Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2008 12:55 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like how they're still presenting character names when they come onscreen, even if they've been introduced in the past already. I thought I'd have a hard time identifying the large cast but this has helped a lot in not having to remember so many people.

More importantly, I like how both sides so far are getting their fair share of representation in the story. The closest show I've seen to this one is Crest/Banner of the Stars and, while it was a good show, one of it's drawbacks was that only one side was ever fully presented in the war. It's good seeing the story behind both Yang and Reinhard's plights along with the wide cast of characters that surround them.

As for the episode, it was another good one. Yang still seems too laid back which lead to him being taken advantage of by that politician. Luckily the dirty tactics employed by the PKC netted them a loss in the end. Hopefully they'll learn a lesson and stay at bay for a while.

I didn't expect to see Jessica again, let alone now holding the seat of a politician. I'm not sure how much clout she'll be able to amass being in the midst of all the other pro-war politicians.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 26, 2008 4:53 PM
Jun 2007
They show names throughout the ENTIRE series. I'm on 92, and they're STILL doing it. at first it was helpful, then it was irritating, now I just ignore it because I know all the characters.

May 26, 2008 7:06 PM

Apr 2007
Well, it's a good thing they continue showing the names then. From what I've read this series ran for 9 years which averages about 1 episode per month. Over that long period of time it would be understandable that people could forget names from the large cast. We have it easier because we have the luxury of going through the entire series faster since it's all fansubbed.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 26, 2008 9:21 PM
Jun 2007
Its OVA/OAV based. It was released in 4 parts. So every 25-29 or so episodes you'll see a slight increase in animation quality, and the opening will change.

They were actually released every few years apart. So the first was released in 88, and the last was released in 97.

The two inbetween, I don't know when they were released...

Jun 10, 2008 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
If I were watching anime back then I probably would've just waited till '97 to watch everything.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
May 30, 2009 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
Once again, Yang demonstrates his grand dancing skills xD

Jessica in politics? I just can't see it...
Jul 26, 2009 2:25 PM

Dec 2008
Jessica got 80% of the votes? That's alot.
Jul 27, 2009 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
At the very least, I don't thank Yang, Reinhard, and Siegfried need to be named. As for the episode, it was good. Great character development for Yang and Jessica. It seems that Yang may actually have it worse in the so called "republic".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 4, 2009 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
80% of the votes for Jessica? That reeks of a landslide victory.

Also, it's great to see more of Yang's dancing skills via flashback.
Nov 10, 2009 5:37 PM

Dec 2008
Presumably, "Miracle Yang" condemning the attack as an outrage by the pro-war party to those reporters made a rather large impact on the campaign.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Nov 22, 2009 8:26 AM

May 2009
The flashback was nice. Yang shows of his awesome dancing skills yet again, lol. (:
I liked the scene under the tree.
Jessica is in a dangerous position, and I hope the PKC doesn't try anything again.
Jun 15, 2010 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Jessica has gotten herself involved in a rather sticky situation. I rather like her character. She's in mourning over her husband, but is channeling that grief into something productive. She's rather ambitious — I was afraid this series was going to ignore the woman so I'm happy to be proven wrong.

BEGINNER
Jul 17, 2010 8:17 PM
Jun 2010
Can a music teacher really become a politician ? are they implying anyone can become one ? I'm still laughing at the hockey masked terrorist.

Jul 18, 2010 1:57 PM

Jan 2008
supersayen said:
Can a music teacher really become a politician ? are they implying anyone can become one?

If dumb fucks like Bush and Palin can, then yes.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 22, 2010 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
Beatnik said:
supersayen said:
Can a music teacher really become a politician ? are they implying anyone can become one?

If dumb fucks like Bush and Palin can, then yes.

LMAO
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 24, 2010 9:28 PM

Oct 2007
The kid not letting the police in was a bad move. I am afraid i'll have to downrate this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2010 4:09 PM

Jan 2010
AnimusNathan said:
They show names throughout the ENTIRE series. I'm on 92, and they're STILL doing it. at first it was helpful, then it was irritating, now I just ignore it because I know all the characters.

LOL

it was a nice episode,not as good as the previous one tho,wich is weird because i like the FPA more then the mastercards :p
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 19, 2010 8:30 AM

May 2009
clannad4ever said:
AnimusNathan said:

LOL

it was a nice episode,not as good as the previous one tho,wich is weird because i like the FPA more then the mastercards :p
hahaha....yay more power to the FPA....go Yang teitaku!!!!!

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Sep 5, 2010 11:54 AM
Aug 2010
JP_rNr said:
go Yang teitaku!!!!!
Hahaha, it's teitoku...teitaku means mansion ;)
Sep 6, 2010 1:15 AM

May 2009
srunni said:
JP_rNr said:
go Yang teitaku!!!!!
Hahaha, it's teitoku...teitaku means mansion ;)

oh...well at least now I know thanks ^^

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Nov 11, 2010 8:08 PM

Apr 2009
I hope nothing bad happens to Jessica now.
Nov 16, 2010 10:52 AM

May 2010
Eva = Jessica

Yang = Tenma
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 18, 2010 8:59 AM

Sep 2008
Confucius said:
Eva = Jessica

Yang = Tenma

LOL. How did you make that comparison?
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 16, 2011 10:30 AM

Dec 2010
I'm loving this series more and more with each episode....bringing back the PKC and Jessica out of nowhere was a stroke of genius :-D

Glad to see it seriously tackling political corruption though, as opposed to just the usual 'tyrannical dictator' seen so often before. It gives it a sense of depth lacking in similar war series
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Mar 12, 2011 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
Confucius said:
Eva = Jessica

Yang = Tenma

lol I don't see how, IMO Eva was a stupid character, all she did was try to make Tenma's life miserable while being drunk the entire time. Jessica is awesome, at least from this episode. She has balls taking up that political position in the middle of a war.

I like this show best when it is doing character development like this. Hopefully we will see a lot more episodes like this.
Jul 9, 2011 5:17 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode and character development on both Yang and Jessica.
Jul 30, 2011 12:27 AM
Jun 2011
I missed the position Jessica was running for. At any rate 80% would lead you to believe that the majority of the populace are anti-war. I'm wondering what kind of peace measures have already been tried.
Aug 20, 2011 6:16 PM
Jul 2010
This episode was a cool mirror of the last one, except concerning the Alliance. The democratic state's elite do the exact same thing as aristocrats. The only difference is that instead of smiling at and lying to each other, they smile at the camera and lie to the people behind televisions. It isn't like anyone is convinced by the lies either. No one believes for a minute that a little girl is happy her dad died a billion miles away, but they won't accept for a second any politician who doesn't "rally the troops" after every battle. This is stuff everyone knows, yet now decades after LoGH's release we can basically rewatch part of this episode on fucking C-Span anytime.

At least in fiction we can see 80% pro-peace landslides.

Grisle said:
I missed the position Jessica was running for. At any rate 80% would lead you to believe that the majority of the populace are anti-war. I'm wondering what kind of peace measures have already been tried.
The pro-war guy told Yang he was a district representative, in charge of some National Peace Conference. I wonder if the district was for his country, planet, or sector in space.
Oct 26, 2011 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
The "slice of life" segments are great. The dancing was hilarious.
Oct 31, 2011 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
Nice taxi
May 10, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, some Yang and Jessica development.
May 23, 2012 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
Loved Yang's dialogue about the little girl. Great episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 14, 2012 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gradually starting to like Yang's character, but Reinhard is still my favourite out of the two.
Jul 22, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Dragged into political struggles, getting involved means you, or people around you getting hurt. Brilliant quote from Yang will apply from a few eps back. "The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved." Last ep was, Reinhard version, this ep Yang version.

Ironic cause BOTH the Free Planets Alliance and Galactic Empire corrupted as fuck inside. But with 2 separate sides comes Heroes that will rise up to lead their nation. I can see it already.....LOGH gonna be a SUPER MASTERPIECE (it already is since ep 1 in my heart lol)

Oh...and Yang totally has feelings for Jessica xD
Sep 11, 2013 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
Wow ... That group is full of retards. But says volumes about a democratic nation where those that wish fore peace will be met violence, not even from the enemy, but by their own kin.
Oct 22, 2013 4:27 AM

Jan 2011
the story could be darker if the anti-war party planned the bombing themselves to gain sympathy votes, no good people in politics^^
Nov 27, 2013 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Another boring episode. But at least it looks like another battle is coming up soon.
Jun 1, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2012
Another good episode. Nice to see what Jessica's doing. It makes sense that they would be an anti-war party, though it is a little weird that she got 80% of the votes, that's a lot.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Jun 1, 2014 9:40 PM

Mar 2013
Fujaku said:
Another good episode. Nice to see what Jessica's doing. It makes sense that they would be an anti-war party, though it is a little weird that she got 80% of the votes, that's a lot.

It's not as farfetched as you may think. The reasons for this are twofold-

1) The War Party bombing the Anti- War Party. Even the most deluded of people would be hard pressed to ignore the likely culprit in that action. At the least getting bombed and getting their Representative murdered are likely to draw public sympathy and support.

2) Most Importantly Yang Wenli explicitly stated in a rare interview that he believed that it was done by the War Party. Any citizen with a semblance of intelligence will give validity to that statement. He is the Hero of the FPA, and the chances that he is talking out of his ass and is wrong with his tactical assessment are slim at best, and that's what the majority think.

The remaining 20% are Partisan voters that would vote for the War Party even if they saw them openly attacking the Anti War Party with their own eyes. They are beyond salvation. For the rest though you would be hard pressed to think of a more damaging scandal. Honestly when we hear of scandals in politics these days, they never reach the level of publicly bombing your primary political opponents base. That is so criminally corrupt and rotten that it boggles the mind, so in that light an 80-20% margin of victory isn't as surprising as you may think.
Aug 15, 2014 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
Really enjoyed that episode, although I think all Yang-centric episodes have been my favourites so far. Interesting to see that Jessica got 80% of the votes, sounds like she's got a lot of support.

Poor Yang, maybe he'll get better at dancing one day.
Oct 28, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Bunch of greedy bastards rather continue the war to attempt to wipe out the Empire instead of finally bringing a long due period of peace. Looks like Yang's retirement is gonna have to wait a while.

BurntJelly said:
Another boring episode. But at least it looks like another battle is coming up soon.

Gotta love it when people watch an anime only for the action and complain when an episode doesn't have any. Why not watch a crappy anime that's full of action with a terrible story and generic characters instead? An episode lacking action =/= boring. Especially on an anime that's not even an action series ಠ_ಠ
Feb 3, 2015 12:14 PM

May 2012
Very interesting development, I really like how this anime switch with both sides and their own character their problems! Let's see what happens next!
Feb 7, 2015 7:40 AM

Aug 2014
The world of this series is developing very well with good subplots on both sides of the war. I liked how we get to learn more about Yang Wenli's past in this episode. Both countries have so much to them with characters, hierarchies, and enemies within the country.
Feb 24, 2015 7:50 PM

Mar 2014
Episode 10. Politicians from the FPA use Yang's position and popularity as a tool for propaganda. You can tell that Yang is a humble person and doesn't really like the life of a "hero" nor the popularity. It interferes too much with his personal life.
Hmmmm. Taxi's in their world aren't operated by a driver. They run on AI or can be driven by a passenger as long as they have ID.
Why doesn't Yang have soldiers that follow him? He's an Admiral.
Flashback. Yang and Jean were poor and couldn't pay for college so they joined the military. If they don't become soldiers then they had to pay the military back all the money that was given to them.
Attack on the Anti-war group messed up Yang's chances of being with Jessica.
Jessica has gotten quite a bunch of character development this episode. I thought she would be a throwaway character.
Narrator isn't annoying but he's spoiling things to come. I wonder if i would feel like I missed anything if he never said it.
May 5, 2015 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode I think, showing how both sides have horrible problems caused by the 150 year industrial war complex.
I so can't wait for the confrontation face to face between Reinhard and Yang. I don't know if it will happen, but It must.
May 23, 2015 10:29 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome episode, great development on Yang. This show really give chances for other characters to get development which I really like so far.
Jun 19, 2015 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
Really liked Yang and Jessica's development in this episode. The foreshadowing was strong at the end.
Jun 29, 2015 8:35 PM

Feb 2015
80% seems a bit far fetched aside from that I liked this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2015 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
Kind of interesting how Reinhard is very ambitious for power and Yang is the opposite yet they are climbing up the ranks at a similar rate. Not saying Yang is any better just that their perspectives and situations are different.

We need more politicians like Jessica in the USA god dammit!!
anyways I'm glad they showed more of her, kind of admirable that she runs for office knowing she risk her life doing so, I hope they show more of her in latter episodes as she's fairly interesting, ohh and more development between her and yang too :p
Aug 5, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
best episode so far
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 29, 2008

58 by ELuck42 »»
Yesterday, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.