Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 5, 2011 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Demon King Natsu was awesome. Kind of funny to see Gajeel rampaging even if only in play considering he more or less did the same thing to Fairy Tail.

The goodbye to Mystogan was surprisingly touching considering he's a character that had virtually no development or investment. And has stupid looking pants. First they lose Laxus, now Mystogan. At this rate Natsu will be the number one in FT just because everyone is leaving.

All in all I really loved this arc, early on a lot of people said it was one of the worst but I would ague the opposite.
Sep 25, 2011 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
I loved the ending, omg Natsu is my hero for playing the demon lord and making Jellal/Mystogan take the throne <33

But that means that the evil/mean Jellal/Mystogan is still in Earthland? :S
Oct 19, 2011 9:53 AM

Apr 2011
It's comforting to know that even though Earthland Jellal is pretty much gone, Edolas Jellal is going to have a happy ending.

Also
This arc was awesome !!!!
Nov 21, 2011 11:10 AM
Dec 2010
Goodbye mystogan, you were one of my favorite characters and i'm going to miss you. i wonder if lily is really going to become gajeel's cat. but anyways i loved this episode and natsu's fairy tail ceremony.
Dec 1, 2011 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Wow that was a long arc... And it leaves a Q in the end... if Mystogan wasn't from earth, then who is the evil jellal? Is he really his twin brother?
Dec 14, 2011 8:00 PM

Jul 2010
YES this ARC is over ! it's not i disliked this arc it was just too dragged out
ohhhh bye Mystogan T^T i wished he stayed but it was a good end i suppose. loved his smiled at Lily:)
I also loved the fighting between Natsu &Mystoga ---- the three condition always gets me

Now i gotta get through the next arc which i think is Lisanna's ARC? urg i don't like her much but I'll survive:/
Jan 10, 2012 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
I always get a bit a teary-eyed when someone leaves the guild. Lasus was no easier. Overall, a pretty entertaining arc. I would say this is one of the better ones so far. Plus double Erza was WIN. Almost too much to bear.

Mar 30, 2012 12:39 AM

Jul 2011
I'm gonna miss Mystogan so badly... I wish he could come back TT^TT
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Apr 3, 2012 9:03 AM

Nov 2007
ugh why'd they have to bring the annoying cats with them? Mystogan was pretty cool, but he got left behind.

so still wondering whatever happened to Gildarts since he was the strongest. Lisanna might be staying, which has been hinted at for a while. hasn't been explained yet.

glad this arc is over though, less cats for now on PLEASE.
Feb 10, 2013 3:51 AM

Jun 2009
Im going to miss must mystogan I want to see more from him, hope he comes back in the future. He was such a good character that keep suspence of what or who he was, or even how strong he was. Fairy tail isn't looking that strong with both mystogan and laxus gone.
May 30, 2013 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
Noooo no more Mystogan!? :(

Oh well, this was definitely my favorite arc so far overall. Almost every episode was absolutely amazing in my opinion!
Jul 17, 2013 12:30 PM

May 2012
Great ending for this arc! And it sure was a good ending, so lets see what's next!
Sep 22, 2013 10:49 PM

Apr 2008
What a great ending. This is my favorite arc so far but I do wish we could have seen more of the Earth Guild fight.
Oct 10, 2013 3:12 PM
Oct 2013
Maybe a little bit late, but what was that one scene, when natsu said goodbye to the other natus?
Natsu said give ur best and edolas lucy asked what they both mean.
Anything special?
Feb 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing.The ending was highly enjoyable.
Natsu,Gajeel & Wendy acted like true heroes,still Natsu was very funny by trying to be a bad guy xD
I only feel bad for Mystogan,he left Fairy Tail,i hope we can see him in the future episodes.
Lisanna in the next episode.WOW She must be alive...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 12, 2014 3:17 PM

Oct 2013
Great arc,the next episode must be very interesting with Lissana.

Mar 6, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
Too bad Mystogan stayed in Edolas. I digged his magic and staves on his back :P I wanted to see him in action.
Apr 15, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2011
DonKangolJones said:
I always get a bit a teary-eyed when someone leaves the guild. Lasus was no easier.

This! I almost cried during the Natsu vs Mystogan fist fight, and the farewell too. ); I cried harder when Laxus left.

Natsu pretending to be the demon lord was so cheesy I cringed.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 22, 2014 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
Nice ending. That was probably my favorite arc so far.

I'm a bit disappointed the Edolas Fairy Tail didn't do much though.
BanjaJun 22, 2014 8:54 PM
Jun 24, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly its good that Mystogan/Jellal/Gerald/Jeral/Edolas Jellal/Siegrain/Zeke is finally freaking gone. There have been too many iterations of him, to the point of being frustrating. This is especially annoying since initially Mystogun seemed really badass and mysterious, and something refreshing in Fairy Tail, but then turned out to be another variant of the most overused and immortal villain/character in the show.

I borderline dislike the Exceed. I really dislike the propaganda and no accountability that they take for their actions. None of their excuses and conveniently added justifications for their actions, from a lowly citizen to the queen, excuse them. Bringing them back to Earthland and potentially having some role in the shows future is borderline criminal. Exterminating them all as a solution to get rid of them would be just as logical as openly accepting them regardless of their past actions.

On a related note, I'm exasperated (but not surprised) that the fairy tail crew completely forgives even treacherous actions. Charles was responsible for getting the crew captured. No matter the circumstances It should be reprimanded and there should be a loss of trust and recognition of It. This is compounded by It's snobby and annoying as hell attitude the past 50 episodes. The paper thin defenses the past few episodes and next episode don't make things any better. It is the most disliked character in the show, I'm basing this off of numerous criteria including having significantly less favorites relative to the other MC, and even below most side characters. Making matters worse is that It is completely useless, bitches and bemoans others constantly, and actively harms the group when they (foolish) heed its advise.

Relatively mediocre arc 6.5/10
Show so far 8.7/10
SlickDJun 26, 2014 9:00 AM
Jun 26, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
Goodbye Edolas, but now....BRING ON THEM FEELS!
Jul 7, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
Mystogan was my fave character (besides Natsu), he should've gotten more development or at least one epic fight for us to see. I've always wanted to know more about his powers, I'm a little disappointed we haven't even seen him fight while he was still in the guild. Well apart from that Laxus part-fight, but that showed only a glimpse of his powers.
Even in the Edolas arc, he barely got any screen time... :( I can't believe this is it for him?

Otherwise this episode was epic at the end. Natsu, as always, the real MVP, pretending to be the villain and then saying farewell with the three rules for leaving Fairy Tail, it was so beautiful I cried.<3
Ah, farewell, Mystogan. :(
Sep 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Mar 2010
Not a bad plan but yeah it would take some serious convincing.
RascoSep 7, 2014 11:38 AM

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2015 8:08 AM
Dec 2014
Noooo Mystogan! That means we're not going to be seeing him again any time soon and he's basically left Fairy Tail now *cries*. That guy was really growing on me. That arc is finally over. Lisanna's back? Not really sure how I feel about that.
Apr 15, 2015 9:10 PM

Nov 2014
Damn, I got really emotional this episode. Loved this arc a lot. Can't wait for the next one!

Bye Mystogan, and Edolas Fairy Tail. :(

I loved the Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy acting scary part, that was hilarious. xD
May 26, 2015 11:46 PM

Apr 2013
Did anyone else think "Rapture" when watching this episode?
Aug 11, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
feels. ;-;

ffs the arc ended rather predictably but I can't believe they're kicking Mystogan out for good. His mysteriousness until this arc made him easily one of if not the coolest character in the series. I'm not really disappointed in his characterization, but I certainly would've liked for him to get more screentime and a good fight or two. He was supposedly one of the strongest members of Fairy Tail, but aside from his battle with Laxus (which was ended abruptly IIRC), he didn't get a real action scene in the entire series and his power still remains relatively unknown. That is disappointing.

As far as this arc is concerned, I'm most certainly disappointed with it. It started strong and its premise was great, but it jumped the shark early and failed to capitalize on almost any of the hype it built. The villains were probably the lamest of any arc yet, the battles were universally disappointing (Erza vs Erza is probably the best and for the wrong reasons), and most the secondary characters weren't especially interesting either; worst of all, THEY TOOK AWAY MYSTOGAN. It had its moments, but this is easily the worst arc yet, and the Oracion Seis arc was already the worst prior to that. Seriously hoping Fairy Tail picks up with the next major arc (filler forgiven).

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 5, 2016 5:37 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
And Mystogan leaves the guild and returns to Edolas. Back when Mystogan was a big deal, very few saw him because they all fell asleep and now he's a common Jellal.

Wendy not able to scare the kid lol
I kind of wanted to see more Scarlet x Nightwalker.

Aug 19, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
Amazing episode, Love the "villan Natsu" really funny, and Mystogan/jellal became a Hero :3 aww lead the new world to greatness! Great Act, one of the best!

My bets now is lisanna happened to join the earth world as well?!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 9, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
This arc was kinda long, now they are all back to earth.
Oct 10, 2016 12:15 AM

Oct 2014
So basically edolas is like our world now, no magic, no talking cats and no floating isles.

We live in edolas.

*Mind Blown*

https://media.giphy.com/media/EldfH1VJdbrwY/giphy.gif
danwarriorOct 15, 2016 3:03 PM
Oct 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Sep 2012
This arc was amazing. So far the best I have seen so far. It had me tearing and it also had me in joy. This is definitely something I will remember.
Nov 30, 2017 9:57 AM

May 2016
Good bye Mytogan I will miss you ;-;
Feb 6, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2014
so Mystogun now stuck in his homeland forever?
Feb 6, 2018 9:15 PM
Jul 2017
Fuck I cried. Why is everyone leaving 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 this episode is so good
Feb 19, 2018 7:11 AM
Dec 2017
they fight like hell Natsu And Jellal
Aug 17, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2018
The arc is over. Rip both Gray's they got barely any screen time
Nov 13, 2021 6:43 PM

Mar 2019
Awww I liked Natsu and the others' plan! It made me laugh that it took Mystogan a while to realize what was going on. I'm curious what they're going to do with an entire kingdom of cats on Earthland now. I guess they're just have to set up a new kingdom somewhere on Earthland? I would love to see a random civilian's reaction to stumbling upon a bunch of cats out of the blue.
Jan 26, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Absolute beautiful arc and my favourite one so far.
And what a way to end aswell, little hamfisted with the explaining of a villain and hero but that really is the way to unify Edolas again.

Glad we got to know a lot more about some of the secrets regarding the exceeds and why Mystogan looked so much like Jellal etc.
May 15, 2022 7:43 AM

May 2020
The way they ended this arc, with Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel's street performance had me rolling a bit, but hey there wasn't any other choice so yeah. And with this seems like Mystogan's journey is over or maybe not. Though thankfully him being the Edolas Jellal came out to be true.

Now the usual from next time i guess.
Feb 17, 2023 2:03 AM
May 2020
Mystogan's send off !!
Feb 17, 2023 2:05 AM
May 2020
RyuKirin said:
I have to admit I did start tearing up when Natsu gave Mystogan the farewell speech, it reminds me of episode 41. When Erza said it to Sho and the gang ;_;
And when Makarov sent off Laxus, always make me tear up...
Jul 24, 2023 1:09 AM
Dec 2018
This is probably the best written arc so far. This arc had very few ass pulls compared to the previous ones. The things that seemed like they could be ass pulls always had at least some level of explainability. Like Erza and Grey coming to save Happy and Lucy. Almost all the plot were interconnected and had a traceable series of events unlike some other arcs. If the anime keeps this consistency it moght go from 5.5/10 to 7/10.
Nov 20, 2023 5:35 PM
Dec 2021
Wendy play acting at evil was just perfect
Nov 27, 2023 6:52 AM

Jan 2021
Well that was a plot twist.
Dec 8, 2023 2:32 AM

Jan 2021
And now its pretty much the end of the edolas arc. This has been the best Fairy tail arc so far. Fairly emotional but with memorable moments. Nothing felt too dragged out like some of the previous arcs and every character, villains, world introduced in this arc were lovable and brilliant. Absolutely loved this arc and will love to see more of edolas (hopefully) in the future.
I forgot about Lisana's suspicious acts and from the preview, guess we are going to know more about her next.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Dec 16, 2023 3:37 AM
May 2017
I think it could have been done better like Code Geass.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FireBallsDJ - Mar 29, 2013

393 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 12, 6:28 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Oct 11, 2010

104 by AngelMilky_15 »»
May 9, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Sep 27, 2010

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shadowsword - Sep 20, 2010

89 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Sep 13, 2010

107 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.