Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
GAH!!! I knew Dio was going to come back some way or another, but he just needs to die already! D:

What I did not know was the girl at the beginning. At first I was like who are you? Then as Jojo said it I was like wow I'm slow! XD
Dec 12, 2011 1:06 AM

Jun 2009
I figured it out as soon as she appeared.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 28, 2012 7:22 AM

Feb 2008
I accidentally misread 3 days later as 3 years later and wondered why Speed Wagon's arm was still broken. Derp.

Yeah, it was obvious that it was Erina. Who else would tend his wounds like that? Doctors/nurses are scums. They don't care for their patients. Also looks like Speed Wagon will be the comic relief character I guess.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 15, 2012 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
That scene between Erina and Jonathon was painful, especially Speedwagons reactions.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 1, 2013 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Also looks like Speed Wagon will be the comic relief character I guess.

Yeah, I agree with you. He was such a bad guy, but now he's shameful lol
Apr 21, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
Dio is back ! >:D
Apr 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
Mar 28, 2015 8:12 AM

Aug 2014
asume5 said:
Speedwagon cooly withdraws

That made me laugh.
Apr 10, 2016 1:21 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Whoever thought Dio would be dead...

4/5
May 6, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
""Speedwagon withdraws cooly"
GET THIS NIGGA OUT OF HERE ALREADY!! xD
Nov 10, 2016 6:42 AM

May 2008
Speedwagon is killing it for me. And Erina is back as well as Dio, unfortunately.
Dec 18, 2017 6:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Dio is alive!!!! it was a surprise!!!
Feb 14, 2018 3:22 AM

Jan 2018
Speedwagon totally killed me "Speed wagon withdraws cooly", I wonder if he'll ever develop more as a character or is he always going to be the same Commentating-Mr.Obvious kind of character?!

Apr 29, 2018 9:22 AM

Feb 2017
Speedwagon with more expert commentary.
May 9, 2018 7:20 AM

Dec 2015
Oh boy, Speedwagon is a walking exposition smh...

And Dio is alive!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2018 10:01 AM

May 2016
Even though he's aware that he couldn't do much for Jonathan's condition, he's determined to give him emotional support to restore his will to live once he wakes up because of him losing everything he once knew and loved.

Erina being in that hospital at that exact time after spending 7 years outside of the country truly was fate in action. Her cold demeanor wasn't the best first impression but she was super stressed out and busy saving JoJo's life at the time. I'm really happy that even after what happened with Dio, she returned at the time where he needed her the most. Erina grew up to be super beautiful too *Speedwagons cooly out of here*

If that greedy bastard Chen Long didn't scavenge the ruins of the Joestar Mansion for that damned stone mask and left Dio to rot, Jonathan's selfless act of bravery wouldn't have been for nothing...

Dec 2, 2018 4:26 AM

Feb 2013
Jonathan needed Erina and she's here!
Lol, Dio is still alive.
Sep 4, 2019 2:40 AM

Jun 2016
Even though I do see some Speedwagon hate within the threads here on MAL, I know that he is quite the beloved character and I'm already understanding why. As a likeable comic relief who has flaws and benefits the story in such a great way as being a walking narrator, I totally get it. I take it he's the kind of guy could write a book on Jonathan once he passes away. He sees so much good in him and he's there to describe all of the monumental moments of Jonathan's life to the audience. I'm sure he would be amazing at putting that into a book. I particularly liked how we first saw him with his allies who Jonathan fought on Ogre street, it was nice to see them again just this time allies of Jonathan by proxy of Speedwagon. I feel him falling off of the wagon as an attempt to shoulder has pain out of consideration for Jonathan shows that he can be overeager. He’s not quite the invincible machine that Jonathan is yet he tries to pull his own weight and be strong. Seeing him try to climb clumsily with that cane was also endearing. The moment that Speedwagon really got me on his side though was when he announced to himself that he was leaving “coolly” in third person. Like with his “I bet you are wondering who I am, well I will tell you, I am the interfering Speedwagon!”, I get the vibe that this is the kind of guy who really loves what he does. I bet he announces his own mundane life to himself, it's a little self-indulgent, but I feel he loves it and he does this all the time and who can blame him for that. It’s awesome to have a meta reasoning for why the narrating character is such a narrator when normal people wouldn’t be yelling about what’s going on so much. He also showed consideration for Jonathan past face value, even though he was so happy that Jonathan was okay he gave that moment to Erina and Jonathan. :)

So enough about Speedwagon. Out of sheer coincidence Erina was Jonathan's doctor, and she tended to him without sleep for 3 days. She was protective over him when Speedwagon came by. She has shown that her feelings have not faded and she was utterly grateful that he was okay. Jonathan may have lost a lot, but through losing everything in that battle with Dio he has made a friend in Speedwagon who would probably give his life for Jonathan, as did he reunite with his childhood love. Jonathan has already shown an ability to resolve himself and continue moving forward, but more than that through immense loss his gained some things too.

Now of course, Dio’s resurrection. That was well done. It made me consider the fact that Dio was alive as hurt as he was down in the ashes of the mansion. The fact that even if he was so hurt he was in a state like that yet not dead means that perhaps even if the poison seller did not come looking for the mask Dio would have been okay. His brain was not destroyed even if it's body was shrivelled and mangled and burnt it was still able to live on and perhaps the potion seller purely sped that process up. I liked it because it was logical from what we knew and the cheesy zombie hand out of the rubble directly into the poison sellers wrist was great. He has been rejuvenated and he has made a zombie. More importantly, he is now out in the world with the ability to destroy it by creating a zombie apocalypse and if you recall when Jonathan beat him human-to-human in a fight he killed Danny. I am positive he will go looking to ruin everything that Jonathan still has and has made from this encounter. I am worried that Dio could use the mask to create other people that are as strong as him but what that would do is create a situation where he could lose his leadership and his status of being above others. I'm not sure if he would do that yet if that could happen it would be scary!
Nov 24, 2019 12:07 AM
Jul 2018
Jonathan and Erina reunited after all these years, while Dio came back from the dead for the second time.
Jan 27, 2021 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
lol
Speedwagon is really unique.

After 7 years, Jojo finally meets Erina, but looks like this wasn't the ending of Dio
Nov 8, 2023 6:32 PM

Apr 2020
They both deserve each other, I envy them.

Hi again Dio!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 44 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Apr 4, 2010

41 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 8:10 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 43 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

15 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 41 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

15 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:54 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 38 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

17 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:49 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Chapter 35 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Sep 28, 2012

20 by wallus81 »»
May 6, 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.