Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2008 11:58 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Beginning of this OH MAN! Soooooo excited! I have to admit that #12 and #13 was not excited like since I saw SLAYERS THE FIRST TIME! AMAZING! BRAVO! MAGNIFIQUE! Is how it is! MASTER PIECE EPISODE! AT THE END SOOOO MUCH TEARS! So sad really. I will talk more when subs come out. For now moments of homage to this last episode.

WHY is she still alive!? Can Reso's soul enter her body?

DUCLIS! NOOOOOOOOO!

I find this one TO BE THE FUNNIEST OF THEM ALL!

XELLOS EVIL EYES!

HUMANS CREATE, HUMANS FAIL, HUMANS PAY THE ULTIMATE CONSEQUENCES SUCH IS THE SAME WITH AIDS.

RAGNA+LIGHT SWORD=FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 3, 2008 6:45 AM

Jun 2008
is there any subbed ep 13 yet?
wth, ep13 raw was 24.09.
sorry for my english ; [
Oct 3, 2008 6:19 PM

Jan 2008
Just finished watching the subbed version. I'm not sure how I should say this, but I think the battles in the first two Slayers were more epic. The very ending of the episode was quite creepy. I didn't expect to see that guy until the second season, but nope, there he is with his blood shot eyes, and psychotic look on his masked face. Gee, I wonder if that means he hasn't forgiven Lina yet.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 3, 2008 11:42 PM

Aug 2007
If anyone from the VivaLaRevolution group, or the person who comes up with the final script reads this, could you release your script so the rest of us can mux it ourselves? I'd rather have a soft-subbed version for episode 13.. Thanks.
Oct 4, 2008 12:02 PM

Jun 2007
A solid ending to a great season.

I really liked the finale. But I expect the one in the next season to be better (its always been that way, a great battle half way, an epic battle at the end)

Anyone know when the next season is gonna air?

(and fuck yes at Zuuma at the end, that guy looked CREEPY)
Oct 4, 2008 1:22 PM

May 2008
I'm little dissapointed... They remembered about tree but forgot of legendary sword, also this is some weird that they have problems with defeat Beast yet they kill it very easily at the end... and why still Rezo is this guy an immortal or what O.o ?

Anyway looking forward for next Slayers and i hope for more gag's with xellos & Lina... i really missed it here.
Oct 4, 2008 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
*sigh* Well at least I still have the classic seasons and OVAs to enjoy. 1/5
Oct 6, 2008 9:15 PM

Aug 2008
sakuko said:
1/5
Wow, that's a pretty harsh score. I would agree that Revolution certainly doesn't stack against the old seasons, but even so I enjoyed it very much. This last episode finally seemed to have a sense of the old battle excitement from the past seasons. And it was pretty amusing that the replica sword of light just stopped working right when Gourry was ready to finish Zanafaar off.

I'm immensely looking forward to seeing how Slayers Glory plays out. There's so many loose ends that need wrapping up. Especially with Zuuma & Rezo!
Oct 8, 2008 8:01 AM

Aug 2007
And I hoped that finally that stupid Pok(emon/ota) would be dead. And yet he still lives. Somebody should be pay for creating that... thing. ;P
Oct 11, 2008 11:34 PM
Mar 2008
Finally got my hands on working subs. Glad I grabbed the soft ones cos there were 2 typos in there.
MoG said:
And I hoped that finally that stupid Pok(emon/ota) would be dead. And yet he still lives. Somebody should be pay for creating that... thing. ;P

You know, I don't actually mind Pokota. His human form makes me choke though. Not sure why Duclis turned into a centaur/tiger thing at the last moment either.

I'm so glad they didn't shove Taforashia and Rezo/Ozel (Ozel > Lezo > Rezo?) into the last 5 minutes. Now we've gotten this whole Zanaffar diversion over with, I'm looking forward to seeing the next season.
Dec 26, 2008 3:10 PM

Jun 2007
this show is just too pokemon. it's just not cool/dark it's just too pokmeon. :(

今はどんでん返しの時代ではない★너와 함께 했던 일상은
어느샌가 작은 영화속 풍경이되고 ☆
Jan 23, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Zanafar is freakin' Godzilla. Hate this "kill me" stuff at the end.
After watching Slayers R I have only one question "How could they ruined Slayers anime?"

ATATATATATATATATATATATATA!! Omae wa mo shindeiru!
Mar 23, 2010 12:22 AM

Mar 2009
Well there's no question this doesn't hold up to the old slayers (NEXT was my personal favorite) but it was alright. I think part of the problem is that the story development just felt kinda rushed. The old slayers did have lots of filler but it was spaced over 26 episodes so it wasn't as noticeable as it was in a 13 episode series (at least i think so). I was kinda of wondering why everyone seemed to be having these bouts of amnesia. I mean they bring up the past like Luna, Sairag, and Rezo but....didn't Lina BEAT a Zanafaar in season 1 with a Bless Blade nearly killing herself in the process? Wasn't Sylphiel there, and didn't it destroy Sairaag and kill her dad with the help of copy Rezo? Well here's hoping the next season is a little better, though this one wasn't bad. I wonder if Amelia's sister (Naga the serpent) will ever show up again? lol, now THAT would truly be worth watching and loling!
Sep 3, 2011 6:28 PM

Dec 2009
Nice ending of season, however I do agree with some that the first seasons were more epic. I'm glad I watched this anyway.
Sep 26, 2012 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
And that was that. The ending was surprisingly awesome though there were no time for "Oh no, one of the main characters is fatally injured!", but still: Having the mages do a watercloud so thick it shoots waterfalls and freezing Zanifar in its place was well planned strategy. Loved how Duclis came in and blinded Zanifarr even though it was a bit too convenient. And dat ending combo....

Overall. I didn't love this show, but I didn't hate it either. I would have given it a solid 7/10 for the fights, the humour and the original cast of VA's replaying their roles. But the sudden amnesia of the main characters, especially Pokota and Duclis repeating the same lines over and over again and Pokota being a whiny prince, dropped my score to 6. I will watch the next season though. Maybe it will be better or not. We shall see.
Feb 28, 2013 9:16 PM

Jan 2011
The first few episodes seemed rather pointless, but maybe that's a hangover from marathoning Slayers Try (which did have considerably more drama and impact) just before watching this . I'll give this a 7 for nostalgia's sake, but I demand more Xellos in the next cour.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 12, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm not much to say. It was good and not so good. But oh well 8/10.

Lol at the last second scene with the assassin xD.

Oh btw the animation of the Dragon Slave +3 ^_^.
Jul 15, 2015 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
That combo (Ragnablade + Dragonslave) was pretty amazing!
It seems they used Ragnablade nad Sword of Light to cut trough Zannafar armor, and Dragonslave to actually kill him. Nice! :-)

Was Zumma using Zannafar armor?

As for the whole season, the story might not be as good as in the old ones, but animation was much better. Overall 8/10.
Jul 12, 2016 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
In my opinion this was the weakest season of the Slayers so far, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the series length. Aside from Wizor and to an extent Duclis none of the new characters made much of an impact with me, at last Try had a great villain, Revolution just felt lackluster. I really hope Evolution-R is more interesting as I'm assuming it probably will be since this season felt like a giant amount of set-up.
Mar 17, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2015
tfw when the continuity is a total trainwreck.

That pretty much ruined my ability to enjoy the rest of the show.

I'm not sure I want to watch Evolution-R at this point.

I can't believe the annoying ninja guy isn't dead yet.
Jul 9, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Letting Duclis go seemed pretty silly. He motivations were borderline absurd to start with, and no real punishment is dissatisfying. I did appreciate the fight with Zanaffar though.

The ending was a bit weak, but I’m looking at this as a split cour season alongside Evolution-R, so we’ll see how it goes.
Feb 12, 2021 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
It had it moments, but overall lacking compared to the 90's seasons.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty weak sequel of the old shows imo, the antagonists were especially disappointing. But Wizer also made no sense at all. 5/10
Jun 16, 2021 9:11 AM
Mar 2018
This was a weak season of Pokemon. And why did noone tell the writers that making a sequel after years not about the actual main characters is a bad thing to do? Eureka Seven did the same; throw in a Pokemon that is relevant to the plot, but out of context to the entire predeceding universe and then take the attention from the usual, beloved characters / make them different and voila. You just ruined it. Oh and those cartooney sounds were pretty out of place too. Maybe not use them at all. Anywhere!

Overall it's a good willed 7/10. It almost deserved less, but it had a bit of charme in the way that some characters appeared more modern...

EDIT: OP is an idiot for that Aids comment! Just delete your own account.
Apr 3, 8:41 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Better than Try, which was disappointing in the last few episodes. 7.5/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 10, 2008

18 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.