Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 2, 2008 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good high pace funny actions.
Hayashibara as Lina has back! Gourry still has as little memory as a jellyfish.
It's hilarious Lina was arrested for the charge of "Lina Inverse".
When I heard the "DragSlave" spell, I almost cried with nostalgia.
The animations are not that high quality, but I believe the unique characters and funny script will make it.
dtshykJul 2, 2008 9:51 AM
Jul 2, 2008 9:51 AM

Apr 2007
Wow. That had a very 90s vibe to it, from the BGM all the way to the plot. This fits very well within the Slayers franchise. Only thing I didn't like was that fish-girl voiced by Natsuki Katō. Not sure on that Pocota thing yet. It looks like they're "sort-of" going along with the manga, with the same big events there, but the details diverging a bit.

This is a very, very good day for Slayers fans.
Jul 2, 2008 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
So where can i download the episode, doesn't matter if it's subbed or not ^_^
Jul 2, 2008 11:56 AM

May 2007
Elt- said:
So where can i download the episode, doesn't matter if it's subbed or not ^_^

tokyotosho >__<

this seems just a dream but it's all true slayers is back!!!! yeah and it seems nothing changed in these years ...if i remember correctly this is the first time that Xellos is in the ending too

mhmm Pocota ... for now the only thing i like about him is his voice >___<
next time i want a Drag Slave of Lina!!!
overall ... i need to calm down >___< i was really too excited for the return of slayers and this first episode
Jul 2, 2008 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
So nostalgic T_T

Couldn't hold myself and watched it in raws before any subs appeared. Even without subs feeling Slayers ambience again was really great. Megumi Hayashibara as Lina is godly, both opening and ending themes are awesome and THIS IS REALLY SLAYERS! Loved it very much.
Jul 2, 2008 2:31 PM
Mar 2008
I'm so happy to see Slayers back after an 11 year absence!! I just watched the first episode, and I have to say that it was a great reintroduction to Lina and Co. The art has noticeably (and expectedly) improved, and the comedy is still there. I just didn't like the fact that they used so much background music from the previous three seasons (most noticeably when they introduce the episode title).

All in all, it's great to have Slayers back. I can't wait for the next episode! =D
Jul 2, 2008 6:24 PM

Apr 2007
It was great <3
Lina <33333333333
Jul 2, 2008 11:05 PM

Mar 2008
It's nice that after 11 years since the last season slayers hasn't changed at all! It's still the same awesome series as it was then! The comedy is still there and the random destruction caused by Lina is still there.
This is going to be the best anime of 2008!
Jul 2, 2008 11:06 PM
Apr 2008
i simply <33ed it xD
Jul 3, 2008 1:47 AM

Jun 2007
Freaking loved it! Slayers ftw!
Got a serious nostalgia overdose xD
What's going on with the world lately?
A new season of Slayers
Mega man 9
Diablo 3
Chrono trigger ds

Is the world comming to an end or something?
Jul 3, 2008 7:23 AM

Jan 2008
kitaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! xD lololol

loved the way they animate, reminds me of animes back then. so nostalgic! and whats with the mermaid fish thing xD

Because sore wa lina inverse dakara!
Jul 3, 2008 8:58 AM

Aug 2007
Awesome.

Can't wait to watch the first episode. I remember finishing the third series Slayers Try about 2 years ago. It made me sad.
Jul 4, 2008 9:50 AM

May 2007
the first sub is out by [Tadashi x wyvern]
Jul 4, 2008 10:30 AM

Mar 2008
About time! Thanks for the information! ^_^
(love your signature)
Jul 4, 2008 11:59 AM

Mar 2008
First to watch subbed!

Yay for Ruvina Gard law!
Jul 4, 2008 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
Dozer said:
First to watch subbed!

Saw it a long time ago... And i bet like thousands of people saw it subbed before me even.
Jul 4, 2008 12:42 PM

Jul 2006
4-5 years ago I got extremely depressed after finishing watching the last season of slayers thinking there was going to be no more slayers. But I was wrong! My favorite anime before I started to watch fansubs is back!

Awesome episode, I miss watching Lina destroy everything in sight without a second thought. I can't wait to see Xellos again! hopefully it will be soon!

Jul 4, 2008 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
It was great
Jul 4, 2008 2:19 PM

Mar 2008
I just want to say that I am so happy seeing this series start again since a while that tears were in my eyes. I really wanted to see this finally come true: ANOTHER SEASON OF SLAYERS! Sounds like another group with another plot. Hmmmmmmmm, WTH...Gourry does not have his light sword??? Well it's good to see the good'ol gang back in action.
Jul 4, 2008 2:33 PM

May 2008
Wow that was NOT as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was really fearing for one of my favorite series, but I must say that I am happy!
Jul 4, 2008 2:55 PM

Aug 2007
hell yes, finally. 'nuff said :P
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jul 4, 2008 4:41 PM

Feb 2008
XD

I'm just really glad it's got that Slayers vibe to it still. You know, it's really not surprising at all that someone would want to arrest Lina. I'm just wondering why nobody tried to do it sooner lol

I'm also worrying about that weird bunny thing.

Jul 4, 2008 7:31 PM

Jul 2008
Maybe I'm just way too picky, but it just wasn't all I hoped it would be. I'm a huge Slayers fan (watched every season, OVA and movie recently in anticipation of the new season), so I was incredibly excited. However, after watching this episode I just had this feeling this show was missing something. Hard to explain. I have a feeling I'll be eating these words though when the next few episodes come out. 4/5
Jul 4, 2008 10:46 PM

Jan 2008
I cried. So very very hard. It's been way too long, and this is just so damn beautiful. I even missed Amelia. Everything is perfect, including the music. Megumi Hayashibara is still a goddess at what she does. This show alone would carry this season for me. GOD I'M HAPPY.
Jul 4, 2008 11:00 PM

Dec 2006
It's really great that the feel of the show is still there, kinda relieved. Only thing I can't seem to stomach yet is Lina's VA; was it always that annoying? Christ. Could've been the mood I was in when i watched but wow, I found myself cringing my teeth sometimes.
リスト 。。

Jul 5, 2008 2:00 AM
Mar 2008
SS Eclipse picked up this show! Great!!
Jul 5, 2008 2:10 AM

Apr 2008
slayers is back *____*
anyway that little monster reminds me a pokemon O__o

Jul 5, 2008 6:23 AM

Jun 2008
my first experience with Slayers, and i loved it, great stuff really funny
Jul 5, 2008 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
Zeinzu-sama said:
my first experience with Slayers, and i loved it, great stuff really funny

Slayers is great. You should watch the other Slayers stuff as well.

Although, as a warning, Lina is the only person in both the TV and OVA series.

P.S. The episode rocked. I need more! MORE, I say!
Jul 5, 2008 8:58 AM

Oct 2007
Faust87 said:
slayers is back *____*
anyway that little monster reminds me a pokemon O__o

That was my thoughts too. "Who is this rabbit/poke/digimon character?"

This episode was okay to me. It was a tad rushed to me. It's like all of a sudden Lina's on the offense to immediately defense. The reason for that transition was a bit lame. I know it's to introduce the greatness of Lina and her destructiveness but it could have been executed better. Of course it also had to reintroduce all the characters again so part of it was a waste of time for me. I look forward to the next one though. I'm nowhere near dropping it but I hope things will get straightened out a little in the next episode. (In short I felt like this episode was filler. :P)

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jul 5, 2008 8:59 AM
Jun 2008
Awesome stuff! It really did have the Slayers feeling from all the previous seasons. Good that they had all the previous voice actors for the characters. Great to see all the spellcasting again, but I hope they will use more of the chanting for them, even for the lower level spells.
Heh you should know better than to go against Lina Inverse without atleast an army of demons. I had to agree with Lina in the end when she was yelling about her "lost screentime", would have loved to see her casting the Dragon Slave again after such a long time.
Simple is best.
Jul 5, 2008 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
I'm still almost in shock that this series even exists at this point. When I sat down and watched the OP I was still in disbelief because I never thought they would even do another Slayers anime, let a alone a TV series.

From the first episode it seems like they managed to keep the feel from the older series, i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it.
Jul 5, 2008 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
Faust87 said:
slayers is back *____*

Screw Slayers. LINA IS BACK!!! *_*

Good ep - JUST good, though.
Jul 5, 2008 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
I was afraid I wouldn't get most of this, because it's been so many years since I've seen Slayers, but I'm glad I could, at least, remember the names of the characters =P

This was a pretty good episode, though the humor could have been a bit better, imo.
Jul 5, 2008 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
Slayers, yay!
Great Episode. Want more.
Jul 5, 2008 3:56 PM

Jun 2007
The opening and ending are really great as well. Its pretty impressive that they have managed to save the Slayers feel. I mean its been a while since we've had any Slayers.

Kinda funny how just a year ago, I saw the Meet Again video, and was wondering how a Slayers anime in this day and age would be. Watching this episode, has made me so happy. This is gonna be a great show to watch between more serious stuff.

(lol at Gourry the blacksmith)
Jul 5, 2008 5:29 PM

May 2007
JusticeGundam said:
4-5 years ago I got extremely depressed after finishing watching the last season of slayers thinking there was going to be no more slayers. But I was wrong! My favorite anime before I started to watch fansubs is back!

Awesome episode, I miss watching Lina destroy everything in sight without a second thought. I can't wait to see Xellos again! hopefully it will be soon!
I felt the damn same way man... I am so glad it's back! I really hope we get to see Lina's sister we have been hearing about. Maybe that creature we see at the end is her in disguise somehow... who really knows. Would also be cool to see Naga and see if the Amelia and Naga rumor is true.
Jul 6, 2008 1:34 AM

Jun 2006
mulderman said:
Kinda funny how just a year ago, I saw the Meet Again video, and was wondering how a Slayers anime in this day and age would be. Watching this episode, has made me so happy. This is gonna be a great show to watch between more serious stuff.

I was thinking that too~ X3 Maybe Meet again was like foreshadowing it. xD lol.

Oooh I can't wait for the next episode! Lina Inverse is back woot! X3
Jul 6, 2008 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
Never saw Slayers before ,so this was my first Slayers experience ,and I think it´s good =P
The comedy scenes were really good ( except the strange fish xD) and the fights were good ,too ,only the animation quality is not that good (I know it´s nostalgic xD)
Jul 7, 2008 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
w00t. I think this episode was a little rushed in terms of plot and all, but I'm excited to see where the new season goes. I can't wait to see Xellos again, either! As for the little pokemon/bunny thing...I dunno! I hope he'll be a "good" guy, but you never know. ^^ Bring on the rest of this season!
Jul 7, 2008 8:32 PM

Mar 2007
Ahh, that was so nice and Slayers-ish! Great stuff! I also felt very nostalgic watching this :) I liked the fast pace and the same fun Slayers sense of humor with all the random side comments. The animation isn't as good as other current series, but it is a lot nicer than the previous Slayers series, and it is great to see everyone get a small update.

The voice acting was great, IMHO. Nice to hear everyone back again, and Megumi rocks as Lina. So very high-energy! I get tired just imagining what it must be like to keep up with all of Lina's lines, lol :) I would love to see what it is like in the recording studio when they do these episodes. This makes me a bit nostalgic for the time when Megumi was the seiyuu goddess XD
Jul 9, 2008 10:38 PM

Jan 2008
Its great to have the slayers gang back for more. It looks simply amazing with the new computer coloring instead of the hand colored style of the other seasons. Megumi freakin rocks. Cant wait for more.

Nov 27, 2009 4:17 AM

Apr 2009
What the hell is that pokemon doing in my Slayers?
Sep 10, 2010 11:53 AM

Dec 2008
3 out of 5: It was OK (your vote)
Aug 20, 2011 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Lol @ them "running" from the Turtle prototype thing. Nice start.
Jul 30, 2012 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
Watched the dubbed version, because Lisa Ortiz is great at voice-acting. This was actually really faithful to the original series. And thats one of the big reasons why I actually liked this episode. It didn't really feel like a cash-in from the originals. Funimation had the balls to bring back the original cast('cept for Xellos) of english voice-actors and the japanese studio had the same cast and also the same theme song singer aswell, which is almost unbelievable.

The humour was good, the pacing was all right. Not sure why they had to have the new character look like a pokemon, but we'll see how this goes.
May 14, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
Yesterday was a great day, finally after a long time I could see in my native language this first episode of Slayers Revolution, the Italian edition will not be the best especially with regard to the names, but for once the OP and ED are the original! What can I say? Fantastic!
Oct 18, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
It's great to hear Megumi Hayashibara again after all this time. Simply one of my favourite seiyuus. But that pokemon-like thing doesn'y convince me at all. After the last TV series, which was pretty serious AFAIR, the sudden appearance of a rather childish creature leaves me doubting. Let's hope it turns out to be something more than just a nod towards younger audience.
失われた翼を探して
Dec 2, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Well I'm not sure that I like this new style of animation on Slayers, but 1080p is certainly awesome.
It was quite part of the Slayers series, so I guess they didn't do wrong with it.
4/5.
Jul 13, 2015 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Lina Inverse charged of being "Lina Invers". You can't defend against such crime, can you?

It seams someone is imposting her to make crimes in her name. Is it that pokemon-like thing?
mozgowJul 8, 2016 10:59 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 10, 2008

18 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.