Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2010 4:00 AM

Jan 2009
People, I'm not saying he's gonna join for sure. But knowing Oda, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

His history/personality/appearances don't decide if he's going to join or not.

That he's ugly could provide for comedy, I could totally see him staying.

Besides, the Strawhats don't have a Logia-user yet =D
Nov 11, 2010 4:37 AM
Jun 2008
I could see the kraken join ;-P he would be great in defending the ship while the strawhats are on land
Nov 11, 2010 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
So we got "underwater" currents explained and all, after that; out of the blue the seacow appears(Arlongs former member/pet) And haha for first time Chopper said it before Brook was about to say "wow, you don't even have skin" haha, really good. No chapter next week? :(

Nov 11, 2010 6:26 AM

Oct 2010
Jesuvius said:
People, I'm not saying he's gonna join for sure. But knowing Oda, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

His history/personality/appearances don't decide if he's going to join or not.

That he's ugly could provide for comedy, I could totally see him staying.

Besides, the Strawhats don't have a Logia-user yet =D

True, given that Luffy (As well as the rest of the crew) can supposedly handle Logia users now, a Logia user in the group would not mess up the power order between the Strawhats. And it's not like he's the first member that tried to destroy the SH from within.
Nov 11, 2010 8:21 AM

Apr 2010
weeee,,, sad kraken wahaha..
hmmm i guess caribou will scared when he used the haki 0g luffy
l0l s0 exciting.. T_t
Nov 11, 2010 8:44 AM

Nov 2008
Jesuvius said:
So Luffy wants a giant Kraken pulling Sunny-go? No doubt he can pull it off.

yeah especially now that he has that animal control haki lol
Nov 11, 2010 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
suigetsu00 said:
Jesuvius said:

Totally forgot about that! Good call :D
Nov 11, 2010 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Krayt said:
that was pretty lame. and no one piece next week? why? -___-

Because Oda likes to create cliffhangers then have his fans wait.

lol its a holiday next week
Nov 11, 2010 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
Jesuvius said:
suigetsu00 said:
Jesuvius said:

Totally forgot about that! Good call :D

lol thank you :D
Nov 11, 2010 12:08 PM

Mar 2009
Luffys new wanted poster. Nice. :P
The question is, how many extra zeros ( 0 ) are there behind his head. :P

His smallest bounty increase is 667 000 050

I was hoping more zero though.

(If you look at chapter 604 page 20 at the bottom you see this).
Nov 11, 2010 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
^lol wat
that page is all in Japaneese
Nov 11, 2010 3:04 PM

May 2009
Znote said:
Luffys new wanted poster. Nice. :P
The question is, how many extra zeros ( 0 ) are there behind his head. :P

His smallest bounty increase is 667 000 050

I was hoping more zero though.

(If you look at chapter 604 page 20 at the bottom you see this).

That's the whole crew's bounty altogether before the flashback.
Nov 11, 2010 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
WHATTTT, nooooo. No One Piece next week? ;-;

And lol at the "mystery sea current"
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 11, 2010 5:45 PM
Nov 2010
I don't think Luffy is going to recruit Caribou into the crew. Luffy is the one who decides who joins the crew and it seems like he doesn't even like Caribou xD lol

Hmm...I don't think that Luffy will tame the Kracken next chapter either. I mean...it's probably going to drag along with the Fishman Island story. Like they get past it...arrive at Fishman Island, some other story line for this arc is gonna pop up and then they somehow get the Kracken. O__o

Aaaand -sad face- no chapter next week >__<
Nov 11, 2010 8:02 PM

Jun 2007
DA KRAKEEEEEEN!

ohoho awesome!
Nov 11, 2010 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
THA MOTHAFUCKIN KRAKENNN BITCHES. finally.. always wanted this

FUSHIGINA UNDERWATER CURRENTS!!!!

awesome.

all of the straw hats have a toremented past of some sort and i really think thats lacking in caribou. also he totally suck so i doubt he'll join.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2010 9:47 PM

Jan 2008
Wow...all the stuffs about the water current are really well-explained, though I choose to skip it. Luffy still pop out weird ideas like taming the monster to pull the ship. I guess it is just his nature but the idea sounds thrilling.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Nov 11, 2010 10:36 PM

Jan 2010
Nnnooooooo !!!!! two weeks without "One Piece" and was enough delay for a month but since the best parts will leave you for another week

Nnnoooo !!!!!. Better kill me and resucíteme in two weeks and the wait will be less !!!!!!!!
Nov 12, 2010 3:35 AM

Mar 2010
Hahaha, lol~! I love Luffy's ideas~ <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2010 9:49 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Caribou = new member?

Nov 12, 2010 3:54 PM

Nov 2009
K0S-M0S said:
Caribou = new member?

No way in hell Caribou to be next member. The Kraken on the other hand has a much better chance to join as a pet.
Nov 13, 2010 3:18 AM

May 2010
Caribou is forced to stick with the crew for a while now, unless he can find some way to quit or stay at Fisherman's island. It's going to be the same as the Kraken, some kind of temporary "ally" for the arc before moving on. Caribou has a crew already, and is definitely looking "too" cruel to stay in (after all, we already got Zoro as a "heartless monster", but put in a much more appealing light than Caribou ; and Nico Robin only killed because of her need for survival, so comparison to these two is pretty irrelevant).

It's much more likely the next Strawhat will be a fishman/woman we haven't seen yet.

(but, well, still, I'd laugh my ass of if Caribou joined the crew. Especially cause that would make him the second highest bounty of the crew . . .)
Nov 13, 2010 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
"So mysterious sea currents exist, huh" Oh how I've missed lines like that from Usopp, Luffy and Chopper XD
Nov 16, 2010 6:45 AM
Nov 2010
Caribou is too much of a loser to join the crew. There's just no way. I don't think the new member is going to show up until they get to the New World.
Nov 17, 2010 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
I find it weird how people say "he doesn't have a sad enough backstory" or his "reasons for killing are wrong".

First of all we've never seen his backstory, so wth? Also, maybe he's bad now but sees the error of his ways.

Nobody has a clue what's gonna happen, this is Oda after all
Nov 17, 2010 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
^dude stop)
there were tons of characters that are pretending to be a crewmember though Oda dissed them all ( perona Boa etc) you think he'll let this dude join? xD

lets stop this xD
Nov 17, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2010
smokes said:
^dude stop)
there were tons of characters that are pretending to be a crewmember though Oda dissed them all ( perona Boa etc) you think he'll let this dude join? xD

lets stop this xD

Robin joining the crew was also as spontaneous as the fires of hell but it happened (With a backstory to be seen years after her introduction). And I find it funny that your examples of people that failed to join the SH do not include Vivi.

The only thing that keeps me from being sure that Caribou will join the crew is that so far he has not uncovered his real job within his crew (why were there 2 captains in his crew?). If it's something the SH don't have, I consider him in.

Jesuvius said:

^This.
Nov 17, 2010 1:46 PM

Aug 2007
Zalxoras said:
smokes said:
^dude stop)

lets stop this xD

Robin joining the crew was also as spontaneous as the fires of hell but it happened (With a backstory to be seen years after her introduction). And I find it funny that your examples of people that failed to join the SH do not include Vivi.

The only thing that keeps me from being sure that Caribou will join the crew is that so far he has not uncovered his real job within his crew (why were there 2 captains in his crew?). If it's something the SH don't have, I consider him in.

Jesuvius said:

^This.

Its always pointless to mention Vivi in a debate about crew members since she never joined the crew.
Nov 17, 2010 2:46 PM

Oct 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:

Its always pointless to mention Vivi in a debate about crew members since she never joined the crew.

And Perona or Hancock did. They did, yet Vivi didn't. What you say doesn't make sense. We aren't even talking about crew members, but about would-be crewmembers.

I'm not claiming that Vivi joined the SH, but I cannot understand how Boa or Perona could be considered as possible crewmembers (on Smokes's post) whereas Vivi can't.

Anyway we were talking about Caribou here. No need to get off-topic.

XylokoposNov 17, 2010 2:49 PM
Nov 17, 2010 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
smokes said:
^dude stop)

lets stop this xD

No sir, you stop.

If I feel like bringing up the option of Caribou joining, I will. It's not like I'm hoping he will, I'm just saying at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

He's original in him being Logia (which the Strawhats don't have). He has a unique and outspoken personality.

Fact that he kills means nothing (Zoro, Robin), fact that he has a crew means nothing (Franky had his Franky Family, Sanji had his restaurant and for all we knew his crew is dead) and it's really dumb to say his past isn't tragic enough: we don't know his past!
Nov 17, 2010 3:36 PM

Oct 2010
Jesuvius said:
smokes said:
^dude stop)

lets stop this xD

No sir, you stop.

If I feel like bringing up the option of Caribou joining, I will. It's not like I'm hoping he will, I'm just saying at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

He's original in him being Logia (which the Strawhats don't have). He has a unique and outspoken personality.

Fact that he kills means nothing (Zoro, Robin), fact that he has a crew means nothing (Franky had his Franky Family, Sanji had his restaurant and for all we knew his crew is dead) and it's really dumb to say his past isn't tragic enough: we don't know his past!

Respect. I don't need to stay in this discussion anymore, everything I wanted to say has been said. See you in a week.
Nov 17, 2010 4:09 PM
Oct 2009
Jesuvius said:
I totally think Caribou is gonna join.

Read this ( http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Caribou ) and then tell me if Caribou fits into the crew? He's a psychopath.

Hypothetically, Caribou could join the crew under two condition:

1. After a really long arc where he sees the error of his ways and becomes "good"

2. He is mistakenly invited aboard, only to be a future traitor (akin to Edward Newgate adopting Marshall D. Teach as his son)

Option 2. would be interesting... but I think unlikely.
fly_8659Nov 17, 2010 4:12 PM
Nov 17, 2010 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
I think it's pretty apparent that Caribou was added into the manga as an example to show that Luffy can take on Logia users now.
Nov 18, 2010 1:15 AM

Apr 2009
dunno.. he's too cruel-ish for the crew..
we need someone that will add some humor to the crew..

if thinking by your logic, anyone they encontered could be the crewmate -_-
Nov 18, 2010 3:30 AM

Jan 2009
smokes said:
dunno.. he's too cruel-ish for the crew..
we need someone that will add some humor to the crew..

if thinking by your logic, anyone they encontered could be the crewmate -_-

Anybody who's strong and has a unique personality.

Also, only a few of the crewmembers were actually funny upon their introduction -.-* Think about Zoro, Nami, Robin, Franky and in the very beginning (where Caribou is now), Chopper.

He's already been seen doing comedic stuff, by the way

flyscan said:
Jesuvius said:
I totally think Caribou is gonna join.

Read this ( http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Caribou ) and then tell me if Caribou fits into the crew? He's a psychopath.

Hypothetically, Caribou could join the crew under two condition:

1. After a really long arc where he sees the error of his ways and becomes "good"

2. He is mistakenly invited aboard, only to be a future traitor (akin to Edward Newgate adopting Marshall D. Teach as his son)

Option 2. would be interesting... but I think unlikely.

Yes I'm thinking option 1. Franky used to belong to a group of thugs and thieves, and Robin was Crocodile's right hand in an assassination organization. While these might be less bad, Oda's inspiration was Dragonball and Dragonball was all about redemption (Vegeta used to kill for fun).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but the more I hear people yell "ITS IMPOSSIBLE" the more I think Oda would go for it =D
Nov 19, 2010 1:08 AM

Jan 2008
Well, the reason I don't think he's going to join is because I think he was portrayed as mediocre. I mean, Luffy and the crew have JUST come back from training. They kick MAJOR ass. This guy comes in and doesn't impress at all. Wow he can kill people. Wow, he's a logia user. We've seen people with logia abilities. Now THEY are impressive. As a mediocre logia user, I doubt he has a place in the amazing newly formed mugiwara crew. Secondly he doesn't reek of uniqueness like everyone else in the crew. Yeah, his powers might be unique, but just about every fruit users power is unique. His personality just doesn't fit right now. Now I mean, there IS a possibility that he might join, but there's a possibility of ANYONE in One Piece joining. We've seen a bunch of pirates turn good. Hell, some even turn marine. But I just don't see it happening Caribou right now.

Your Vegeta response. Vegeta was Goku's equal. He was strong. He became Goku's rival. There's backstory between the two. Now if Sabo turns up and ends up being a bad guy, killing people and such, that would be more comparable to Vegeta and Goku. Well, there's my 2 cents.
Nov 19, 2010 3:48 AM

Jan 2009
MistaCloudStrife said:
Well, the reason I don't think he's going to join is because I think he was portrayed as mediocre. I mean, Luffy and the crew have JUST come back from training. They kick MAJOR ass. This guy comes in and doesn't impress at all. Wow he can kill people. Wow, he's a logia user. We've seen people with logia abilities. Now THEY are impressive. As a mediocre logia user, I doubt he has a place in the amazing newly formed mugiwara crew. Secondly he doesn't reek of uniqueness like everyone else in the crew. Yeah, his powers might be unique, but just about every fruit users power is unique. His personality just doesn't fit right now. Now I mean, there IS a possibility that he might join, but there's a possibility of ANYONE in One Piece joining. We've seen a bunch of pirates turn good. Hell, some even turn marine. But I just don't see it happening Caribou right now.

Your Vegeta response. Vegeta was Goku's equal. He was strong. He became Goku's rival. There's backstory between the two. Now if Sabo turns up and ends up being a bad guy, killing people and such, that would be more comparable to Vegeta and Goku. Well, there's my 2 cents.

I'm not saying he *is* Vegeta, I'm saying in manga there's room for redemption -.-*

Also, we don't know how strong he is. We also don't know how strong let's say Chopper is. We know he's a rookie with a bounty higher than 100 million, so that's gotta mean something. Also, he probably let Sanji hit him to go unnoticed.

And that's what I keep coming back to. It's way too early to say stuff like "his backstory isn't interesting" or "he's not strong enough" or "his personality doesn't fit".

All I know is that he's got an interesting power (that doesn't appear overpowered), he's been shown to do comedy and he's on the ship.
Nov 19, 2010 2:42 PM

Jan 2008
I know. You used Vegeta as an example. But there was a ton of back story on Vegeta. You said Oda's inspiration is Toriyama? Well, DBZ and One Piece is tons deeper than creating a random killer who's out to murder the strawhats for prestige to join the crew.

And the thing is the fact that he didn't impress from the start IS saying something. I remember being impressed in some way or another, by all the crew members. Robin and Franky were portrayed as bad people, but the strength, air and mystery about them were something to be impressed by.

To show Caribou's strength AFTER Luffy, Zoro and Sanji beat the hell out of 2 Pacifistas in one blow each means nothing. Robin blew up a ship and Franky beat up Ussop. There are little things that Oda does that show us exactly what he's planning. We might not realize it until later, but I'm pretty sure that Caribou is gonna get beat the hell up. I say this just as sure as I was when I said the fake Luffy was going to get beat the hell up. At most, Caribou might turn good, but not join the crew. I can almost guarantee this. I'd put money down on it.
Nov 20, 2010 9:40 AM

Jan 2009
MistaCloudStrife said:
I know. You used Vegeta as an example. But there was a ton of back story on Vegeta. You said Oda's inspiration is Toriyama? Well, DBZ and One Piece is tons deeper than creating a random killer who's out to murder the strawhats for prestige to join the crew.

And the thing is the fact that he didn't impress from the start IS saying something. I remember being impressed in some way or another, by all the crew members. Robin and Franky were portrayed as bad people, but the strength, air and mystery about them were something to be impressed by.

To show Caribou's strength AFTER Luffy, Zoro and Sanji beat the hell out of 2 Pacifistas in one blow each means nothing. Robin blew up a ship and Franky beat up Ussop. There are little things that Oda does that show us exactly what he's planning. We might not realize it until later, but I'm pretty sure that Caribou is gonna get beat the hell up. I say this just as sure as I was when I said the fake Luffy was going to get beat the hell up. At most, Caribou might turn good, but not join the crew. I can almost guarantee this. I'd put money down on it.

Dude, we hardly knew any of the backstory for Vegeta prior to him coming to Earth. Most of the emotional stuff we know about Vegeta was introduced in the Namek saga. Also, the backstory has nothing to do with my example. The example was redemption, not backstory.

Also the being impressed: just how exactly did Chopper and Usopp impress you? Usopp was made into a fool the very first page he appeared. I think Caribou made more of an impact than he did.

And everybody knew Fake Luffy was going to get beat up -.-*

Be as sure about it as you want, I am not. It just really wouldn't surprise me
Nov 20, 2010 11:05 AM

Aug 2007
Jesuvius said:
MistaCloudStrife said:

Dude, we hardly knew any of the backstory for Vegeta prior to him coming to Earth. Most of the emotional stuff we know about Vegeta was introduced in the Namek saga. Also, the backstory has nothing to do with my example. The example was redemption, not backstory.

Also the being impressed: just how exactly did Chopper and Usopp impress you? Usopp was made into a fool the very first page he appeared. I think Caribou made more of an impact than he did.

And everybody knew Fake Luffy was going to get beat up -.-*

Be as sure about it as you want, I am not. It just really wouldn't surprise me

If he does join then maybe Oda planned it this way so Coribou could become the sole captain and they fight later.
Nov 20, 2010 7:13 PM

Jun 2010
Sweet.....can't wait for Luffy to "tame" the krakken XD
Nov 23, 2010 2:55 PM
Feb 2010
OMG a kraken! Yep no doubt in my mind that Luffy is going to train that thing and give it a name.

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Dec 2, 2011 10:33 PM

Aug 2010
Jesus you guys are fucking stupid

Caribou will never join the straw hats
Dec 27, 2017 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
It's a mystery current!
The Kraken is here!
Sep 15, 2020 10:42 AM

Jun 2017
I actually expected Luffy to say "Let's make some Takoyaki!" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 6, 2022 9:23 AM
May 2020
An idiot of a Logia, the Return of Momoo, AND OCEAN SCIENCE!
Oct 20, 2022 9:43 AM

May 2021
About damn time the Kraken showed up.

Apr 17, 2023 1:19 PM

Dec 2022
haha everybody stand back Luffy is having an idea!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

33 by selasgamer »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

36 by Zyris »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

21 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 9:35 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.