series couldn't decide whether it wants to be episodic or have a central plot. In the end, it got nowhere, and there are still a lot of question unanswered. Also, too much of a rip-off of Gosick. 7/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 2, 2011 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
I think this will get 6/10
There were some signs of plot that made me get my hopes up for nothing. Characters were fine but left shallow. Not to mention with the recent bunch of characters like Dalian(Victorique and Alice) it felt pretty generic.
Can't honestly call this one "good", though I have to admit it had potential.
Oct 2, 2011 2:10 PM

Dec 2009
Oh.. I hated this. I wanted more Flamberge and Raziel ;3;
But i can't help but love the art style, i love the flashbacks at the end with Dalian and the pink-haired girl. <3
6/10 for this.
Oct 2, 2011 2:27 PM
May 2011
...I miss my Flamberge ;_;.
ban1o.jpg
Oct 2, 2011 4:27 PM

May 2010
What on earth happened?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 2, 2011 4:39 PM

Jan 2011
Obviously not a series ending, nor even a good season ending. We can always hope for a second season to tie the many loose plot threads together. Is it possible that the economics of the industry, driving production of 12 or 13 episode series for properties that should be at least 26 episodes long, is responsible for the proliferation of these "disappointments"?

It's this sort of thing that has killed off much of the creativity on American TV (of course that's what is driving more people towards alternatives like anime). By that I mean that if a show is not a sure-fired hit, it gets pulled after only a few episodes and replaced by a clone of a successful show. (and yes, I am still bitter about Firefly.)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 2, 2011 5:17 PM

Feb 2010
The show contained to many under-devolped but amazing characters (FLAM & HAL?!!? c'monnn), a sometimes shallow plot... and when I was supposed give a shit about Huey and the white haired girl, I didn't...

Weak ending.

There was so much potential... 6/10
Oct 2, 2011 7:48 PM

Aug 2010
RyuKirin said:

Favorite character in series,even though Flam only showed up twice in the whole series :3

7/10
Oct 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
I couldn't help but think Huey was badass.
Oct 2, 2011 9:10 PM

Jul 2010
Kawaii7878 said:
RyuKirin said:
Favorite character in series,even though Flam only showed up twice in the whole series :3
Seems like everyone loved Flam. It would've been so much more interesting if they'd cut the non-essential Phantom Book hunts and focused more on the three Biblioprincesses, their keepers, and what their goals were. I loved that episode with Flam and Raziel even though it was so out of place, and I kept hoping they'd come back. To have them in the final episode was nice, but I can't help but feel like they were just thrown into the mix to call it an ending and be done with it. Maybe there was more in the source material, but for the anime it was confusing.

I really liked this show in the beginning. Great characters and music, too. It's too bad there was so much wasted in it. 6/10. I don't like endings that aren't really endings. :/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

64 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

45 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 9, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

59 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Dantalian no Shoka Episode 7 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Aug 26, 2011

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 22, 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.