Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 10, 2011 10:38 AM

Sep 2009
Man, I just can't get enough of the OP

The ep itself was awesome.

I lol'd at the part where Shinku said to Eclair "you're a girl?" XD

From now on, every other girl will trip, bump, fall on our manly hero....and boy, will my ginga be pleased

Still gigling at the sight of every other extra looking like they came out of the fax machine

And ofc, the ever so famous "we summoned u, but you can never return...deal with it!" line

I wonder if this will get a second season, cause I'm loving each episode more and more....I wonder how many ep's before they make Galette act like a complete baka, and decides to join in on Shinku's expanding harem.
Apr 10, 2011 10:45 AM
Aug 2010
OShoranO said:
"I can continue like this, but it would be a bit too much fan service for the citizens of both countries <3" - LOLLL!

I can easily picture her fighting like that, and the grunts on both sides randomly turning into furballs just from watching her.
Apr 10, 2011 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Looks like they still had to thrown in a bit of fanservice. I was actually kinda glad that the main lead was a guy who wouldn't bump and fall on every female character he meets. He's still a very capable guy with some nice moves though. That is indeed rare nowadays.

Eclair's (Droopy Ears') voice is Kirino's and Ako's! I recognized it immediately! =P

In the end it looks like he can't return huh? Even the princess didn't know about that. I wonder what they'll do about it! xD

Apr 10, 2011 11:57 AM

Jul 2008
Well we all know how this would end (regarding the "will he be able to get back" part) but all in all it's turning up to be a great and fun series.
Apr 10, 2011 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
Cute characters is all this anime has going for it in my opinion. The fan service wasn't that great, and the actual combat seems pretty lame.

I didn't like it very much when the girl fell on top of the hero, and he grabbed her breasts. It just seems like there doing things wrong, I just don't get a good feeling when watching it, even though this is normally the type of series I enjoy.

If the hero can't go back to his own world, I feel bad for the friend of his, unless time passes differently or something >_<
Apr 10, 2011 12:49 PM

Dec 2008
this anime is too happy
Apr 10, 2011 1:01 PM

Mar 2010
This show started pretty good; with Shinku using what he learned and fighting off the lot of the Leo soldiers.

But THEN it went into "Let's Have The Girl Beat The Guy Up" territory. So this show FAILED HARDCORE. (And Shinku and Eclair had an AWESOME team-up against Leonmitchelli, too.)

I don't know if it's some effort to compete with more otaku-esque animu that feature boobs, compromising positions, and nothing else. But Dog Days had a good thing going with a capable shounen lead and its Nanoha-esque feel. THIS SUCKS.

I had to drop SKET Dance because the show's not as cute and colorful as Dog Days. So yeah. This TOTALLY SUCKS.
Apr 10, 2011 1:10 PM

Jun 2007
katsu044 said:
was really hoping that cat would say *thats not a kick!*

I was expecting the same lol. I enjoyed the ep .
Apr 10, 2011 2:32 PM

Feb 2010
THEY'RE STRIPED! <3 <3 <3 How can't you enjoy this stroke of genius?
Apr 10, 2011 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
Another great episode! Huh, this anime does have some ecchi in it... /didn't realize this was rated G. As long as it's just some, I'm good.

BTW, Izumi needs to learn some magic other than Seal Cannon...
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 10, 2011 3:27 PM

Sep 2010
This show just got so much better.
More Eclair, please.
Apr 10, 2011 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
I guess I'll follow this series till the end since I always like fantasy themed anime. Its kinda fun to watch too. And Shinku is pretty stupid to not realized that Eclair is a girl.

Apr 10, 2011 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
I am glad I decided to watch ep 2 because at first I was going to drop it until I realized the parody on itself. It also didn't help to watch this after re-watching Hellsing Ultimate so my mind set was not on the genre.

Looking forward to ep 3 :)
Apr 10, 2011 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
+1 for lovetap kills. Fight scenes were pretty solid.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Apr 10, 2011 4:36 PM
Jan 2010
This is one of my casual shows. Unless they pull a 360 on me.
Apr 10, 2011 6:02 PM

May 2010
Was better than the first episode, still not that good though.

Well looks like they takes their heroes hostage, rules forbidding them to return, bleh.
Apr 10, 2011 6:17 PM

Oct 2007
Shimapan! I did not notice that until i rewatched it. xDD This show is getting a 10/10 from me for this.
Apr 10, 2011 7:33 PM

Feb 2010
Nothing special, it's just entertaining. Which is why I like it.
Apr 10, 2011 7:48 PM

Nov 2010
well it seems to be picking up a little atleast but still only decent. i suppose ill stick with it for now to see where it goes.
Apr 10, 2011 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
So the whole war was fought over whether to have a beer festival or a concert? This is a silly world....but it's fun so I just might have to stick with it for a while.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 10, 2011 8:19 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode!!! I loved the unpredictable ecchi scenes. I wonder what Shinku is going to do now that he is stuck there XD Anyways, Hope for more too come :)
Apr 10, 2011 9:58 PM

Oct 2009
Any little amount of hope I had remaining for this show was completely thrown out the window when they pulled the boob grab thing. And how is it even possible that he wouldn't know it's a girl, when she doesn't even remotely sound like, or resemble a man.

This is going to be a very painful remaining 10 episodes for me...
Apr 10, 2011 11:49 PM

Sep 2008
Ousto said:
Any little amount of hope I had remaining for this show was completely thrown out the window when they pulled the boob grab thing. And how is it even possible that he wouldn't know it's a girl, when she doesn't even remotely sound like, or resemble a man.

Probably not a matter of thinking she was a dude at all. You're in the middle of a high octane extreme sport, surrounded on all sides in the middle of defending yourself while simultaneously learning an arcane art from the ground up, you probably don't take note of everyone's gender. Seemed less that he had a misconception and more that he hadn't thought to assign a gender to her until that fateful moment when it became relevant.

He seems like a character with a pretty narrow focus. It would be perfectly in line with what we've seen of him for his mind to just be on the matter at hand. Especially considering that he's been a bit more on top of things than many similar protagonists, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a singular moment of stupidity. Plus, as evidenced by the clothesplosion later, it doesn't seem like anyone on staff is terribly worried about the fanservice making sense or being plausible. As I've mentioned, if I were to point out nonsense, before tackling any of that I'd ask where the hell you get denim shorts and lingerie in this setting.
Apr 11, 2011 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Gangler said:
Ousto said:

Probably not a matter of thinking she was a dude at all. You're in the middle of a high octane extreme sport, surrounded on all sides in the middle of defending yourself while simultaneously learning an arcane art from the ground up, you probably don't take note of everyone's gender. Seemed less that he had a misconception and more that he hadn't thought to assign a gender to her until that fateful moment when it became relevant.

He seems like a character with a pretty narrow focus. It would be perfectly in line with what we've seen of him for his mind to just be on the matter at hand. Especially considering that he's been a bit more on top of things than many similar protagonists, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a singular moment of stupidity. Plus, as evidenced by the clothesplosion later, it doesn't seem like anyone on staff is terribly worried about the fanservice making sense or being plausible. As I've mentioned, if I were to point out nonsense, before tackling any of that I'd ask where the hell you get denim shorts and lingerie in this setting.

Yeah, I will give the show this - having a protagonist that isn't a giant pussy is a definite plus. It's nice that he's not going "Uah~!" all over the place and is actually kicking some ass. I guess shutting my brain off and not questioning anything is the best method for watching this show. xD

I just had to facepalm at the boob grab, it's so cliched...I want to punch babies any time I see it. The other fanservice moments in this episode weren't even that bad, but I was actually surprised that there were fanservice moments at all, it didn't strike me as that kind of show.
Apr 11, 2011 2:57 AM

Sep 2010
great show, nice ecchi.
only minpoint for me is that the male lead sometimes kinda looks like a harem-lead with the 'accidental landing on top of someone then grabbing their boob and holding it for like 5 minutes'.

as long as it doesnt turn into a harem, this show is great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2011 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
what the!? chocobos O_o"!? ok this is weird.
Well umm what can i say the show started good but the character looks too much like Jin (asura class) from Grand Chase
Apr 11, 2011 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
This show is so... is so... I don't know, it's weird.
At least the seiyuu are awesome. Oh Holo's voice, I haven't heard you for so long. <3
3.5/5
Apr 11, 2011 2:45 PM

Jan 2011
lol, Leonmichelli without armor = FTW (for me)
anyways, I like the main chara, he doesn't act stupid nor eh when fighting
xD;; I lol'd sop hard when he was like
"Your a girl?" LOL
nice episode, xD
Apr 11, 2011 3:06 PM

Oct 2009
''So, you are a girl?''
Apr 11, 2011 4:33 PM

Nov 2008
I just realized that this is a Cats VS Dogs war. I swear I only saw cats last ep and entitled Dog Days whuuut? XDD

This show is so entertaining, I'm glad I picked this up :D

Gangler said:
OMYGAWDITWAS SO AWSOME! Shinku Was fighting and they were explaining the rules and there was a loli hanging around the princess and then we saw ECLAIR and she was sooo cute and they did the spell thingy and the beams intertwined to show TWuu Wuv and then we had an Ecchi Moment!!! Then we saw the enemy princess but she was a monarch and she had a bow but then it was and Axe and then they repeated the Same Ecchi Moment and then Shinku and EClair learned Teamworkz! Then the other princess was wearing denim shorts and her tail went stiff (HOT!) and Eclair was Nekid for Almost No Reason! Apparently the princess sings and then Eclair got dressed again and was soo cute and the Loli revealed that Shinku can't go home (Loli is like sooo adorable0_o) and that means that this is probably a quest to get home which is Infinitely bettar than going back and forth and juggling two lives.

Seriously, there is like nothing about this show I don't love. Especially Eclair. She's awesome :D
^Oi calm down XDD This is pretty much my thoughts about the episode minus the "excitement"(other definition XD) LOLOL

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 11, 2011 4:53 PM

Oct 2010
the Princess Is Cute ^ ^
Apr 11, 2011 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
Ousto said:
Yeah, I will give the show this - having a protagonist that isn't a giant pussy is a definite plus. It's nice that he's not going "Uah~!" all over the place and is actually kicking some ass.

It's this show's only saving grace, IMMHO. This season would probably be another one of pedophilic masturbation material, typical pansy shounens, and 100% SUCK if it weren't for shows like the X-men. And I just hope that the company behind Dog Days snap themselves from out of whatever drug they're on before it's too late (for their overall reputation to the outside world).

It's funny how it works, though.

Near-everybody was talking mess about Dog Days before "FANSERVICE!!" and "STRIPED PANTIES!!" Nobody payed any attention to what Marvelhouse did (with Ironman and Certain Mutant Logan) until they met Storm.

I KNOW I'm the wrong person to make this statement; I enjoyed Freezing because it had T&A, but it had a non-pansy male lead and a story to back up the T&A. But regardless, I can't enjoy any anime unless there's non-pansy shounen. Else, I'd watch hentai anime.
Apr 11, 2011 6:56 PM
Jan 2010
This is actually entertaining and Shinku isn't half bad.
He dodged most of Eclair's attacks after the ecchi scenes and he is also capable at fighting and has no trouble attacking anyone. I guess that is due to it being not that big a deal when no one really gets hurt even if you blast them with a giant beam.

This will be my my most relaxed series of the season as it's something not to be taken seriously.
Dan777Apr 11, 2011 7:09 PM
Apr 11, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2010
Some battle. Even with massive beams and massive explosions no one is killed, probably the most calm anime for this season.
Apr 11, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2009
Everything is cute. Not bad fighting scenes and likeable characters.
Apr 12, 2011 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
I am literally watching this show because of Miyano.
Would've dropped it after this ep if it weren't so.
Apr 12, 2011 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
I was hoping this would not enter the ecchi world, but it wasn't excessive so it was o.k. As for the princess and hero, they should just end up together simply b/c their so in sync. The fighting scenes were actually pretty great, and I like how they explain everything we miss with so much detail. Such as the jump into the sky and why her clothes came off.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 12, 2011 10:02 AM
May 2009
1st episode sucked big time.. I thought I was watching kids show.. 2nd ep redeemed itself with nice bgm's and good fighting animation... still service seemed too light.
Apr 12, 2011 10:56 AM

May 2010
LOL. Another dumb male lead + fanservice ep.
The fighting action and animation were good though.
Apr 12, 2011 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
Yes, I do realise he is not a wimp at least, but please let the main character just die.

Overall, this episode was much better.
Apr 12, 2011 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
Haha big fail at the end there, huge plot hole :P
How the h**l did that dog come to Earth? :P
Idiots :P

And chocobos?
For the creators sake I hope they asked Square for permission, but seeing as how bad they failed at the end of this ep I doubt it :P

Apr 12, 2011 6:00 PM

Sep 2008
Des said:
Haha big fail at the end there, huge plot hole :P
How the h**l did that dog come to Earth? :P
Idiots :P

And chocobos?
For the creators sake I hope they asked Square for permission, but seeing as how bad they failed at the end of this ep I doubt it :P

Just because the dog is apparently a trans-dimensional being capable of moving through the multiverse at whim doesn't mean it's quite so simple for everyone else. Maybe the gate only travels from earth to dogs and cats-verse. Maybe he can only transport anyone across the cosmos once per person. Maybe there's a limitation to the magical ceremony that prevents it from being used again immediately. Maybe it's just a rule to their wars. If they start breaking the rules then they get into real wars, which I'm sure they're eager to avoid. Heck, it could be that in forcibly pulling him into this universe they've written him into the fabric of their reality, and couldn't remove him without causing an irreparable tear in space time. There's only so much give in the fabric of space time, you make an alteration once, you're cool, twice and you start causing damage.

Suffice it to say that the reasons this could be the situation are numerous. Since we've been given no reason at all yet, we have no means of knowing if this is a legitimate plothole or not, though admittedly a plothole would not be out of place here. It doesn't seem to be a "logical consistency" kind of show. For example, when Eclair was rampaging on Shinku after the clothesplotion, where in holy hell did the towel come from? She just suddenly had a towel. The king of the lions wears clothing that could not possibly exist in this setting. The king of the lions is female, despite giving no indication that king is a gender neutral term indicating rank in this setting (could be a translation error, but seems like they'd default to queen unless given reason not to...). We have been given absolutely no reason that the high ranking soldiers have magics, but the low ranking soldiers seem to be incapable of such feats, despite it evidently being simple enough to teach in about thirty seconds. Their magic system doesn't seem to be geared towards the set-up the commentators had, so their setup should only be possible if the setting is possessed of holographic, levitation, and PA system type technologies, which would in turn raise even more inconsistencies with the setting.

While plotholes are a legitimate complaint, it surprises me to hear that you suspended your disbelief through the rest of the show, but an unexplained aspect of their summoning ritual is what got you. Heck, from what we've heard of their magic from Eclair, summoning rituals shouldn't even be possible in the first place. It's primarily geared towards energy blasts. I don't think this show is meant to be taken too seriously.

Regarding chocobos, the translators had a different name for them in the first episode, and changed it to chocobos in episode two, likely because of their similarities. Chocobos are fine so long as you don't call them that. Heck, even World of Warcraft has chocobos, they just call them hawkstriders iirc. Runes of Magic has a golden ostrich with some pretty striking similarities. Seems like they're pretty safe as far as copyright infringement goes.
GanglerApr 12, 2011 6:17 PM
Apr 13, 2011 7:27 AM

Jun 2009
I see some guys complaining about Shinku has never touched a weapon, and he has no combat experience whatsoever. Yet we saw him fight like some Martial Artist expert..

Well guys... Rebecca, his childhood friend did mention that Shinku excels in athletic activities and Bo Staff Techniques Bojutsu [棒]... It's one of the martial arts’ oldest surviving styles... If you had watched Ayako release then you'll notice they did translate it as Pole Techniques, well each group has their own translator preferences so that's why they translate to the closest to what they see it fit (including myself).

Have a look on this link and you'll see what I mean: http://www.ehow.com/video_2287084_front-spin-bo-staff-techniques.html

I myself practice Kendou now and I've done a bit of Bojutsu in the past so I know what Bojutsu is...

Apr 13, 2011 2:33 PM

Mar 2010
This animes made 10x better with Norio Wakamoto. I sure hope General Godwin gets some more air time throughout the series.
Apr 13, 2011 2:40 PM

Apr 2009
Ousto said:
Yeah, I will give the show this - having a protagonist that isn't a giant pussy is a definite plus. It's nice that he's not going "Uah~!" all over the place and is actually kicking some ass. I guess shutting my brain off and not questioning anything is the best method for watching this show. xD

I just had to facepalm at the boob grab, it's so cliched...I want to punch babies any time I see it. The other fanservice moments in this episode weren't even that bad, but I was actually surprised that there were fanservice moments at all, it didn't strike me as that kind of show.

I was slightly disappointed that the fanservice was a bit cliché. It's true that they didn't make a big deal out of it at first, but we've all seen the falling-boob-grab thing. At least Shinku didn't do any typical male overreaction stuff at the end of the battle.

Eclair is probably my favourite character from this show so far, though I don't much care for fanservice. I trust that the show will move on and give everyone else their own spotlight, though.
Apr 14, 2011 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
I agree with most. Really fun episode and it seemed even better than the first. Not a show to be taken seriously or with much substance and probably a harem but if it can be fun like this then it will be enjoyable.

I will go with the cat girl if i was him. That girl rocks. And anyway everyone knows that nekomimi is the king when in relation with girls. Don't all girls have pussy anyway? Making dog girls doesn't fit very much.
Apr 14, 2011 5:37 PM

May 2010
Monad said:
I agree with most. Really fun episode and it seemed even better than the first. Not a show to be taken seriously or with much substance and probably a harem but if it can be fun like this then it will be enjoyable.

I will go with the cat girl if i was him. That girl rocks. And anyway everyone knows that nekomimi is the king when in relation with girls. Don't all girls have pussy anyway? Making dog girls doesn't fit very much.

Fuck yes; cat-bitch is the best.
Apr 14, 2011 9:11 PM

Jul 2008
Tayloroids said:
I am enjoying this more than I should be. I regret nothing. ; w;
:O! My exact thoughts.

I didn't know why I was watching it, the first time I thought this was stupid. But for some reason, this show has grown to me. D:
Apr 15, 2011 1:02 PM
Nov 2010
i like this series. The only thing I dislike is that Ricotta reminds me of Mikuru Asahina (I dislike Asahina).
Apr 15, 2011 7:57 PM
May 2009
Who else finds this series really entertaining?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.