Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2008 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poplan's escape was hilarious. He's going to get himself killed one day and it won't be by an enemy pilot.

It's a good thing Julian managed to get his disc back. I would've been disappointed if it wasn't retrieved since they haven't even explained what was on it yet. I want to know if the information contained will be of any significance.

With the upcoming operation to retake Iserlohn I'd guess that whatever happens will include the mystery thing Yang left behind. He mentioned it once to Julian but what it actually is was never revealed.

Rubinsky's return isn't welcome but he may provide Yang with some breathing room if he's able to incite strife in Reinhard's inner circle. It's really cheap tactics but he's got the power to do little else.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 20, 2008 11:25 PM

Feb 2008
Lot's of questions in this one (lot of stuff happened!)

- We still don't know what exactly is on that disc, of Julian's.
- Where does Julian plan on going?
- What's the rumor Rubinsky is spreading?

I figured we'd see Rubinsky return at some point, what timing ... the Imperial Fleet sure seems to have everything at their fingertips, but it looks like everything is about to crumble for them.
Jan 2, 2009 7:49 AM

Apr 2007
This is definitly one of the funnier episodes of the series. The bit with Poplan making his escape reminded me of the first episode of Orguss.
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
May 21, 2009 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
Poplan, its bad enough that you sleep with every girl out there but can youplease leave wives alone. Also, nice speech you made there Yang
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
Yang's "speech" made me LOL. Classic Yang.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
I really laughed @ Yang "speech* lol what a funny guy..

& I wonder what the rumor will be about..
Nov 17, 2009 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
I'm more looking forward to finding out what Yang left on Iserlohn. I don't think it would be like him to have left some death trap to kill the imperials there, so what would let him recapture the fortress easily?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Dec 15, 2009 1:45 PM

Dec 2008
Yang's "speech" and Poplan's escape were two of the funniest moments in the series.
Jan 16, 2010 5:28 PM

Jan 2009
That speech clearly defined who Yang was; in fact, it was even better than that one he gave on Heinnesen before setting for Isserlohn.

Now Yang and company set off for Isserlohn once more, to get their bargaining chip for Phezzan. I wonder how they'll fare under a far more unfavorable situation... if Bucock doesn't have anything to say about it.
Jan 23, 2010 2:20 PM

Apr 2009
oh Iserlohn, here we go again
Oct 25, 2010 1:31 PM

Jan 2010
epic episode :D

Poplan is such a playa lol :p
also yang's speech was epic and i really liked the way that the blonde FPA commander died,now that's manly :)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 5, 2011 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
...Is it just me or was that Koyasu Takehito playing the dark-haired guy in a grey sweater in that Drakur bar? o.o

Best moments of the episode: Poplan being Poplan xD, Yang's forced smile and Attenborough's reaction...and then the speech xD Oh God, he never ceases to make me laugh.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Aug 25, 2011 8:26 PM
Jun 2011
Haha...the fake smile was really funny...I'm still chuckling when I think about it.
Dec 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Aug 2009
No one has even mentioned the funniest part of the episode yet! It went something along the lines of:

"The Silent Admiral who snaps his fingers once for coffee and twice for whiskey enjoyed either one or two cups of coffee for the entirety of his campaign."
Jan 20, 2012 12:22 AM

Sep 2009
sdtbl13 said:
No one has even mentioned the funniest part of the episode yet! It went something along the lines of:

"The Silent Admiral who snaps his fingers once for coffee and twice for whiskey enjoyed either one or two cups of coffee for the entirety of his campaign."

I found that pretty funny too.
Takes a second to get it though and it passed by rather quickly.

....OH POPLAN.
-siiiighs-
Feb 11, 2012 4:59 PM

Aug 2010
sdtbl13 said:

Haha
Mar 30, 2012 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
I can tell with that speech that Yang means business.
Sep 1, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
probably the funniest ep so far, Yang was awesome
dont like Poplan, hes probably the least interesting character in the series imo but he was kinda funny this time
Aug 3, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
LOL at the forced smile Yang made when the camera was filming him!
Sep 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2009
This can't end well for El Facil. I mean even if they capture Iserlohn, so what? They have a good fortress, but that won't stop the Imperials from taking over El Facil. And then from their who is to stop the Imperials from just creating multiple, moving, Iserlohns? I mean sure that would take a long time, and a great amount of money, but the resources that Yang has are extremely limited. For that matter Reinhard could probably just constantly siege Iserlohn until the forces inside collapsed from exhaustion of fighting a war that would quite literally never end.
Jan 10, 2014 3:00 AM

Sep 2013
Interesting. Yang is suddenly about to get quite an army behind him. I can see where this is leading.

On a side note, I fucking love the S3 ending. It fits this show to the T. This show has really good OP's and ED's as a whole, also. This ED is probably my favourite along with a certain Gintama ending.
Aug 8, 2014 5:00 PM

Nov 2013
THE SILENT ADMIRAL.

What the hell is with him? Does he point and snap his fingers when directing battle too?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 11, 2014 5:35 PM

Mar 2012
Poplan is such a manwhore.....
Dec 19, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
This 2nd half has been very enjoyable so far but I must have missed something or didn't pay attention. How come the Alliance have ships after Empire won the war? Didn't they order to destroy the Alliances fleet?

I didn't know where to ask, so...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Mar 6, 2015 4:49 PM

Aug 2014
I wonder how in the world they are going to recapture Isherlohn fortress again? It would be bullshit if they just used the same strategy as last time. hopefully they will think of a new and complex strategy this second time around.
Jun 2, 2015 1:55 AM
Nov 2014
Need more Reinhardo in screen xD. That was a classic Yang's speech lmao.
Jun 16, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2012
Lol that speech xD that sure was direct to the point :p
Jul 13, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
Seeing Poplan run like that made me laugh. Also that was a very Yang like speech XD
Oct 16, 2015 5:21 PM

Nov 2012
vedatsvet said:
This 2nd half has been very enjoyable so far but I must have missed something or didn't pay attention. How come the Alliance have ships after Empire won the war? Didn't they order to destroy the Alliances fleet?

I didn't know where to ask, so...

Yeah it is a bit odd thatt the empire would let the alliance hold onto any more ships. They pretty much could have avoided any sort of mesurable counter for for against them for the most part if they just had most of them destroyed immediately afetwards. But I guess you have to take into consideration all the people that went with merkatz , and also Markatz basically trying to recruit pretty much anoyne that had ships left? Probably no way the empire could find all of the leftover alliance ships afterwards given they're in unfamiliar large territory probably decent number of people with alliance ships could be in hiding.

Reinhard's eventually going to have to directly oppose Yang agaiin, especially now since he's going to try to take Iserlon back. I think yangs original plan was to eventually get to the point where he could challenge the empire, but he seems fairly flustered now since everything is happeneing way ahead of time and having to make quick descions.
Apr 14, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode. Yang is the best :')
And I love the ending theme.
Jun 21, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
That silent Admiral seems like a cool guy, he even had to change his usual drill because he saw how scared his subordinate was xD.

10/10 for that speech Yang.
Oct 28, 2017 9:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Well, Bucock strategy to help Yang and saves the Alliance was inteligent!!!
Dec 29, 2017 10:57 AM

Feb 2015
I can't wait for the El Facil thing to go full circle.

Also nice speech... :D
May 13, 2018 5:12 PM
Apr 2018
Eisenach getting two coffees instead of whiskey was very funny. He's the silent admiral. That's why I've paid him little attention I guess.

Yang's speech and Dusty laughing at Yang's smile was amazing too.

So Yang has to team with El Falci, though he doesn't quite trust them yet so there are still seven rival factions in the show and not 6 as I don't call this a union just yet.

Now onto the real good stuff the return of the legendary Rubinski! Yes! Perfect timing! But I'm scared about the rumour. It's something that will cause a rift in the empire.... What a better way to do that than reveal that one of Reinhard's highest admirals is sleeping with the grand daughter of the former Prince Litchenlade.... I hope I'm wrong.
Oct 18, 2018 3:56 PM
Apr 2018
I think I missed something: When the alliance left Iserlohn they "hide" bombs, that they hoped the Empire would find, and something else but, what was it?
Oct 19, 2018 11:34 PM

Jun 2013
SaiDrew said:
I think I missed something: When the alliance left Iserlohn they "hide" bombs, that they hoped the Empire would find, and something else but, what was it?

It would be revealed in episode 70, so I would not elaborate further than that. But suffice to say, the purpose of the bombs in Iserlohn was to act as a diversion to prevent something else left in the fortress from being discovered.
Oct 20, 2018 2:18 AM
Apr 2018
MagisterArcanum said:
SaiDrew said:

It would be revealed in episode 70, so I would not elaborate further than that. But suffice to say, the purpose of the bombs in Iserlohn was to act as a diversion to prevent something else left in the fortress from being discovered.

Oh, perfect then, I haven't missed anything. Thx.
Nov 7, 2018 7:43 PM

Feb 2017
I hope Yang and Frederica have a marriage as long and as happy as the Bucocks'.
May 15, 2019 4:33 PM

Jul 2008
sdtbl13 said:

Can someone explain that one?
May 17, 2019 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Ero-Camel said:
sdtbl13 said:

He's actually asking for whisky when he snaps his fingers twice, but his subordinate mistakes the two snaps for two cups of coffee
May 17, 2019 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
MrxJeffy said:
Ero-Camel said:

He's actually asking for whisky when he snaps his fingers twice, but his subordinate mistakes the two snaps for two cups of coffee

So I guess he doesn't punish the new guy because the mistake was his own for using a flawed system where there was room for mistakes?
Nov 16, 2019 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
Damn Rubinsky just said indirectly if you have news broadcaster background you should have experience in manipulating public opinion
Well he's not wrong but in that day and age, people already realized it huh

Seems like El Facil leader is no different than the usual, a "bad political" leader
They only think of themselves and immediately run when things turn bad

Back to Iserlohn Fortress huh
Can't wait.. I hope Yang can make another "miracle" xD
Rayl1ghtNov 16, 2019 11:42 PM
"Signature removed"
Dec 30, 2019 8:04 AM

Nov 2016
I couldn't stop laughing when Poplan escaped from that angry husband haha.

Yang was pretty great too and so eloquent xD

Also nice to see Rubinsky again.

But for now I'm mostly looking forward to the recapture of Iserlohn.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2020 10:07 PM
Jun 2017
To be honest, I saw many death flags rising on this episode. Three, to be precise: Bucock's, Poplan's and Yang's. The three of them are now in a very perilous situation, though, as someone else said over a decade ago, Poplan is more likely to be killed by an enraged husband than by an enemy pilot. Anyway, he is too reckless for his own sake.
Also, Yang is very likely to be killed in a tear inducing scene, maybe even covered in the FPA's flag, just to uphold his principles. A very noble death that would diminish its pathetic dimension. Yang will die thanks to his blind faith in democracy.

Rubinsky! It was very good to see him back. He isn't finished off yet, and I'll assume that the Earth Cult isn't either.

Finally, I couldn't help but feel bad for Commander Bucock. He deserves to be happily living with his wife, not commanding a last-line-of-defense fleet. That scene when he is reminiscing his moments with her was heartbreaking.
Jul 3, 2021 12:50 AM

Mar 2020
Yang's speech was so inspiring xD
Also that poplan scene
Aug 24, 2021 4:58 AM

Jul 2016
smokes said:
oh Iserlohn, here we go again

I have been waiting for it. Time to see what the secret he left behind is.
Jun 7, 2022 3:56 AM

Dec 2007
this all episode screamed that the next war doesn't going to be smooth conquering for reinhard. though i believe the alliance pretty much screwed up lol.

i thought when will rubinsky return. i think though that his plan might not work so much. just have a hunch.

wonder if reinhard would guess yang next movement, he may try to prevent yang conquering isserlohn.
cannot wait to see what kind o trap yang had putted there.
Jul 21, 2022 7:23 PM
Jun 2022
Another good setup episode. You gotta love great old Bucock, he’s awesome and quite honorable. I get a feeling we won’t see him anymore in the near future. One of Alliance’s best.

Also, can’t shake off the feeling that Yang is vert uncomfortable with this whole situation. Sure he was ok with living out the rest of his days in retirement peace.
Dec 11, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2018
Poplan is brave for invading enemy territory every night...
Jan 19, 2023 4:59 AM

Aug 2018
That Yang's speech is everything yoy could ask for from his character, can't believe Iserloth is gonna be attempted for another takeover.

Julians disc appears to be one of main intrigues and mysteries so far, wondering how will that be used in the upcoming plot development.

Rubinsky still seems to be holding around, I wonder if he even has any sort of power, since he seems to be so easily replacable if he comes out of hiding. His attempts to get on good terms with Reinhard wil most likely foil, due to his lack understanding of Kaiser's personality and capabilities.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

61 by ELuck42 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

604 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 30, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tainteddonut - Jun 4, 2008

160 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 82 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 2, 2008

431 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 29, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 30, 2008

140 by Unkrowned »»
Apr 28, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.