Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on series rated 5 and below on the above users list

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Aug 15, 2011 4:19 PM
Mar 2011
just t say hw i worded points 4 and 5 were npt a dead give a way putting Japan first
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 15, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2009
A 5 for Berserk, that's the only I thing i really disagree with you. For the rest, it is quite true/acceptable.
-Fixing-
Aug 15, 2011 9:48 PM
Jul 2011
@Wilio

I agree with almost all of the 5 and under series you have here. Only a few differences.

Afro Samurai- I agree with this, I couldn't see it being anything above average. I actually thought it was below average.

Code Geass- I disagree with this one, but I can understand someone not liking it.

Dragonball Z Movies- Pretty much agree with everything you got here even though you rated most of them lower then I did.

Highschool of the Dead- 4,5, or 6 is proper rating for this show.

Higurashi Kai- I really liked this one, I don't get how it was rated so low.

MArs of Destruction- Pretty much on everyones

Pokemon- I agree with this one too, nothing over a 5 should be given to this series.
Aug 16, 2011 3:27 AM

Dec 2010
Hongo-Takeshi said:
Jack_Rav said:

(((@Hongo-Takeshi: The way you rate is ridiculous.)))

Why is it

Because your 'enjoyment' is dependent on others' enjoyment, and is inherently biased against newer releases.
Aug 16, 2011 3:51 AM

Sep 2010
@Jack:

Elfen Lied: I gave it a 6 cause there were some parts that were pretty good.

Oreimo: I liked it. The series was pretty good it would have been a bit better if Kirino wasn't a bitch 99% of the series.

Seitokai no Ichizon: I found it funny and Ken is awesome. xD

Seto no Hanayome: Probably one of the best parodies I have ever seen since Gintama so I disagree with the rating, but I guess its not for everyone.

Haruhi (2009): Well at least you got past the endless 8 Dx
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 16, 2011 4:40 AM

Oct 2010
Angel Sanctuary: ...Yeah, i kind of aggreed with the score here. I didn'y like the show either and i was just...it didn't grab my attention :/

InuYasha: Tenka Hadou no Ken: I dont think this show was all that bad. I probably would of voted it up a little higher then that.

X/1999: I cant really remember this very well, so im pretty sure this one didn't grab my attention either. And it was alittle too gory for me soo...meh :/

Aug 16, 2011 4:53 AM

Sep 2009
Won't comment on tamachans list becuase she/he just has one rating below 6.

@Roloko

Bleach - Typical shounen, so I can understand your low rating on this. It isn't for everybody

Clannad (Movie) - This does not exist in my world. The show is 10 000 times better.

Eiken - This is a legedary horrible show... Definitely aggree with your rating and I haven't even watched it!

Elfen Lied (Special) - A really unncessesry OVA on a soso show. I understand your rating.

Lucky ☆ Star - Wait, you give Eiken a 2... but Lucky Star a 1?! The only reason I can see that happening is that Eiken is so horrible it has some entertainment

Naruto - Just like the case with Bleach, if you don't like typical shounen shows you won't like Naruto. (Just noticed that you got KHR in your signature... oh well)
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Aug 16, 2011 6:16 AM

Jun 2009
@Lambo-Kun:

Ookami-san - I thought it was okay. Nothing spectecular, but nothing horrible either.

Fate/stay night - One of the most annoying male leads in anime history. I only rated it slightly higher.

Seitokai Yakuindomo - Oh boy. I'm pretty tolerant and tend to avoid dropping shows as much as possible. And I usually give a show like half a dozen eps to make a final decision. But this was just crap. As in, comlete garbage. A five is too high.

A-Channel - bland, generic and pretty boring SoL. I gave this a five, too.

Devil May Cry - Yeah, this sound about right.

Umineko - Dropped it at the halfway point, when things started to get just too ridiculous.

Railgun - I disagree here. Liked it better than Index (which I think is funny, since we rated both seasons of Index exactly the same). But then again this might be because I think Mikoto rocks. The yuri undertones helped, too ^^

ZnT - I actually thought the first season was decent (I don't mind KugiRie tsundere chars). So this score is a bit low imo. The other seaons became boring and stupid because it was just the same thing over and over and over again.

Vampire Bund - Dropped it. Though not because I thought it was THAT horrible but because I tried to watch it while it aired but I hate doing this (and that's why I never do it). With just one ep per week it just seemed pointless and I had no motivation to continue like that. And now I'm not interested enough to pick it back up.
grandy_UiDAug 16, 2011 6:34 AM
Aug 16, 2011 6:52 AM
Mar 2011
Rizelmine- i agree
K-ON![ also agree
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)- no filler so i can not mark this down
Kannazuki no Miko - i agree
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Aug 16, 2011 7:38 AM
Jul 2011
Cowboy Bebop-I disagree.Great characters,some nice action and awesome soundtrack.
Monster-Again I have to disagree.A very good anime with one of the most interesting bad guy(Johan)
Dragon Ball GT-Agree
Love Hina-Well I don't really like Harem,Ecchi so I agree with this one.
Naruto-2 would have been better:p
Astro Boy-Agree
Aug 16, 2011 7:51 AM

Aug 2011
@ 0_raitei_0

Blood-C- it's CLAMP, what would you espect?

Claymore- Seriously? Claymore is actually good. REALLY good. But, whatever. I can see how someone would not like it. Fan service and stuffz.

HOTD- yeah, it's not that good.

Code Geass has a 6. You dropped it, yet all of shows you're watching have a 6 or less.

I hate CG, and I think it deserves less. I would love to know why you dropped it, maybe the reasons are the same has mine :D
Aug 16, 2011 8:43 AM
Mar 2011
0_raitei_0 said:
Cowboy Bebop-I disagree.Great characters,some nice action and awesome soundtrack.
Monster-Again I have to disagree.A very good anime with one of the most interesting bad guy(Johan)
Dragon Ball GT-Agree
Astro Boy-Agree

Resd sig before commenting

i rate that whty cause its frree from Biased c

Aug 16, 2011 9:08 AM
Jul 2011
Hongo-Takeshi said:
0_raitei_0 said:
Dragon Ball GT-Agree
Astro Boy-Agree

Cowboy Bebop had no impact on the industry really??
Btw how exactly do you find impact on the industry by a anime?
Why does studio which produced the anime matter?
@Tiago97
CG-Lots of things one of them being the entire romance thing brought into the anime.Someone suddenly suffering from amnesia .Suzaku.I found him pretty annoying.
Aug 16, 2011 9:14 AM
Mar 2011
0_raitei_0 said:
Hongo-Takeshi said:
0_raitei_0 said:
Dragon Ball GT-Agree
Astro Boy-Agree

Cowboy Bebop had no impact on the industry really??
Btw how exactly do you find impact on the industry by a anime?
Why does studio which produced the anime matter?
@Tiago97
CG-Lots of things one of them being the entire romance thing brought into the anime.Someone suddenly suffering from amnesia .Suzaku.I found him pretty annoying.

Bebop impact on the industady in Japan was low to middling
and little to No wider Pop culture impact and its tv ratings braly got over 9.65 of averidge

Aug 16, 2011 9:28 AM
Jul 2011
You still didn't tell me why the studio matters?
From what I can see Bebop is really famous in the West.
Btw imo you shouldn't rate a anime after a careful analysis of it's impact on Japanese culture and what not.You should simply ask yourself the question 'Did I enjoy this anime?' and rate accordingly.
Raitei_DonoAug 16, 2011 9:33 AM
Aug 16, 2011 9:36 AM
Mar 2011
0_raitei_0 said:
You still didn't tell me why the studio matters?
From what I can see Bebop is really famous in the West.

theres a lot of Studio Loyalty among fans every were so that comes it to how much Impact the Studio had on the industry

Aug 16, 2011 9:39 AM

Sep 2009
I'm skipping Hongo-Takeshi since he/she won't comment on other peoples lists.

@ 0_raitei_0

Blood-C A very ireggular show. Amazing fightscene combinedwith horrible, horrible Slice of Life parts.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai - This is my favorite show this year tied with Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Since it's a very character-driven show, I guess you didn't like the characters.

Hishschool od the Dead - So bad it's good in the dictionary should point towards a picutre of this show.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - Almost instant drop for me. Didn't like the premise, didn't like the charcters.
"I don't believe in a lot of things but I do believe in duct tape!"

Aug 16, 2011 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
Lambo~

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - Indeed, not great at all.
Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu - thought this was pretty damn funny in places, better than a 5 at least.
Sailor Moon - Same as me, don't remember much about it as it was in our childhood, I'm going to rewatch one of these days.
Angel Beats!: Stairway to Heaven - Agreed Unnecessary
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Like the rest of SZS I loved this. D:
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt - Indeed, not as good as everybody seems to think it is.
Seitokai Yakuindomo - SOme of it was funny but repetitive jokes ftl.
Higuraszhi Special - Not very special.
A-Channel - Not the best but certainly not a bad SoL, I especially loved the OST.
Clannad: Another World, Tomoyo Chapter - I really liked this although the manga "Tomoyo Ever After" was much better.
Hen Zemi - OVA was better but some of this was really funny, gross but funny.
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2 - Indeed, 'twas crap.
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - The arcs were good fun, i mean crazy chick in a mecha v Biribiri was epic.
Zero no Tsukaima - Meh.
Clannad (Movie) - What was so bad? I liked the series more obviouisly but the film was nice.
walktheplankAug 16, 2011 9:49 AM
Aug 16, 2011 9:45 AM

Aug 2011
0_raitei_0 said:
You should simply ask yourself the question 'Did I enjoy this anime?' and rate accordingly.

Best sentence I've seen in this forum. (slight exageration)

@Lambo-kun

I basically don't know any of the shows you rated below or 5.

Next person can skip me, if they want too.
Aug 16, 2011 9:50 AM
Mar 2011
Lambo-Kun

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan 2- agree
Sailor Moon- i could not dissagree more
Zero no Tsukaima-agree
Air in Summer-anything air are take or leave in my eyes

Aug 21, 2011 1:36 AM

Aug 2009
@Hongo-Takeshi

InuYasha - Yup, gave it the same score. I thought it was one of the most contrived shows I've ever seen.

Karigurashi no Arrietty - aww I liked this one. It's not really the most action-packed movie coming from Studio Ghibli, but I thought it had a pretty decent story that's more chill in tone. Ah well.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - Heh, I think I can understand why you gave it a 4. I've come to appreciate the FF series over the years, but FFVII for me is the thing of the past. Liked it back then, but this movie soured my view of it. I did like the fight sequences, but that's probably the only few good things about it.

Toradora - Shame you didn't like this one, but I guess the type of romance it had wasn't your style.

Code Geass R2 - Agree with you on this one. As a whole, I hate the Code Geass series. But that's probably just me, though.

There's a bunch more I could've listed that I'd agree/disagree on, but it'd probably be too much, so I guess this'll do.
Aug 21, 2011 1:42 AM

Apr 2008
Geass - ehh, i won't start a flame war with this. You have your opinions and i will respect that.

Akikan - crap. totally agree.

Bleach - Hmm, i can understand this one. I haven't watched since 300-ish.

Eureka Seven (i know a 6 but) - FINALLY, i can just ignore the geass rating and totally appreciate THIS! Everyone i know gives it 9's and 10's it's totally crap. Hated the main characters, the plot was lacking and good characters got pushed aside.
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Aug 21, 2011 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
@ webkid94

Naruto- Agreed. Way too much filler and way too cliche.

Asura Cryin - I remember a lot of people hating this show when it first came out (when I watched it). I could never really understand why everyone had such a huge hate for it. I mean, it wasn't a great show, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says it is. What made you rate it so low?

Akikan - I gave it a 6 or a 7, it's understandable this show is rated low. Typical harem with a pretty bad plot even for harem standards.

Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer - hmm...I wouldn't say it was that bad, but it definitely was a huge drop off from the series.
Aug 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Dec 2010
@Meh_93

Maria-sama ga Miteru specials: Can't really get much higher than average, can they? They're cute for the minute they last, but that's about it. Agree.

11eyes: I only need to read the synopsis/genres to understand this particular rating.

Seto no Hanayome: Again, I agree with you here. (I gave it 4) It just didn't click with me; 26 episodes was painful with the ol' typical romantic development right at the end (basically).

Naruto: You got out of this series early. XD I got out even earlier by not watching it at all. :)

((Other comments: 100% agree with S;G score, so far, and pick Madoka from your on-hold list...you should enjoy Kino no Tabi...and just watch Monster because I tell you to okay? :D ))
Aug 21, 2011 12:20 PM

Jun 2011
K-ON! and K-ON!!- Both are understandable. Moe comedy isn't for everyone.
Haruhi (2009)- Endless Eight is understandable for hate
Toradora! SOS- All they do is talk about food. How is this funny?
IllegalCyrusAug 21, 2011 12:23 PM
Aug 21, 2011 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
@elitsu

Bokusetsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Understandable. The humour is a specific type and can get old pretty fast, plus the overall setup and cast is pretty retarded as a whole.

Highschool of the Dead - Has moments of potential mixed in with plenty of shit, so a 5 average is about right. An 8 for the OVA though? What the fuck.

Rozen Maiden - I can see why some people wouldn't like this, although I personally find it entertaining to watch a whole bunch of dolls beat each other to pieces.

Saikano - Overly melodramatic at times, plus it felt somewhat unfinished and incomplete.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - It's overrated, stupidly popular and has suspect quality sometimes, but a 1 is just retarded.
Aug 21, 2011 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
@Seasonreaper

Baka to Test: It's not the greatest comedy like some say, but I liked it. Second season is worse, tho

Kamisama Dolls: Boring and lame for me; dropped at ep 1

Lucky Star: Again overrated; not one of the best comedy or parody series I've seen, but twas decent.

A-Channel: Agreed. That was bad. Plus a good number of jokes were the same as some in Astarotte's Toy...
Aug 21, 2011 2:03 PM

Aug 2009
@Seasonreaper

Yosuga no Sora - Your score's now low enough :P

Hayate no Gotoku - I thought it was pretty funny gave it a 6, though it kinda got old towards the end. I think the 2nd season is better anyway.

Ore no Imouto - Aww I thought it was pretty good, some good comedy and cast of characters. But eh, don't really have a problem with the score you gave it.

Highschool of the Dead - I was pretty forgiving about this show, but I can understand why you gave it that score. Tits and zombies pretty much sums it up xD. Honestly, this show would've been better without the shitty fanservice. But sadly, that's what a lot of people want.

@Adam-R

Kiss x sis & Hoshizora - Yup, we both gave it the same score. Incest at its finest, I guess. Ugh. As for the other one, garbage.

Hidan no Aria - Agree, and I think it's probably the worst shows of this year, Blood-C's not too far behind.

Rio Rainbow Gate - Couldn't even stand 5 minutes of the first episode.

dietmangoAug 21, 2011 2:06 PM
Aug 21, 2011 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
@dietmango
Digimon: Our War Game-what? You gave this a 5 but Summer Wars a 10? They're practically the same movie, except Digimon is more epic mostly cus they do it on a dial up. Sure, they didn't do much character development during the movie, but the series had kinda done it all already.

Digimon: Digital Monsters-part of this is nostalgia for me, but I did rewatch it a few years ago, it's still a good show if you ask me, bit too long though.

Inuyasha-yeah, I remember the first season being ok but getting annoying afterwards. Takahashi has gone so downhill after Maison Ikkoku if you ask me.

Pokemon movies (various)-yeah, they make me nostalgic, but yeah, they're all pretty bad.
Aug 22, 2011 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
@fallenknightfakir

Kodomo no Omocha - Ugh, wierd ass show. Still see stuff for it being sold in various shops inn Akiba.

Hell Girl - Really? From what I've heard its a fantastic series. Then again I've never personally seen it.

Kikis DS - Whaa? How? Such a heartwarming film, even if its just about a teenage witch delivering the mail.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Another whaaat? Maybe not as great as everyone makes it out to be but still a good movie, definitely not "average".

Code Geass, Whisper of the heart, Mononoke-hime - Okay now you're just trolling. They may be ovverated but they're still fantastic films/series. Definitely not worthy of the 4 you gave them.

Mars of Destruction - How is this not a 1?

Eden of the East, Evangelion, Grave of the Fireflies - How in the F*** did you give these lower scores than Mars of Destruction?? Your ratings have been invalidated.
Aug 22, 2011 1:34 PM

Dec 2009
@Jrittmayer
Lol u seem to like everything I have watched ;)

Let's see Naruto? Is it really a 1? The episodes I have watched (which isn't many) are not that bad to deserve a 1 O_o

I will make a little exception here and comment on your sixes we share more of those ;)

Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!: A 6? I understand that it didn't deliver as much as the first season. But it was still pretty damn hilarious xD

Ookami Kakushi: THIS I can agree on... I was myself so hyped up for another Ryukishi work. But it seems that every new title that comes out it gets worse O_o
Aug 22, 2011 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
@Sir_Lexa

Sailor Moon SuperS - Ha, when I was a kid, I didn't like Sailor Moon, but most of my friends were addicted that I often got roped into watching. Years later, I don't know I'm kinda interested in checking it out and see if my perspective of it has changed since.

Pokemon Rise of Darkrai/Jirachi - Yup agree. The only good thing about the Pokemon movies is nostalgia.
Aug 22, 2011 2:11 PM
Jul 2011
@dietmango
Afro samurai-Agreed.I didn't even bother finishing it.
Blood+ I really liked blood+.Amazing soundtrack though it did get a bit boring in the middle still...
Death Note-Well you haven't given it any score but you have dropped it.I disagree with you on this one I absolutely loved it great characters,compelling plot and a very good soundtrack to boot what more do you need?
All DragonBall Movies-Yup agreed.
Aug 22, 2011 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
Anohana- Someone else who didn't like it.
Felt really weak and overhyped for being one on the best anime of 2011.
HotD- Lol fanservice and people consider it good.'
BEWB PHYSICS
IllegalCyrusAug 22, 2011 2:39 PM
Aug 22, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
@IllegalCyrus

Clannad and Clannad AS: U give Clannad a 5? Isnät that Nagisa in your avatar? ;)
For me Clannad has it all. Comedy, Awesome story, awesome art and animation and incredible tear-jerker moments.

FLCL: To be honest, I have probably overrated this myself, but I LOOOVE random comedy so :)
Aug 22, 2011 2:58 PM

Jun 2010
@Sir_Lexa
I haven't seen any of them except Ookami Kakushi
Don't remind me of terrible shows, okay? :P
but yeah, that show could've gone somewhere, but it just went back home.
Aug 22, 2011 2:59 PM

Jun 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
@IllegalCyrus

Clannad and Clannad AS: U give Clannad a 5? Isnät that Nagisa in your avatar? ;)
For me Clannad has it all. Comedy, Awesome story, awesome art and animation and incredible tear-jerker moments.

FLCL: To be honest, I have probably overrated this myself, but I LOOOVE random comedy so :)

It's Yui Hirasawa from K-ON!
But now that I see it.... HOLY SHIT THEY LOOK ALIKE.

Pokemon movies- It's pokemon past Johto, they won't be that good.
Darkrai was even a badass in his movie sadly IMO.

Ninja'd
HotD OVA- From the clips I saw of it. Just looks like a anime porno.
Shuffle-Saw the first episode, hated it, moving on.
FMP- Mechs and comedy. Why you hate?
IllegalCyrusAug 22, 2011 3:02 PM
Aug 22, 2011 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
@IllegalCyrus
-Ano Hana-I agree with your comment and rating on it.
-Clannad- agreed again! Exactly as your comment too. Hype/characters weren't that good.

-school days- same. I just skipped to the ending...maybe if the other fans haven't spoiled it for me and just told me to stick through it...
Aug 22, 2011 5:01 PM

Jan 2008
@taro_sado

AnoHana - Sure, it's melodramatic and has some pacing issues, but a 5 seems a bit too harsh.

Chaos;Head - A little too high in my opinion. It's such a huge clusterfuck.

Clannad - Really? The Fuko arc sucks balls for sure, but the subsequent arcs are pretty well done, plus the ending of the first series is rather well done.

Code Geass - Once again, this seems a little too harsh. I'd understand a 4 for R2 because that was a mess, but the first season deserves more than this. It's still horribly overrated though.

Elfen Lied - Seems about right. Does some things wonderfully, but others really aren't very good.

Escaflowne - I can't actually remember this well enough to comment, since I watched it years ago.

Fractale - Pretty much spot on.

Gungrave - I think this deserves higher than a 4. Sure, the segment from episode 16 onwards was silly and didn't fit in with the rest of the show (although it was linked to the original game), but the first half and the ending are both fantastic.

Gunslinger Girl - Sorry you couldn't appreciate good character development.

Higashi no Eden + movies - Agreed about the movies, they weren't very good. The series had plenty of potential but the ending leaves a lot to be desired, plus the movies really don't help that.

Samurai Girls - Too high. Only good thing is the art style.

Ikkitousen - Too high. Shit sucks.

Mars of Destruction - Why is this a 4? It should be either maxed out at a 2, or a 10 for hilarity sake. There is no other options.

Panty & Stocking - The marmite show of the decade. Understandable.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Really? A 3? The ending is a bit messy and could've been handled better, but the rest of the film is pretty solid.

Voices of a Distant Star - For it's length and considering how little it has to work with, I find it rather damn good. Could be a little too melodramatic for some though.

Wolf's Rain - It seemed to climax around episode 20 or so, but then carried on. What. Still, it was damn good up until that point, so I'm not sure what justifies a 4.
Aug 22, 2011 5:15 PM

Aug 2011
@Seasonreaper

HOTD- understandable.

Soul Eater- I don't really see how this deserves less than a 7.

Beelzebub- 1? U sirius, broski? I mean, I know it has fillers. Bad fillers, at that. But from what I saw it's actually good.

CLAMP in Wonderland- I haven't seen this, but it's CLAMP. Don't even dare expecting anything from them.

CG R2- for me almost everything about Geass sucked.

Elfen Lied- I've seen the first 10 minutes of this bulsh*t, and it had about 4 plot holes. 10 FREAKING MINUTES, DAMMIT!

Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo- hahaha, I've watched this. It's not on my list for obvious "I'm 14" reasons, ya know, right? Stop censoring hentai, @ssholes!
Aug 22, 2011 7:18 PM

Feb 2010
For the next user, feel free to take a look at the explanation for my scores if they seem too low.

@ Tiago97:
I've only seen one of the anime you've rated at a 5 or below, so I won't have much to say. However, the score for Code Geass is unjustified as it's a mecha anime designed for people who don't like mecha anime, something I myself would know. To elaborate, unlike shows where the main focus is on the robots, Code Geass merely uses the Knightmares as another military vehicle. That isn't to say combats revolving around them don't exist, but the plot is advanced more by what happens on foot than it does in the cockpit, the latter being a convention of mecha anime that, understandably, is a shoe-horn method for continuing the narrative.

However, I see you're still new to anime in general. With enough time, maybe a little more refinement can be seen.
Kyouko_AyaseAug 22, 2011 7:58 PM
Aug 22, 2011 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
Jack_Rav said:
@Meh_93
((Other comments: 100% agree with S;G score, so far, and pick Madoka from your on-hold list...you should enjoy Kino no Tabi...and just watch Monster because I tell you to okay? :D ))

Waiting for the Blu-Rays for Madoka. I was going to watch Monster this summer, but I'm not gonna have time. I'm leaving for college on Fri and I'm going to finish season 1 of Saint Seiya Lost Canvas then try and finish Welcome to the NHK. Prob won't get thru all that, but I gotta try cuz I'm going to be very busy for the first few weeks in college
Aug 22, 2011 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
@Akito_Kinomoto

5 cms per second: No, I thought it was a very beatiful and touching movie.

Azumanga: I'll have to give another no here. The characters were funny and likable imo.

Code Geass R2: Yeah, I agree. Not a super fan of this one.

DBZ: I think your 5 is a very generous rating, I hate this show with all my heart.

Grave of the fireflies: Once again, just no. Ghiblis best movie imo, and one of the few animes that made me actually cry.

Howl's moving castle: Yeah I know this is getting repetetive, but what can I do, it's another no from me. Very enjoyable and interesting movie imo.

K-ON: Yup, I agree this time. Nothing really happens and the characters doesn't make up for it since they are rather uninteresting.

Naruto shippuuden: Yeah, not as good as the original, I agree.

School days: An anime where every single character (without exception) acts like a slut or a retard. How can I not agree (even though I gave it a slightly lower score)?
Aug 22, 2011 10:31 PM

Apr 2010
@ HydraA

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu : Thats a real shame. I personally found it to be one of the funniest series in modern times with great hilarious scenarios (albeit with rather cliche characters). I could understand not liking it that much but really, a 2 is harsh, espeically when you give crap like Kampfer and Minami-ke higher scores.

Code Geass S2: Nothing really to say, that seems bout right

FF Advent Children : Indeed a very poor show. Confusing, bad villains, and just an overall boring tempo. Aside from some somewhat interesting CG fight scenes, its really quite bad.

Full Metal Panic: God I hated this show, glad you found nothing special in it either.

Gintama: Overrated series for sure. Its too damn long.

Kampfer: 5 is far to generous

Disgaea: Hmmmm ya it wasn't that great. I just liked it because I loved the games.

Rosario + Vampire: Yesss!!! One of the least funny shows I've ever seen, with terrible characters to boot. Not worth anyone's time.

School Rumble S2: Geesh comedies don't get it easy in your list do they? (ok cromartie got a high score... but not finding cromartie funny is some kind of sin I think) Anyways, I'll admit the series got really bad near the end of this season, but for what its worth... I think the first 5-10 episodes had some of the funniest scenes I've ever seen.

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Hmmm I liked the beginning of this series (when it was only about Index) but then got bored after about 6 or 7 episodes. Overall a pretty bad show and 4 seems like a decent grade.

Zero no Tsukaima: Annoying characters, annoying situations, overall a really annoying show.
Aug 23, 2011 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
@Leingodf8 Of the anime we have both seen;

Appleseed ( 2004 ) - Possibly a bit harsh to give this a 5, the CGI Appleseed had a more focused story than the original 1988 anime, it had good pacing, the designs were faithful to the source, and it had decent voice acting.

Dragonball GT - I agree with your 4, it stripped away everything that made Dragonball Z fun, introduced inferior antagonists, and even brought back the old villains to make a mockery of them. Weakest of the Dragonball saga.

Final Fantasy Advent Children - Another harsh 5, admittedly the plot might seem strange to those unfamiliar with the original game story ( which was superior but would have made a much longer film ) But its not hard to work out where everyone stands, the action scenes are excellent, the visuals lush, and it was more enjoyable than the rather bland Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

Green Green - This probably deserves the 4 you have given it, it's a show that divides.

Love Hina - Its not a patch on Tenchi Muyo! but it's not bad, still you have at least rated it above Green Green with 5.

Negima! - A 4 ? In spite of the poor reviews i had read, i found this was much more harmless and fluffy than i was expecting.
Aug 26, 2011 4:06 PM

Jun 2009
@Danzivar:

MD geist: for as bad as it was, i thought it was awesome lol

x/1999: deserves much lower than a 5.

tekken the movie: only saw bits and pieces of it, it looked awful

yu-gi-oh the movie: looking back on it, it wasn't as good as i thought it was.

dragon ball GT-like X/1999, it deserves it's rating
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Aug 26, 2011 4:13 PM

Jun 2011
School Days- This anime sucked due to BLOOD AND GORE AND CHEATERS.
I'm not gonna watch some shit characters for some blood and gore.
HotD OVA- PORNO WITH ZOMBIES. BEWBS BEWBS BEWBS.
Aug 26, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2011
School days - is and always be sucks.

FLCL - i enjoy this very much and give it 10 , coz it's so much fun , random , soundtrack is godly , and top notch animation even though it was made in 2000 , it could shame another recent anime

@below me
you can pick the one with 6 rating , because it's as bad as to me 5 , i just being generous.
Aug 26, 2011 6:16 PM

Sep 2010
@azzyzx:

Only one I see is School Days. I didn't put it on my completed list seeing as how I got bored after the first episode then skipped to the end and laughed my ass of. So yeah a 3 should be about right. I did like Kotoha or whatever her name was though she is cute. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 26, 2011 6:24 PM

Aug 2011
@Roloko

Naruto- besides tedious fillers, clichés and generic shounen crap, Naruto is good 'nough.

Bleach- IKR? It's full of crap, Plotkais! in every battle, trolling, etc. Worst fillers I've seen.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

68 by JaniSIr »»
4 minutes ago

» Your favorite furry anime character?

Ex-Aid - 2 hours ago

6 by Chronon »»
5 minutes ago

» what characters are you the biggest apologist of ?

ame - Oct 5, 2023

22 by Jackof-allspades »»
14 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 3 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

104 by Hiiranokakera »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime with better sequels than the original

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

7 by Nirinbo »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.