Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2008 3:13 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Earth cult seems to have become a non-issue since their last outing. Rubinsky on the other hand really has been taking center stage in his behind the scenes machinations. Lang is really in over his head by trusting Rubinsky and thinking he could be the number one ruler of the galaxy.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Nov 25, 2008 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
The first part of the episode was so funny to watch, when the admirals were summed to attend artistic shows with the Kaiser agains their will.
I was quite surprised to see Reuenthal seriously taking into consideration the possibility to rebel against Reinhard in his thoughts ! Where are his respect and loyalty gone??
Lang is such an irritating character to plan the Empire fall for a personal grudge against one man, I really hope he will get what he deserves.

Jun 1, 2009 7:36 PM

Oct 2007
I lol'd so hard
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2009 4:01 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Lang sure is a greedy old coot. He will go down hard later I suppose.
Feb 13, 2010 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
Bittenfeld. Smiling. Hillarious.

Not only that, but the scene where each of the admirals is trying to get the other to go with Reinhard on these outings cracked me up a good deal.

Still, it wasn't enough to get rid of those feelings of unease from Lang and Rubinsky's plan to isolate Reinhard. I hope the powers that be do something about this situation.
Jun 30, 2010 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
blue_hitomi said:
The first part of the episode was so funny to watch, when the admirals were summed to attend artistic shows with the Kaiser agains their will.
I was quite surprised to see Reuenthal seriously taking into consideration the possibility to rebel against Reinhard in his thoughts ! Where are his respect and loyalty gone??
Lang is such an irritating character to plan the Empire fall for a personal grudge against one man, I really hope he will get what he deserves.

Well he probably thinks along the lines "If he is weak enough to get manipulated than it may as well be me manipulating him".

Anyway an interesting episode that really showed the complexity of doubt very well. As soon as it's there nobody can know if the other people fall for it or not, which inspires more doubt etc..
On to the next :)
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 23, 2010 1:21 PM

Jan 2010
not a very interesting episode,first part was fun :)
so reuenthal is really up to something

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 14, 2011 8:51 PM

May 2010
This episode is win!

Also, what are you doing Reuenthal!!??

That fat actually thought he could control the universe? Does Rubinsky always drink?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 22, 2011 5:34 AM

Feb 2010
Yes, the first half is comedy gold.

Metty said:

Hilarious!
Aug 12, 2011 3:52 AM

Jan 2010
"There was no fistfight at the opera house." Well, he has a point there, haha.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Dec 20, 2011 7:28 PM
Feb 2011
Lol at the admirals passing duties of going places with the Kaiser around. Bittenfield was hilarious.

fucking rubinsky...
Feb 13, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2009
I can't tell if Bittenfield actually liked the opera or not...

One thing I am sad in.
Mecklinger is one of the most physically imposing Admirals, I have felt.
Yet he has gotten so little screentime.
Mar 15, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2010
This episode was a nice setup for things to come. Next episode looks like things are going to get spicy
May 7, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
That departure scene at the end was slightly ominous after everything that's happened, people saying farewells to their fiancées and such. Then again, the narrator didn't butt in to say that this was the last time X and Y spoke or anything. I'm guessing the scene was equivalent to the narrator saying "The trip wasn't going to be as smooth as everyone expected.". Showing farewells almost always means that it's not self-evident everyone will come back.
May 27, 2012 9:00 AM

Feb 2012
Best comic relief in the series. And for a second Bittenfeld had me convinced that he actually likes ballet.

I love how intricate and foolproof Rubinsky's plans are: rather than relying on mistakes and missteps from Reinhard and Reuenthal (i.e. two people who don't make many of them), he corrals them into courses of action that are, by Reinhard and Reuenthal's own design, very rational and well thought out. Rubinsky is Lang's puppeteer, but he can't hope to ever pull the strings of the likes of Reinhard and Reuenthal -- so he has to settle for simply writing the script of their own puppet shows.
Aug 6, 2013 11:32 PM

Jun 2013
I hope Reuenthal doesn't do anything stupid.....
Sep 30, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2009
Surprised that Hilda hasn't responded yet . . . I kind of thought that she knew she loved him . . . Plus she herself probably feels that he needs a wife, but oh well. Anyways I wonder what is going to happen, Though I get this horrible feeling that Hilda and Reinhard will never see each other again (guessing that Hilda, while visiting Reinhard's sister, will get killed by Terraists)
Aug 11, 2014 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
"There was no fistfight at the opera house."

LOL. Comedy in this series was something I was least expecting, but there's been quite a lot across the series and it's pretty much always on point. The conversations between Dusty, Walter and Oliver are especially great.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 15, 2014 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
Pirating_Ninja said:
Surprised that Hilda hasn't responded yet . . . I kind of thought that she knew she loved him . . . Plus she herself probably feels that he needs a wife, but oh well. Anyways I wonder what is going to happen, Though I get this horrible feeling that Hilda and Reinhard will never see each other again (guessing that Hilda, while visiting Reinhard's sister, will get killed by Terraists)

If Hilda and Reinhard won't ever see each other again I'm pretty sure the narrator would've made sure to spoil it ;)
Mar 14, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
I like how this is progressing. I can't wait to see how all this is going to unfold when he arrives on Heinessin. I also like that he's building two more fortresses.
Mar 14, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
xAvengerx said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

If Hilda and Reinhard won't ever see each other again I'm pretty sure the narrator would've made sure to spoil it ;)

True, like he has for every other major event.

You've been saying a lot of true things on all your comments.
Apr 11, 2015 10:13 PM

Sep 2014
So many death flags. If the narrator wasn't so helpful, I'd think everyone would be dead soon.
Jun 4, 2015 1:42 PM
Nov 2014
I wonder what the fuck will happen now ? Reuental heel turn ? xD.
Jun 21, 2015 1:22 PM

May 2012
Lovely development and I do wonder what her answer will be when he comes back and hopefully if he comes back!).
Jul 24, 2015 5:49 AM

Dec 2013
Bittenfeld''s face made me laugh XD
Jun 24, 2016 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like Hildegarde has finally clear all her doubts about Reinhard's marriage proposal...I thought they was going to drag this out beyond belief, so that's good.
Dec 26, 2017 10:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
if Rubinsky is under all, Reinhard will end this travel badly!!!
Feb 26, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2016
I feel so bad for Reunthal he and his power complex... I hope the narrator is wrong this time no please be wrong, we don't want to lose another great character, but come to think of it how can we finish 19 episodes without fighting :(
May 19, 2018 5:58 AM
Apr 2018
So are Rubinski and The Earth Cult's plans the exact same? Both want Reinhard to visit Reuental and for Oscar to turn. The Earth Cult want him dead whereas Rubinski doesn't care either way. That's the only difference I can find.

Reuental is thinking about it too. I can't see his own people turning against Reinhard anytime soon though unless something major happens.

Oberstein knows that Lang is meeting Rubinski...But as of yet he's doing nothing to stop it. Or is he? Dominique is so damn stunning. Rubinski's latest hideout was even crazier than the first two.

Bittenfeld's face was hilarious! The admirals trying to get out of all these activities was so amusing. Loved it.

I get the feeling that Lutz won't be coming back alive. Speaking of that why doesn't the fortress honour Steinmetz or Kempf?

Power rankings:
1) Empire. I was thinking of splitting them in two already as Reuental's betrayal will be soon.
2) Julian
3) The Earth Cult
4) Rubinski. I dropped him down a place because Oberstein is now onto him.
4) The Goldenbaums.

MVP: Bittenfeld. Hilarious throughout.
Nov 12, 2018 9:00 AM

Feb 2017
With all the unease and potential betrayal bubbling right beneath the surface, I'm really looking forward to seeing Reinhard's sister again. With her calm composure, she always knows the right thing to say. Hopefully she will tell Hilda what she needs to hear (again).
Nov 25, 2019 6:15 AM

Oct 2012
Bittenfeld lol

Oh no, this seems like a dejavu
I just hope the history won't repeat itself

There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Reuntal won't rebel
He's already thinking about it
Rayl1ghtNov 25, 2019 6:19 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Nov 2016
Poor admirals, dying from boredom seems more horrifying than during battle and it's not as honorable.

Pretty great episode, imo LotGH is best when it focusses on schemes outside the battlefield.

Giant death flags at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2019
Tense episode. And poor Bittenfeld.

Pirating_Ninja said:
Surprised that Hilda hasn't responded yet . . . I kind of thought that she knew she loved him . . . Plus she herself probably feels that he needs a wife, but oh well.

She's just afraid of him not loving her in return.
Dec 28, 2020 9:49 PM
Jun 2017
I smirked at Bittenfeld's fake excitement. That's totally unlike him, I'm sure it was the worst torture possible.

It was also fun to see all the other admirals tossing around the burden of accompanying the Kaiser on those petty shows. I'm sure Mecklinger would be more than eager to do so.

So Oberstein is now the target of Lang and Rubinsky in the far future. I still worry about that personnel choice of Lang, he is as dangerous as Fouché. In any case, I still don't see that a death flag can be raised for him... yet.

I hope what Bittenfeld said about the fourth admiral isn't some sort of foreshadowing. We already filled our share with Muller's remark. Even so, I had to painfully mark a raising death flag for Lutz. Everyone knows that fiancees increase the risk of death for the military as nothing else can.
Sep 4, 2021 2:27 PM

Dec 2018
why did the empire not continue investigating the earth cult after seeing the assassination of yang? why are they so damned oblivious to the fact that there are shadow players pulling the strings? they seem to say "yeah, well that sucks" and not do anything about it. and if they're so concinced that weird fatty is visiting whats his face (i'm bad at remembering names) why not, oh idk, follow him?
Jan 27, 2022 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
Feorg said:
That departure scene at the end was slightly ominous after everything that's happened, people saying farewells to their fiancées and such. Then again, the narrator didn't butt in to say that this was the last time X and Y spoke or anything. I'm guessing the scene was equivalent to the narrator saying "The trip wasn't going to be as smooth as everyone expected.". Showing farewells almost always means that it's not self-evident everyone will come back.

As soon as I saw him wave goodbye to his fiancee I was all like "Death flag acheived"
Mar 11, 2022 8:39 PM

Dec 2021
Bittenfield is a hilarious character , he was flabbergasted not getting invited to the voyage with Kaiser

im getting convinced Dominque is Oberstiens spy
Jun 26, 2022 5:53 PM

Dec 2007
i'm finding it hard that all the "pawns" aka reunthal and reinhard actually falls for lang aka rubinsky aka earth cult plans. the over dramatic ending where reinhard leaving phezzan, the fact the narrator doesn't says anything spoilering, and the fact that, again, one of the admirals sees his wife/fiance before leaving. it's all very suspicious of the things to come.

on the other hand, if the plan of lang aka rubinsky aka earth cult, will succeeds, i dunno how LOGTH will make more than 15 episodes where the events are foreshadowing like this.
for an idea, i'm always telling myself that - if one party is telling the plan that the viewer can hear it, from beginning to end, it's guaranteed to fail. only if it was secretly planned it will go as planned and even a twist.

so - i wonder how LOGTH will surprise me now.
this episode and the tense it creates by simple "chess" pawns political psychological battle, is truly what makes LOGTH masterpiece!
Jul 31, 2022 7:24 AM
Jun 2022
Good episode. It was nice seeing Reinhard doing something in his free time. Who knows how long this young ruler has done anything other than war in the past 4 years of his journey. Nice.

Some heavy plotting goin on. Rubinsky with his usual great scheming, Oberstein in cold and calculating form and Reuenthal having his doubts. Thinking about it, that may be a excellent time to grab power, if he truly wants it. Reinhard is showing signs of weakness and doesn’t even have a heir to his throne. Let’s go Oskar, coup de tat this blonde brat!
Dec 19, 2022 3:53 AM

May 2018
Rubinsky slowly becoming more relevant. Let's see how he's going to fail for good this time
Feb 19, 2023 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
Hilda still undeciding really makes a significant effect on Reinhards character and behavour in general, hes getting a little bit bored being in charge of the galaxy it seems.

The whole bringing admirals to cultural and artistic events was really fun and interactive when being discussed in Mittermeyers meeting

Rubinsky seems to be back but only either him or Lang might fully succeed in their ultimate plan
Aug 28, 2023 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 12, 2023 2:05 PM

Aug 2019
Why do I feel like Reinhard is going to die soon...

EDIT: To be clear, I know why I feel this way. Too many red flags are popping up, but why is it happening? It should not be.
bucciestSep 12, 2023 5:34 PM
Mar 7, 2:37 AM
Dec 2018
Well, Reenthal's coldness is what distinguishes him. Reenthal thinks that Reinhardt wants to betray him and punish him, but this is unjustified behavior because Reenthal is very loyal to Reinhardt.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.