Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2011 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, what started off serious ended on a light note. I agree with Gekkou when he said "This is a stupid turn of events." Although, Haruka expresses her true feelings for Taito again.
Sep 16, 2011 12:43 PM

Jul 2010
This is just weird this anime should have 24 eposide so it can go though more story feel like they rushing thing but it think it will go one more season ;P
Sep 16, 2011 1:31 PM

May 2011
Funny ending. this ep felt like a finale instead of any other ep maybe it's cause it omitted the op and ed. but anyways taito's familiar finally gets used.
Sep 16, 2011 2:04 PM

Aug 2009
Thank God there's only one more episode of this insanity. That said though, there's still a bunch of random unresolved plot points, some of which were even introduced this episode.
Ha-cha!
Sep 16, 2011 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, Zexcs. You're doing it again.
Must they end everything the moment it's about to turn really awesome?

On another note, I enjoyed this episode. Lots.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 16, 2011 3:25 PM

Sep 2008
Man, I wish that I had somebody that revived so I could kill him for fun.
The ending of these events was so bleh though; Taito should have ended up with Haruka for reals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2011 3:57 PM

Jan 2010
Srsly thhis episodoe was LLLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE. Taito was weak as hell and honestly most was just talk so boring x.x W/e atleast next week is the final episode hope it has some redeeming features.
Sep 16, 2011 4:26 PM

May 2011
What the hell was this? Taito was beyond fucking useless. Pretty dumb anime so far.
Sep 16, 2011 5:51 PM
Jun 2011
I guess this means we won't get to see the Black Rabbit, huh?

...Meh, whatever. Only one episode left and then this nonsense will be over.
Sep 16, 2011 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
What with all these hated?
I can't see how this anime will end with just one more episode, I guess it will be some kind of random episode on the next episode, if it even will be a 2nd season then it would be good.
I don't know how many copies this anime will be selled, but still I know it will get selled.

When they killed Haruka other personality she seem to be more straight forward honest person, she confessed to him again front of Himea.
Taito was so damn useless feel like watching Rosario + Vampire but Rosario + Vampire is so much better thought.

xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 16, 2011 6:43 PM
Jun 2011
Blackbird said:
I can't see how this anime will end with just one more episode, I guess it will be some kind of random episode on the next episode, if it even will be a 2nd season then it would be good.
I don't know how many copies this anime will be selled, but still I know it will get selled.

It's not about whether the anime itself is in a good position to end, it's whether or not it sells well enough to have those in charge believe that a second season will be profitable.

Plenty of Zexcs' recent anime could've had a second season: Omamori Himari, The Legend of the Legendary Heroes (especially this one), Chrome Shelled Regios, etc. In all likelihood, we'll never see a continuation for these series because they just didn't turn out the profits.

More to the point, it'll likely be the same for Itsu-Ten.
Sep 16, 2011 6:58 PM

Jan 2011
This series just jumps all over with the plot. I'm guessing the next episode will be a big fanservice one.
Sep 16, 2011 8:35 PM

May 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
This series just jumps all over with the plot. I'm guessing the next episode will be a big fanservice one.

Great more loli fan-service -_-
Sep 16, 2011 8:49 PM

Nov 2010
Explicitz said:
ReaperCreeper said:

don't you mean "Great more loli fan-service! :D"?

anyway, yeah, this ep is a brutal reminder that he is one of the most useless main characters ever
Sep 16, 2011 9:20 PM

Aug 2010
I can't wait for the last episode so I can be done with this mediocre show. The main character is pathetic, and he dies way too easily. And the love triangle is like a parody of Shakugan No Shana, except they're all too straightforward point blank, leaving no suspense of who's the better woman.

I know this is crossing universes, but Kamijou Touma could do a hell of a lot better job of kicking everyone's ass since they all mostly rely on magic. Just saying.
Sep 16, 2011 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
What just happened?
Sep 16, 2011 10:41 PM
Feb 2009
wayy too rushed
Sep 16, 2011 11:09 PM

Jul 2011
Bleh in the end Taito still ended up being a weakling...so disappointing
Sep 17, 2011 12:12 AM

Aug 2009
GigaSPX said:
I know this is crossing universes, but Kamijou Touma could do a hell of a lot better job of kicking everyone's ass since they all mostly rely on magic. Just saying.

What I'd give to see Touma sucker punch Himea...
Ha-cha!
Sep 17, 2011 4:27 AM

Aug 2009
This anime is about the main protagonist getting his ass beat down constantly and the female getting kidnap repeatedly. I don't even know why I bother trying to finish this.
Sep 17, 2011 5:58 AM

May 2010
Why taito gets beaten up so easily even when he is like the strongest character in the whole world...?

Nice episode either way 7/10
Sep 17, 2011 8:38 AM

Jun 2011
One episode left...I must bear with it! I've come this far, I might as well finish it!
Anywho, this anime sucks. I abhor every character in this show and there are so many empty plot holes. And this love triangle deal is stupid.
Sep 17, 2011 8:57 AM
Feb 2011
Blackbird said:

When they killed Haruka other personality she seem to be more straight forward honest person, she confessed to him again front of Himea.
Taito was so damn useless feel like watching Rosario + Vampire but Rosario + Vampire is so much better thought.

xD

I'll tell you how: --> It's Zexcs. No season 2 please. Before a season 2, this needs a remake, as it's quite impossible to continue the plot properly with all these crap.
Sep 17, 2011 1:13 PM
Jan 2011
Baka Taito, he should have been with Haruka than with Himea.
Sep 17, 2011 2:33 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, I don't even know... but one episode away.. i must end this

So Haruka's other personality got seal/deleted... brother where doing another seal and since they didn't mention what was for I assume it was to seal Himea.

Saito can take a beating but when it come to tell Haruka that he don't like her that way he fails on epic proportions.

They never elaborate on who the brothers where working for all this and what they got from all this. If it was the church, then why all the secrecy with Haruka's alter ego.

larethian said:

I'll tell you how: --> It's Zexcs. No season 2 please. Before a season 2, this needs a remake, as it's quite impossible to continue the plot properly with all these crap.

There is a plot?
huh?
Sep 17, 2011 3:18 PM

Jun 2011
...I admired the beginning, mainly because the only character I really like in this show is Gekkou because of his sadistic and sarcastic attitude (0_0 As well as him being voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura, which makes me think about Ikuto), and I like Mirai a bit as well (And Izumi to a certain degree). I like Mirai and Gekkou together for some reason.

But going further in... -_- Taito pisses me OFF now, because he's so weak! You get six more lives and you lose them EXTREMELY quick!

But when Gekkou showed up, I got happy again.

But still, it was overall an okay episode. Can't wait to see how it ends.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 17, 2011 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
Taito's main ability is that he is a human punching bag that will come back from the dead a set number of times in a certain period. That doesn't make him invincible, and considering the nature of the beings he fights against, it pretty well ensures that he's going to suffer big time in any conflict. You have to admire his spunk though, as he is willing to push himself to the limit and beyond for Himea. As for Himea she was willing to be resealed in this episode to save Taito from harm (and you'll note she hasn't taken the easy way out of the love triangle by simply killing Haruka). I can see the kernel of a really interesting story buried deep in this anime, but I'll admit the execution and shortcuts by the studio leave much to be desired. If we don't get a second season, I want someone else to do a remake (I'd be interested in what Shaft would do with this in particular).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 17, 2011 10:38 PM
Feb 2011
choyos said:
Honestly, I don't even know... but one episode away.. i must end this

So Haruka's other personality got seal/deleted... brother where doing another seal and since they didn't mention what was for I assume it was to seal Himea.

Saito can take a beating but when it come to tell Haruka that he don't like her that way he fails on epic proportions.

They never elaborate on who the brothers where working for all this and what they got from all this. If it was the church, then why all the secrecy with Haruka's alter ego.

larethian said:

There is a plot?

yes, an epic one, it's by Kagami Takaya, Denyuuden's author, you know.

the first 2 episodes followed 80% of the actual story. the rest of the show took 20% of the source material and rehash/patch them into a show for idiots. but the real story actually starts in volume 5 and 6. everything before is foreshadowing/preparation/prologue. still, with the way they stitched things up, a season 2, if any, will become an original story, quite possibly.

EDIT:
for the actual story compared to the anime:

just saying.
larethianSep 18, 2011 12:17 AM
Sep 17, 2011 11:56 PM

Jun 2011
Awww the end where Himea kept questioning Taito is so cute :D

<3 Himea
Sep 18, 2011 2:30 AM
Mar 2010
Well, you've got to think about it... he's not immortal.. he has no super strength.... or heightened ability's he's like a human with 9 lives.. like a cat.

He's fighting super-natural beings.... and you expect him to just.... all of a sudden become so dramatically over powered immediately..?

It's about him becoming stronger to protect Himea & hasn't even really begun.. thus far the only real battle ability that he has is that flame technique which kills him upon use..

But, I do believe that there will be something soon, if you looked at Taito's eyes when he flew backwards after that last punch, his eye's turned dark red to reveal something inside of him other than the familiar. He's got something more than immortality going for him I bet.. it just hasn't risen to the surface.

The show it's self is alright, It could do without the love triangle because I mean.....Taito already say's he loves Himea.... but the main character is going to be a sissy because he's indecisive. I hate that in a main character but I grow attached when they over-come it and just fucking say what they mean.... bunch of school girls... alright. that's all I've got to say... pretty good anime!
Sep 18, 2011 2:54 AM
Nov 2010
Elite60 said:
I agree with Gekkou when he said "This is a stupid turn of events."

And I also had a feeling it was the end of the anime with this episode...
Only one more episode, luckily...
Sep 18, 2011 3:26 AM

Sep 2010
What the hell was with that confession?
And how the hell is this going to end nicely? >> One episode left and it still doesn't feel anywhere near finished.
Sep 18, 2011 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, there's way too much unresolved. Gekkou has his rivalries with the creepy military teacher and his brother to resolve, for one thing. I'm pretty sure Taito will somehow wriggle out the final episode still having refused to tell Haruka that he's taken. He doesn't even seem to mind being taken, so why doesn't he just tell her? It's not like Himea doesn't cling to him constantly anyway, so you'd think Haruka would get the hint.

I do still think Taito belongs with Haruka ... and Himea should come with me and be one of my waifus :P

Speaking of, Himea looked pretty badass when she was about to Fireball the brothers out of existence ... I felt sorry for them when they were telling each other to run, and was kinda glad Taito stepped in to save them (though after the beating they gave him, and kidnapping both his girlfriends, I'd probably have let them both fry, brotherly sentiment or not).

I've enjoyed the series largely for the fanservice and the pretty artwork, but I'd like some sort of resolution on the final episode ...
Sep 18, 2011 8:25 AM
May 2009
Another anime that should have a 2nd season but probably won't get one because of Zexecs
Sep 18, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2008
This is quite fucked up. Whether or not it has the plot, it was still fucked up. Everything goes nonsense. Taito being weak is acceptable but actually he also talks shit. That's annoying. If the dark hair brother wasn't VERY NICE to him, he was as good as a dead meat.

Only plot in this episode is that the super nice villains are super nice, and they actually wait for their captive to recover and counter them. Meanwhile, the main hero was doing shit and talking shit.

BTW, I conclude that Izumi is the greatest character in all this, even though she can do nothing. Up next is Cross-sensei who kicks asses. And these two brothers who were very nice, I'm so glad they ended up in the school.

The next episode will be either light-heart or fanservice, so it ends here. I'll finish it, but it won't go any further than 6/10.
Finally, the next season? I would actually like to have it, but no. Just like people said earlier, Zexcs won't do it.
KaitoDashSep 18, 2011 9:22 AM
Sep 18, 2011 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
Eh best parts of the episode for me were Nyankichi :3, Entollio brothers in the school,
Hinata owning Cross which was also pretty one sided ._. and the addition of the OP at Himea's release also owned
I actually liked this episode but this being the final episode sucks big time =_=
I wonder if Zexcs like to troll with these random season 1s and no season 2 at all -__- like seriously Denyuden was amazing and the possibility of a second season was deathly obvious but there's still no announcement at all and I doubt there'll be any in the future =__=
Sep 18, 2011 1:36 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
Oh, Zexcs. You're doing it again.
Must they end everything the moment it's about to turn really awesome?

Pretty much this. ZEXCS should seriously consider more about what the hell are they doing? Killing franchises like that :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 18, 2011 11:56 PM

Sep 2010
That was nonsense, but more loli fan service is always welcome.
Sep 19, 2011 12:15 PM

May 2008
I really like those brothers...they look so cool...~

Also LOL @Gekkou for randomly killing Taito near the end for being annoying. LOLOL. Ah fuck, I love you Gekkou.

Annnd Himea is even more fucking annoying as usual. God I really can't stand her. She's a friggen clingy cry baby e____e Ugh...

Sep 20, 2011 2:08 PM

May 2011
I found this episode to be pretty epic, loved it. The scene between Taito not giving up and willing to die for Himea was very touching. Even though all he did was get beat up, he showed great determination. Respect! Wow when Himea gets serious, she really means business. Her face when she was about to blow that shit up was just epic.

Gekkou was cool this episode too :d. And godamnit Haruka confessed again right next to Himea this time. >.> Looks like she's way more straightforward now. Then I still feel indecisiveness in Taito's voice... he needs to get slapped by that guy more.
Sep 20, 2011 5:36 PM

Apr 2008
Why do i watch this crap.

Fan Service?

The inexistant plot somehow killed itself somewhere in this episode.
Which shouldn't be possible because its inexistant.
PLOTCEPTION
Sep 21, 2011 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
Himea looked pretty evil when she was about to trow that giant fireball...
Sep 21, 2011 2:17 PM
Aug 2011
only becuz of cute or interesting characters i continue to watch this. the story is horrible always about saitohimea being kidnapped, taito goes to rescue her and get his ass kicked (or killed several times), too repetitive. also, they were really vague about how magic in that universe worked, and made the supernatural part of the anime very unexciting.
Sep 22, 2011 1:49 PM

Aug 2008
When a facepalm just isn't enough..

Sep 24, 2011 5:47 PM

Mar 2011
Was there even a long term plot? Oh well. Mirai's personality is so cute.
Sep 28, 2011 6:18 AM
Nov 2010
Explicitz said:
ReaperCreeper said:

Yay, more loli fan-service :D
Sep 28, 2011 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Those brothers were so cool! Why did they only have to show up now, and for only 1 episode?! The show would have improved just a tad bit if they would of been main characters. But really, nothing can save this anime now, NOTHING. Thank god Gekkou and Mirai are main characters, because they're the only reason I kept watching this.

Himea is the biggest cry baby selfish bitch I've ever seen!!!! I don't understand how people can like her at all. Her only redeeming quality is she's adorable as hell but honestly with that personality, it doesn't help. Sucks because I'm sure the creators took forever to perfect her on the outside, yet forgot about the inside completely.

Moving on.. I'm rating this a 6/10, which is rare for me to rate below 7 as I'm not really picky with animes. On a positive note, I loved the fight scenes and whenever Gekkou was being harsh to Mirai and Taito. (Him killing Taito at the end was the best part)
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Sep 29, 2011 7:32 AM
Jun 2011
SoraRorona said:
Those brothers were so cool! Why did they only have to show up now, and for only 1 episode?! The show would have improved just a tad bit if they would of been main characters. But really, nothing can save this anime now, NOTHING. Thank god Gekkou and Mirai are main characters, because they're the only reason I kept watching this.

Himea is the biggest cry baby selfish bitch I've ever seen!!!! I don't understand how people can like her at all. Her only redeeming quality is she's adorable as hell but honestly with that personality, it doesn't help. Sucks because I'm sure the creators took forever to perfect her on the outside, yet forgot about the inside completely.

Moving on.. I'm rating this a 6/10, which is rare for me to rate below 7 as I'm not really picky with animes. On a positive note, I loved the fight scenes and whenever Gekkou was being harsh to Mirai and Taito. (Him killing Taito at the end was the best part)

@bold: Sounds like you're coming purely from the perspective of one who's watched the anime. To be fair however, the anime didn't do much justice to either Taito or Himea with respect to their individual characterizations. As things stand now, you'd have to read the original light novel in order to grasp a comprehensive understanding for why she is the way she is.

It's difficult to describe without giving way to spoilers, but needless to say she's had quite a difficult life; more so than any one person could ever hope to understand. On a personal note, I believe she could've turned out a hell of a lot worse than she did.

At any rate, I have to agree with you in that nothing could've saved the anime as it is right now. Either the entire thing needs to be remade from scratch, with a different producer I might add, or the anime needs to be silenced, permanently, after the OVA comes out.
Sep 29, 2011 2:38 PM

Jul 2008
ShinnKamiyra said:
@bold: Sounds like you're coming purely from the perspective of one who's watched the anime. To be fair however, the anime didn't do much justice to either Taito or Himea with respect to their individual characterizations. As things stand now, you'd have to read the original light novel in order to grasp a comprehensive understanding for why she is the way she is.

It's difficult to describe without giving way to spoilers, but needless to say she's had quite a difficult life; more so than any one person could ever hope to understand. On a personal note, I believe she could've turned out a hell of a lot worse than she did.

Yes I've only watched the anime, so from that perspective, I'm not changing my opinion of Himea. And I actually didn't mind Taito at all. Besides, there's a gazillion anime characters with tragic pasts that turn out fine. But Himea, she doesn't care about anything other then Taito.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Sep 29, 2011 5:40 PM
Jun 2011
SoraRorona said:
Yes I've only watched the anime, so from that perspective, I'm not changing my opinion of Himea. And I actually didn't mind Taito at all. Besides, there's a gazillion anime characters with tragic pasts that turn out fine. But Himea, she doesn't care about anything other then Taito.

With respect solely to the anime, I'd have to agree with you, though I disagree to a point that Himea cares only for Taito. In a sense, she cares just as much, if not more so, about herself.

One could argue that the reason she's so particular about having Taito by her side as much as she can is the near obsessive need to feel the satisfaction that comes with it. Of course this is a result of the unimaginably lonely and painful lifestyle she led up until having met him, so you can't really blame her.

I honestly believe Himea is in love with Taito, and the strength of that love, at least at this point, being reflected in the desperate need to fill the hole in her heart. If nothing else, she was willing to sacrifice her very existence to see that Taito led a happy life at one point. On that alone, she's pretty awesome.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Oosran - Jul 8, 2011

124 by godzalo »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:34 PM

» How many of the A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives light novels were adapted into anime?

Comet - Aug 17, 2015

2 by el_morris »»
Apr 24, 2022 9:28 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Sep 23, 2011

95 by Zekkenshin »»
Apr 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 10 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 9, 2011

29 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 11:32 AM

Poll: » Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 9 Discussion

Elite60 - Sep 2, 2011

41 by Ashhk »»
Apr 16, 2021 9:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.