Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 2:32 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well that was a confusing and info-filled episode. but now some action is finally gonna happen

Sep 27, 2011 7:31 PM

Mar 2009
Togashi is so detailed! Wow.
Nov 9, 2011 5:52 AM

Jul 2009
All the talk near the end was a little confusing but it was cool when they found all the pieces admitting a Nen aura.
May 28, 2012 4:54 AM

Sep 2008
I love the parts in this series where Gon actually gets lucky... Ahem. Anyway - I agree that there was a looot of talking in this episode, though that wasn't necessarily bad. Still enjoyed it all.
Mar 8, 2013 4:10 PM

Jan 2012
Well this sure came out of nowhere. Well, it was entertaining, I'll give them that.

Apr 25, 2013 2:24 AM

Jun 2012
Auction-based episode. Was very in depth, which was nice.

Zeppile is pretty cool, I like him. :)
Aug 7, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2013
Something about this episode really appealed to me. I liked it a lot!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 22, 2016 3:34 AM

Feb 2016
This is the one thing that makes Gon a standout in the shounen world of MCs, though I dare say even Gon could not avoid being bitten by the shounen curse of being a relatively uninteresting character, mc or not in a shounen series.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jun 5, 2017 6:50 PM

May 2012
This sure was a fun episode, a bit of a different atmosphere than the previous episodes. Quite liked this more relaxed atmosphere! Let's see what's next.
Nov 26, 2017 6:57 PM

Mar 2016
It's nice to focus on the cheerful life of Gon, Killua, and Leorio in their quest to earn enough money to buy Greed Island.

Did anyone else spot Killua's fat brother in front of the restaurant?
Mar 22, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2017
Rosny said:
This is the one thing that makes Gon a standout in the shounen world of MCs, though I dare say even Gon could not avoid being bitten by the shounen curse of being a relatively uninteresting character, mc or not in a shounen series.

Very true. Also, Gon is like super silly in this episode. He even admires the person trying to lower the price and yet, because of his inquisitiveness, there may be auctioneers tomorrow.

This was more of a light fun episode, than the dark theme in the previous episodes. And they even went into depth with the appraisal stuff. This is becoming more informative.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 2, 2018 11:45 PM

Apr 2013
Togashi is so smart
Nov 4, 2018 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like they found a new friend and he probably won't even betray them at some point. Only 4 episodes left now, wonder how they will finish this season.
Feb 5, 2020 7:17 AM
Apr 2016
vdjksadfnsd too much dialogue this episode, and since the studio clearly didn't want it to last, they made the speaking incredibly fast... resulting in the subtitles being incredibly fast. The ending was nice and seems like the next episode will be good though!
Oct 3, 2020 8:21 PM
Jul 2018

I frickin LOVED this episode and clearly most others did too save for a few. I personally have a deep love for antiques, so this atmosphere in particular appealed to me. It was a lot of fun taking a break from fighting and watching the main characters shop around and explore the auction. And how could you complain about the dialogue? That's what this show is about! Not brute force, but critical thinking! HxH shines in its ability to show real debates and puzzles and reasoning. It's "mind candy."

Furthermore, I LOVE the Zepile character. It's refreshing seeing a brand new character with near zero mischief. He's kind, knowledgeable, and has no problem aiding a couple of kids in their endeavors, or humoring them with their little question game. I'm assuming he bought them their ice cream as well. But damn what a nice guy.

I see why Nen is necessary in this show but the outrageous shonen aspects of it were getting on my nerves Again, I liked the discussion in this episode, like when we got to learn about auction fraud, or when they had to argue with the bald guy. The tactics in this episode remind me of the earlier episodes when it was all about psychological warfare... when the four MC's had one-on-one's in the "Trick Tower."

Oct 3, 2020 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Also, did anyone else notice:
John Lennon is in this episode...

The side profile, the outfit, everything.
And if you think this is a coincidence, then at least bear in mind that this is Yorknew City we're talking about -- a parody of New York City which Lennon was a famous resident in (and the place he died).
Oct 21, 2021 8:30 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was kind of slow but ok. Zepile introduced and if I don’t remember wrong, that thing about using another entrance to the statue.
Mar 28, 2022 7:16 AM

Nov 2013
Fuck. This. Anime.
It's so inconsistent. I don't want all this money bullshit!
I want Kurapika fight against these killer dudes and other cool stuff!
You can't make an episode like this in shounen anime!!! It's fucking boring, i almost fell into coma watching this crap!
They just fucking talked about boring shit whole episode, never shutted the fuck up! I can't stand this anymore, i never gonna watch something HxH after this TV. Fuck this to oblivion!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Better Version of HXH?

PushedCaraway - Oct 26, 2022

24 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 20, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Sep 13, 2008

55 by Kyurima »»
Apr 12, 5:40 AM

» Am I the only one who has a problem with...

removed-user - Dec 2, 2022

8 by Berry-Vodka »»
Feb 16, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 54 Discussion

supermegasonic - Aug 24, 2011

19 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 11, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Episode 53 Discussion

supermegasonic - Aug 24, 2011

17 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 11, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.