Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 25, 2008 5:25 PM

Mar 2008
I think Zero and the Black Knights are going to take a break from fighting for now. I'm sure he is waiting for the Chinese Federation to make a move, before he does, against Britannia.
May 25, 2008 5:36 PM
Nov 2007
Yeah, this sure is V for Vendetta meets 4chan in anime form. I suppose this means Zero has given up on Britannia and is instead focusing on Project Chanology.
May 25, 2008 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
yay got to see Diethard again finally. boo on a 2 week wait. slightly better than last weeks but still a notch below normal. if lelouch is gone to china though, surely they'd notice and viletta and rolo would be in trouble breaking the promise? so does Lelouch return by himself?

I think Lelouch lit the other candle for Euphemia, I don't think we'll see or hear anything about Cornelia for a while still. It seemed odd Suzaku just let them kill the guy that attacked him. It's about time he started to think about why Zero killed Euphy, instead of just SUZAKU KILL.
May 25, 2008 5:44 PM

Jul 2007
When I saw all those Zeros, the first thing that came to me was V for Vendetta since they all disguised themselves. But the dog with the Zero mask just pure lulz.

Am I the only one that thought the way Cecile was so...uh dressed up see Zero completely out of left field or what.
Mononoke Caramell Dansen
May 25, 2008 5:54 PM

Oct 2007
exile4ever said:
When I saw all those Zeros, the first thing that came to me was V for Vendetta since they all disguised themselves.

That's exactly what I thought. ^_^

Well this episode turned out to be a great non-action one and and some points I wasn't sure where this all was heading but it had a great resolution. Great to see all the characters again and we finally see what Nina's been up to. Loved the Kagura & Cecile fanservice... much better than the Viletta fanservice a couple episodes ago. I wonder if Viletta x Ougi will become official (>_<)?

http://www.tv.com/code-geass-lelouch-of-the-rebellion/a-million-miracles/episode/1199948/summary.html
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2008 5:57 PM

Oct 2007
Senna said:
The many Zeros was a very WTF? inducing moment. Those Black Knights can sure change clothes fast! The Villetta x Ougi moments were love, though. And I really liked Zero revealing his identity to Sayoko at the end. It shows how much he trusts her; after all, she's cared for Nunnally too (both as her maid, and as a friend, I think).

Agreed :P
May 25, 2008 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
exile4ever said:
When I saw all those Zeros, the first thing that came to me was V for Vendetta since they all disguised themselves. But the dog with the Zero mask just pure lulz.

That movie was definitely the first thing that came to my mind as well, it was a pretty clever move for Lelouch. I didn't find the episode that good, well at least not the first half...
May 25, 2008 6:16 PM

Dec 2007
ragnaroks said:
Can anyone explain me detailed what he meant by being exiled from the country? What happens or what priveligdes you get while being Exiled out of a country?

I just don't get that part very well where Zero asking them for the exile deal thingy in private chat...

ragnaroks said:
So Zero used their own law against them so the Japanese can escape 'peacefully'? Or moving to somewhere without being hunted down? But moving to where?

Still abit confused :(

From the top:
Exile is considered a form of punishment. It's really little more than saying "leave and don't come back." Someone in exile is simply thrown out and forbidden to return, or at least guaranteed severe punishment if he or she does. The points to exiling someone are that 1) said individual can no longer directly influence people at home, 2) no issues with detaining and attempted rescues/escapes, and 3) said individual is quietly gotten rid of without execution or imprisonment, thus preventing him/her from becoming a martyr.
This form of punishment is most commonly used against political dissidents, especially those with high popularity.

The trick Zero pulled hits on multiple levels. First, if they attack or arrest even one "Zero," they kill any and all credibility they have - not just with the Japanese, but with other nations and factions within Britannia as well. On the grander scale, it would especially play havoc with the peace that was just brokered with France. Second, they would be violating their own law. Finally, related to that, they'd be creating martyrs, which is the very thing an exile sentence is trying to prevent.

As to where they're going, everything points to China.
May 25, 2008 6:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
one million people with one million outfits? Where did that come from? How did Zero communicate his plans to his people??? Not well explained....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 25, 2008 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:
one million people with one million outfits? Where did that come from? How did Zero communicate his plans to his people??? Not well explained....

It just helps to leave your common sense on the door mat before watching Code Geass. Absolutely nothing falls within the realm of reality. Just accept that this guy is amazing and can pull battle plans and a million Zero suits out of his ass.
May 25, 2008 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sutiivu said:
wakka9ca said:

It just helps to leave your common sense on the door mat before watching Code Geass. Absolutely nothing falls within the realm of reality. Just accept that this guy is amazing and can pull battle plans and a million Zero suits out of his ass.

I just can't keep saying LOL to this absurdity....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 25, 2008 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
Where did he find the time to organise a million outfits let alone the funding for that many?? But seriously, that was a brilliant plan.
Btw, Villetta x Ougi
aeroMay 25, 2008 6:45 PM
May 25, 2008 7:18 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Like mystik, I also think Lelouch lit the other candle. I also think Suzaku thought the same thing, as well.

I could never really bring myself to hate Suzaku (he looks too much like Syaoran xD Damn you, clamp) and so I am especially glad that we hear him coherently wonder the reason for Lelouch killing Euphy. I wonder if some of his anger has died out, as it seems like he's almost wishing that Lelouch has regained his memories so that he can question him. They really do still care for each other, and a little part of me can't help but hope they'll be able to join forces and over throw Brittania in the end.

It seems the writers/director have made a clear choice to try and soften the viewer's thoughts on Suzaku as well, as many people have begun to state that they don't hate him as much anymore. This, I am glad for, as I am getting increasing disgusted by the childish "Suzaku diiiiiiiieeeee" statements.

Seems like Viletta might not always be so opposed to Zero based on her swaying feelings. Yay.

So Lulu, are we attacking Brittania on a global scale now (yay) or are we going to be heading back to Japan soon?
May 25, 2008 7:21 PM

Jan 2007
Great episode. Really enjoyed seeing Zero's plan play out even if it was a little out there.
May 25, 2008 7:44 PM

Jul 2007
am i the only one confused with china's plans? they are cooperating with zero, yes but why? what is their gain again? and why did xiao(that long haired chinese guy) kill the eunuch again? -_- if i had time id rewatch every ep from season 1 because right now, a 1 week(and now 2) lull from geass kinda makes me forget what happened the last couple eps T_T
May 25, 2008 7:45 PM

Aug 2007
Needed moar C.C.

But as everybody else said, great non-combat episode.

Hmm. I thought for a minute that Lulu was actually leaving Japan... and Rollo, but I corrected my dumb self. I still have hope for that Lulu x Rollo scene. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 25, 2008 8:13 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
Like mystik, I also think Lelouch lit the other candle. I also think Suzaku thought the same thing, as well.

I could never really bring myself to hate Suzaku (he looks too much like Syaoran xD Damn you, clamp) and so I am especially glad that we hear him coherently wonder the reason for Lelouch killing Euphy. I wonder if some of his anger has died out, as it seems like he's almost wishing that Lelouch has regained his memories so that he can question him. They really do still care for each other, and a little part of me can't help but hope they'll be able to join forces and over throw Brittania in the end.

It seems the writers/director have made a clear choice to try and soften the viewer's thoughts on Suzaku as well, as many people have begun to state that they don't hate him as much anymore. This, I am glad for, as I am getting increasing disgusted by the childish "Suzaku diiiiiiiieeeee" statements.

Seems like Viletta might not always be so opposed to Zero based on her swaying feelings. Yay.

So Lulu, are we attacking Brittania on a global scale now (yay) or are we going to be heading back to Japan soon?

He did light the candle. The part after Nunnely asked the question, they showed Lulu walking to Rollo and Rollo saying something along the lines of "are you done" and lulu saying, "yes I no longer have any ties left here". So it's pretty clear he did the other candle.

I also agree about Suzaku. I'm happy he's finally thinking with his head and not with is mecha or gun. Who knows how long that will last though.

I can only guess Zero's main goal now is to head for the capital and target the King since Nunnely basically has control over Japan. I think thats probably one of the reasons Zero asked Suzaku "Will you be able to protect the remaining Japaneses that where left behind".

As for Cornelia, I have a feeling shes in hiding for the purpose to find out what really happened to Lulu's mom. Everyone in the series either thinks she's dead or missing so what better time to investigate whats going on.
May 25, 2008 8:17 PM

Jan 2008
Taihaku said:
I just had a thought.....what if a japanese person honestly wanted to go into the new SAZ only to be hopelessly confused by everyone changing into zero costumes around him? That would have been hilarious heh.

haha, I thought the same thing!

May 25, 2008 8:20 PM

Feb 2008
Dang, it's going to suck with the longer wait. =P

I really don't know where this series is going. I'm not complaining, I still love it, etc, but I just don't know what to expect after this episode. I too am also really confused about the Chinese and what exactly they're doing.
May 25, 2008 9:18 PM

Sep 2007
I'm guessing the Chinese Feds want Britannia gone and they'll do anything even siding with Zero.
May 25, 2008 9:28 PM

Sep 2007
...Lame...
Zero using loopholes (and such shallow ones at that) is lame...and makes me cry inside...
May 25, 2008 9:31 PM

Mar 2007
I don't care how absurd the move was, V for Vendetta is practically my favorite movie, and so that part was pure awesomeness. And I'm too lazy to type anything else...

Dibs on Ishida!
May 25, 2008 9:46 PM

Sep 2007
ender650 said:
Great episode, if the rumors about episode 9 being delayed are true it will really be hard waiting for it to air. I still don't understand how the black knights are getting all of their resources- producing 1 million zero suites would be a massive and expensive undertaking.

Remember how Zero gets his cell phones and his Knightmares and just about anything else he wants (hint: it has something to do with the name of the series)? Plus, you know...some people just give them stuff... because rebellion is cool?
May 25, 2008 10:12 PM
Jul 2007
NabeShogun said:
ender650 said:
Great episode, if the rumors about episode 9 being delayed are true it will really be hard waiting for it to air. I still don't understand how the black knights are getting all of their resources- producing 1 million zero suites would be a massive and expensive undertaking.

Remember how Zero gets his cell phones and his Knightmares and just about anything else he wants (hint: it has something to do with the name of the series)? Plus, you know...some people just give them stuff... because rebellion is cool?

everyone knows that pizza hut does all the funding
May 25, 2008 10:29 PM

Oct 2007
Ha! Assuming you're able to suspend your disbelief about where he had a million Zero suits produced, that was a brilliant move! Awesome to see.

Like others have said, it was a rare heartwarming scene to see Lelouch take off his mask in front of Sayoko.

So this feels like it puts a cap on one part of the series. The Japanese are free from Brittannia rule. Although, being housed by the Chinese Federation isn't quite independence, it's a step in the right direction. I would imagine that their search for a new land isn't something Zero's going to be directly involved in.

So I'm wondering where the series will go next (no spoilers please, I'm just speculating). I'd be surprised if the Knights left Zero, but they did get much of what they wanted, so there's less of a reason to continue to follow him. So maybe not. I don't think he'll try to go back to the Japanese mainland, so I'm guessing the next stage will happen closer to wherever Schneizel is and the king of course, focusing on his personal revenge.
May 25, 2008 11:02 PM

Aug 2007
Sukotsutsu said:
I don't care how absurd the move was, V for Vendetta is practically my favorite movie, and so that part was pure awesomeness.

I guess it's V for Villetta in this case

DayToDie said:
ender650 said:

everyone knows that pizza hut does all the funding

haha. I guess the money I give to pizza hut goes to a "good" cause
May 25, 2008 11:03 PM
Jul 2007
rabbitpoets said:
Ha! Assuming you're able to suspend your disbelief about where he had a million Zero suits produced, that was a brilliant move! Awesome to see.

Like others have said, it was a rare heartwarming scene to see Lelouch take off his mask in front of Sayoko.

So this feels like it puts a cap on one part of the series. The Japanese are free from Brittannia rule. Although, being housed by the Chinese Federation isn't quite independence, it's a step in the right direction. I would imagine that their search for a new land isn't something Zero's going to be directly involved in.

So I'm wondering where the series will go next (no spoilers please, I'm just speculating). I'd be surprised if the Knights left Zero, but they did get much of what they wanted, so there's less of a reason to continue to follow him. So maybe not. I don't think he'll try to go back to the Japanese mainland, so I'm guessing the next stage will happen closer to wherever Schneizel is and the king of course, focusing on his personal revenge.

i agree the first arch if you want to call it that is over and it will be moving more into his personal goals.

I hope we get to see more CC soon. This season has been seriously lacking of the CC.
May 25, 2008 11:06 PM

Sep 2007
I think that this was a very awesome episode!!

I just LOLed hard when everybody "cosplayed" as Zero! Where did he get all of those?

I'm liking Suzaku even more... Whee!! "Zero understands me."~~
(shoot me! yeah! i'm a SuzaLulu dork! as well as RolloLulu~~~)

But I don't really understand this... Japan (Area11) is a property of Britannia.... so they can't live there... Where are those 1Million people going to go... And I don't think China will accept all of them...

And what about the emperor and VV? Zero is not done with them...

I'm guessing that the emperor and the Chinese will have something to do with the coming episodes...

Can't wait~~~ XD
May 25, 2008 11:12 PM

Apr 2008
Depending on how you look at it, the funding for all of the costumes could have been done a number of ways. If you figure there are 1,000,000 ppl, plus Lelouche's political backers, if enough people chipped in what they could(less for the poorer ones and more for the ones better off) the money isn't actually the hard part of the deal. I would be more concerned about the timing involved in producing that many costumes in a limited amount of time.

I thought it was a great plan to get all the rebels out of Japan where they couldn't cause anymore damage to the plans that Nunally is trying to put into effect. Lelouche has probably changed his main goal towards taking care of that jerk of an emperor and his empire. Just because somebody used their head and found a loophole doesn't mean they're lame. "A clever hawk hides it's claws" Using force or violence sometimes isn't the smartest way to go about it. Now that they're exiles, the Britannian government can't legally touch them unless they come back onto Britannian soil. Leaves them as much time as they want to make plans.
May 25, 2008 11:18 PM

Apr 2008
So, discussion aside, who noticed the dog with the zero mask?
May 25, 2008 11:27 PM

Mar 2008
I didn't, needs screencaps plz.
May 26, 2008 12:35 AM

Feb 2008
one of my favorite episodes yet!
May 26, 2008 12:39 AM

Feb 2008
LAH-Foton said:
I didn't, needs screencaps plz.

Here you are.
May 26, 2008 12:57 AM

Feb 2008
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 5th OF NOVEMBER.....oh wait...differnt movie

what? no clever twists....hahahaha
May 26, 2008 1:04 AM

Nov 2004
Suspend disbelief and this episode will be awesome. I'm wondering what path the show will take now, still in Japan or elsewhere? Maybe a Chinese Federation arc. But I doubt Lelouch left the country though since he is still under observation and while the people observing him are now serving him (Viletta and Rollo) he can't just leave otherwise they're gonna die.
May 26, 2008 1:29 AM

Aug 2007
Crystal said:
But I doubt Lelouch left the country though since he is still under observation and while the people observing him are now serving him (Viletta and Rollo) he can't just leave otherwise they're gonna die.

thats exactly what i was thinking. wonder how this is going to play out
May 26, 2008 1:43 AM

Jul 2007
Obby said:
Crystal said:
But I doubt Lelouch left the country though since he is still under observation and while the people observing him are now serving him (Viletta and Rollo) he can't just leave otherwise they're gonna die.

thats exactly what i was thinking. wonder how this is going to play out

Woah, yeah, i didn't even think of rollo and viletta more so than 'wtf? action is moving to... china?' I wonder wtf is going to happen next ep... 2 weeks is too long TT3TT
May 26, 2008 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
I'm so glad they didn't leave it on a huge cliffhanger because the wait is very bearable after watching that.
May 26, 2008 3:34 AM

Nov 2007
*sigh* again another 'plain' episode.. And it seems here that season 3 is likely.

AND worst of all,

Pizza Butt didn't even showed up for more than 15 seconds in the episode itself,
15 seconds,
15!!
And not even a single line spoken, she's only there to strike pose, man, what teh fruit T.T
(those 15 seconds excludes Re-cap, OP, and ED)

All in all, I only learned nothing but the names of 2 new characters: Romeyer and Kanon. Plus, we have a new character, the 'Chinese Yotsuba&' lol
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

May 26, 2008 4:29 AM

Jun 2007
pretty good episode. mainly, its g for geass.
i loved that part.
zero's plan was interesting, except for the part that it is really interesting how he set things up.
the live geass is still intact. but suzaku knows about it. i wonder how, since he is supposed to forget everything when he gets geassed. anya is cute
Nina's whereabouts are shown.. she is with gaynischel, and it seems like she is somewhat important to him
princess kaguya is just so cute... the hug was awesome.. she, they are married? O.O
cecile with hot outfit was lols
villeta x oughi, yay
xing guy has some illness, i wonder what.
suzaku, YES, you are not a dumbfuck anymore.
he actually thought of what to do
LOLz at doggy zero.
million zeros was fun
sayaka (was that the name?) heartwarming part, seems like lulu trusts her, and like she is part of the black knights somehow.
no ep for two weeks, bleh.... no previews either.

good ep .
May 26, 2008 5:13 AM

Mar 2008

OMG
May 26, 2008 5:26 AM

Apr 2008
I didn't like the rest of the episode much but the scene where all the Zero's were revealed made up for it big time. It was pretty awesome.

It was heartwarming to see Lelouch reveal himself to Sayoko , but that means there won't be a kidnap scene like I thought =(, plus what will happen when they find that Lelouch has conviniently disappeared.

and what the hell is going on with C.C? I didn't see her in this episode at all.

Edit: Scratch that. I remember she was in a zero suit at the end.
SuikoMay 26, 2008 6:02 AM
May 26, 2008 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
One word: Awesome, when everybody had zero suits i laughed so hard;7
May 26, 2008 7:36 AM

May 2007
Lelouch took Suzaku to school. Good move.

Looking forward to more.
May 26, 2008 7:45 AM

Sep 2007
Richard_Omega said:

the live geass is still intact. but suzaku knows about it. i wonder how, since he is supposed to forget everything when he gets geassed.

I'm pretty sure that they only forget their memories after they finish what they were ordered to do. Suzaku is technically still in the process of doing Lelouch's order of "do not die" so it's natural that he is aware of it. Or VV could've told him that he was geass'd before... or both even.
May 26, 2008 8:06 AM
Apr 2008
WOW. I never expect Lelouch to think of this crazy method. And I really hate that glasses girl who has a grudge on Lelouch. She's just so creepy when she go psycho at Euphy's death.
May 26, 2008 9:01 AM

May 2008
I did not see the one million Zeros coming, which is something I like. I hate predictable stuff. Overall I found it to be a good episode, 4/5.
May 26, 2008 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
aaaah but youre not entirely correct...its one million zeros and a dog haha.
May 26, 2008 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
Good move
May 26, 2008 11:33 AM

Oct 2007
infinite_zero said:
So, discussion aside, who noticed the dog with the zero mask?

ME, ME! XD

I think the episode was lame, but strangely epic at the same time. The 1 million Zeros were totally unexpected. Suzaku got owned, which servers him damn right.

And the other person who lit a candle for Euphemia was probably Cornelia or Nina (I still hate Nina.)
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Today

5 by Arminken »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.