Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2011 3:49 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And with this episode, the filler arc draws to a close. More or less, anyhow. I was kinda thinking that the only option was for Ichigo to unleash the Final Getsugatensho again, but it's nice that Studio Pierrot kept on surprising me.
Sep 27, 2011 4:48 AM

May 2011
Yes it's finally over. Filler arc draws to a close nice bittersweet ending. That preview was funny Ichigo taking advantage of what power he has left and just doing bankai over and over again haha. The omake wasn't as funny as others ='[ 1 more episode till the start of the new season can't wait =D
Sep 27, 2011 6:20 AM

Jan 2010
oh no doubt about it, though this was a filler, the fight scene was just purely epic. I applaud this episode I havent gotten this excited about a bleach episode since Ichigo kickin Aizen's ass.
Sep 27, 2011 6:28 AM

Mar 2011
It seems they were really saving their budget for this episode. It looked fantastic, I forgot Bleach could look this good. The ending was bittersweet of course, since it's a filler they needed to get rid of Nozumi.

Then again, they're still some bits from past fillers, like the metal Bount and the three mod souls from the Bount arc. I wonder whether they're just going to be forgotten now, they haven't been in it for a couple of years, but everything was going on in Hueco Mundo and above the fake town so they had an excuse not to have them in, but now it's going to be set back in Karakura Town, they've either got to have them return to the screen, give a reason why they won't be on the screen again, or they'll just ignore it, and hope that no-one notices the inconsistency. I don't care much to be honest.

Oh yeh, it was a good episode though.
Sep 27, 2011 7:55 AM

Aug 2009
Explosions.. Explosions everywhere!!
and the final fight was absolutely amazing.

EDIT: BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! ^_^
Game_MasterSep 27, 2011 7:59 AM
Sep 27, 2011 8:03 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
yay filler arc ended. Time to full bringers :P
Sep 27, 2011 8:09 AM

Aug 2010
Lets hope they write in the goodbye Rukia scene next week, I would not be happy if they start the fullbringer arc like nothing happened.
Game_Master said:

EDIT: BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! BANKAI!! ^_^

Best moment since the Rukia rescue.
Sep 27, 2011 8:21 AM

Jan 2009
For a second there I thought Yamamoto said Bankai -_-
Sep 27, 2011 9:08 AM

Apr 2011
LiarK said:

Same here lol.xD Bankai Bankai Bankai part was funny lol. Great episode.;) Now its time for a new arc.:P
Sep 27, 2011 9:18 AM
Aug 2007
Anyone know the name of the track that plays when Nozomi is disappearing?

Dat cello...

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Sad to see Nozomi go. But it's not like I wasn't expecting it since it's fillers :(
Sep 27, 2011 9:20 AM

Feb 2010
cookieninja said:
oh no doubt about it, though this was a filler, the fight scene was just purely epic. I applaud this episode I havent gotten this excited about a bleach episode since Ichigo kickin Aizen's ass.

+1

KeiranShikari said:
Lets hope they write in the goodbye Rukia scene next week, I would not be happy if they start the fullbringer arc like nothing happened.

Yeah, but they don't forget about [manga spoiler]

ps. I love this "pervert scene" with Kon
Sep 27, 2011 9:51 AM

Aug 2011
nice ending to a really good arc, fighting was awesome, and it was really bittersweet to see nozoimi go... :[
oh well, now for the full bring arc!!!
Hope they get through that arc without a filler.... doubt thats gonna happen :/
Sep 27, 2011 11:32 AM
Sep 2007
To be honest, I personally would never have any problem with leaving some filler characters alive.

I mean, it isn't manga, even if it is its adaptation, not to mention there are some other titles where there are anime-only characters who never appear in source material.

If it was me, I would ask manga author to personally make character designs as well as some background such as personalities, and leave it to animators to do the rest and come up with something on their own.

Also, anime-only characters having cameo in manga wouldn't be bad either.
Sep 27, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2011
Though it was a filler this episode was awesome! The battle was actually a battle, the music was perfect and isn't is just my imagination or are the drawings a bit better than in the episodes before?

And yeah, they could keep some of the filler charas, they put that white-haired Boss-Bount (forget his name) in the actual plot when Ichigo tries to achieve Bankai, so why not adding some more?
Sep 27, 2011 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
Soul Society gets hit with Nuke-sized attacks every so often. And then an even larger attack comes along etc.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 27, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2011
I honestly didn't mind this filler arc. And the last fight scene was awesome. The point blank super nuclear hollow Ex Alpha 3rd Strike Arcade Edition Getsuga Tenshou was one of the best Getsugas out there. The POV angles and the overview of the explosion really made it epic. and the last little skirmish was well choreographed and the quality of art made it a really good scene. I reminded me of the fight between Baykuya and His late ancestor during the Zanpaktou arc, which was also well choreographed and had good quality for a filler arc.

Alot of you manga readers knopw what arc is coming, but since I don't know I'm quite excited!

bankai,bankai,bankai,bankai,bankai,bankai...:P

Also I have a question for you Manga readers since this is a filler arc, does that mean Ichigo doesn't keep his Spiritual Pressure? Is it just going to act like it never happened?
Sep 27, 2011 2:14 PM

Feb 2010
DarkSoldier24 said:
Also I have a question for you Manga readers since this is a filler arc, does that mean Ichigo doesn't keep his Spiritual Pressure? Is it just going to act like it never happened?

Sep 27, 2011 2:27 PM

Apr 2010
BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI! :')

Loved the ending, Aizen's best bits xD

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Sep 27, 2011 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI xD Ehh. Fullbring soon. This'll be just like another filler D:
The fight, though rushed, was pretty cool though. Really good animation on the studio's part!

@Otonashiyuki OMG Same here xD
Bleach's outlook is pretty bleak now, but I can't drop it after all the fun I had with it :3
Seeing Gin and Matsumoto again broke my heart :')
fishergirl16Sep 27, 2011 3:35 PM
Sep 27, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
At some point I was like:

Nozomi: Ichigo! Kill us now!
Ichigo: But...
Nozomi: Filler characters are not supposed to exist in the main story!
Sep 27, 2011 3:43 PM

Jun 2010
Awesome arch I might say, the fight was awesome, obviously.

But Nozomi saying "kill us" and her disappearance at the end completely made me roll eyes lol.

I do feel sorry though, such a fine little girl :[
Sep 27, 2011 4:05 PM

Dec 2009
filipe_light said:
Awesome arch I might say, the fight was awesome, obviously.

But Nozomi saying "kill us" and her disappearance at the end completely made me roll eyes lol.

I do feel sorry though, such a fine little girl :[

She MADE the filler arc for me, I can't believe they kept the other filler arc characters, but killed off Nozomi, I mean really?
Sep 27, 2011 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
YESSSSSSS IT'S OVER!! :D I'm so happy <3 This arc was drawn out long enough. I did like the ending though. It was very sweet. (:
Hahaha I'm pretty sure everyone already mentioned this but,
BANKAI! BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI!! xD
I'm so hyped up for what's to come!!
Sep 27, 2011 4:43 PM

Apr 2011
Yeah, it was sad that Nozomi got killed off. The other Mod Souls from the Bount arc got to live and even showed up in the Arrancar arc, why not Kon's girlfriend? I love how they actually had something of a romance going, as much as a half a psychopath's soul can romance a talking stuffed animal.

Animation was fucking AWESOME and over the top. Amazing fight, and one of the best Getsuga Tensho's I've ever seen. I figured he'd be doing another Mugetsu, but they managed to work around that one.

Considering no less than three nuclear-sized explosions occured this episode, I was expecting Soul Society to look a LOT more fucked up than it was in the slow pan-out... I figured the palace in particular would be scorched to a crisp since it's right next to Sogyokyu Hill.

I guess next episode Ichigo'll say 'goodbye' to Rukia, and lose his Shinigami powers once again. Then you anime-only watchers will get to see something ... interesting, to say the least. :)

I had to LOL at Ichigo going BANKAI! BANKAIBANKAIBANKAIBANKAI! Getting it out of his system, LOL. Made up for a more serious Shinigami Cup than usual.
Blind_GuardianSep 27, 2011 4:56 PM
Sep 27, 2011 4:51 PM

May 2009
1. The last fight was epic. Best ep in the Mod Soul Army Arc.
2. Best Getsuga Tenshou EVER!
3. Did they change the art style for the next Arc?
4. Like everyone else. I loved the "Bankai x10" at the end. LOL, it made my day.
Sep 27, 2011 6:21 PM

Mar 2010
The episode was over the top!
Blind_Guardian said:

Animation was fucking AWESOME and over the top. Amazing fight, and one of the best Getsuga Tensho's I've ever seen.

and again...

Scytheboy813 said:
Best Getsuga Tenshou EVER!
Sep 27, 2011 7:22 PM

Mar 2011
Nice episode and decent ending to the arc!

The whole reigai affair was very enjoyable and I thought it was a decent arc!

A one-off humour episode next I guess before getting back to the manga, nice!
Sep 27, 2011 7:46 PM

Dec 2009
PrometheusZero said:
Nice episode and decent ending to the arc!

The whole reigai affair was very enjoyable and I thought it was a decent arc!

A one-off humour episode next I guess before getting back to the manga, nice!

Humor? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, if only you knew! Part of next episode is right out of the manga after all.
Sep 27, 2011 8:06 PM

Jun 2010
I stoped watching bleach since this arc started... Did i miss anything important? where can i find a summery?
Sep 27, 2011 8:21 PM

Dec 2009
SquattingTurtle said:
I stoped watching bleach since this arc started... Did i miss anything important? where can i find a summery?

Go to wikipedia and just read the episode descriptions.
Sep 27, 2011 8:35 PM

May 2010
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FILLERS ARE OVER!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
And they didn't cut the part i was looking forward to most!!!!!!!!!
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!soooooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha Ichigo : BANKAI! BANKAI! BANKAI! BANKAI!!!!" XD
love you >3<
<3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 27, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
The overall arc was one of the better ones, though i hate the main antagonists always being like "i have a plan b for my plan b for my plan b even though i won't need it because i am invincible". And Ichigo did it again, just attacking long enough until it does miraculously work.

Bleach only has two endings for such fights: Either like this, or Ichigo gets a new transformation.

Even with this, there is a big difference in execution though. Ichigo coming back in his final fight against Grimmjow and stopping him lazily with one hand, only to slash him bad was kinda cool, him caring so much for Orihime that her being really worried is enough to power him more up then going to bankai.

And when he went full hollow against Ulquiorra it was quite a surprise, and it was cool because Ulquiorra was also the type who not even in his wildest dreams could imagine that Ichigo could win, so he was really like "wtf". Same with Aizen, even going so far as grabbing him by his face to move him somewhere else, and Ichigo did not even finish the fight, without Urahara Aizen would have won (which is an exception to the "rule" above, but the exception proves the rule).

Ichigo coming back and back and back and back without any real incentive..especially after the regai where gone, the captains could have taken over the fight. He was not even in bankai anymore, so it's not like no one else coud have done it. They also could have just stopped after Nozomi made Kageroza stab himself, but no, Ichigo has to be the done who finishes the main antagonist, woe betide if someone else does it, the universe would collapse!

Really hoped (though i would have been surprised if the had done it) they would give this one to someone else. As it's a filler and not the main arc, it would not even spoil his record, as these things (more or less) never happened!

And Soul Society really has some nice predetermined breaking points. It's always the same stuff that gets damaged when everything explodes. The towers, this one tip of Sōkyoku hill..wonder which squad is responsible for repairing it? Probably Squad 10, Hitsugaya is the only captain that has to do that much paper work, probably bills.
Sep 27, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
Wasn't that bad of an arc, but the main bad guy was way too op. I guess I can start looking forward to watching bleach if it is going back to the main story. :o
Sep 27, 2011 10:55 PM

Jul 2010
Good fight scene i saw that point blank range getsunga tensho and i was like O_O oh holy hell but this is my fave scene

Sep 28, 2011 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
The animation in this episode was top notch. Like movie good if you have seen the Bleach Movies. Like the movie version of the Ulquiorra fight. That kind of epic animation. Like when Ichigo cut Kageroza across the chest with Zangetsu. You could see the skin peeling back as the blade sliced him. PURE EPIC. This was a great way to end one of the good fillers. And the animation in the next episode looks AMAZING!!! Can't wait. 5/5 Fullbring users are next. BANKAI!!!!
Sep 28, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
Well the end of the arc is here. I think most of us are happy.
I presonally enjoyed that episde. Its was very good and that was a beautiful way to finish the arc - explosion, battle, sacrificeq friendship...
Kageroza (I mean the other guy I forgot his name again lol) finally understood why he couldnt defeat Ichigo. Nozomisaid everythink she wanted to and Kon managed to say goodbye to her.
I think at least the ending of the arc was prefect.
Now more interesting parts to come.
I cant wait to see the next episodes.
Sep 28, 2011 2:00 PM

May 2010
Fight scene was amazing ^_^
Sep 28, 2011 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
Ichigo vs Kageroza was freaking awesome!! I love how they animated that so well!

Yay!! Back to the real story!!

Rotfl! "BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI"
SerB3128Sep 28, 2011 4:40 PM
Sep 28, 2011 6:55 PM

Aug 2011
that was AWESOME!

this is the first bleach episode that i will discuss, probably the last too...

ichigo is back baby and his bankai is as strong as ever, same with his hollowfication..

cool moments: his first hollow getsuuga through rukia's ice; the way he held down kageroza like a BOSS (sorry i just had to); the freaking, overkill, was so strong it went behind him before he shot it, getsuuga tenshou right after; ichigo breaking kageroza's sword with his shikai; proper kageroza ragemode, he tried to stab ichigo with his broken sword;

anyways yea
Sep 29, 2011 2:06 AM

Sep 2006
This episode had one of the nicest animations, with the giant energy gate, ichigo's nuke getsuga tensho, and the ice pillars breaking up while the fight perspectives kept changing. It was really movie quality right there, I'm already glad I decided to follow this filler arc all the way though already. =D

The story came to a sadder, but more meaningful end since Nozomi is gone. I would hate to see her being milked for fillers again and again if she kept hanging around.
Sep 29, 2011 6:58 AM

Aug 2011
This ending to the filler was great. Battle was epic as well as the music. Can't wait for next season.

BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Sep 29, 2011 8:41 AM

Jul 2011
This filler arc wasnt that bad, I enjoyed it alot!

This episode was very nice, a good fight and a nice ending, tobad Nozomi dissapeared but saw that coming....

And ofc..... BANKAI BANKAI BANKAI!

Lets see what the next season brings :D
Sep 29, 2011 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
finally an end to this

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Sep 29, 2011 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
hey kon, Bankai

BANKAI, BANKAI, BANKAI, BANKAI, BANKAI, BANKAI!!

classic gags, anyway i thought this entire filler season was better than most other mainline plots, and the fight scene, oh god that was artistic glory, I have never seen such emphasis on the gore!!
Sep 30, 2011 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
Good ending to a decent filler arc (although I didn't enjoy it as much as some people seemd to). I definitely prefer this type of filler to the crap Naruto Shippuuden is putting out at the moment.
Sep 30, 2011 7:44 PM

Jul 2010
LiarK said:

same here, i had to double check just to make sure, that part really was WTF for me, lol
Game_Master said:
Explosions.. Explosions everywhere!!
and the final fight was absolutely amazing.

best part of the episode!!

Oct 1, 2011 6:48 AM

Aug 2009
Arc was damn boring, but bad guy's final fight was just awesome and so was art, didn't expect them to put some effort in ending it.
Oct 1, 2011 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
The worst manga arc is about to begin. But the newcoming arc after
is awesome. :)
Oct 2, 2011 4:39 AM
Sep 2011
Game_Master said:

XD. I loved that part.
Oct 2, 2011 4:41 AM

Aug 2011
Znote said:
The worst manga arc is about to begin. But the newcoming arc after
is awesome. :)

I doubt it. They should fill Bleach a little more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
5 hours ago

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.