Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 11, 2011 9:27 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It all ends well and most impressive was Brioche in the following,

that exorcism with Yukikaze was amazing! Not only was Brioches amazing with that but what follows after in the spoiler
was really well done despite some other parts lacking quality. I am just wondering as to why did Yukikaze take out that knife and from the way Brioche is in here, did she had to absorb the powers of that cursed sword to kill it with its own power? If that is the case, I understand as to why Yukikaze had to dispel the power surrounding Brioche as it could consume her. Other than that, the beginning of the exorcism started out good with a nice depiction of the sword in the spoiler
that thing is rotten to the core with the way it moves about and that it attacked viciously Yukikaze, whose dodging was nice. Yukikaze's smile was also nice here. The dogs were freaking amazing for having in their mouths a light dagger. Dagger that has been imbued with light elemental force. Lovely exorcism crest being grand and nice blocking within the crest of Yukikaze. I am highly thinking that the crest itself gives off its own protection while you are in it despite the monster being in it also. Most amazing and excellent was the whole sword of light summoning along with all of them planting into the monster in the spoiler
Now that was SFX good.

The end of the episode does leave sad with Elmar as follows,

WTF? Why is she so sad :( and even more so with the view in the spoiler
one thing for sure is that it has to do with the following spoiler
whatever that dog brought her may be from the her researcher friends finding out about a way to send Shinku back. Could it be what she holds can send Shinku back to his home world? IMHO I think the baby fox seeing like a blue sky could have something to do with what Elmar found out. I may be right that this fox may return to earth and was from there originally considering that we can see the mother appearing and running off to only disappear in the spoiler
towards most likely planet Earth. If so then it can return Shinku towards his home.

Yumekichi11Jun 12, 2011 8:42 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 11, 2011 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Really good ending to the war, Millihore is a great singer and idol, those dresses are nice, the festival is nice, and Ricotta shouldn't be so sad, I get the feeling Shinku don't want to go back and if that's the case, there may be a second season and even if he does come back what stopping them from summoning him back when (insert war or danger here) occurs.

Jun 12, 2011 3:35 AM

Sep 2008
The characters still bring a smile to my face which is what keeps me watching the show. Some great magic by Yukikaze and Brioche.

Art quality dropped so much during Millhiore's live so much that I was actually cringing through it. Best part of the episode is Eclair and Cinque. Tsun tsun giving way to dere dere...
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jun 12, 2011 4:39 AM

Apr 2011
Ugh. The quality dropped at Milhi's concert is awful! Her head become big and, Cinque and Eclair's faces suddenly looked matured.

On the other hand, my favorite scene besides the concert, was between Cinque and Eclair. She just blush when he unknowingly grab her arm. It's super cute.
MagitoJun 12, 2011 4:47 AM
Jun 12, 2011 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
Does the quality really drop that much??? If so thats gonna suck when I watch it!!! I seriously can't wait for the ep to get translated/subbed now!!!
Jun 14, 2011 6:11 AM

Dec 2010
That scroll that she recieved was definetly a way to send shinku back...
He should just stay >.>

Also, THE CIVILLIANS/BACKGROUND CHARACTERS HAVE EYES NOW !!!!
Jun 14, 2011 8:20 AM

Jan 2010
Im dreading the last episode as much as Im anticipating it... I want Shinku to stay but he might choose to go back!!! Also i dont know if I like Eclair or the princess more now cause he suits them both soooo much!!! At the end Rico definitely got the way to return Shinku... I mean what else could make her so sad? It looks like she likes him as a friend alot and that she wants him to end up either with the princess or Eclair!!!

The exorcism at the start was amazing! Dog Days definitely has some of the best fight/magic scenes I've ever seen in anime! Also I cant help but loveee Shinku soooo much cause hes soooo cute! Also I loved Leo samas facepalm I was like in a giant fit of laughter and couldn't breathe... Ok well Im exaggerating but still her facepalm was the cutest ever!

Lastly am I the only one whose noticed that alot of the things in Dog Days relate to food?

Bisscoti is practically biscuit... i mean you just replace the o with u and take off one s~

Eclair is well... A lovely chocolate/any other flavor cream filled pastry! Everybody knows what an eclair is!

Gallete is like a type of crusty/pastry cake... yummmm nommmm

Brioche is a type of french bread...

Ricotta is a type of cheese and Im pretty sure everybody knows that one!

Pannettone (Yukikazes last name~) is a type of sweet bread for new years~ tasty! :)

Franboise (That Gallete reporters name) is a type of berry which is DELICIOUS!!!

Trompette (Millihiores assistants last name) is a type of mushroom!

Vinacacao (Noirs last name) is a type of cocoa bean they use in coffee ;)

Breton (Verts last name) Is a type of thin crepe popular in Brittany XP

Conchiglie (Head of Millihiores Maids in the castle) is a type of pasta shell in the shape of a seashell!!!

Clafoutis (Jaunes last name) is a french baked dessert of cherries!!!

Thats 12 names... Ahahaha must be a pun or the creators love European food cause all of them are from somewhere in Europe, Mainly France!!!

Ok so I know this cause I've read/watched sooo many cooking mangas/animes!!! ahahaha go the power Of Yakitate Japan, Kitchen Princess, Yumeiro Pâtissière and my obsession of food!!!

Anyway Can't wait til next weeks episode :)
MahouShoujoLainJun 14, 2011 8:23 AM
Jun 14, 2011 8:23 AM
Jun 2008
i'm pretty sure there are 13 eps... unless if i'm wrong hah. i bet they found a way to return shinku but there is no way for him to return
Jun 14, 2011 9:12 AM

Aug 2008
I smell drama coming. Those 4 conditions must be to send Shinku back. I wonder what it takes to meet those conditions.
Jun 14, 2011 9:20 AM

Jul 2008
One of these condition might be that if he return to his homeworld then it will be theorically impossible for him to come back which will have him to chose for good between the two world and he'll probably be going back to his own world.
Jun 14, 2011 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
All the budget are gone from animating Yukikaze shaking all the time.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 14, 2011 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
let me guess, they found a way for him to go back. and now she doesn't want him to leave.
Jun 14, 2011 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
Hypno-girl said:
One of these condition might be that if he return to his homeworld then it will be theorically impossible for him to come back which will have him to chose for good between the two world and he'll probably be going back to his own world.
kisami said:
let me guess, they found a way for him to go back. and now she doesn't want him to leave.

Likely the case, both of you. I too think that it'd be too convenient if he can travel between 2 worlds.
Jun 14, 2011 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
Sayonara7 said:
Nice ones! I for one did not know some of them, especially Ricotta. Are you serious? It's a cheese type? ROFL XD
Sayonara7 said:
Thats 12 names... Ahahaha must be a pun or the creators love European food cause all of them are from somewhere in Europe, Mainly France!!!
Strangely enough some of the letters were in French too.
KaitoDash said:
Hypno-girl said:
kisami said:

Likely the case, both of you. I too think that it'd be too convenient if he can travel between 2 worlds.
I would assume that he may get his memories wiped too. I would like it if he has to kiss both Eclair and Millhiore as a condition of love or something along those lines. That would be sweet TBH.

Jun 14, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2008
Sayonara7 said:
It might be tradition for Seven Arcs original Anime to have character names come in set.
Since Nanoha, they have all characters named after cars.
Jun 14, 2011 12:32 PM

Jul 2010
I guess rico properly sad because they have to sent the hero back.
Jun 14, 2011 12:32 PM
Jun 2009
Several cute scenes in this ep the princess on stage singing and the part with eclair blushing on a side note from the end i think this will have a touching ending next episode
Jun 14, 2011 2:00 PM

Jul 2008
Siva said:

Yeah that concert looked pretty bad.
Jun 14, 2011 2:11 PM

Apr 2011
I hope Shinku doesn't have to get his memory wiped to get back home, that would be so lame and make the entire series feel so empty and pointless if it was a condition to go back.

It would be so cool if he could bring Eclair and the princess with him to the real world, just to show them around and that other girl in the real world would get jealous and hilarity ensues. Also, every time Yukikaze was on screen her boobs were jiggling. I guess that was more important than animating Milhi's concert; not that I'm complaining....:p
Jun 14, 2011 2:26 PM

Oct 2010
Omnicloudx13 said:
It would be so cool if he could bring Eclair and the princess with him to the real world, just to show them around and that other girl in the real world would get jealous and hilarity ensues.
Oh my! Rebecca shall be jealous all over.

Jun 14, 2011 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
The little fox is cute.

Nothing else to say.
Jun 14, 2011 3:21 PM

Sep 2010
Taking care of the sword seemed to have been resolved too quickly. Besides that (and the sudden drop in the animation quality when the concert came along), I enjoyed this episode. It felt like it could have been the last episode, but whatever's up with Ricotta is still a mystery. I wonder if it concerns Cinque getting back home or something.
Jun 14, 2011 3:33 PM

Nov 2008
good episode . with nice <3 eclair and the demon slaying / sealing duo. ;D Now onto the 4 conditions.
Jun 14, 2011 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
Everything is back to normal and Milhi and Leo are friends again. Riko was probably sad because they probably found a way for Shinku to go back home.

Jun 14, 2011 4:33 PM
May 2011
I didn't watch this series but I have been keeping track on which episode it was currently on, and Im surprised how fast its ending ( 3-4 days ) and it's done, most of the other anime I know are ending in like late-late June and early-early July (ex; DMWL)
ban1o.jpg
Jun 14, 2011 5:45 PM

Dec 2007
Sayonara7 said:
Lastly am I the only one whose noticed that alot of the things in Dog Days relate to food?

Bisscoti is practically biscuit... i mean you just replace the o with u and take off one s~

Eclair is well... A lovely chocolate/any other flavor cream filled pastry! Everybody knows what an eclair is!

Pannettone (Yukikazes last name~) is a type of sweet bread for new years~ tasty! :)

Franboise (That Gallete reporters name) is a type of berry which is DELICIOUS!!!

Conchiglie (Head of Millihiores Maids in the castle) is a type of pasta shell in the shape of a seashell!!!

Actually, biscotti is a type of almond biscuit originating from Italy, so it can stand on its own here.

There's also Génoise (an Italian sponge cake) and Flognarde (the continent's name, a French crepe), among others. I wouldn't say the is series alone in doing this either. Off the top of my head, both Sorceror Hunters and Galaxy Angel use the food theme for character names. And a number of others run their own silly themes (again off the top of my head, Scrapped Princess is firearms).
Jun 14, 2011 5:57 PM

Mar 2010
Wellp, animes pretty much over, and Cinque is going back home apparently. Ricotta's pretty bummed about it that she even missed the concert D:

I kinda wish he would stay though..but animes like this, they never stay, and they never get the girl, and almost always "forget" or get memory wiped or something. Bah.
Jun 14, 2011 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
Some of you really are trippin, yea he's had a good time, but you are suggesting he leaves his family and friends, never seeing them again for some people he's known for what, about a month?

Only way he's NOT going home for good is if they find some way to bring him back every couple of years or something like that.
Jun 14, 2011 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
What would happen if part of the conditions for getting Shinku back home would be--the wielders of Excelide and Paladion will die?

Now that's something worth getting sad about--to the point of actually missing the concert. ><
Jun 14, 2011 8:45 PM

Apr 2011
The fox reminds me of the PS2 game Okami i used to play.
Jun 14, 2011 10:24 PM

Aug 2010
Oh, the reason for Rico crying could only be one thing... I'm looking forward to next episode big time.
Jun 15, 2011 1:53 AM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Sayonara7 said:
Nice ones! I for one did not know some of them, especially Ricotta. Are you serious? It's a cheese type? ROFL XD
Sayonara7 said:

Ahahaha yerr I was like shes CHEESE!?!? She desn't look like it... She should of been one if the sweet foods!!!

ErwinJA said:
Sayonara7 said:

Actually, biscotti is a type of almond biscuit originating from Italy, so it can stand on its own here.

There's also Génoise (an Italian sponge cake) and Flognarde (the continent's name, a French crepe), among others. I wouldn't say the is series alone in doing this either. Off the top of my head, both Sorcerer Hunters and Galaxy Angel use the food theme for character names. And a number of others run their own silly themes (again off the top of my head, Scrapped Princess is firearms).

Good job for picking up the ones I missed!!! I knew I was missing some... Can't believe I missed Genoise I loveee that stuff!!! And yeah I noticed the food theme in galaxy Angel... It was pretty blatant with names like Mint and Vannila... Though there were better concealed ones like Franboise... yummmm
Jun 15, 2011 2:11 AM

Sep 2009
My favorite scene was definitely Eclair blushing. Loved it.

It would be awesome if Eclair went with Cinque to the human world and to have a season about it (just dreaming).
Jun 15, 2011 2:23 AM
Jul 2008
waw.. the sword that carried by brioche so cool.. like a excalibur..

looks like cinque will back to his world in episode 12..
Jun 15, 2011 2:46 AM

Mar 2009
Great Episode.

Final episode of the series is going to be interesting, they can pull out a fantastic ending or a massive disappointment.

Yes, i also did notice the quality drop on the concert scene, was rather strange.
Jun 15, 2011 4:25 AM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this episode, seemed like a good resolution to the last few episodes.

Think it's fairly obvious the academy have figured out how to send Shinku back. Rico was sad probably not for Shinku so much as for Eclair or Milhi as she seems to be trying to matchmake behind the scenes. Probably because Shinku leaving will really hurt both of them I think.
Jun 15, 2011 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
So what's on Rico's mind now i wonder?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 15, 2011 9:54 AM
Jun 2010
Obvious whats gonna happen. Certain conditions must be met and cause a lot of drama but in the end they are gonna say fuck the conditions and change fate and shit and everyone will be happy.

Overall its been an interesting anime this season and one that has had more depth than the majority. It's a shame it has a rating in the 6's, I think it deserves a bit more credit than that...I mean cmon it has a chibi Holo in it.
Jun 15, 2011 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
That was a better concert than the first one and the fox is so frigging cute.

I'm pretty sure like some people said in this thread that Rico is sadfacing near the end because the researchers found a way for him to go back and probably once he get there, he can't get summoned back again.

Though if that was the case. I know how will this end and I think anyone who are watching this knows it too.
Jun 15, 2011 11:54 AM

Jul 2010
Nice to see a lighthearted episode after all that drama. Droopy ears and Shinku were pretty cute together I must say, but it's way too late into the series for it to really become something lasting.

The whole stage of the concert was pretty neat, although the close ups themselves looked pretty bad animation wise.

KaitoDash said:
Hypno-girl said:
kisami said:

Yup, this is what I expect too. That would really suck though! I wonder how they're going to end it for Shinku and I fear the worst! =(

Jun 15, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
Wait, there was conditions? I don't remember anything about that from the show. We don't even know what is in the note yet - although it is obvious.

I thought they would have brought it up in this episode and i am a little concerned with the 20 minutes they have to do it in.
Jun 15, 2011 4:29 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode... can't wait to see the last one!!

4/5
Jun 15, 2011 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
Ehhh... were on ep 11 already? This ended way too fast :(

Season 2: Shinku returns with Rebecca and Galette summons the champion of the gymnastics contest (Shinku was 2nd) XDD i wish

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 16, 2011 1:22 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It all ends well and most impressive was Brioche in the following,

that exorcism with Yukikaze was amazing! Not only was Brioches amazing with that but what follows after in the spoiler
was really well done despite some other parts lacking quality. I am just wondering as to why did Yukikaze take out that knife and from the way Brioche is in here, did she had to absorb the powers of that cursed sword to kill it with its own power? If that is the case, I understand as to why Yukikaze had to dispel the power surrounding Brioche as it could consume her. Other than that, the beginning of the exorcism started out good with a nice depiction of the sword in the spoiler
that thing is rotten to the core with the way it moves about and that it attacked viciously Yukikaze, whose dodging was nice. Yukikaze's smile was also nice here. The dogs were freaking amazing for having in their mouths a light dagger. Dagger that has been imbued with light elemental force. Lovely exorcism crest being grand and nice blocking within the crest of Yukikaze. I am highly thinking that the crest itself gives off its own protection while you are in it despite the monster being in it also. Most amazing and excellent was the whole sword of light summoning along with all of them planting into the monster in the spoiler
Now that was SFX good.

The end of the episode does leave sad with Elmar as follows,

WTF? Why is she so sad :( and even more so with the view in the spoiler
one thing for sure is that it has to do with the following spoiler
whatever that dog brought her may be from the her researcher friends finding out about a way to send Shinku back. Could it be what she holds can send Shinku back to his home world? IMHO I think the baby fox seeing like a blue sky could have something to do with what Elmar found out. I may be right that this fox may return to earth and was from there originally considering that we can see the mother appearing and running off to only disappear in the spoiler
towards most likely planet Earth. If so then it can return Shinku towards his home.

It looks like their is some friendly competition between Eclair and Milihiore for the dude's affection.
Jun 17, 2011 12:29 PM
Oct 2010
Ahhh so sad, last episode coming up. Well this is just a theory, Rico seemed sad at first earlier on when she hears that there was no way to send a summoned hero home, but the hero had faith in her so she started researching. Anyway, what if she was sad like we just saw because she found out that there is NO WAY to send the hero home and she feels completely helpless or guilty about it. That would be something, i immediately thought "uh oh..maybe he can't go home after all". But, if that is a way to send it home, it more likely comes down to whether or not he wants to return to his world before all this where he mainly had just rebecca to talk to since his family was away, or does he stay with the charming loveable princess, the upbeat yukikaze, and the serious but fun eclair. More or likely i would say he is gonna choose to stay in that world with them because he can't ever forget them and maybe one of the conditions is memory wipe. Either way, even if it wasn't memory wipe and he returned to his home, it's not worth waking up every morning trying to convince yourself it isn't a dream, wishing you didn't leave, and wanting to go back although probably knowing you can't (as another condition)
~ The Blade Children
Jun 17, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2008
Siva said:

And what a marvelous job they did. That was what i was watching(Lets admit it the rest of the episode except the killing of the demon sword was kind of boring). Boing, boing lol!
Jun 18, 2011 9:14 AM

Sep 2008
This anime is longer than 12 episodes, and it certainly hasn't finished airing anywhere. I just finished watching episode 12, and there's another one coming. According to the TV program, episode 13 is probably the last episode.
ap19Jun 18, 2011 9:26 AM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/user/5040721
I'm Japanese, so if you have any questions regarding Japan, feel free to ask.
アメリカ育ちなので、なんか英語に関して質問があれば気軽にどうぞ。
Jun 18, 2011 10:32 AM

Nov 2008
ap19 said:
This anime is longer than 12 episodes, and it certainly hasn't finished airing anywhere. I just finished watching episode 12, and there's another one coming. According to the TV program, episode 13 is probably the last episode.

Ep 13 is the last episode

No wonder it didn't have a conclusive ending.
HoppyJun 18, 2011 10:36 AM

Jun 18, 2011 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
Someone update, Episode 13 is the last episode.
Jun 19, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2010
Siva said:

LOL but yeah, kinda true.

Of all the girls, she's the only one which my eyes find comfortable. xD

Eclair and Shiku definitely made me smile esp. when she blushed.
StormViruzJun 19, 2011 10:24 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

heidurzo - Apr 24, 2011

66 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Dec 23, 2021 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.